Before We Burned - Book One|...

Bởi authorhanawalker

❬ Book One Of The Untold Truths Series. ❭ {18+} ❴ REWRITING❵ Utterly selfless, kind-hearted, and bold. Hazel... Xem Thêm

Copyright grounds © ✧
Awards And Achievements ✨
Character Aesthetics🌠
Music Playlist 🎶💕
IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

CHAPTER FOUR

30.1K 887 480
Bởi authorhanawalker

She straddled my lap, gliding her hand over my chest as she darted her tongue out to lick my jawline. Her lace-covered ass ground against my crotch in a rather slow motion as she let her teeth graze the crook of my neck. Her breasts dangled on my chest, allowing me to feel her hard nipples as she started sucking on the flesh before descending her hand from my chest to the bulge in my pants and clutching it with full force.

I groaned. The dark thoughts were haunting me again and I wasn't really in the mood for foreplay. I let my animalistic desire take control and rolled her over, permitting my body to hover on hers. She grinned and then bit down on her tongue. Her hands reached out for my pants, unzipping them in one swift motion and pulling them down. I could see fire in her irises when she eyed me up and down — utterly shallow, a pure manifestation of lust. Just like the one in mine.

"You smell so good," she said, trailing her fake index nail on my abdomen, tampering with the fabric of my briefs, and clearly attempting to build up the tension. I saved her the trouble and slid them down. "What's all the rush for? Let me please you, first."

I pinned her hands over her head. "Unless you want me to stop, I suggest you don't talk, Mel."

"You know I don't want you to stop but let me at least give you a—"

I felt a muscle clench in my jaw. "Then that's good." I fetched the damned condom from my wallet and put it on. She then trailed her fingers over her clit, rubbing off the wetness. Her other hand reached for my arm to pull me towards her body as she diverted her gaze to my dick, pulling her bottom lip in between her teeth. She ushered for me to go in and I halted. "Last chance, if we're gonna do this, I require no talking. Do you want me to stop?"

Her gaze didn't even falter as she shook her head. I took that for an answer and slammed into her. She arched her back, a whimper escaping her mouth as I pulled out all the way back and thrust into her again. The soul-crushing thoughts started to fade away into omission as my physical needs overpowered the mental crucifixion. She moaned out loud. "Faster."

I started moving my hips according to a rapid pace, granting her wish as she screamed my name. Instantly, I got reminded of Hazel. For some odd fucking reason, her face flashed before my eyes and all I could see was hazel irises and pink lips. Chocolate-brown hair cascading down her shoulders and making her rule the title of the most gorgeous brunette standing out. In contradiction to her perfect, cocktease of a figure that would bring any man to his knees, she had such a doll face — quite innocent features with a pinch of sin and redemption.

For a split second, I wished she was the one I buried myself into.

Fuck.

I closed my eyes and snapped back to reality. Melissa had already come undone, her legs shaking beneath me as I felt a twinge shooting through my muscles, my breath slowly getting ragged as I moved in and out of her slit — completely emotionless. The seconds of lustful pleasure didn't last long as I sought release and allowed my body to absorb the aftershocks of the orgasm it needed. My muscles began to relax, causing me to let out a barely-audible sigh and hop off her. I pulled up my boxers, followed suit by my pants as Melissa rolled over, her voice still quite raspy. "That was so fucking good. You're only getting better, Ethan."

I roughly buckled the belt and reached out for my phone to slide it into the pocket. Those compliments didn't faze me anymore, sex was just another human need and a good distraction. "Good to know."

"Are you leaving already?"

My phone rang and I didn't need to catch a glimpse of the caller's ID to know who. This needed to be taken outside. I reached out for the jacket. "Yeah. I'll see you later, Mel."

"Okay, see you. I'll call you, alright?"

Frustrated, I shot her a nod and made my way outside.

"Yeah, Caleb. What do you have for me?"

"You gotta at least work on your phone greetings, fucker." I sighed, I was so not tolerant of his sarcastic remarks right about now.  

"Noted. Now, spill."

"Sorry, man. I still can't crack the fake IDs. Whoever your father is sending the money to, they obviously know what they are doing."

I rubbed my nape, trying to ease out the tension straining my muscles. "What about the location?

"Can't possibly track it. It keeps changing every four seconds."

I had been running inside the same maze with my hacker of a childhood best friend for a few months now. Keeping tabs on my father's transactions with offshore accounts didn't get us anywhere. I figured it was about time we tried something new. Although it was excruciating to think of.

I pressed my thumb over my jawline. "Tell you what, can you navigate through the confidential police files and dig up the information in her death report? Anything related to the case might be of use."

"Yeah, sure. I think I can do that but you have to give me a few days. That will take some time."

"Just try to make it as fast as possible, Cal. I'm counting on you."

"I got you, brother. Don't worry. I'll give you a call later."

"Thanks, man. Will be waiting."

It wasn't that much of a great part-time job but I was still kind of nervous to get interviewed by the manager. If everything went according to the plan, I was hoping to work in the book business after graduation, that was the main reason I applied for a bookstore clerk post. At least, it would help me fend for myself instead of relying on mum all the time.

As soon as I reached the entrance, a quote engraved into the glass door was the first thing to catch my attention— There's so much more to a book than reading.

I knocked softly and then entered. The décor had a slightly vintage feel, and two of the four walls were actually ceiling-to-floor windows that let in plenty of light from outside. Beautiful.

"Hello, how can I help you?" An auburn-haired woman in her thirties looked at me through her chic glasses.

"Hi. My name is Hazel Brooks and I'm here for a job interview."

"Oh, Hazel Brooks. Your name was amongst the candidates." She ushered me to take a seat. "Would you mind waiting for a few minutes? I'll just inform Mr. Miles and be right back."

"Certainly not." I flashed her a smile and took a seat near the office.

● ● ●

Reem and I were supposed to have lunch at Tim Hortons but turned out her professor added some supplementary biochemistry class that she couldn't miss. I picked some takeouts on my way to the dorm and waited for her to come.

I took a quick shower and changed into comfy outfits. The door flung open. "Hey, roomie."

"Hey, Reemie," I laughed, now that rhymed. "How was your day?"

She groaned. "It was good, though my professor was a pain in the ass."

"Why?"

She sighed. "For some stupid reason, he tends to waste way too much time explaining the basics that— literally everyone knows instead of outlining the difficult parts."

"That sucks."

"I know, especially that this class is truly important. Well, at least for me."

Oh, yeah. Reem had always wanted to be a clinical biochemist. Who said again that blondies were dumb?

"It will be fine, bestie." I stroked her arm. "I got you food."

"God, I was starving. Je t'aime(I love you)." She then rushed to stuff her mouth. I laughed. "The Italian restaurant you like was closed earlier so I went for the next best thing, Chinese."

She took a bite of the dumpling, savoring the taste in her mouth. "This tastes amazing. How was your interview though?"

I shrugged. "It was okay. They were looking for freshmen who majored in English although they got quite a few applications from the seniors but they are busy with their thesis, so. If they don't like my performance, I'll be replaced."

"Of course they will. Isn't it about organizing stuff and keeping track of everything?"

"Yeah, basically. Elizabeth gave me a heads-up earlier, it's not that hard to memorize but the process is kind of tiring."

"Don't worry, you'll nail it, that's what you do best." She laughed and I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

I munched on the seasoned meat and vegetable stuffing, absolutely mind-blown.

"Oh, fuck. I just remembered, Vince and I are supposed to go out in a few minutes. He's coming to pick me up." She then twirled to face me. "Wanna join us, bestie?"

"No, thanks. I don't like third-wheeling."

She laughed. "Oh, come on. We'll have fun."

"I really have some assignments to do, promise I'll make it up to you later."

She pouted her lips. "Okay."

"Which reminds me, why aren't you guys living together? I mean, you've been together for a year now right?"

"His parents depend on him a lot and I don't really make money so I can't let him cover all the expenses, you know." Softly, she shrugged. "But if things go well, we will be moving together after graduation."

"I see and that's great, actually. He's a business student, right?"

"Yeah, he's good with numbers and all, Ethan too. They used to help me with Maths," she laughed.

"They seem to be great friends." Sometimes having the same interest in stuff did make people grow closer. But it wasn't my case with Reem, we were different, and maybe that why our bond was special.

"Yeah, Vincent told me they met each other just a few days after Ethan and his family moved to Canada. They instantly hit it off."

"It must be hard to leave the place you lived in your whole life." Not to sound too nosy but for some reason, I wondered what made them come here.

"Yeah, I guess but Ethan never really talked about it." She then sighed. "Maybe everything happens for a reason."

☆ ☆ ☆

Don't forget to vote and comment if you like the story. ❣

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

189K 4.8K 27
~THIS BOOK IS UNDER RECONSTRUCTION~ " Tori" his voice was low, so very low. "Y-yeah?" "Would you hate me?" "For what?" "For doing this." And with th...
698K 24K 38
Cami Wimberley has a plan, and that plan includes no room for boys—especially the big time party animal, Hunter Wilder, no matter how handsome and ch...
5.1K 555 44
........... I'm a goner. I'm dead. I don't feel the pain anymore, I don't feel the anger burning through me always anymore. Somehow it all melts in...
34K 1.5K 44
*Book One* Every bad boy wants a good girl that can be bad only for him... And every good girl wants a bad boy who will be good only for her. Kather...