Bringing the Nation's Husband...

Od Scarlett_Official

They both thought that they had missed out on each other, but neither was aware that they were each other's t... Více

Third Book Info
I | Coincidence: His Way Of Remaining Anonymous
II | Nothing More Dangerous Than A Silent Sitting Women
III | Karma Handling Her Fate
IV | Missing him comes in waves. Tonight, she's drowning.
V | if i know what love is, it's because of you
VI | and suddenly, all the love songs were about you...
VIII | no measure of time with you will be long enough
IX | Have you ever tried to pay bills with hugs? No? She can.
X | Don't be eye candy. Be soul food.
XI | To be loved by the person you love is everything.
XII | They fell in love many times, but always with the same person.
XIII | Spoiling her with loyalty cauz she can finance herself.
XIV | they can make the whole universe jealous
XV | nothing is gone forever, only out of place
XVI | If she's your woman, stand up for her.
XVII | One Heart, Two Souls
XVIII | Throwing Away a Diamond, and Picking Up a Rock
XIX | Worst Distance : Misunderstanding
XX | all our favorite conversations...
XXI | Truth prevails where there are pains to bring it to light.
XXII | What goes around, comes around.
XXIII | The Wild Side of an Innocent Face
XXIV | You Make Barbie Look Real
XXV | you are my 1 am thoughts...
XXVI | you make my heart race and there is no finish line
XXVII | from the moment we met... it was you
XXVIII | Shopping = Love
XXIX | love you enough to not let go
XXX | one lie is enough to question all truths
XXXI |
XXXII |
XXXIII |
XXXIV |
XXXV |
XXXVI |
XXXVII |
XXXVIII |
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII |
XLIII |
XLIV |
XLV |
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
XLIX
L
LI
LII
LIII
LIV
LV
LVI
LVII
LVIII
LIX
LX
LXI
LXII
LXIII
LXIV
LXV
LXVI
Extra Chapter
Bonus Chapters
Other Books

VII | The Past, Sealed Away.

41.6K 1.7K 163
Od Scarlett_Official

Even though the assistant had been with Alexander for so many years, this was the first time that he had lied to him. And even though his lie wasn't exposed, he still felt guilty. Afraid that Alexander would find some loophole, he hurriedly asked, "Mr. Smith, are you free later? Want to go for drinks?"

Alexander didn't object. He nodded and pointed to his car, heading for the driver's seat.

After working with Alexander for so many years, even if they hadn't met for ten months, the assistant still couldn't change his habits. When he realized what his superior meant, he hurriedly rushed in front of him to open the back door. "Mr. Smith, please."

Alexander was just about to enter the driver's seat, but when he heard his assistant's words, he paused slightly, then released the door handle, and went to the back seat.

The assistant entered the front seat and started the car. "Mr. Smith, where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere."

The assistant thought for a moment, then suggested, "Golden Luxury?"

Alexander agreed with a light "Yea."

In the past ten months, Golden Luxury had been renovated, so it looked much more extravagant and lavish than before.

In the private room, the drinks that the assistant had ordered were delivered quickly. After the staff left, he turned and looked over. Alexander had on a calm expression as he leaned on the sofa, smoking.

The assistant poured two glass of wine and pushed one over to Alexander. "Mr. Smith, are you intending to leave again?"

Alexander averted his gaze from the ceiling, straightened, and finished the entire glass. With a nod, he replied, "Hmm."

"What about the company?"

"Isn't the company doing fine?"

The assistant paused, recalling the conversation with Isabelle. "Mr. Smith, when do you intend to leave?"

Alexander hesitated. "I have not decided."

"Mr. Smith, I have already carried out your orders regarding Isabelle..."

Alexander remained silent, but his hand tightened on the glass of wine upon hearing her name.

When the assistant remembered that Alexander had emphasized not to let Isabelle know about his actions but yet he had betrayed him, he started to feel guilty and immediately changed the topic. "Mr Smith, did you leave without saying anything because of Miss Davis?"

Alexander stiffened. His lips tightly clenched and various emotions seeped into his eyes. After a short while, he downed another glass of wine and relaxed his temples back to his usual cold expression. He then replied faintly, "Stop mentioning what has already passed."

"But Miss Davis..."

The assistant had wanted to say she had been looking for him for ten whole months, but the moment he mentioned her name, Alexander smashed the glass of wine violently onto the table, before he could continue with his sentence. Snarling, he said, "I told you not to mention anything about her to me! "

The assistant became silent instantly.

The entire room fell into a deep silence.

Shortly after, the assistant changed the topic. Alexander remained silent the entire time, his face dark as he continuously smoked his cigarette.

When the cigarette was reaching its end, he pressed it into the ashtray and stood up. "It's getting late, I'm going back to the hotel."

The assistant started to panic.

Initially he was just trying to have justice for Mr. Smith when he told Miss Davis about what he had done. Yet when he found out that she still cared about Mr. Smith, even going as far as calling his assistant every single day for ten months to ask if there was any news, he started to feel a bit guilty for his previous actions.

Tonight, when Miss Davis called, she had pleaded for him to help relieve tension between her and Alexander, but the moment he mentioned her, his boss got mad.

When he asked him where he had been gone for the ten months and when he was returning, he was not able to get a response... Was he driving him away instead?

Despite the disappointment, the assistant was determined to help Miss Davis...

Because of this, he anxiously asked, "Mr. Smith, which hotel do you stay in?"

Alexander turned, glancing over. "What's wrong?"

His gaze caused a wave of anxiety and guilt to surge in the assistant's heart, fear that he would be seen through. Quickly, he said, "I just wanted to send you there, besides, I did not drive today."

Alexander stared at him for about two seconds, and just when his assistant thought that he was exposed, he suddenly replied, "Four Seasons Hotel."

Without waiting for a reply, Alexander opened the door and left.

The assistant paused, and when he snapped back to his senses, he hurriedly took out his phone to text Isabelle. [Miss Davis, Mr. Smith stays in Four Seasons Hotel. From my understanding of his personality, his room will definitely be 1001. If you tell the staff his identity number, they will open the door for you, the number is...]

After successfully sending out the message, he seemed to have recalled something and sent another text over. [Oh right, Miss Davis, Mr. Smith mentioned that he would be leaving soon. You can use his identity number to inquire about his flight number, but I can only help you this much; the rest is up to you.]

When he made sure the text went through, he hurriedly left the room to chase after Alexander.

Seemingly guilty for the second betrayal, he could not look straight into his boss' eyes.

Alexander held Miss Davis so deeply in his heart, there was no way he would stop loving her. The more he tried to avoid her, the more the assistant was certain that he still cared... Even though, he was not sure what had happened to cause Alexander to give her up.

But she was the only solution. The only one that could make Mr. Smith upset was Miss Davis, and at the same time, she was the only one that could make him happy, too.

So, his betrayal was justified, right? He just wanted to help Mr. Smith ... Help him regain the happiness he had lost for so many years.

Yes, right, he was helping him find happiness! When they finally came to be together and the betrayal came to light, he could seek help from Miss Davis.

Knowing that Miss Davis would be a strong backing, the assistant seemed to calm down somewhat. Through the rear-view mirror, he glanced at Alexander.

-

The assistant didn't send Alexander upstairs, he stopped at the entrance of the hotel before driving off.

Since it was a couple days after New Year's, there weren't many occupants, and now that it was late into the night, there was only one man at the counter and two security guard in the main hall.

The elevator was at the top floor, so Alexander pressed the button and waited. After about two minutes, a light bell sounded and the doors opened. Alexander walked in and pressed for top floor.

When the elevator reached his floor, he walked out and followed the long stretch down to the end. In front of room "1001", he stopped, reaching for his card to open the door.

The room was in pitch darkness.

Alexander used the faint glow from the corridor to find the electricity slot. He placed his room card in, lighting up the room.

He turned and closed the door. Strolling back into the room, he removed his jacket and loosened his collar before heading towards the bedroom.

With one hand, he pushed open the bedroom door, and with the other, he pulled out his tie, tossing it onto the bed beside him. He started to unbutton his shirt while turning to close the door. Just before he entered the bathroom to shower, he caught sight of something, and his whole body froze. After about three seconds, he turned back.

Isabelle sat on the sofa in front of the floor to ceiling window.

Alexander was not prepared; he had never expected to see Isabelle sitting in his room. He froze, his fingers no longer unbuttoning his shirt.

This was the first time Isabelle had dared to enter someone else's room without permission. She was jittery and anxious. With her clear black eyes wide-open, she stared straight at Alexander for a while before heading towards him. "Alexander, I'm sorry for disturbing you. "

Alexander remained silent, his gaze never leaving Isabelle as she approached, his mind in a daze. It was as if he was dreaming.

When she was about half a meter away from him, she lifted her head. Her heart thumped frantically, as though it was about to jump out of her throat. "Alexander, can we talk?"

Her words seemed to be a dagger, striking deep into his heart. His face paled.

Once he had sent a text to her with a similar meaning, [Lets have a good talk during dinner.]

But that day, he waited the entire night. He had even humbled himself and thrown his pride, but only to be met with disappointment.

Let's have a talk ... She did not give him an opportunity to do so, sentencing him to death instantly.

His hands started to tremble, and due to the intensity, the button on his shirt was yanked off, falling onto the ground with a clear "ding". Alexander snapped back to his senses, a distant look clouding his eyes as he stared at her coldly, sucking all the warmth from the room. After about half a minute, he spoke in an emotionless voice. "I think there's nothing to talk about between the two of us."

Without any emotion, he diverted his gaze away from her face. Moving his hands down to the next button, he continued to unfasten his shirt as he walked casually to the bathroom. Just when he was about to enter it, he turned abruptly to look at Isabelle. He stiffened slightly before adding coldly, "I don't care how you entered today, but I hope that I won't see you when I'm out, or I won't hesitate to call the police."

Turning, he entered the bathroom.

Anxiously, Isabelle reached out for his shirt.

Alexander tensed, and his lips clenched tightly. He lowered his head to stare at her white, slender hands. Confusion and a mixture of other emotions clouded his eyes, but he still commanded her in a sharp tone, "Let go!"

Isabelle lowered her head instantly, her fingers trembling. She was visibly frightened by his tone. But she tightened her grip on his shirt, even if from anxiety, her palms were starting to sweat. "Alexander, I know that you're angry, but could you give me some time? Let me finish what I want to say..."

"I'm not interested!" he interrupted irritably. With the other hand, he took hold of her wrist and pulled her hands off.

Isabelle could feel him pry her hands off, and she started to panic. In her anxiety, she started to blurt out what she wanted to say today. "Alexander, on the night of Valentine's Day..."

She couldn't finish her sentence. The words "Valentine's Day" seemed to be a curse, turning Alexander into a madman. The originally calm man turned aggressive, pressing her against the wall. His hands wrapped around her neck as though he was going to strangle her if she continued.

Isabelle could distinctly feel the anger emitting from him as he tightened his grip on her neck. She started to feel breathless, and her face turned red.

When Alexander glanced down at her face, his gaze remained murderous, as though he could kill her at any moment. "You want to talk? Or are you here to mock me?"

Alexander remained silent for a second, and when he spoke again, his voice was much calmer and resolute, without any room for objections. "If you are here tonight to talk about the past, it's not necessary. Whatever happened was in the past and is no longer important to me."

He loosened his grip on her neck, and after grabbing her wrist, he pulled her to the door without waiting allowing her to react. Opening the door, he violently pushed her out and slammed the door behind her.

Without her presence, Alexander's tensed body was finally able to relax.

He stood behind the door for a while before heading to the bedroom. He had originally wanted to shower, but now, he reached for the cigarettes in his luggage and lighted a stick.

Dangling the stick in his mouth, he caught sight of the phone that was lying silently in the corner of his luggage.

He stared at the phone for a long while before reaching for it.

The SIM card in the phone had already been thrown away. When he switched it on, it indicated that the battery was low. He stared at the photo of the conversation he had had with Isabelle for a long while before enlarging one.

The first text was between the two of them and it was dated ten months ago.

He paused for a long while before reading the words in it.

[Don't wait for me, I won't go.]

He clearly remembered that the message was sent by her after he had waited three whole day outside the Davis mansion. When he had received it, he was about to faint from fatigue.

That was after he had taken over Williams Enterprise and had waited the entire night on Valentine's day. It was the first thing she had sent to him.

Even today, he could still remember how agitated he had been at that time.

When he read the message, he had found out that she knew that he had been waiting... She just didn't want to see him.

Despair engulfed him, but he didn't want to give up. In order to touch her, he replied, [Izzy, I love you.]

[I have loved you for thirteen years.]

The two texts seemed to have sunk into the sea, for it was only after two hours that he received a reply.

[Are you even worthy?]

[I would never accept you who hurt James.]

I would never forgive you for harming James.

So, all this while, he could never match up to James, and once he harmed him, he instantly became worthless.

Are you worthy?

Yes, was he worthy?

The first time he had met her, just her bag was worth a few months of his part-time job pay.

When she had cramps and had to rest in the hospital, the thirty-dollar medical fee he had paid was sixty percent of his entire fortune, but the moment she opened her Chanel wallet, inside lay a thick wad of cash.

When she, James, and Sophia went out shopping, they didn't hesitate to buy items costing up to five digits. But what about him? He had just felt ashamed, since he wasn't even able to afford the cheapest item in the mall.

So, was he worthy?

He knew that he wasn't and it was the motivation behind his hard work and determination.

He thought that with money, he would have the right to love her, but in the end, she was still an unattainable dream.

On Valentine's day, she didn't turn up, but he didn't mind.

He waited three whole days for her, and still he didn't mind.

When she was implicated and got entangled in a drug scandal, everyone was blaming her, but at that time, he had come out to stand by her.

He knew that if he were to be involved in a scandal, it would definitely bring about trouble.

But he just wanted her to be all right.

From the moment he fell in love with her, he was determined to protect her.

He had given her love, but yet, she had repaid him with "Are you worthy?".

Yes, he was not worthy. Even if she had lost her parents, she was still leading a glamorous and luxurious life.

And what about him? He was the son of a mistress, a prostitute, an illegitimate son... The moment he arrived in this world; he was engulfed in such negativity.

At that time, the rumors about him went viral, his past, and even his mother's past was dug out and exposed one by one.

He sat silently in his car late one night, staring at the text [Are you worthy?], and he felt as though his world was collapsing.

In order to love her, he had driven himself to such lengths, to the point of mistreating himself. At that time, he had felt that his actions were lowly, past lowly for her to ask him if he was worthy. So, he pleaded, [Izzy, I'll return Williams Enterprise to James, can we go back to the past?]

Instead, she had placed him on her blacklist.

At that time, he felt as though his heart had died.

The love that had persevered for thirteen years... He no longer had any excuse to continue this love, instead, reasons to not love kept appearing one after the other.

But in the end, when he was determined to leave her, he still left his assistant with a long list of things regarding her.

As he typed out each word, he realized that all these years, she was his entire world.

Alexander's fingers started to hurt, snapping him back to his senses. It was when he realized that his cigarette had reached its end and had burnt his fingers.

He tossed the cigarette into the ashtray and put away his phone before entering the bathroom to wash his burn.

He had intended to forget everything, so why would he suddenly reminisce about the sealed past?

It was probably because of her sudden reappearance.

He wanted to know why she would find him now when she was so ruthless back then...

He shook his head violently at that thought, closing the tap.

This was bad. He had used such a long time to forget her and had been trying to convince himself to cut off all ties, but just her reappearance was able to cause a stir in his heart.

If this went on, he would definitely make the same mistake... But such heartache and despair were too much to go through for a second time.

Alexander gripped the basin. He lowered his head and fell into deep thought. When he seemingly made up his mind, he pulled out a towel to wipe his hands before going back to the bedroom. He removed the shirt that was missing a button and changed into a new one before placing his few belongings back into his luggage. 

Reaching for the hotel phone, he dialed the counter. "Help me order the earliest flight to America, and I want to check out."

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

189K 4K 54
- Now his face was inches away from me as his breathe fanned my lips "I am sorry for this forgive me" he whispered softly in my ears Before I could...
26.3K 2.5K 77
Have you ever sunk so low that you actually felt relieved, knowing that it couldn't possibly get any worse? Well, I have... Many times. I lost ever...
29.9K 1.2K 34
"Am I annoying? Wait. Why am I even asking? Everyone knows I'm annoyingly talkative but what to do, this is me." **** He stood alone but with confide...
12.3M 449K 62
"Feel that?" He asked, keeping her hand still. "That's what you do to me. Every time I see you. Every time I hear you laugh. Every time I think of yo...