Billionaire Daddy

By G3eklyChic

Natalia Fuller has had a difficult upbringing in her early adolescence but she has learned to come out strong... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 32

11.1K 354 19
By G3eklyChic

"So explain," I say waiting for her to speak. 

"Look, I understand I'm the last person you want to see but I want you to know that I've cared for Xander. Around the time I was in middle school I had fallen in love with him but I knew he was out of my league so I began changing my image. Eventually, I was popular and went out practically every day to clubs or parties. That's how my drinking started. When I was in high school I got his attention and my father helped me get his parents to agree on our marriage. I was happy that day we married. I ignored Xander's happiness because I only cared about my own and for that, I was selfish to do that to him. Two years into our marriage and I was pregnant but my drinking problem revealed the truth of my secret. That was the same time Xander accepted it and tried to help me but I never gave in. Soon he gave up on trying. When he hired you, I noticed how different he acted towards you and I was jealous that you had his attention. I'm truly sorry that my jealousy led to what I did that day. After you left him I didn't realize that his true happiness is with you. I accept him not loving me because he has you to love. So, all I ask is that you promise to stay by his side because your the only one who can help him right now." I never knew Olivia held so much in and I never knew that at one point Olivia truly cared for him.

"I will promise to stay with him if... if you promise to sign the divorce papers." I know I'm technically not with him but Olivia has confirmed that she no longer harbors feelings for him and it's only fair that she signs them.

"It's already done. I signed it a month ago and I can promise that I care for Xander as a friend." She says while smiling.

"Thank you," That is surprising to know but I'm glad that Olivia has a clear mind for once.

"I hope you can eventually forgive me after everything I've done to you. I understand if you don't because I wouldn't either." She admits. Who knew Olivia could have this side.

"I do forgive you," I say. After everything that has happened, I truly forgive her. I guess the saying one must know the other side before they judge applies to this situation. 

"Thank you! I've got to go soon." Olivia says while she glances at her watch.

"Why? Aren't you going to see Xander?" I ask in confusion.

"I did but I have to go because there is a car waiting for me to take me to a facility for my drinking. I wanted to stay so I could properly apologize to you." She says. I'm astounded that Olivia has owned up to her addiction and is voluntarily wanting to get better. I definitely underestimated her.

"Oh, then I guess I'll see you soon," I say.

"Yes, I guess you will. Bye Natalia and take care of him."She says before she makes her way through the corridor. 

"Bye Olivia and I will keep my promise," I say just before she disappears. 

I feel at ease now that the tension with Olivia is no longer there. I do forgive her for almost everything except I won't forget about my daughter. I push those thoughts aside and make my way through the waiting room. There are only two people in this room and I can assume they are Xander's parents.

Xander's father looks like an older version of Xander except Mr. Reed has light brown hair, a strong jawline, and a beard. Xander's mother has short glossy brown hair and hazel eyes. Both of his parents are dressed in work attire because it's a Thursday morning. When I walk into view I notice them look up at me. Xander's father is on the phone while his mother is sitting down.

"Hello, I'm Natalia and..." I don't know how I should introduce myself to his parents and most importantly I don't know how I should tell them my relation to Xander.

"Natalia" I hear Mrs. Reed say. "You were Xander's assistant?" She asks.

"Yes, I was," I say. 

"Please sit down with us." She says inviting me to sit next to her which I do so. I feel nervous being with his parents because I wasn't told much of them. "Olivia told us about you."

"Oh," I say feeling smaller than before. I wonder if she knows everything. "What did she tell you about me?" I manage to ask.

"Just that you were Xander's assistant but Xander mentioned that you and he were together." She says.

"Yes," I say. I still don't know what to say because it's true that we were together before I left.

"And he mentioned that you were pregnant but lost the baby." Mrs. Reed says.

"Yes, she died at birth." I feel a tear fall but I wipe it away.

"I'm sorry. We didn't know about any of this up until two months ago when he mentioned it to us. Olivia only told us that you were on your way and we didn't know what to expect but I'm thankful that you're here for him. I feel like a bad parent that I pushed him into this marriage and caused him so much grief." Mrs. Reed says.

"I don't think you are a bad parent because you're still here for him despite everything," I say.

"Thank you, Natalia." Mrs. Reed says and before we say anything else Xander's father finishes his phone call.

"Alizah called and said she would join us as soon as possible. Also, the police suspect that the car that purposely crashed into Xander's car did it with an intent to kill him." Mr. Reed explains.

"Do the police have any suspects?" Mrs. Reed asks.

"No, but it could be Xander's competitors from other companies or old colleagues of his." Mr. Reed says.

"Have the doctors said anything?" I ask.

"Nothing yet, about an hour ago they said he was admitted into surgery. All we can do is wait for any updates." Mrs. Reed says. I'm starting to feel helpless while I'm sitting here waiting. Without notice, Mrs. Reed grasps my hands and I look up at her. "He'll be okay." She says and I smile at her but just as I'm about to say anything else I see Alizah emerge through the hallway.

"I got here as fast as I could!" She says and her parents walk towards her to give her a hug.

"Where's Nick?" Mrs. Reed asks after their small reunion.

"He's parking the car but he should be here soon," Alizah says and soon her eyes meet mine. "Natalia?" She asks and I get up from the chair to meet her. 

"I have a lot to explain but I wanted to be here." When I left Xander I didn't get a chance to tell Alizah much what happened the day I left her house. I owe her an apology and an explanation because she is a friend to me.

"No need to explain I'm glad you're here." She says before giving me a hug and I'm relieved that she understands. 

A moment later Nick arrives and he tells us that it was difficult finding a parking spot because of all the press surrounding the hospital entrance. While Nick talks to Mr. and Mrs. Reed Alizah and I talk about what has happened in the past two months. I knew most what happened with Xander but I didn't know that he cut off all contact with his family.

"Yeah, it was frustrating not hearing his annoying voice." She says and I smile for a split second forgetting where I am but my smile falters when I remember that I'm in the hospital waiting. "Hey, it's all going to be okay. My brother is probably giving them a hard time." I smile meekly. 

The rest of the time spent in the waiting room we continue talking and at one point we each take turns getting food because it's been some time since we've eaten. 

The entire time I was waiting I would think back on the times Xander and I spent together. I still regret leaving him the way I did and for thinking that our separation would be good for us but it clearly didn't. I just wish I stayed.

The next hour, a doctor enters the waiting room and we all get up to hear what he has to say.

"Are you Mr. Reed's family?" The doctor asks. He's an older doctor who has glasses and scrubs on. He must be the head doctor by the looks of it.

"Yes, we are." Xander's father says and it makes me realize that Mr. Reed has included me in the mix of there family when he responded to the doctor. 

"Good. We finished operating on him and he is stabilized at the moment but he was sedated heavily due to the many injuries that he sustained from the crash. The next twenty-four hours will be crucial for Mr. Reed but not to worry he will be under observation by our staff. If there's anything we will update you further." The doctor explains and I let myself take a deep breath and allow my shoulders to relax. 

"Will we be able to visit him?" Alizah asks while holding Nicks's hand. 

"Yes, visiting hours are still going but we can only allow no more than two guests at a time." He says and we all agree to the visiting rules. 

Xander's parents go first to see their son, followed by Alizah and Nick, and soon enough it's my turn to see him. When I enter Xander's room, I'm not prepared for what I see.

On the bed, Xander lays with many IVs and tubes attached to him and his hands and chest are bandaged. Luckily, the only thing that isn't bandaged is his face but seeing him like this brings the tears to my eyes and I sit next to him. All I see a broken man that I damaged from my foolish mistake. As long as I exist, I will never leave this beautiful but stubborn man that I love behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 29 21
Michael and Natalia, are two people brought together by an arranged marriage. Despite initial reservations to marry for the sake of status, and not h...
23.5K 1.4K 22
Break-ups hurt on varying degrees, bottom line is, it HURTS. Everyone thinks Liam Zein is the perfect heir to the Maximillian throne - he is very muc...
3.5K 479 52
Natalia is a twenty year old young adult with wild dreams and empty pockets. In short, she's desperate for money. She jumps at the first opportunity...