The Flame (Avengers Fanfictio...

By AvengersPey

ORIGINALLY KNOWN AS HAWKEYE'S GIRL. Growing up in the limelight as Tony Stark's adopted little sister wasn't... More

News
1-The Start
2-The Captain
3-Backstory
4- The Start
5- Lies
6-Going to Hell
7-The Mistake
8-Life and Death
9-Rain Keeps Falling
10- High Slits and Blushes
11-He Hit Me (It Didn't Feel Like a Kiss)
12-Kill Bill Vol. One
13-Rhiannon
14-Bad Moon Rising
15-Ring of Fire
16-God Bless the Child
17-Walk On The Wild Side
18- Jackson
19- So This is Love
20- The Sound of Silence
21- Rose Hill, TN
22-Seven Wonders
23- Emmeline and the Devil
24-Hey God? It's Me
25-Runaway
Part 2: 26-Dancing With the Devil
27-Doves In The Wind
28-I Had Strings
29-Together
30-Huge Mistakes
31-The Other Woman
32-A Depressed State of Mind
33-Final Battle
34-The Aftermath
35-Is This What You Wanted
36-Runaway
37-No Good Deed (Goes Unpunished)
38-Lowlife
39-God Knows I Tried
39.5-Mine//Jolene
Part 3: 40-Civil War
41-Sokovia Accords
42-A Huge Mess
43-Family Feud
44-On The Run
45-All Night
46-Haunted
BTW
47-Loyalty
Part 4: 48-Infinity War
49-Wakanda Forever
50-Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust
51-hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have
52-breathin
53-Dream a Little Dream of Me
54-Heart of Glass
55-Cherry Bomb
56-You Are My Sunshine
57-You'll Be In My Heart
Prequel is up!
58-i love you
59-Lucky Ones
Part 5: 60-Endgame
61-Can You Feel the Love Tonight?
62-Blue
63-Landslide
64-Time in a Bottle
65-Tainted Love
66-Don't Stop Me Now
67-Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
68-Silhouettes
69-Stuck in the Middle With You
70-Its Quiet Uptown
71-Hurt
72-Lay Me Down
73-Stayin Alive
74-Dear Theodosia
Part 6: 75-Arsonist's Lullabye
76-Timshel
77-A BOY IS A GUN*
78-Love song
79-From the Grave
80-How to disappear
81-Wolves
82-everything I wanted
84-Power is Power
85-Bonfire
86-She
87-To Be So Lonely
Please Read!!
88-In a Week
Bonus: Cheating
Bonus: Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
Bonus: Alternate Situations
The Playlist

83-Heartless

1.2K 37 26
By AvengersPey

I make the annual journey to the cemetery alone. It's the first time in years that I've gone alone to visit Mom and Dad. I grip the umbrella I'm holding over my head in one hand while clutching three bouquets of roses in the other. My heels sink slightly into the muddy grass as I make my way through the graves. It doesn't help that later tonight, I'm supposed to don something skimpy in order to prepare myself for my upcoming fight against Lilith. I hate how these two parts of my life are mixing. You don't have any other choice.

Even with our abilities, it's too cold to bring Benny and it's way way too cold to bring Neddy. Hell, even though I am keeping my body temperature way above normal, I still find it chilly. My mother's pearls around my neck are freezing and it's sending shivers down my spine. I think it's worth it when I stand in front of the two similar graves. Mom and Dad were buried on top of each other and Tony was to be forever by their side.

"Hey guys. It's me." I announce softly, using my powers to dry the grass and mud on the ground so I can sit in between them. I place two bouquets on Mom and Dad, one on Tony's. I don't get a response, of course.

"Sorry I didn't bring Benny or Neddy. I don't want them to get sick, I hope you guys understand." I clarify, fiddling with the flowers. Both my parents and my brother are silent. I sit back on my heels, bare legs against the cold ground. Tears are brimming my eyes as emotion fills me throat.

"God, I miss you guys. It's hard doing all of this by myself. And I know-I know that I'm not alone, but I feel like I am. I don't have my family anymore." I confess, hands fiddling with my dress, "Yeah I have my boys and I have Pepper and Morgan, but I don't have you guys and I know, I know that I didn't have Mom and Dad for as long as you did Tony, but God, I miss them so much. Without you two, I wouldn't have any of this and I'm so-so grateful for that. I hope you know that."

Tears roll down my cheeks and I just let them flow down, taking makeup with it.

"I miss you so much, Tony. I really do. I don't understand how I managed to be away from you for three years because it's so hard. I-I just need you. No one gets me as well as you did. You were-You were the best brother I could have ever asked for. I should have been more open you, I know that now. I wish I could go back and redo everything. I wish I could go and tell you every little thing that happened I just-I just want you back." I tell him, my voice thick with emotion. Sam, Bucky, and Wanda all thought I was out looking for a dress. I didn't want to bring down their happy moods by telling them what I was actually doing. I had spent most of last night going over the ritual I supposed to do later tonight. I was exhausted.

"I'm taking care of them, I'm doing my best. Trying to take care of myself. I just want everything to be okay. Just want to make you guys proud." I look at my family in front of me, my Stark family, "Just want to make you guys proud...Tonight, I'm supposed to act like I used to and I just want you guys to know that if I had any other option, I wouldn't do this. However, I need to make sure everyone and everything is okay, I hope you guys understand. Please, please, forgive me."

You're going to be right next to them.

-

"Wanda! You were supposed to come here with her!" Sam scolds as both he and Bucky look at her angrily. The woman just rolls her eyes. Wanda's dressed in a tight burgundy dress, her long hair loose. She looks ready to party. Bucky doesn't think he's ever seen Wanda wearing such an outfit. This new century was so much different. Hell, he was shocked to see how much the outfits that he and Sam had gotten for tonight. Clothes shouldn't be this expensive.

"She told me to go on ahead. She wanted to make an entrance." Wanda told them both and before Bucky could fit in a retort, the thundering booms of Beyoncé's "Six Inch Heels" caught their attention just as the door to the club opened. A very tall blonde woman strode in like she owned the place, the lights in the club shifting colors. It was like everything was in slow motion as she walked in, hair bouncing. The red silk dress was tight as hell. One side was cut a little higher, showing off even more of her long legs. The dress was cut low, her breasts pushed up by the way the dress was structured. Red lights flashed over her, making her look so much more devilish. Has she always been that tall? Does she always look that good?

"Six inch heels, she walked in the club like nobody's business
Goddamn, she murdered everybody and I was her witness"

"Jesus fucking Christ." Bucky breathes out, eyes wide. Sam choked on his drink and Wanda just grinned. Peyton smirked her bright red lips, tossing her carefully curled blonde hair over her shoulder. She walks over to them, swaying her hips. Most of the people around watched her, eyes on heiress and the way she moved. Peyton stops in front of her small group of friends, the smirk not disappearing from her face. Bucky barely noticed that there was rows of shining diamonds around her neck. Holy shit.

"What? Too much?" She questions, humor flowing through her words. Wanda just smiles in response. Bucky's mouth had gone dry and his heart was beating fast in his chest.

"You look great, Pey." The youngest of the four responds and Peyton smiles. God, Bucky was distracted by everything going on in front of him.

"Thanks, Wanda. Now, let me show you how fun I used to be before I got married." Pey says happily, getting ahold of Wanda's hand. The blonde dragged the younger woman to the dance floor, just as a louder, more upbeat song started to play.

"Stark got your tongue?" Sam asks, grinning as he takes a sip of his beer. Bucky clears his throat, shifting on his feet. Was is that obvious?

"Shut up, bird brain." Bucky grumbles back, his eyes somehow landing on the two girls dancing. Jesus, that dancing was really different from what they did in the Forties. Bucky gulped down his whiskey.

"Oh, you are so fucking screwed, Barnes."

-

I walked back to the VIP area with a very tipsy Wanda. I wasn't having issues finding people that want to be apart of a one night stand, but I just wasn't feeling any of them. The guys were too young, reeking of overpowering cologne and they kept blowing candy flavored vapes in my face. The women who were coming after me screamed "influencer wanting some clout". And now, I didn't come up with that one. Peter had told me about that one. They all looked the same, wearing Fashion Nova clothing and reapplying their Glossier glosses over their lips.

I should mention that I was having fun. I loved being the center of attention, loved all of the attention I was getting from everyone. Loved the dancing, the moving as I danced in ways I haven't since giving birth to Benny. I deserve all of this fun. It's about damn time I had fun.

"Peyton, do you think I can get another tequila sunrise?" Wanda asks, a fit of giggles following the question. I chuckle, started to walk towards the table that Sam and Bucky were sitting at. I am stopped by a man suddenly slapping my ass and grabbing it. Sam and Bucky are standing immediately, coming over as I twirl on my heel.   The boys and Wanda are unable to stop my from punching him hard, his cheekbone breaking under my hand. He stumbles and falls to the ground, clutching his face.

"Fucking bitch!" The man yells at me as the bouncers rush into area. I turn my attention onto them.

"You're going to have a lawsuit on your hands if you don't get him out of here. Now." I snap and the bouncers quickly grab the guy and drag him away. I look up and see Bucky staring at me. Wanda loops her arm into mine, pulling me to the the table. She sits down next to me, Bucky sitting on my other side with Sam sitting beside him.

"Any luck?" Sam asks as he slides a cup full of pineapple juice over to me. I take a sip of it before looking at the two men. God, they didn't look too bad tonight.

"I think my standards have gotten too high. I don't think it's going to work out." I respond, telling them over the loud music. Sam sighs and Bucky leans back in his seat.

"Shit." Sam mutters and I nod. I plaster a smile on my face and finish off my juice like it was a shot before I turn my attention to Bucky Barnes.

"Even though tonight was a bust, you're still dancing with me. I want you to have some fun for once in your life." I tell him and Bucky's eyes widen. I smirk at him and grab ahold of his vibranium hand as Wanda gets out of the booth. I slide out, pulling Bucky with me. I'm still holding onto his hand as I pull him towards the dance floor. The Weeknd is  getting blasted over the speakers as I pull the super soldier close. And I'm back to my ways 'cause I'm heartless.

"What am I supposed to do?" Bucky loudly whispers in my ear as I turn around, my back to his front. I rest my head against his shoulder, placing his hands on my hips

-

"Just follow my lead." She murmured to Bucky, her hands resting on top of his. His heart was beating hard and fast in his chest. It was almost thundering in his chest. Could she hear it? He bet he could. Some song that Bucky didn't know was booming out of the speakers as Peyton moved against him. Oh God, so much different from the forties. Peyton giggles, still moving and grinding against him. Sam and Wanda are watching all of this from the sidelines, eyes wide.

"She's going to kill that man." Wanda tells Bucky, stirring her drink with a skinny red straw. Sam nods, taking another sip of his beer.

"Not unless she does that turning thing-Oh God." Sam can barely finish his sentence as Pey does said move. She spins around on her heel, wrapping her arm around Bucky's neck. The blonde leans forward whispering something in Bucky's ear.

"I'm not making you uncomfortable, am I?" She asks him, all pressed up against him. Those big green eyes were looking straight at him. Bucky swallowed hard and shook his head. She grinned at him. The superhero always looks beautiful, but damn the way she looked when she punched that guy? God. The super soldier doesn't know where he gets the confidence from because it's not from the whiskey he was drinking. You have so much to lose, you understand that?

"Why not me?" He asks over all of the music, making Peyton's dancing stop and her eyes widening.

"What?" She questions, loosening her grip on him. Bucky nods, realizing he's already in too deep.

"You need someone and you said your standards are too high. Pick me." Bucky explains and the blonde looks at him, studying his face to see if he's actually serious.

-

"Alright." I respond, my mind not fully processing what I am saying. However I grab his hand I pull him through the club, towards the front door. I'm sure Wanda and Sam will understand what's going on. The valet rushes off to go get my car. I'm still holding onto Bucky's hand by the time the valet pulls around the bright red Lamborghini Aventador SVJ Roadster. I drop Bucky's hand as we step further outside, cameras flashing. I walk around the car and slide inside of the car, letting the valet shut the door for me. Bucky quickly climbs in and I rev the engine, letting it purr so the paparazzi that are currently crowding around my car know to get out of my way.

"I don't think I've seen this car before." Bucky announces and I chuckle.

"Bought her a few weeks after I found out Steve was cheating on me. Isn't she beautiful?" I say with a smile. Bucky chuckles and I glance at him for a moment, letting him put on his seatbelt. I barely give a moment to get settled before I peel away from the curb, the engine purring beautifully as we zoom to our destination. Bucky's holding on for dear life. We pull up to the hotel in minutes and I break hard, immediately getting out and tossing the keys to the valet waiting outside. Bucky's following me, hot on my heels. We make our way over to the elevator and I pull the hotel room key out of bra. I hit the button for the penthouse.  We are silent as elevator carries up further and further. We are still quiet as we walk towards the room.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask him softly, looking up at Bucky as we walk into the hotel room. He chuckles, a big smile on his face.

"It sounds like you're not sure about this. We don't have to do this, Pey. I'm sure you can find someone else." Bucky responds and I shake my head, shutting the door. I lock it as Bucky looks around the hotel room. I had came here earlier in the day, meticulously setting up all of the candles that now surrounded bed. The room had an amazing view of New York City, the city I loved on full display through the floor to ceiling windows.

"I don't think I can-I used to do it all the time-I guess that just isn't me anymore. God, I need a drink." I say, almost nervously. This is weird, so fucking weird. This whole situation is so fucking weird. You need to do it. You have to. No feelings are involved.

"Are you okay?" Bucky questions and I nod, shutting my eyes for a moment. I take in a deep breath and I drop my dress, letting it pool around my ankles. Bucky was sitting on the bed, eyes widening at what I just did. I didn't have anything to lose. I hope I didn't give him a heart attack, but I sure as hell was not going to let this Agent Provocateur set go to waste. I stepped out of the dress, walking towards him. My hips were swaying with every step. Once I stepped over the ring of candles, they ignited.

"Jesus, doll." Bucky nervously breathed out once I was standing in front of him. I grin at him, running a hand through his long hair. His hand carefully reached out and placed itself on my practically bare hip. My hand moved from his hair to his cheek, my thumb brushing itself over his lips. His eyes seemed to darken and he pulled me down onto him, letting me straddle his lap. Everything, every little doubt in my mind, was thrown out the window when he suddenly kissed me. No feelings.

Did I ever think that in a mission years that I would be doing this with my husband's best friend? No, of course not. However, I didn't have much of an option. He's trailing kisses down my neck and my hand is holding onto his hair as I look towards the window. You deserve to have fun. You're not married anymore. It's okay.

"Lucifer, all of this, I do for you." I murmur out, watching in the reflection as a crown of flames appears on my head. I give in fully to temptation, letting Bucky's hand roam where they want to. My fingers move quickly, unbuttoning his shirt, pushing it off of his shoulders.

I don't need to go into all the nitty gritty details. You know what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.5K 1.4K 17
holland stark, the brilliant yet rebellious younger sister of howard stark. taken from SSR by HYDRA after Steve is injected with the serum, she becom...
54.8K 1.1K 12
What if Tony Stark had a younger sister? What if she was just like him? The sarcasm, the intelligence, not taking anyone seriously, the need of atten...
362K 8.5K 33
A story of how Captain America finds his daughter. Or rather, how she finds him.
116 7 85
At the age of 16 Elizabeth 'Beth' Barton was kidnapped by Hydra and turned into one of Hydra's most deadly super soilder assassins, Shadow Hawk and i...