Bad Intentions {TVD}

By SammyjVega

Alina Gilbert is one of those people that you can't tell is hurting, but her twin sister, Elena? She basks in... More

{Epigraph}
{Cast}
{Season 1}
I. The beginning
II. The Falls
III. Okay?
IV. Brother Salvatore
V. Young love
VI. Dinner parties suck.
VII. Football and Fights
VIII. Wrong
IX. Not afraid
X. Death
XI. Mistakes
XII. Okay
XIII. Ruin Me
XIV. All i can do is grieve
XV. Hear me
XVI. Adopted.
XVII. It'll be alright
XVIII. No rest for the wicked
XIX. What trickery
XX. The Bachelors
XXI. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood
XXII. Open Doors
XXIII. Who is in control
XXIV. Pageant queens
XXV. Family
XXVI. The she-devil
XXVII.Founders Day
-- Season 2 --
XXIX. Survival of the fittest
XXX. A full moon
XXXI. All the good times
XXXII. Kill or Be Killed
XXXIII. Always have a backup
XXXIV. Hide and Seek
XXXV. A flower
XXXVI. The Evil Doppel-bitch
XXXVII. Till death do we part
XXXVIII. A Full Moon
XXXIX. And All Hell Broke Loose
XL. Daddy Issues
XLI. The Boy Who Cried Wolf
XLII. Family Dinner
XLIII. The Unwelcomed Guest
XLIV. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer
XLV. A dance to remember
XLVI. Klaus
XLVII. Last Chance
XLVIII. A new dawn
XLIX. A new day
L. If i lay here
~Season 3~
LI. Blow out your candles
LII. The hybrid dick
LIII. The moral of the story
LIV. Temper tantrums
LV. And the truth comes out
LVI. Teenage dream
LVII. The other side
LVIII. Day to Daylife
LIX. Another Dance
LX. Read the Fine Print
LXI. This Town
LXII. Bonds will be broken
LXIII. The Living Dead
LXIV. Danger Comes in All Shapes and Sizes
LXV. The Mikaelsons
LXVI. 1912
LXVII. Come on in
LXVIII. Murder for one
LXIX. Jar of Hearts
LXX. Don't be so Soft
LXXI. And the Sun Sets
LXXII. Dearly Departed
-- Season 4 --
LXXIII. Out With the Old, in With the New
LXXIV. In Loving Memory
LXXV. Back from the Dead
LXXVI. The Brotherhood of the Five
LXXVII. Murder was the Case That They Gave Me
LXXVIII. As Crazy as the Mad Hatter
LXXIX. The Keeper of Keys
LXXX. New Orleans
LXXXI. Faith and Hope Suck
LXXXII. Detention
LXXXIII. Run, Run as Fast as You Can
LXXXIV. Murder's a common occurrence
LXXXV. Where the Wild Things Are
LXXXVI. Way down we go
LXXXVII. Please Stay
LXXXIX. Cheerleader
XC. Nightfall
XCI. A second chance
XCII. Photographs
XCIII. Humanity for the win
XCIV. A game of survival
XCV. Cap n' Gown
AN
!!New Book!!

XXVIII. Ding dong the bitch is back

1.3K 22 5
By SammyjVega

    I freeze as i hear the front door open, "Jeremy? Alina? You up?" I peek around the corner, sighing in relief when it's just Elena. 

     "Elena?" We both look towards the kitchen when we hear a clatter and someone groaning. 

    "Oh, my god..." I gasp. Elena and i run over to John, there's blood everywhere and he's holding his stomach. There's a knife next to him, Elena grabs a towel from the sink, applying pressure. I pull my phone out, dialing 911. 
    I feel someone behind me and frown. 

  "9-1-1, what's your emergency?" The operator asks. 

    "H-Hi, i need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street," I say in a rushed tone. 

  "B-behind you." 

    "What?" Elena frowns. 

"B-behind you!" I spun around, seeing no one there. I hand the phone to Elena, picking up the night beside him. 

    "Alina, Alina what are you doin-" 

"Shh!" I say, waving my hand. I slowly start to walk around the corner, i hear something behind me, spinning around. The door opens and slams shut and i scream, falling to the floor. 
   My mind floods to the only other person here, Jeremy. 

 "Jeremy!" I call out, dropping the knife and running upstairs. "Jeremy! Jeremy!" I run into his room to see him laying on his bed, motionless. I jump onto his bed, shaking him. "Jeremy, Jeremy, please wake up!" I cry, tears forming in my eyes. 
   He gasps, his back arching and i sigh, pulling him into my arms. Obviously there was a vampire in the house, a vampire that had to be invited in...

____________________

     Elena and i stand on the stairs as they wheel John's body out, he's alive, but barely. I might not have liked him all that much, but he didn't have to die. 
    Stefan walks up as they wheel his body out, he tries to walk through the door, but an officer stops him. 

    "He's okay," Elena says, Stefan rushes up the stairs towards us, we lead him upstairs towards Jeremy's room. After i had found him i found Elena and I's old pills from the accident and a vial of blood, what I'm assuming is vampire blood. 

    "What happened?" Stefan asks. 

"He said Anna gave him her blood, and then took all these pills." I frown, handing him a pill bottle. "And now, I mean, he looks fine, but then again so do you and Damon." I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "So i just-- I don't know." 

    "Come here, look at me." Stefan demands, getting on his knee to look at Jeremy. 

    "No, I'm fine, okay? I feel exactly the same." He snaps.

"Should i call a paramedic up here? Or... what should we do?" Elena sighs. 

   "No." Stefan says, shaking his head, "He's fine" 

"So you mean I'm not a vampire?" He frowns, Stefan gives him a look and Jeremy sighs, "Damn It." He mutters. 

    "Don't say that." I cry. Elena holds onto me and shakes her head. 

     "Jeremy-- Jeremy, why would you want that?"

"Did you hear about Anna, what happened to her tonight?" Jeremy seethes. "She's dead." 

    "Yeah, i know." I glare, " I was in there too." I say, my eyes glossing over. Jeremy's face falls, not knowing. 

    "Jeremy, Jeremy, come here, sit down." Stefan orders, sitting him on the bed. "I am very sorry about Anna," Jeremy kept trying to get out of his hold until Stefan grabbed his face, "But it's very important that you listen to me right now. With every passing moment, Anna's blood is leaving your system. If you tried to kill yourself right now, you could really die." 
    Jeremy tries to look away but Stefan gives a light slap on Jeremy's cheek. "Do you understand me?"

    "Stefan." Elena says alarmed. 

"Yeah, i understand." Jeremy glared. 

      "Good." Stefan stares at him for a second, before standing up, walking back over to Elena and I. 

    "What about the pills he took?" Elena asks I'm shocked she hasn't said anything about the kiss, maybe she's just waiting for everyone to leave so she can yell at me in private. 

    "He didn't take enough to die. So Anna's blood actually healed him of that." Stefan nods. There's a knock on the door and i look over, seeing an officer. 

    "Ms. Gilbert." Elena and i look to each other and I look back to the officer. 

     "I'll be right there." 

"You guys need to be at the hospital, not just for John, but for Carolin-" 

    "Caroline?" I ask confused. Stefan and Elena look to each other. "What's going on?" 

    "Alina.... Caroline, Matt,and Tyler got into an accident tonight, She's not doing so good." I let out a breath and nod. 

    "W-we need to be at the hospital." I say, looking over to Jeremy, "But..."

    "No, I'll stay here with Jeremy," Stefan assures, i look to Elena and she nods. I nod slowly but Jeremy pulls on my arm, shaking his head. 

    "No, i don't need a baby-sitter." He argues. 

"Yes, you do." Elena glares. "Come on, A." I give him a sympathetic look as i leave the room. 

_____________________

     I rush into the hospital, looking for the boys. I called her mom and she told me that Care was in surgery. I look around, seeing Matt and run up to him. "Matty..." I call out. He sees me and gets up, hugging me.

    "How's Caroline?" I ask as pull away, Bonnie walks up after and we hug for a minute. 

    "How is she?" She asks. 

Matt shakes his head, sitting back in his chair, "She not good, guys." He lets out shakily. 

    "What happened?" Bonnie asks, sitting beside him. 

"We were driving and Tyler heard this noise." Matt sighs, Bonnie and I look to each other, a noise?

    "A noise?" I ask, crossing my arms. 

"Yeah, and he got this migraine or something. And he lost control of the car. A-And i thought that Caroline was fine, " He chokes out, "And then- and then she wasn't, so..." he sighs, running a hand through his hair. 

    "I gotta call my mom." He frowns, getting up and walking away. 

     "Tyler heard the noise, Is he a vampire?" Bonnie asks. 

"There's no way..." 

     "Bonnie, Alina," Elena calls out, she must have just finished parking. We turn to look at her and she sighs, "How's Caroline?" 

      My eyes start to water and Elena frowns, "S-she's weak." I mumble. "They don't know if she's going to make it." Elena gasps, her and Bonnie wrap their arms around me.

    "What?" Elena gasps, "Isn't there a spell or something you can do?" 

    "She doesn't know how." I look over, seeing Damon he smiles and I give him a small smile, "Do you?" 

   "No, i don't." Bonnie sighs, as we all pull away. 

"No, you don't. Because it took Emily years to learn a spell like that." Damon smirks. 

    "Oh, well, i can take a vampire down." Bonnie smirks, "That spell was easy to learn." 

      "Can we not do this right now?" I groan. Bonnie sighs, mumbling a sorry. 

     "I can give Caroline some blood." He says quietly. 

"No, no way." Elena glares, shaking her head. 

        "No, no, no, just enough to heal her. She'll be safe in the hospital, and it'll be out of her system in a day." He assures. "She'll be better, Elena." 

     "I can't agree to that." 

"Do it." I nod. They all look to me and i look to Caroline, "This Caroline, Elena."

    "Alina's right, Okay? We can't let her die. Do it." Bonnie agrees. Damon looks between us and sighs. 

     "If i do this, you and me, call a truce." He says to Bonnie. 

"No, but you'll do it anyway. For Alina." She smirks, Damon's eyes flicker over to me and smirk. I give Bonnie a look and Elena sighs, furrowing her eyebrows. Bonnie walks away and Elena looks to me. 

     "Look, i know this is probably the last thing you two want to do right now, but we should talk about what happened tonight," Damon says i look to the ground with wide eyes. And here comes the wrath of Elena. 

   "Yeah, one of the tomb vampires escaped, got into the house and almost killed John." Elena says in a 'duh' tone. My head snaps up and i look up to Damon who gives me a confused look. 

    "What? When? After i left?" He frowns, looking down at me, "Why didn't you call me?" 

    "You were there?" Elena asks confused, "Why would Alina call you?" 

      I sigh, rolling my eyes, "You literally saw him on the porch with me. You know he was there." I sigh. 

     "When was he at the house?" Elena glares, turning serious. 

     "Really?" Damon groans, "You caught us on the porch, You were pissed." Damon frowns, she gives us a weird look and he sighs. "You caught us kissing." 

    Elena looks at me shocked, then anger flooding her face, "You and Damon kissed!" She growls. 

    "Yes, you caught us, you were pissed. Why are you acting like you have no idea what we're talking about?" I glare, why is she acting so weird. 

     "Alina, i have no idea what you're talking about i was at the Grill with Stefan until i came home and we found John, i dropped you off, there is no way i couldn't have gotten home that fast." I frown, tilting my head, this isn't making sense. 

     "Oh...oh... you have got to be kidding me." Damon groans, Elena and i look to him with furrowed eyebrows, he looks between us and then walks way, what the hell is going on?

________________

    I sigh open the door but frown when i hear Stefan groan. I  shove the door open, rushing in, Elena and Damon rushing in behind me. We all look to see Stefan on the ground. "Stefan?" Elena and i ask. He looks between us and then back up to Elena. 

     "Elena." He sighs. 

"What happened?" She asks confused, giving him an odd look. 

    "Katherine." Damon groans, "Katherine happened." 

Elena and i share a look, terror running through us as we look between Damon and Stefan. "Katherine? As in your pshyco ex-girlfriend Katherine?" I frown. God, i hate that bitch. 

    "Unfortunately." He says in a grimace, i look away and Damon sighs, walking over to me. I walk into the kitchen, sitting at the table, everyone following me. 

     "I need to go check on Jer." Elena sighs, walking up the back stairs. Damon sits next to me, grabbing my hand under the table. 

     "Did she say what she wanted?" Damon asks. 

"No." Stefan sighs, pacing.

     "The woman sure knows how to make an entrance." Damon mumbles. 

    "She said she fooled one of us at least." He glares, staring at Damon. "What does that-- What does that mean?" 

    "She pretended to be Elena, too, when i showed up earlier tonight," Damon states simply.  Elena walks back into the kitchen, frowning.

    "I told Jeremy. I can't lie to him anymore." She says shaking her head. 

   "Are you all right?" Stefan asks, walking over to her. 

"No, I'm not all right." She sighs, "I thought that with all the tomb vampires gone, things would get better." 

     "I know. We all did." Damon runs his thumb over my knuckles. 

    "Guys, Katherine was in here, in our house. She's been invited in." I frown, "What are we gonna do?"

    "Move." Damon shrugs. I give him a look and he shrugs again.

     "Very helpful, thank you," Elena says sarcastically. 

"Katherine wants you two dead, there's zero you can do about it, you would be dead. But you're not." He informs us, "So clearly she has other plans." Elena sighs, sitting down across from me, she looks at us suspiciously, looking back to Stefan. 

    "Right, and we need to find out what those other plans are and not provoke her in the process." Stefan tells us, Damon tilts his head, "What happened tonight when you thought she was Elena?" 

   Damon and I look to each other and then he smirks, "To risk another frown line appearing on a very crowded forehead... we kissed." He says slowly. 

    "But-" Elena starts, frowning. 

"What do you mean you kissed?" Stefan glares, clenching his jaw. My eyes widen realizing we didn't exactly make it clear that Damon and i kissed. 

    "Well, you know, when two lips pucker, and they--" He makes a kissing noise, Stefan rushes forward, Damon instantly switching spots with him, "Don't be obvious Stefan." He smirks. Stefan stalks towards him and i stand in front of him, holding my hand out. 

     "Stefan, wait, he kissed me. Katherine tricked us to think she was Elena inside." I explain quickly, "You know Elena wouldn't do that." 

    "You two kissed?" Stefan grits out. I look at him weirdly, frowning and looking back to Damon who's smirking at Stefan. 

    "Why did you two kiss anyways? You told me you weren't going to go there." She glares. 

    "People lie, you should know that." I smirk, "And we don't have time for this." I remind them. 

   Stefan looks up to Damon, still glaring, "Later." He grumbles, Damon gives a small nod. 

    "And we're talking later," Elena confirms and i nod. "John must know something." Elena states, getting back on topic, I can still see the tension between Stefan and Damon and i place a hand on Damon's chest. 
    "There has to be a reason why Katherine tried to kill him." She says, frowning when she sees who we're standing. 

    "She's Katherine." Damon snaps, "She loves to play games, and you're fooling yourselves if you think you're going to find out what she's up to before she wants you to know." Damon says, moving to lean on the wall. 

    "No, actually, Elena's right." Stefan argues, "John could know something through Isobel. Your mother, she was in touch with Katherine, so maybe we can go to the hospital and talk." 

    "I've got a better idea," Damon mutters. 

"Care to share?" I ask, looking over to him. 

      "I'm just going to ignore the bitch." He shrugs. 

"Such an intellectual," I say sarcastically. 

      "If she's ignored, it'll lure her out. She'll make a move." 

"Yeah? Then what?" Stefan asks. 

     "Stake her, rip her head off. Something poetic." Damon says, widening his eyes slightly, he heads towards the door and looks for me to follow him, but i don't, i don't want to make this worse. "We'll see." He mutters, fully leaving. 
   I feel like Damon and i were getting somewhere, but now i feel like all that's screwed up, Katherine's back and it's gonna screw with his head. I hope there's nothing there...

________________________________

      Being on Stefan and Elena-rest sucks, They forced me to go with them to the hospital because they don't want me alone to where i can be with Damon. Assholes, Elena has control of my phone, so i have no idea if he's texted me or not. And to make things better, they're still ultimately pissed at me. 

     "You ready for this?" Stefan asks, patting Elena's back. She nods, walking into the room and i try to stand out in the hall but Stefan gives me a knowing look. 

     "In the room." He says, gesturing for me to walk in. I roll my eyes, walking on, Stefan trailing in after me. John's asleep on the table and Elena sighs.

     "John?" She asks quietly. His eyes flutter open and he looks around, seeing Stefan and Elena, then his eyes land on me, I guess it wasn't a good idea to stand in the dark corner, away from Stefan and Elena. 
   He gaps, reaching for the help button but Stefan grabs his hand, Elena sighs, pulling me forward into the light. 

    "It's Alina, not-" 

"I'm not Katherine." I deadpan. His eyes are still wide as he looks over to Stefan. 

    "We know she did this to you." Stefan states. 

"We just need to know why," Elena adds. 

    "Where is she?" John asks quietly, clearly afraid. 

"You tell us." Stefan shrugs. 

     "I don't know." He starts to sit up, groaning but Stefan pushes him back into the bed. 

   "You're a little too weak to play tough guy, why don't you just sit back, answer a few questions," Stefan tells him, i quirk an eyebrow, looking over to Elena who has a small frown on her face. 
     I watch as Elena opens up John's hand and places his ring in his hand, he looks up to her slowly, looking between us. 

    "Please?" Elena begs. "Tell us why she's here. What does she want?" John's silent for a minute, staring at Elena. 

    "She'll try again." Stefan tells him, "We can't help you if you don't confide in us." 

    "In you?" John scoffs. Elena and i look to each other. 

Stefan sighs, looking back to the both of us, "Your daughters, then." 

     "My daughters should have driven a stake through yours and your brother's hearts by now." He smirks, giving Stefan a small nod, "I haven't spoke with Katherine directly. She never trusted me." Elena shakes her head, not understanding, "So either kill me or get out. Because i can't stand the sighs of you with my daughters." 

    I scoff, causing everyone to look at me, "You see, the problem with your hatred? It's gonna get you killed, and next time i hope i don't come downstairs so she can finish the job." I glare, i know i shouldn't have said it, but i can't let him disrespect Stefan and Damon. I turn and walk out of the room, no one stopping me. 
     John being my actual father sucks, i think it would have been better if Alaric was actually our father. I sigh, realizing i should visit Caroline, i needed my best friend right now. 

    I walk down the halls until i get to Caroline's room, her room door's open and i stand in the doorway, her head turns to me and then she beams when she sees me. 

    "Alina!" She beams, i walk in, giving her a soft hug. 

 "How are you feeling?" I ask with a small smile. 

      "I'm great! The doctors say it's a miracle, I'm healing really quickly." She grins, my eyes become teary, she's okay. Damon's blood actually helped her. "Why do you look like you're about to cry, Bonnie actually cried." She laughed. 

     "I'm just really happy you're okay." I laugh, sitting next to her in a chair. 

    "Come here." She smiles, pulling me in for another hug. 

"I don't what i would have done if you... if something happened." I sniffle. "You're really important to me. I love you, Care." 

     "I love you too, A." She beams. We pull away and she smiles, "So, what's the latest gossip?" 

    I give her a small smile and her eyes widen, "What's going on with the tall, mysterious and sexy Salvatore brother?" She smirks. 

     "We kissed... again." I say with a small smile. She grins, clapping her hands. 

    "So... are you two like, together now?" She asks, having to know every detail.

   "I have no clue." I groan, giving her a small shrug. 

She hums, giving me a smirk, "Dalina... i like it." She smirks, wiggling her eyebrows. I have to admit, i kind of like it too."

__________

     Stefan and Elena had came to get me, staying with Caroline before Elena had to excuse us because we had to go to the Lockwoods for the Mayors wake. "So, we just have to swing by the house and get Jenna and Jeremy so we can go to the Lockwood's." Elena sighs, "How did you leave it in there with John?" 

     "I, uh... I asked him to leave town." Stefan shrugs. 

I scoff, looking over to Stefan, "Asked?" He smiles slightly and i laugh, "You threatened him." Elena widens her eyes and Stefan sighs. 

    "Yeah, i threatened him." He nods. 

"Good." Elena says shakily, "I want him gone, Stefan. We both do. I know what i shouldn't feel that way, but i don't want someone like that in my life, or Jeremy's, or Alina's."

    "I know, i know." He sighs, Stefan pulls her into a hug and i frown, looking away. 

    "So what now?" She asks. 

"Now... i need to go find Damon. He's mad." He says, glancing to me.

   "Please, Stefan, don't fight with him." I frown. 

"Alina, he's not a good guy or someone you should be involved with." Stefan sighs, "He needs to leave you alone." 

    "Really? You're getting upset over something that is something Damon and I need to discuss, that's not the problem, Katherine is." I glare.
   Elena sighs, rubbing my arm up and down. 

"She's right, we'll worry about this later. She's already messing with all of our heads, and Damon's not stable when it comes to her." I frown at Elena's words and look to the ground, "The last thing we need is to make it worse." 

_____________________________

    I sigh as my phone rings, Bonnie calling me, "Hello?" 

  "Alina, where are you?" 

     I groan, throwing my head back, "Bonnie, I know I'm late. We're getting in the car right now. We'll be there in five, promise." I say opening the back door for Jeremy and Elena. I hang up, walking to the driver's seat. 

    "Who was that?" Elena asks. 

"Bonnie, she was asking where i was, she sounded... scared." Bonnie just ran into Katherine...

_____________________________

      "Looks like the whole town has turned out." Jenna smiles as we walk up to the front lawn. 

    "Yeah, well, he is--  was the mayor," Elena says i start looking around for Bonnie or... me... Katherine. 

    "Why don't they save it for the funeral?" Jeremy sighs. 

"Cause it's what people do, Jer. The Lockwood's were there for us when we were in the same position." I tell him, looking around. 

     "Yeah, because you and Tyler were dating." He deadpans. I roll my eyes as we walk up the stairs. 

     "It'll be quick." Jenna assures, "We'll drop off the food, pay our respects and go." I look to my left and see Damon. Elena also sees him, pulling my arm. He frowns when he sees Elena. 

    "In and out? Sounds like a plan." Jeremy beams. I pull myself away from Elena, walking over to Damon. 

   "You guys go ahead. I'll, um, I'll be right there, okay?" I tell them walking towards him. 

     "Alina." Elena grits out. 

"Elena, go." I tell her. Damon smirks, "Hey, how are you..." 

     "You've been ignoring me." He frowns.

"No, I've been on Stefan and Elena-rest, she had my phone all day until i got home." I tell him, "So don't ignore my question, How are you doing?" 

      "I'm going great, Alina. Walking on the sunshine, thanks for asking." He says sarcastically. I quirk an eyebrow. 

    "Damon..." 

"Alina..." He mocks. 

      "We should be able to talk about this, i want to know how you're going. We should be closer than this." I frown. 

    "Okay. We kissed a couple of times, and you kissed me back. I thought your sister walked in on us, turns out it was my ex, doppelganger hijinks ensued. You walk away every time, so i guess it means nothing to you. So how do you think I'm doing?" He glares.

    I scoff shaking my head, "It obviously meant something to me, Damon. Why would i come back every time I've walked away? You have no right to say it meant nothing to me. How much more obvious do i have to be Damon?" I grit out.

    He frowns, his face softening, He reaches out to pull me towards him but i back away, "Alina, don't be like this, please..." 

    "You know what? You only care about me when Katherine isn't around." 

     "Alina, now hold on-" 

"No! I get it, Elena's the better twin, Katherine's obviously the better option, but no one puts me first, least of all you, I thought you were different. But it's obvious that's not true, so you don't deserve me coming back every time." He just stares at me, not knowing what to say, i slowly back up, walking into the house. 
    Tyler steps in front of me, frowning. 

"When did you change?" 

     "What?" I ask, slightly confused. 

"You were wearing something totally different like, twenty minutes ago, when did you change?" 

   My eyes widen in realization, he also saw Katherine, "Someone spilled their drink on me, i had to change." I smile. He nods, frowning. 

   "Alina!" Bonnie calls out, i frown, sighing shaking my head. 

____________________________

     I sigh as i watch Elena clean up Stefan's stab wound. Apparently, Stefan stopped Katherine from hurting Bonnie and the two went on a walk until she stabbed him. 

    Elena sighs, looking up to Stefan, "Are you gonna be okay?" 

     "Yeah. It'll heal." He sighs, nodding. 

"That's not what i meant." Elena sighs, giving him a knowing look, Stefan looks to Elena and i frown. 

    "What were you even doing with her?" I frown.

"I was trying to figure her out." He frowns, "I was playing along, i let her get to me." He frowns. 

     "I tried to track her but she's gone." Damon sighs, walking up. His face contorts into disgust, turning his head away, "Ooh, cover-up, Fabio." Stefan rolls his eyes, pulling his shirt down, " We got a crazy ex on the loose. Better watch out, looks like Katherine's trying to steal your guy." He smirks. 

    "That's not what's happening," Stefan argues, looking to the ground. I sigh, crossing my arms, not looking towards Damon. 

    "Isn't it?" Damon glares, obviously upset Katherine isn't trying to get him back. I clench my jaw and Elena gives me a weird look. "I mean, it's only fair since i... went for your girl." 

    I look over to Elena, huffing. "I need some air." 

"We're outside." She frowns. I glance at Damon and give her a look. 

     "Well this air's toxic, i need to check on Jenna and Jeremy, anyways, have fun," I grumble. I hear Damon let out a shaky breath as i walk up the steps to the main back. 

_____________________________________________

        I sigh, pulling my shirt over my head. I'm so tired after today, i just want to sleep, fall asleep and forget about everything. I frown in the mirror, turning around. 

     "What are you doing here?" I say, crossing my arms. 

"Just doing my part in the neighborhood watch." He frowns, looking right at me, "And i needed to see you." 

    "Okay, you saw me, now you can go." 

He gives me a look and i frown, he's buzzed. "Have you been drinking?" He holds up his hand, pinching his fingers together, telling me he's only drank a little. I watch him and tilt my head, "Why do you do that?" I ask.

     "Do what?" 

"Make me feel bad for being mad at you, you're upset and buzzed, not a good combination, Damon." 

     "No, I'm not upset." He scoffs, "Upset is an emotion specific to those who care" 

     "And stop doing that, too." I glare, "Stop pretending you don't care if you didn't care you wouldn't be here." I tell him. He looks over to me and i don't like the look on his face, "What's wrong?" 

     "I did something bad..." He says looking forward. 

"What did you do?" I ask cautiously. 

     "I kissed Katherine, I-I almost slept with her." He admits. I clench my jaw, looking away feeling the tears pool in my eyes, "Please don't, don't cry." He says getting up and moving towards me, i move away, pressing myself against the wall. He stops and his face falls like i just hurt him as much as he hurt me. 

     "Then why are you here, Damon?" I say shakily, "That's what you've been waiting for, isn't it? This amazing love story to happen, a great, epic love." I laugh humorlessly, shaking my head a few tears escaping, "None of it was real, was it? Because i actually thought... i thought that..." I choke out, "God, you're just a liar. Let me guess, she blew you off, so you came to see me..." 

    "No, no that's not how it happened, let me explai- 

"That is how it happened, that's how it always happens. Because if Katherine would have said that she loved you, you'd be in bed with her right now, right? Because usually, your first choice doesn't come through, so you come to me, your second choice, the back-up plan." 

    He walks forward, taking my face in his hands, "Alina, i never think of you that way." 

     "Maybe not intentionally, i mean don't you realize that makes it so much worse?" I say, pushing him away, "It's like you don't even realize how much it hurts, how much it hurts me." 

     "Alina... I'm sorry..." 

"No, I'm sorry, look, Damon, know she has you pretty messed up right now, and i hate knowing that you don't care about me the way i care about you, I can't keep being your second choice, when she's your first," I say shaking my head, he grabs my arm, pulling me back to him. 

    "You Alina, you are my first choice. I thought i still loved her, but the whole time, i thought about something else." He says softly, "But what you don't get is, i didn't want to kiss her, I wanted to kiss you."
    My eyes widen and he smiles, "When i kiss you, i feel things, things i didn't feel with her. 

    "Damon... i can't..." 

"Tell me, when i kiss you do you feel nothing?" He asks, i shake my head and his smile grows, "Do you have feelings for me. Because i can't keep doing this..." 

     "What?" I whisper, Damon's holding my arm so close to him that I'm pushed up against his chest. 

    "Pretend we're just friends, i can't stop thinking about you, about us." 

     "Damon, please," I whisper, leaning my head on his chest. "I can't lose you..." 

      "And i can't lose you either." He says i look up and it's like he's staring into my soul. "I love you, Alina Gilbert." It was an impulse, i wrapped an arm around his neck, bringing him down to me and connecting my lips with his, his hands automatically wrap around me and he eagerly kisses me back. 

    After a minute or two, i pull away, staring into his eyes. "I love you, Damon Salvatore."

"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190K 5K 22
(Y/n) Gilbert was one of the most outgoing people you could ever meet, but when her parents died in an accident things became very rough. What once w...
74.8K 1.7K 64
Eva Gilbert has spent her entire life having fun with her best friend and twin sister Elena in Mystic Falls, a small town in Virginia where nothing b...
687K 13.7K 32
Bailey Gilbert was only 4 where her parents died. To make things easier for her to cope she started calling her auntie Jenna, mummy. She try's her ha...
6.9K 145 12
Emma Gilbert, the twin sister of Elena Gilbert. The twins are very different Emma tries to get away from dangerous situations yet trouble and danger...