Lend You Broken Parts {A Woos...

By eli_jelli

San is an underground fighter that aches to prove he is better than his father thinks he is. Training to beco... More

radicals on edge
one in the chamber
doubt
flightless bird
get ready set
when they met
shadows
towers
flower shower
encounters
a new alliance
lesson one
dark angel
taking leaps
fallen petal
wounds
me + you
lanterns and butterflies
enemies
first impression
the fire inside
invitation
lights all night
the first time
mistakes
bruises
answers
two of a kind
louder than words
anchor
plan of attack
lesson two
feelings
familiar
before the storm
brawl out
love and war
pieces
fear and loathing
aftermath
over again
a heart to mend
a new beginning
cast/playlist/credits

sparks fly

4.2K 255 259
By eli_jelli

"Will you please stop fidgeting? You look great," San encouraged.

Yeosang had been functioning at the level of an over caffeinated college student with a twelve page essay due in 24 hours.

Who only had three words.

And two of them were his name.

Except the way he was feeling had nothing to do with imminent test failure and everything to do with his audition today.

He was nervous. Really nervous.

The past 48 hours had turned him into a wreck. Like he was stuck in slow motion at the exact moment before the train collided and hurdled off the track into an abyss.

Yeosang tugged at the sleeves of his shirt as San unfastened the very top button. The faded blue jean fabric of the shirt sat neatly on his shoulders. The long sleeves were undone at the wrists, making the look more lax to accompany the khaki joggers tucked into worn charcoal boots.

He ran his fingers through the others' slightly gelled hair to create "stylish chaos" as he had described.

San was right though, his friend did look great, an imperial vision of shining light at all times of the day.

He never understood why he was so shy to flaunt his true self in front of others because honestly, his presence was superlative.

Telling him this was done in vain though, and Yeo would just roll his eyes and say that the other was teasing him. He wished someone would come along and tell him what he couldn't.

So naturally, with these kind of thoughts, Yeosang had mild stage fright.

He was looking blankly out into the almost empty space, save for the few staff setting up chairs and the two bartenders that had been muttering to each other.

The shorter of the two looking rather confused and unfamiliar with everything he was being told.

The place didn't open for another four hours so it is not like he had a crowd to play for on his first attempt.

He just needed to impress the owner, which when he thought about it, sounded much worse. He was the only thing standing in his way of having the chance to get his name around.

If opportunity was knocking, this man was standing guard at the door, checking ID's.

San was dragged along for moral support and to ensure Yeosang didn't chicken out before going on stage. Which he was fully capable of doing. So maybe "mild" is an understatement.

They patiently waited for the audition to take place.

Yeo plucked strings on his guitar, turning pegs at the top to tune the instrument while San wandered aimlessly around the luxurious atmosphere.

Utopia was the kind of establishment where business and company owners spent their time outside of work. To drink and smoke in the presence of other executive guests.

The kind of people who owned cars they were driven around in and suits they wore once.

The club that was attached below was usually occupied by the heirs and heiress' of said companies. Twenty year olds, already entitled to the positions their parents sat in now.

When the door finally flew open, a much younger guy than Yeosang was expecting gracefully stepped through the frame.

His midnight hair was parted to the side and swept up out of his face, the longer ends hanging over his eyebrow. A playful smile danced on his lips, as he turned away from another person he didn't recognize that followed just after him.

He spotted Yeosang who was standing timidly on stage, guitar in hand, and walked over to extend a greeting.

"Hey, sorry my dad couldn't make it, he got caught up. I'm Seonghwa," he smiled widely.

"Are you ready?"

*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*

"Did you hear me?"

Wooyoung turned his head back to the direction the voice was coming from, a slightly taller male who was holding two different drink glasses, one in each hand.

The medium length black hair he sported was just long enough to touch the collar of his shirt. It was shaken out of his eyes as he peered at Woo.

He was younger, twenty one, only one year less than Wooyoung but the lower tone that his warm voice held seemed to give him a mature impression.

His complexion was flawless, bearing a tiny beauty mark that kissed his face under his left eye.

The delicate cream skin no doubt the result of a nightly facial care routine.

His plump lips were a powdered pink and were pierced with a thin silver ring in the corner on the bottom.

If Wooyoung had been up for another self-destructive adventure he might have approached him in another time and place.

Exchanging flirtatious glances over drinks across a smoky room just long enough to walk over and ask him his name. Talking just long enough to find out how the small ring tasted between slick kisses and pressed bodies.

Never putting in enough effort to stay because they never did and he got over being left on read.

Somehow, Wooyoung could tell this guy was not the type to do that though.

As handsome as he was he could see them being nothing more than decent friends, now co-workers as he showed him around the bar they would be tending to together.

He focused his thoughts back to Hyunjin, as he had introduced himself earlier.

"Yes, so the tall one is for non alcoholic beverages and the short one is for cocktails," he repeated.

They had been going over everything behind the bar. Hyunjin was teaching him how to portion and mix all the drinks and what to expect during a shift.

To be honest, Woo was a bit lost with the amount of information he was being taught, but it didn't seem too hard to get down so he figured he would be okay.

To be even more honest his focus had been diverted every few minutes to the two boys who had been setting up on stage.

"Who is that?" Wooyoung motioned to the boy tuning his guitar.

Hyunjin's gaze followed Woo's to the stage, looking over the nervous male. Wooyoung didn't miss the slight twitch of his lips as if he was stopping a smile from forming.

He watched as the other's eyes lingered longer than usual on the unfamiliar face.

An admiring breath escaped as Hyunjin replied, "I...am not sure, I haven't seen him in here before."

Seonghwa had mentioned yesterday that someone was coming to audition as the new lounge performer so maybe this was him.

Wooyoung was curious as to the talent that the pink haired boy possessed to be given a chance to play at this place.

The look on his face made him seem like he was about to either scream or vomit, so his anticipation had slightly grown for the outcome.

Just then the double doors to the lounge swung open, making way for Seonghwa with a trailing Hongjoong who gave Woo a small wave.

Seonghwa introduced himself to the boy and then spun around to the bar waving them over.

"You guys take a break for now, I need your unbiased opinions," he directed.

"Then why did you drag me along," questioned Hongjoong with raised eyebrows.

Seonghwa dropped his shoulders, forming a pout as he waddled over to the shorter male. He grabbed his hand pulling him down to the sofa that he had just plopped down on.

Keeping his hand in his, Hwa pressed tiny kisses to his fingers, voice softening, "Because your opinion is the most important baby."

Woo saw the warmth pooling in Hongjoong's cheeks as slim hands held his face on either side. A small kiss was pressed to his nose and then his lips.

"Gross," teased Hyunjin.

Everyone settled on a white leather sofa that was placed in front of the stage.

Colored lights that lined the ceiling pointed down on the shaking figure perched on a tall stool.

His leg supported his guitar while an angled stand held the microphone just in front of his face.

A timid voice rang through the connected speakers, "Hello, my name is Kang Yeosang and I will be singing Lost in Japan for you today."

A loud whistle followed by thunderous claps pierced the otherwise quiet room.

Five sets of eyes turned in the direction of the commotion coming from his friend who had pulled up a chair in the back.

Wooyoung looked over to the boy that had been with the other earlier, finally getting a view of his face.

The features were somehow intimidating, yet soft at the same time.

Right now his lips were turned up in a smile so wide that his eyes had become crescents and dimples poked at his cheeks. A look of immense excitement for the boy on stage.

He quickly dropped his volume as he realized the disturbance and held up his hands apologetically, "Sorry..I'll just..." Smile turning shy.

Cute, thought Wooyoung.

As the silence settled again, gentle chords being strummed beautifully danced in the air.

The boys soothing vocals filled the room.

... Do you have plans tonight? I was hoping I could get lost in your paradise
the only thing I'm thinking 'bout is you and I,
cause I can't get you off my mind...

Hyunjin's body posture stiffened next to him. His breathing became slightly staggered and when Woo looked over, his eyes were locked ahead, mesmerized.

By the time the song ended, Everyone realized they were holding their breath and exhaled in unison.

Seonghwa was the first one to speak, still entranced by the performance, "That was absolutely amazing. You have to do the show here."

a/n. Wow that was kind of long. I'm sorry my fingers wouldn't stop lol

I wanted to put the version of the song yeosang sang here so you can get the feel of the mood in the lounge.

Thanks for still reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.9K 1.8K 30
Choi San was hurt by the one he trusted the most. After catching his boyfriend in bed with another man, San gets drunk with his friends until he blac...
93.4K 4.5K 38
When the poor sweetheart Wooyoung meets the annoying and mean Prince San, he suddenly can't help being attracted to him. ...
30.2K 1.3K 27
Hongjoong is an introvert, forced into spending his summer holidays in the countryside, staying with his constantly working aunt and uncle and his co...
18.7K 596 16
'Hi daddy😘' 'Hey babyboy😏' In which Wooyoung dared Yunho to dm Mingi, his bias from Ateez. The last thing he expected was a response but luck was o...