Star-Crossed One (Male OC x H...

By StarLightUpMyDays

A story of a young man on how he acts when his original dream got crushed to pieces and how unlucky stuffs ke... More

Characters
Chapter 1 : Wish
Chapter 3 : Support
Chapter 4 : Different
Chapter 5 : Talent(s) ?
Chapter 6 : Dots & Lines
Chapter 7 : Training ?
Chapter 8 : Audition
Chapter 9 : Hello New Dream
Chapter 10 : GoodBye
Chapter 11 : New Enviroment, New People
Chapter 12 : New Routine
Chapter 13 : Addition
Chapter 14 : Deal
Chapter 15 : Commitment
Chapter 16 : Debut Prep
Chapter 17 : Out and In
Chapter 18 : Compete
Chapter 19 : Wrong ?
Chapter 20 : Eliminated
Chapter 21 : Big Things Happening
Chapter 22 : TWICE
Chapter 23 : Deal
Chapter 24 : The New Fellaz
Chapter 25 : Secret and Promise
Chapter 26 : Differences
Chapter 27 : In Between
Chapter 28 : Chance
Chapter 29 : Empty Heart
Chapter 30 : Responsibility
Chapter 31 : Tour Of Self Healing
Chapter 32 : KQ Fellaz Unite
Chapter 33 : Conflicted
Chapter 34 : Mix of 9
Chapter 35 : Mix Of 9 Pt.2 "Ranks"

Chapter 2 : Scattered

1K 45 39
By StarLightUpMyDays

----D-4 Days Before Japan National---- ----Basketball Finals----

*pant* *pant* *pant*

"GO ! GO ! MOVE FASTER !

It is now 8 PM but the intensity in that gymnasium is still really high. The usual silent gymnasium is filled with sounds, whether it's the coach' voice , the groan of the players that feel soreness on their muscle due to intense training, or just the pant of the players.

"WORK IT ! COME ON , DEFEND THE TITLE !!"

The coach once again shout which is the fuel for the players fire. Today will be the last day they practice with this type of intensity since it won't be good if the players are already tired D-1 Day before the match.

"OKAY ! THAT'S ENOUGH , GATHER UP YOU GUYS."

The tired expression of the players can't be hidden anymore and some are actually really tired to the point they struggle to walk. The players aren't the only one who's tired , the coaching staff is also tired from all the shouting and practice.

"Okay you guys have done great in today's practice , our last practice will be 3 days from now on or if i should say H-1 Day Match until then take care of your body don't do anything stupid that might caused injury to your body because Kyoto High need all of you. Okay Kyoto High on 3 , 1.......2........3......!!"

"KYOTO HIGH !"

---Later---

"Oi Kyoya !!"

The captain of the team Yuga call their ace the one and only Yabuki Kyoya.

"Yuga ?"

"Wanna go eat at the WcD's ? I have some coupons~~~" said Yuga while flicking the coupon like a rich man in front of Kyoya.

"Y'know , even without coupons i will not miss on the opportunity to eat dem glorious chicken at WcD's ! Gaja !" Kyoya replied with passionate tone as he can imagine himself devouring those crispy and flavourful chicken-

"Gaja ?" Yuga asked with a confused face.

"Oh it's means 'Let's go' in Korean."

"WOW OKEY GAJA !! GAJA !! GAJA !!"

The captain of the basketball team shout loudly like a pirate while Kyoya can only facepalm himself and kinda regretted saying a korean word that will stuck inside his friend's head for at least a month. Last time something like this happened , Yuga literally use the word "Jinjja" as a response to pretty much everything even to the teacher which might sounds inappropriate.

Not only adopting the trend of using korean words in everyday life , Yuga also fall into the deep hole pit of korea's most famous music genre a.k.a K-Pop. After seeing f(x) on stage , he quickly fall in love with each members but more specifically he fall in love with Krystal.

"Dude i swear Krystal is Crystal , like damn she's so precious."

This particular sentence is not something new in Kyoya's everyday life. He actually appreciate Yuga's taste of music and choices , what he can't handle is how Yuga is pretty much talking about it every....single....day....minute....second.....
But hey Yuga is his close friend and his captain , as a friend facing these type of stuff is nothing.

-Meanwhile somewhere else in a Ramyun shop-

"Kanpai !!"

A group of girls is spotted sitting down while eating and talking to each other. A gold trophy can be seen inside one of their not tightly closed bags. Apparently it's Momo and her teammates celebrating their victory in a dance competition.

"I swear , we're the best dancing team in Kyoto." Yuko said with confidence.

"Guess the others just don't work as hard as we do , right Momo ?"

"......"

"Oi Momo."

"......"

Yuko decided to shake her spaced out friend,

"E-eh ? Yes ?"

"Momo it's pretty rare to see you think that deeply......" Her teammate said.

"Yeah it's kinda scary actually...."

"Sorry it's just i've been thinking about someone..."

"Oh~~~ our Momo is in love~~" Yuko said once again with confidence.

"No , i'm thinking on how to meet the guy you mention back then senpai. Who is it again ?"

"Kyoya ?"

"Hm ! Yea that guy." Momo confirm with confidence while eating a piece of meat.

"Ah Kyoya huh ? He is so dreamy~" one teammate said to her.

"Not really , he's handsome but sadly he fall into the kind boys category. I prefer bad boys." another one explain her taste.

"He's cute tho. You can't deny that." Yuko said.

"I want to meet him just to say thank you. That's all nothing more nothing less." Momo reassure her dance club members that she doesn't have any feelings for the famous ace.

"Phew i'm glad tho, that means i don't have to face up against you. Your body is a killer that i can't compare with. Hahahah." said her friend.

"Don't say it like that , you have a great body too y'know hahaha." Momo replied.

"You want to meet him Momo ?" Yuko asked the younger dancer next to her.

"Yeah just to say thank you , i don't know which class he belongs to so i can't just visit the second floor without any purpose."

"Let's watch his match then."

"Oh right the Japan National Finals is in 4 days right ? Let's go watch it , i want to see Kyoya-san playing~" a fan of Kyoya said.

"Sure i guess ?"

"Well then it's been decided that we'll watch Kyoya's match on Thursday and for now let's finish this food !"

The group devour the food item in front of them in minutes.

---Japan National Basketball Finals--- --D-Day--

"Okay let's warm up , everybody take turns on shooting the ball and doing layup okay ?!"

"Yessir !!"

The day has come , the finals between Kyoto High and Aomori High. Both team are known as a strong title competitor but this year is the first time where the two meets in the finals.Kyoto High known for it's unguardable offense will face up against Aomori High that known for it's strong defense.

While the two team are warming up , there are some spectator that come early to watch the warmup.

"Kyoya ! Oi !"

Kyoya turns his attention to the sound and it was his childhood friend Yuko with some of her friends and dance teammate. After getting the permission to leave the court for 10 minutes , he approach the group.

"Thanks for coming to the match,  we'll try our best to win the match." Kyoya said appreciating the support from the female group.

"Oh Kyoya , there's someone who wants to talk to you for a minute."

"Hm ?"

"Momo come here , he's here."

"Ah hello Yabuki-senpai."

"Yo ummm Momo isn't it ?"

"Yeah..."

After that the atmosphere feels awkward with the two side of dialogue not knowing what to say.

"Uhh so anything you want to say ?"

"Oh right uh , thank you senpai for carrying me to the infirmary not too long ago."

"Oh it's about that , no problem anyone will do the same thing. I'm just doing what i'm supposed to do and just call me Kyoya okay ?"

Kyoya replied with a smile on his face that somehow made Momo blush a little bit while his fans who are Yuko and Momo's friend melt to the ground.

"I'll go back now , enjoy the match !"

Momo now can understand why this man has a lot of fans. His innocent kind look is definitely charming plus his tall figure , it's not a surprise on how this man is taking a lot of women's heart.

"You guys done with your imagination ? Let's grab some seat before this place is packed with humans." One of Yuko's friend said.

---The Last 30 Seconds Of The Match---

"DEFENSE ! DEFENSE !" Kyoto High bench shout , showing their support to their teammates in the court. The score is currently 112 - 110 with Kyoto leading. All they need to do is force a turnover and milk the clock now to assure their win.

But surprisingly Aomori didn't gave up and decided to use the play that they never use which caught Kyoto off-guard leaving one of their shooter open for a wide 3.

*swish*

Just from that play the conditions are now reversed with Kyoto down by one point 112 -113 with 8 seconds left on the clock. At this crunch time , the coach need to decide on what play that'll bring victory to the team.

"Kyoya , we need you to take the last shot. We'll fake them by bringing out all of our shooter to make them play man-to-man defense. As long as Kyoya can stay on a one on one match , it'll be our victory. Okay you guys ready ?"

"Roger."

Bringing out all of Kyoto High shooter left Yuga as their only rebounder is a risky strategy. Inbound time , with the decoy running all over to search for a free spot the inbound to Kyoya was an easy task and now the finishing.

Kyoya hold the ball until there's only 5 seconds left on the clock , at times like these legends are born. Not being too fancy with the crossover , Kyoya managed to blow by the defender driving to the basket with no defender.

"This is it ! We wi-"

Just as Kyoya have a winning image on his head , his defender chase him from behind and somehow managed to catch up with him.

In a layup motion like this , Kyoya tried to find a counter to avoid his opponent incoming block which led him to an acrobatic layup and somehow managed to avoid the block and lay the ball softly which brings relief to his mind.

But the defender's body hit him as he's still in his airtime , he can't control his body which led him to an awkward and hard landing.....

*pop*

He felt something pop-off from his leg and he can only pray it's not what he think it is while holding down to his knee and backleg as the pain starts to kick in.

"HE DID IT !!! YABUKI KYOYA MANAGE TO DEFEND THE TITLE FOR KYOTO- OH NO ! Kyoya is down on the ground. Medic team !"

The happy audiences convert from celebrating to worrying about what happened to their ace player. They can see how their ace winces in pain while holding his right knee.

"Kyoya , hey what's wrong !?"

"My right knee....., it hurts really bad..."

"Can you walk ?"

"I'm not sure..argh..."

"Medic !! Let's take him to the hospital. Yuga ! Take care of the ceremony and stuff. I'll accompany Kyoya."

"Roger Coach !!"

The medic team quickly carry the coach and Kyoya to the hospital, while Momo , Yuko and Kyoya's fans can only cover their mouth in shooked because they just witness something scary and shocking at the same time.

"I'll inform his parents." Yuko said while shaking really hard.

---At The Hospital---

After getting the medical check up and first aid. The coach is now in the consultation room with the doctor that handle Kyoya's check-up.

"It's a pretty bad case..."

"How bad is it doctor ?"

"It's a torn ACL."

"ACL !?"

"Yeah , at first i thought it was only a normal bruise but no it was worse. It's better that he undergo an operation as fast as possible considering he's still a student and ACL is not an injury that heal fast."

"Yes.. i understand, thank you.."

The coach exit the room with sad eyes. He starts to question his decision on the play earlier. But his solo thinking time is quickly disturbed by-

"Coach , where's Kyoya ?"

"Ah Mr.Yabuki , he's in the treatment room for now..."

"Is he okay ?"

"H-he needs to undergo an operation as soon as possible..."

Hearing that , Kyoya's Mom and Nako lost their ability to talk. They don't know what to say or how to react to this information they just received.

"Is it that bad ?"

"It's an Torn ACL...."

"I-i see..."

They decides to check up on Kyoya's condition in the treatment room. There they found Kyoya lying on the bed while looking out to the window.

"Hey son.."

Not answering his dad , Kyoya coldly ask his coach while still looking at the window...

"It's a torn ACL isn't it coach ?"

The coach can only stay silent knowing that his ace player deduction is true.

"I see...  , can you guys leave me for a while ? I need to be alone..."

Not knowing what to do but to accept the request , the group exit the room leaving Kyoya alone on his bed.

He feels sad. He feel guilty that because he play relentlessly , he risked his own future and the future of Kyoto High. He was doing fine until he realized how his eyes are dropping a little bit of tears....

-------------------------------------------------------
Chap 2 Done , the point is to always be careful when you're exercising. I haven't experience a torn ACL (and i hope i don't have to).

Hope you enjoyed it , and if you do don't forget to comment and you can hit the star button to vote and support the author.

Thanks for reading, have a great day, and as always

I'm out boii~~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.7K 307 11
Yoo Jeongyeon, CEO of YJY Enterprise, a cold person (to others) but funny person (to her girlfriend, Nayeon.) But she have a secret. Nayeon, girlfrie...
1.5K 57 3
(Y/n), a talented trainee who struggled to match any of the boys at JYP due to his completely feminine visual and gravitating stage presence, remaine...
154K 3.3K 50
Twice x Reader fanfic (More like Me x Twice but I tried) Reader gender: Male The beginning explains everything you need to know This is my first stor...
16.9K 1K 33
Yoo Jeongyeon is an owner of a coffee shop and Hirai Momo, a Film Director, happens to be a regular customer there. Momo had her heart broken by her...