We Make Waves [Jhene Aiko/You]

By UnAmericanTeen

Long Beach, California. Slauson Hills, California. Beverly Hills. You can take the girl from the hood.. bu... More

Cast
WARNING
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Tsunami

Chapter Three

13.7K 523 742
By UnAmericanTeen

I was so high during Christmas y'all, I tried to get this shit out but my brain was not having it 😂so.. Merry December 26th or whatever lmfaooo

-

"Hikaru!" I yawned and scratched my stomach as I stood up from the couch, walking into my moms room where she was reading a book. "Mow the lawn."

I groaned and ran a hand through my hair. "Can Kai do it? I'm sore as hell from being in the studio all night." She gave me a look as she flipped the page. "He needs more chores anyways."

"I asked you. And plus, he's applying for jobs." I sighed softly before nodding and walking out of her bedroom. "And dump the trash!"

"Yes ma'am." I grumbled as I walked outside of the house in nothing but my sweats and Nike's. As soon as I stepped outside, I spotted Kai leaned against the car with girlfriend and instantly that ticked me off. "I thought you were getting a job, broke boy?" He raised his eyes and waved me off before talking back with Felicia.

Huffing, I grabbed the lawn mower from the shed then pulled it on, starting to cut the slightly overgrown grass.

"You always do this shit, Kaito!" I raised my eyes slightly as they started to argue.. again. "Who's the bitch this time? You fucking her?"

I sighed and slowed down a bit to keep an eye on them, making sure neither of them did something they would regret.

"The only bitch I'm fucking is you-" she quickly slapped the shit out of him and I quickly cut off the lawn mower, shooting forward when Kai grabbed Felicia by her shoulders to push her against the car.

"I already told you about putting your goddam hands on me!" I quickly wrapped my arms around my brother and pulled him back before shoving him back lightly, pointing at the house.  He clenched his fist but spun around and marching up the lawn.

"Get in your car and drive away." I said calmly and she stubbornly crossed her arms. "Felicia.. fucking leave bro. I don't need my neighbors calling the cops and shit again."

"Well then tell your brother I want the watch back." I gave her a hard look and she dropped her arms before nodding and walking around to the driver side. "I'll be back."

"I know." I mumbled to myself before walking to the house, disregarding the lawn mower. "Kai, get your ass out here!" I called out and he slammed his door shut. Rolling my eyes, I walked to his room and pushed the door open to see him trying to climb out of his window. "Kai."

"Nah man, I'm about to go get Shauna on her ass. Slapping me and shit." I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back into the room.

"And what? Get arrested again for trespassing huh?" I smacked his head before pushing him onto the desk chair. "Use your fucking brain, Kaito."

"Ooh full named his ass.. what'd he do?" I looked up as Maru walked in with a smirk, taking the spot on his bed.

"Dumbass is trying to go get Felicia." I shook my head and crossed my arms.

"Oh you trying to go to jail again?" Maru said with a chuckle.

"No.. I just need that bitch to stop messing with me." I rolled my eyes and shook my head as I pulled out my phone when I got a text. "I told her to stop hitting on me or imma hit back one day."

"Or, I have a better idea," Maru said as he used his college voice. "You could leave the skank whore and.. I don't know.. get a real fucking woman, not a prostitute." I covered my mouth as a laugh slipped out.

Kai, being the hot head he is, lunged at Maru but our big brother was just laughing the entire time. "I told you to stop talking about her like that nigga! That's my fucking woman!"

"That ain't no woman, nigga! Yous a simp!"

As they wrestled on the bed, I felt the buzzing in my pocket which indicated I had gotten a text. It was from the big man.

John🍞 : Yo yo yo

Me: Don't.

John🍞: Sorry. Anyways, I got some good news

Me: Okay

John🍞: Berserk is number one on iTunes! And Apple Music, and trending on YouTube

Me: Oh that's lit

John🍞: I expected more excitement because that's big stuff considering it's your first record..

Me: Oh I am excited. I'm just expecting a but so what is it?

John🍞: But?? There is no But! This is musical statistics

Me: tf is statistics

John🍞: Did you graduate high school?

Me: Oh so now you're clowning me nigga So what if I didn't

John🍞: No no no, I am not clowning you buddy. Just know it's good, really good. Everything is going good.. so good that I can get you guys a performing spot on The VMA's. And I can guarantee.. no buts.

I looked up from my phone and whistled loudly which made both of their heads shoot up. I looked down at the phone, then looked up at Maru. "We're performing at the VMA's."

His eyes popped open. "What?!"

-

"Yo I'm so nervous." Maru said as we sat in the seats of the arena that was in Inglewood, the forum. "Remember we came here a year ago to see Nipsey?"

I chuckled and nodded softly. "Yeah.. shit was lit. Especially when he brought out YG." Learning back, I scratched the back of my head as some blonde chick walked off the stage after doing her soundcheck. Think her name was Tyler or something.

"Y'all ready?" I looked over at Sean and nodded, standing up and following him to the stage. "So, this soundcheck is just to make sure everything goes smoothly, you know?" He said and I nodded as we reached the back. Some people walked over and started to explain what in ears were. Because I wasn't wearing headphones on the stage, I had to wear the ear plug shits that felt like my ears were clogged.

"Do y'all have your outfits?" He questioned while we started onto the empty stage. I looked around, my eyebrows raising at how large it really was. It looked even bigger when empty, minus the workers.

"Yeah we do. I'm dapping down in some silk, if ya know what I mean." Maru said and I snorted as him and Sean gave each other a bro hug.

"Whenever you guys are ready, just adjust your mic boxes and stuff." The stage guy said with a thumbs up.

I nodded and went behind my turn tables, pulling open the laptop as I adjusted all the levels before hearing a soft giggle. Looking to my right, I saw Jhené slowly walking over, her eyes on me. "You still stick your tongue out when concentrated huh?"

My furrowed eyebrows relaxed as a smile replaced my lips. "Guess so." I looked up and saw Sean and Maru talking with the stage assistants. "What are you doing here?" I asked and turned to fully face her.

She simply ran her finger over the deck of my tables. "Supporting my boyfriend." I subconsciously rolled my eyes and looked away. "What was that?"

"What was what?" I responded innocently.

She continued to stare at the side of my head, knowing I couldn't avoid eye contact with her for too long. And she was right. I looked at her and she pried at me silently, not needing to mutter a word. "It was nothing, Né." I mumbled and looking down at the computer.

"I saw your video." She said, changing the subject. "Still fighting in front of burger joints?"

"It's not like I seek it out. But if someone steps up, I'm not shying away from a fade." She hummed and shook her head. "What?"

"Nothing just.. seems like that would get a bit tiring." My eyebrows furrowed again as she looked up at me. "The whole fighting daily, repping the set, that shit."

I hummed and nodded before turning around to look away from her. "You more than anyone should know why I live the life I do.." Her soft eyes immediately changed into a look of regret as realization dawned on her. I chuckled bitterly as I spat out, "But, it's been a while since you cared so I could understand why you'd forget, Jhené." I grabbed the in ears I took out and started to put them in.

"Y/n I'm-"

I pressed the space bar on my computer and the music started to play around the arena, my head bobbing as I kept my gaze ahead.

Jhené continued to stare at me for a few moments before finally backing away, then walking back to the side of the stage. I looked after her for a few moments, my head shaking as I turned back ahead. Can't believe she just said that shit to me.

She was the only person, outside of my family, to know the reason why I fell into the life I lived. She knew why I joined the insane crips. She knew everything and, though I knew I would try to hide it, the shit she said just cut me deep down.. fucking feelings man, they suck donkey dick.

After the sound check, everything was set and we were free to do what we wanted until six when we had to get ready for the blue carpet. It wasn't called the blue carpet but.. if you know, you know.

"Ma wants to see us." Maru said, looking at his phone. I simply nodded as we walked out of the arena to where my challenger was parked. Then, before I could open the door, I heard someone call out to me. I looked up and saw a girl walking towards us, her bright smile nearly blinding.

I shamelessly looked her up and down as she was clad in black striped adidas joggers and a white crop top. "Hey." She said once she reached me. "You're Y/n right?"

"Who's asking?" I played out and she chuckled softly.

"I'm Normani." She added, her hands interlocking in front of her. "I heard you guys sound checking and I wanted to know if you produced it."

"I did, along with majority of our songs. He's the wordsmith." I said, motioning to Maru who was nonchalantly leaned against my car on his phone.

"I really like the vibe and I wanted to know if you could help produce this track I'm working on." I crossed my arms and it didn't go unnoticed when her eyes dropped down, trailing my tattoos.

"Yeah I'm down. I practically sleep in the studio now." I said with a small smirk.

"Ayo," I raised my eyes over her shoulder and saw Sean walking out with Jhené. "Meet me in the room before carpet." I nodded, my eyes drifting to Jhené who was already looking at me.

Her insinuations were still in my head so I looked away and pulled my phone out, making my intentions known as I gave it to Normani. "Just give me your number and I'll hit you up."

I knew Jhené was burning the side of my head with her eyes and if they had lasers, I'd be dead right now. But I wasn't going to let myself feel like shit because of some words. That wasn't me, nor would it ever be me.

So, I got Normani's number with obvious anterior motives. One was to make money, the second I'm sure you could figure out.

"You're a mess foo." Maru said with a chuckle once Normani had left, us both sliding into the car. "A pop star?"

"Hey.. pop star, movie star, Patrick star, I love em all." I responded with a wink.

"Weirdo." He laughed out in response.

-

"What channel is it on again?" Mom asked as I threw on a new outfit to wear to the arena. It wasn't anything special but I also wasn't about to be bummin it up in front of all those people.

"It's uh.. one sixty one." Maru answered. "Just remember MTV."

Just as I put on the new watch I had bought with our advance, my phone rang and I huffed. I left it all the way in the bedroom.

"Kai!" I called out. He poked his head out of his bedroom with a nod. "Grab my phone." He gave me a face and went back into his room. "I'll let you come to the award show-" Before I could finish, he shot out of his room and rushed into mine.

"Here!" He said, handing me my phone, car keys, and a Reece's. "I got a little extra."

I simply shook my head as I pressed answer. "Well hurry up and go get dressed. I have an extra outfit at the dressing room that I decided against. Hello?" I said once I picked up the phone.

"An inmate from the New York penitentiary is attempting to contact you. Do you accept the charges?"

My relaxed feeling immediately went on high alert as I stiffened. "Y-yes I accept the charges." I mumbled. That quickly gathered my mom and brothers attention since they knew what those five words meant. After a few seconds, the silent line picked up slight static and background chatter.

"When were you gonna to tell me that you got a new number?" My eyes raised and I saw Kai slowly backing out of the room. That little motherfucker- "I asked you a question, Y/n."

"Sorry pops I just.. it slipped my mind." I huffed softly and started outside, ignoring my moms curious eyes. "What's up?"

"Just wanna know how my kid is, that's all. It's been, what, six months now since we talked?" I hummed out and he smacked his lips. "You don't love your dad anymore or something?"

"Never said that, I've just been busy." He hummed sarcastically and I chuckled. "Stop sweating me man. I got an award show to get ready for."

"Ohh so your music shit works out and I don't matter huh? Well fuck your ass too."

And just like that, we fell back into our usual routine. I'd ignore him for a few weeks or months but inevitably we'd be okay again.

I had my reasons for ignoring my own father.. many of those reasons were because of where he resided as of now. But I also knew that without him.. I'd probably already be dead.

"So it's called MTV?" He questioned as I walked back into the house after a good twenty minutes of us conversing.

"Yeah, just remember it's the VMA's." As I walked in, Maru started walking out and he nodded me that we had to go. "Aight pops.. I gotta bounce."

"Okay stay out of trouble, yeah? People out here telling me 'Flick daughter is one crazy mofo' you better not be stacking bodies... don't get here like me."

"I'm not stacking bodies but I'll do what I gotta to survive." His silent hum of approval was something I was use to so it didn't phase me as I slid on the blue converse. "But I promise I'll come visit, you 'specially now."

"I'm holding your ass to that." He said with a chuckle. "I'll watch you tonight though and call me more man.. I miss you."

I smiled softly as I walked out to the car. "I miss you too, dad. I'll catch you later."

Hanging up, I looked at Kai and punched him in his chest. "That's for giving him my new number bitch ass." He winced, rubbing the area as I slid into the passenger side while Maru took the wheel.

"It was an accident.. he tricked me." I gave him a look before buckling up and looking out of the window. "Can I get at bitches at the award show?"

"So Felicia can smack your ass again?" I joked and Maru laughed loudly as he pulled out of the driveway.

Kai smacked his lips. "Fuck both of y'all man."

-

"You think jacket zipper up or down?" Maru asked as he looked in the mirror of the dressing room.

I gave him outfit a look. "White shirt under?" He nodded. "Zipped up but for the performance, down."

"Good idea." He mumbled and zipped it up. "Imma go get a drink cause I'm nervous as fuck. Be right back."

I nodded and with him gone to get a drink, Kai somewhere trying to get a girl, I started to get myself ready. I was a bit weary with it at first because of the amount of red flags on my outfit but, If I'm being honest, some of my best homies were bloods so I didn't care about the outfit after that thought.

After buttoning you the shirt, I looked in the mirror and huffed when I realized I missed a button.. like always.

"Some things didn't change." I whipped my head behind me on guard as I reached for my waistband. "Woah killa.. it's just me." Jhené said with her hands playfully held up.

"You know you can't sneak up on me like that." I said with a huff as I turned back to the mirror.

"I know, I forgot." I watched her from the reflection as she slid up behind me, then in front as she started to undo my shirt buttons. "This outfit... can take the nigga out the hood.."

"Can't take hood out a nigga though." I retorted with a grin, it widening as she giggled while taking the piece from my waist band and sliding it into my backpack.

"Listen," Her giggles subsided as she returned to the buttons on my shirt. "I'm sorry about what I said earlier.. not sure why that came out since I don't feel that way. I know how everything went down and.. I respect you more than you know." I hummed softly. "I mean it."

"Then why'd you say it?" I asked. She finished unbuttoning my shirt but kept the fabric in her grasp, her eyes dropping.

"I don't know I guess I just.. I went back to when we were eighteen." My eyebrows furrowed. "Remembering you coming to my house all beaten up, running from some niggas in the C." Now my eyes dropped. "But, like I said, I know you didn't do it for the fun.. you were on a mission and I understand."

"Yeah.." I simply muttered before raising my eyes back up.

"Also," she slapped my shoulder. "Don't say I don't care, nigga 'cause I always do." I gave her a look and she returned it. "I dare your ass to deny it."

"Whatever, just button the damn shirt." She pulled her head back as her face frowned up, looking at me like I was a damn fool. "Please."

"That's better." She mumbled with a smirk and looked down to button up the shirt but instead of closing it, she opened it. "Wow.. I remember you wouldn't even let me see your scar." I looked down and noticed she was talking about the knife cut I got when I was sixteen which I covered up with a tattoo at nineteen. She held up her thumb and slowly traced the wave tattoo which caused goosebumps to rake up on my skin. The scar being a few inches under my belly button had my mind going places because of her finger placement.

I took in a slow breath, attempting to keep it in my pants but I mean.. it was Jhené. Not to mention it was hard not to think about it when I've been with her.. in that way. Man those were the days. Even at eighteen she knew what she was doing, much more than girls I'm with even now. Shit.. they had nothing on her and they were at least twenty one.

"What're you thinking 'bout?" She asked, breaking me out of my trance. I snapped my head up and noticed she was buttoning my shirt up again with curious eyes.

"Fucking you." I responded bluntly and she suddenly laughed out loud, turning away as she picked up a water and took a sip like that was something normal to say to someone after nine years

Just then, the door opened and Sean walked in with Maru and Kai. "Man there are so many hot asses here." Kai groaned. "Can't believe I turned down that chick bro.. because of Felicia."

I sat down on the couch as I pulled on some black vans with the white stripe on the side. Looking up, I saw Sean sit in a chair across from me and reach for Jhené. She sat down in his lap, curling up to him instantly and I found myself frowning. As he kissed the back of her neck, she looked at me and I knew she saw what I was feeling. If she didn't, she wouldn't have looked away so fast.

Shaking my head, I stood up after I was done and stretched my back. "We ready?" I asked while unbuttoning the top three buttons of my shirt.

"Yeah, lets go." Maru confirmed and I walked out with my brothers, leaving the couple to follow us. "What happened?" Maru asked with a knowing look. "I saw your face."

I simply clicked my tongue and shrugged. "Nothing worth discussing.. trust me." He frowned but I waved it off and walked past him. "Don't worry about it... let's just get this shit done, that's what's important."

Though he didn't look convinced, he nodded anyways. Thankfully.

-

The red carpet was boring as fuck. We took pictures in front of the backdrop thing, did one interview where the girl literally asked the same question in like three different ways. Who are you looking forward to seeing, who are you most excited to meet, do you have any favorite celebrities here. Like, bitch.. I probably looked bored as hell in the interview and I did not care. Shit was wack.

Anyways, we were in the arena and about thirty minutes into the show which was starting to bore me. Tyler Swift performed and I nearly puked.. some other little white boys sung something with wack auto tune. This was turning out to be some shit I'd rather miss.

That was until miss Normani came onto the stage. I watched, a cup of henny to my lips as she sat on top of a basketball hoop.

People around us instantly stood up and started to cheer, letting me know she was a fan favorite. Which I could see why.

"I'ma break you off, let me be your motivation
To stay and give it tonight."

Oh okay.

I nodded my head along to the song as she danced her ass off, giving everyone a proper show unlike that giraffe who opened. Couldn't even get her name right.

Then, this bitch did a whole ass backbend into a split. "Holy shit." I mumbled, the arena going up in cheers at the singers moves and I couldn't blame them.

"Y/n." I looked over and saw Sean waving at me. "Time to head to the back." I nodded and stood up with Maru, gulping my drink down because I knew I could handle my henny, then I walked with them to the back. "Show time babyyy, y'all ready?"

"Mhm." I mumbled and slid my hands into my pockets as we followed after some assistant who led us to the back. "Do y'all need to warm up your voices or anything? Drink some tea?" I teased, Maru pushing my shoulder with an eye roll. "You gotta be at tip top shape boys."

"And you need to make sure your fingers are at tip top shape." Sean retorted.

I simply smirked and stood still when the soundcheck people started to hook up my in ears. "Oh Sean, my fingers are always grade A..." Just ask you girlfriend. I bit my tongue on that last part and grabbed the mic, speaking into it before giving the guy a thumbs up to let him know my ear shits were good.

After everyone was ready, something about there being a commercial was called and I saw miss Normani walked off the stage and in my direction. Ehem, show time.

Once we made eye contact, she smiled and showed her intent to approach me. "I just have a question..." I said with a half smirk. "Can you teach me how to do those splits like that?"

She laughed softly as she used a hand towel to wipe her sweat. "Won't that hurt downtown?"

"I'm willing to go through whatever pain to be as good of a dance as you, Normani." Another laugh, bingo.

"Well.. maybe I can show you a little something at the studio after we work." She said before looking up when we were motioned to head on stage. "Good luck, Y/n."

I grinned smugly with a nod as I backpedaled to the stage. "Thank you, Normani."

Once I headed onto the stage, I climbed up the platform that led to my set up. I knew I wasn't the main part of the performance and I didn't mind that. There were times when I liked being the center of attention and time where I didn't. That's why I never labeled myself in Nami. I could make the beats, I could rap, I'd even sing if I wanted. It was all up to me and I could choose what I felt like doing. Right now, I just wanted to enjoy myself being the turn tables.

And I did.

-

"You guys did great."

"Song was lit."

"Nami is next!"

That's what I heard back to back once we got to the after party. It was funny how we were nobodies, now suddenly everyone knew our name. Now this was the attention I could get with.

"I've been able to get drinks with no fucking problem." Kai breathed out as he tossed back another shot. "This shit is lit bro.. please keep being famous." He said then draped his arm over my shoulder. "Especially you.. keep making those beats nigga."

"I will, Kai." I responded with a chuckle. I saw Sean walk up with a a smile and he nodded at me. "Sup Anderson."

"Wassup Johnson." He said and gave me a bro hug. "I already ran into Maru and let him know.. but I had to find you and tell you what's up." I nodded silently. "I'm going on tour in two months and I want y'all niggas with me. I know y'all are working on a tape so.. if you think it'll be ready by then, let's talk business."

My eyebrows shot up and I let out a chuckle. "Bruh hell yeah we can be done by then. We already have hella songs in the drafts.. it'll be lit."

"You already know. Don Life twenty twenty." He looked over his shoulder before clapping my back. "We'll talk though, I gotta take a piss."

I chuckled, nodding him away before turning to the bar. "Can I get straight Hennessy, light ice." I said to the bartender and he nodded before scooping some ice into a glass, pouring the liquor over the ice. "Who are you texting?"

"Felicia." He huffed. "She wants me to come over because her stomach hurts or something.. I think I'm gonna call an Uber." I cooed and pinched his cheek. "Stop it."

"Little broder is getting soooft." I sung while messing with his dreads until he shoved me off of him and started walking towards the entrance. "Tell the wifey I said hi!" I yelled, a middle finger flipped at me in return.

With a chuckle, I picked up my cup and took a sip, wondering around the venue-slash-club type place as some song blasted over the speakers.

As I took another gulp of the Hennessy, I looking in the direction of the dancing crowd and spotted a certain Slauson Hills beauty. She was pressed against Sean, grinding against one another to Hot Girl Summer.

I huffed softly, my emotions out of wack as she laughed at something he whispered into her ear. Then, before I could see more, a face slid in front of me and a light skinned girl started rapping out of nowhere.

"Handle me? Who gon' handle me? Thinkin' he a player, he a member on the team."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but she simply grabbed my drink, finishing it for me before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the crowd. Before I could react, she pushed her ass up against me and started to twerk and Jesus Christ it was a lot.

"Do I know you?" I asked over the music.

She pushed back more, looking over her shoulder briefly to respond. "You do now." I shrugged before gripped her hips, saying why the fuck not, and grinding back. She had a lot in the back but I wasn't shy to a big butt. Long Beach was full of em, I could handle some Hollywood ass.

"Okay big daddy!" She yelled out as she dropped her hands onto her knees, bounding with the beat. I playfully put my hands behind my head and shook my hips side to side with her, making a laugh leave her lips.

I didn't realize we had gained an audience until I started to hear everybody say that generic 'aye aye' shit with the beat, the circle widening around us.

"Go Doja! Go Doja!" Some girls, who I assumed were her friends, started to chant as she went lower. Thank you dad for those intensive Judo lessons.

I lowered with her, holding the left side of her waist with my right hand while my left planted into the ground as I thrusted up to meet her ass... which wasn't far.

Once the song started to transition, we both raised up and she turned around, throwing her arms over my neck as we swayed. Everyone cheered around us as I hugged back with a laugh. "Oh my god, you're coming home with me." She said into to my ear.

I pulled back and gave her a look before leaning forward to whisper into hers. "Can I get your name first?"

"Just call me Doja." She said with a wink before grabbing my hand and pulling me with her. "I don't really give a fuck what your name is. I felt your dick and that's all the info I need."

I simply chuckled and followed after her. But before we made it through the crowd, I caught Jhené staring. She looked Doja up and down, then looked at me with an unreadable gaze.

It was my turn to look away.

__

it's cominggggggg

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.1K 1.2K 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ October 27, 2020 Ended ~ January 30, 2021 ~ Started editing ~ March 11, 2021 End Editing ~ April 27, 2021 ****...
100K 3.5K 33
All her life Andre has been by Alexa's side and she's been by his. After the death of there mother there father turned to drugs to cope, in turn they...
2.3M 46.7K 52
I sit down on my bike looking around the school parking lot. Listening to music, I stand up begin to walk through the student-less parking lot. Hones...
519K 19.2K 70
To the public eye Larenzo and Dekia are just your typical show brother and angel sister but behind closed doors they're actually lovers . Larenzo's...