And I'd Do It Again

By NeneJPhilly

Mercedes Jones is a college freshman just trying to survive her first year of university but when her childho... More

In the Beginning
Thanks Shall Be Givin
It Feels a Lot Like Slapsgiving
Going Back to the Beginning
Lust is Your New Best Friend
What's Your Truth?
Laying Foundation
First Date Jitters
Operation: Quick Part I
Operation: Quick Part II
Cheater, Cheater, Pumpkin Eater
The Prodigal Child Returns
Backpacking Across Europe but Not Really
Trial Separation
Shop Around
Graduates Please Stand Up
Shh! We're Hunting Apartments
This is Our Breakup Song
Mi Familia
Dance Party
Days are Just Pages on a Calendar
Kung Fu Fighting
Smashing Glasses
Lake Day Part I
Lake Day Part II
Not Interchangeable
Double Dating
Everybody Talks
Martie: Boo Thang and RT
Realizations
Dinner
Love is for Suckas Part I
Love is for Suckas Part II
Wallowing
Birthday Song
The Storm & the Aftermath
Can We Talk?
Friday is Funday
The Magic's All Run Out
Try, Try Again
Picture Day
We're Moving On Up
In Your Darkest Nights
We Can't Stop
About Last Friday Night
Graduation
Family Togetherness
Maddie Day
We Bought a Zoo
Camera Ready
She Knows
Goldfish Part I
Hang On, We're Going Home
In the End

Goldfish Part II

33 2 0
By NeneJPhilly

Marcy leaned over to Finn while the girls were singing and dancing. "Look at Tina. She's so graceful and beautiful."

"Yeah, she's really good." Finn whispered back.

"Just imagine that in bed."

His eyes widened and he turned to look at her but she was staring at the talented Asian. "Marcy! I can't believe you said that!"

"What? It's true. Dancers make the best lovers. Plus she's sweet and kind. So she'd be a patient and generous lover. And she's not a virgin so she knows what she's doing and what can please a man and tell a man how to please her."

He flushed badly and turned to make sure no one was listening to them. "I can't believe you're looking at her like that."

"I size up everybody I meet. Like you. You're adorable, you're sweet and kind. You'd make a great boyfriend for somebody like Tina. She won't cheat on you or belittle you. She won't push you to the background, she'd choose you over her dreams and she won't play games."

Finn nodded slowly. He could agree to all of that but wait! He shook his head. "I can't go out with Tina!"

"Why not? Is she not pretty enough?"

"Well yeah." He blushed with a watery smile.

"Is she not talented enough?"

"She's very talented."

"Is she not driven enough? I heard she got into Brown."

"Yeah, she is. That's a good school."

"So what? You want some mean spirited girl or a high strung girl?"

"No." He shook his head. "I've been with both and it's exhausting."

"Tina's genuine and free with who she is. You will never have to play mind games with her. You won't have to worry about being in trouble with her 24/7. She will accept you the way you are."

Finn nodded slowly, the idea taking root in his head. "I wasn't really looking for a girlfriend."

"Don't think of her as your girlfriend yet. Just take it day by day. I bet if you play your cards right, by the time you come back for your ten year reunion, you'll be married with kids." She smirked.

Finn had always wanted to be married and he'd wanted kids since Beth. "Do you think she'd want to get married and have kids?"

"Definitely. Mikey said they talked about it all the time."

"Wait. What about Mike? Do you think he'd be mad?"

"He can't get mad. He's with her best friend and your ex. Plus he's not like that. He'd be happy for you guys."

"So you think I should ask her out?"

"Start small. We're going to the festival after this. Puck and his siblings are coming, too. Why don't you ask her to come along? You'll be with friends so it'll be no pressure but you can disappear together whenever you want."

Finn grinned and nodded, watching Tina's alit face as the song drew to a close. "Totally."

Everyone clapped as the trio went to sit down.

Rachel and Kurt stood up. "We'd like to sing but only if Mercedes sings with us."

"Oh crap!" Finn hissed. "What about Rachel?!"

"I got your back." Marcy patted his hand. "If I can find her another boy to focus on, will you go for Tina with everything you got?"

"I think I can. I really like Tina and she's a good person. Beautiful inside and out. I'm going for it!"

Mercedes went up front. "Can I sing, Marcy?"

"Sing your heart out." Marcy raised a thumb.

Kurt and Rachel beamed. "This is called Defying Gravity."

M&MC

Marcy got up. "I want to sit by Tina."

Finn blushed. "Marcy!"

"I'm not going to tell her. Hush!"

Finn hid his face. "Please don't!"

"I won't." She took Mally by the hand and led him over to Tina. "Everybody scoot down one. Please."

Everyone in the second row sat one over.

"Thank you." She sat next to Tina and pulled Mally onto her lap.

Mr. Shue chuckled. "Are you set?"

"Yes. Go on." She smiled.

"Okay! Who else wants to go up?"

"I do." Sam pulled Blaine up. "We have a song that I think you're going to like."

Once they started singing, Tina leaned over. "I saw you and Finn talking."

"You're a gossip to your heart." Marcy teased. Tina flushed. "We were talking about you."

Tina's eyes widened. "Me?!"

"Yeah. But you don't want to talk about that."

"Yes, I do. What'd you guys say?"

"It wasn't me really. He was just singing your praises."

She burned and looked down at Finn, who was already looking and burned himself. "Why?"

"Nothing. I was just talking about Mikey and Mercy and he got stars in his eyes and began talking about you."

"Really?" She lit up. Then eyed her suspiciously. "What about Mike and Mercedes?"

"Nothing. Well, something. Have you noticed anything strange about them recently?"

She looked back at the two, who were sitting together in the back row. Mercedes was blushing and Mike was staring at her. Tina turned back to Marcy. "Now. What's going on with them? They look how I used to look at Mike and how Cedes was with Sam last year."

"I don't know. I think all this talk of me and Jr. and Laura and Marc has got them thinking about each other."

Tina's eyes grew bigger. "No way!"

"I think so. But they wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"Hurt me?" Tina looked back to the duo again and stared hard. "I always thought we'd get back together though."

"What about Finn? He's just as sweet as Mikey. He might can't dance but he's a drummer and who doesn't like those? Are you worried about Rachel?"

Tina's mouth fell open. "No!"

"I'd understand. They were together for a long time. He was with her even when he loved Quinn and you know how that went. They had something that is hard to top. I think you can do it but what do I know?"

"I've had my own love affairs. I can do splendid love." Tina was offended.

"I think you can. In fact I can see you and Finn married with kids but once again; what do I know?"

"You can see us with kids?" Tina alit with hope.

"Well yeah. Quinn told me how sweet he was about Beth when he thought she was his. Even now Mercy told me he still calls her Drizzle."

Tina's heart melted and she looked at Finn fondly. "I've always wanted to get married and have children. Just like my parents. You know they had me when they were 18."

"I think you can have that with Finn." Marcy shrugged.

Tina turned back. "You really think they want to be together?"

"Who?" Marcy knew who. "Mikey and Mercy? That's just what I see. Can't you?"

Tina looked at them again and sighed. "I guess it wouldn't hurt. Especially since they love each other already. But they're brother and sister. That's so gross."

"Don't you want me and Mal together?"

"Oh yeah." Tina grinned sheepishly. She looked at Mally. "Their babies would look like him!"

Mally noticed she was looking at him and smiled.

She stroked his soft cheek. "Do you think they'll name me godmother?"

"After all of us, yes."

"Okay. I'm cool with them dating."

"I think you should tell them."

"I will. I can call Mercedes tonight."

"I'm not supposed to tell you this but Finn is going to ask you to come to the festival with us. Are you going to accept?"

Tina grew excited. "Yes!"

Marcy chuckled. "Shhh!"

Tina looked around and lowered her voice. "Yes, I am!"

"And if you want, I can tell you a secret that will put you over the top."

"I won't tell a soul!" Tina lied.

Marcy hid a grin. "Mercy and Finn used to date." She clapped a hand over Tina's mouth just as she screamed. "Nothing to see here! She just thought she saw a mouse!"

"A mouse?!" Sam moved three steps over.

Rachel lifted her feet. "I hate mice!"

"I knew this school was nasty!" Kitty shook her head.

"Well she didn't see a mouse. It was probably a dark spot in front of her vision." Marcy let Tina go.

Tina nodded. "I just looked too fast."

"Are you sure, Tina?!" Rachel refused to put her feet down for less.

"Yes!" Tina snapped. She rolled her eyes and said to Marcy in a whisper, "Finn's going to be in for a treat with me."

Marcy chewed on her bottom lip to not laugh. "Go back to singing, guys. You sounded really great."

"Can we start over?" Blaine asked. "I can't remember where we stopped."

"Of course." Mr. Shue nodded.

They began singing again and Tina turned to Marcy. "Thanks for the save."

"No problem." Marcy tickled Mally.

"So Mercedes and Finn? Really?"

"Yeah. Their freshman year."

"She's getting my old boyfriend and I'm getting hers. Sounds fair."

Marcy shrugged. "You really just have to look out for Rachel."

Tina scoffed. "Please! I can handle her!"

M&MC

Marcy stood up. "Alright, I gotta piss. Someone should show me where the bathroom is. Kitty."

Kitty frowned. "What?"

"Show me the bathroom. Mal, give me my daughter. She probably has a full diaper." Marcy picked up the diaper bag.

"I can show you-" Tina stopped as Marcy stared her down. "Nevermind."

"Tina can show you." Kitty crossed her arms.

"I didn't ask Tina." Marcy put Mally down so he could walk.

"You're not even asking me."

"Is it necessary?"

"Not really but-"

"Then get up. My bladder's full."

Kitty groaned and got up. Marcy followed behind with the twins. Kitty left the room and walked around until she found the bathroom. "Here it is."

"Where are you going?" Marcy pushed open the door. "I need you to get back."

Kitty rolled her eyes and went inside to wait.

Marcy went to the bathroom quickly then came to wash herself before picking Mally up to place him on the connected sinks. "Look, I know you don't like me and I'm in the unique position to not give a damn but I have to be upfront with you."

"About what?" Kitty couldn't help but watch her change Mally's diaper as if she were doing just about anything else.

"I kissed your man. At my party?"

Kitty's brows moved together. "Oh really?!"

"Yeah. We were pretty drunk but it's no excuse."

Kitty glared at her as she finished up and put Mally down to throw away the diaper before picking Mickey up to retrace her steps. "Why did you tell me?"

"Because I figured he wouldn't. He told me all about your arrangement. How you were supposed to break up after graduation but he told me you were still together. I thought you deserved to know."

"You have a weird set of morals."

"Don't I know it." Marcy shook her head.

Kitty thought about it. "What would you do?"

"I'd dump his ass and go for that Ryder kid."

Kitty flushed. "What? Why?"

"He's cute, sweet and he really doesn't talk a lot. Silence is golden, babe."

Kitty wanted to admit something but was unsure if she should. "I already asked him out earlier this year. He turned me down."

"Has he lost his mind?!" Marcy looked to her sharply.

Kitty flushed. "He wanted to be with someone else."

"He has a girlfriend?"

"Oh. No. He was catfished."

"What?"

"Catfished. You know like the TV show?"

Marcy stared at her blankly.

"You've never watched Catfish?" Kitty was in shock. "I love that show!"

"What's it about?"

"People meet other people on the Internet but they're lying about who they are and they get caught in the act. It's amazing."

The bullshit they put on TV... Marcy blinked. "Cool. So he was taken advantage of?"

"Yeah." Kitty grew quiet at realizing that's exactly what happened. "He did."

"I know what that's like." Marcy said pensively.

"How do you know?" Kitty folded her arms across her chest. "You say you've done all these things but I don't think you have."

"I was at a convent." Marcy knew she was going to have to share and regretted every second of it.

"A convent? Yeah, right. Why?"

"Guess."

Kitty looked down at Mally, who was hugging his mom's legs. "Them?"

"You'd have to take that up with my parents."

"What does a convent have to do with you being taken advantage of?"

"Remember when it was said that I had sex with someone and they went to jail for it?"

"But only like really old people are at convents. Right?" Kitty blanched.

"No. There were three priests." Marcy stopped. Talking about it made her feel like scum.

"Priests? Priest priests?" Kitty couldn't believe it.

"They're not all old." Not that that would have made a difference...

Kitty swallowed hard. "I was at a friend's house."

"You don't have to tell me." Marcy didn't want her to bring up anything that would make her feel bad.

"It was her brother." Kitty went on. "No one believed me. That's why I came here."

"Your parents believed you, right?"

"They were the only ones."

"As long as your family is in your corner, you don't need anyone else."

"Yeah. I guess you're right." Kitty watched as she finished up with Mickey. "You're really good at that."

"Changing diapers? It's not hard." Marcy fixed Mickey's dress and leggings before putting her on her feet and throwing away the pamper.

"All of it. Kind of hard to see you as a mom but I would never touch a dirty diaper." Kitty shuddered.

"You must not plan on having kids."

"I plan on having a nanny."

"Nannies aren't all they're cracked up to be. They shouldn't be replacements for parents."

"You guys grew up with nannies."

"Yup." Marcy washed her hands again.

"You really think I should dump Artie?" Kitty watched her in the mirror.

"Before he dumps you." Marcy dried her hands but kept the paper towel to open the door. "We have some stuff in common and I think pride is one. It's bad enough he cheated on you but to dump you first is cruel."

Kitty walked behind her as she held the door open. "He's not going to dump me when he kissed you!"

"I coulda kissed him." Marcy pointed out.

"I'm willing to bet that he didn't even try to stop you if you did."

Marcy shrugged. She didn't remember. She threw away the paper towel in the first trashcan she saw.

"But what about Ryder? He already turned me down." Kitty played with her hands.

"Leave him to me. It's the least I can do for planting one on your man."

"Yeah. You owe me."

Marcy rolled her eyes while Kitty wasn't looking. They walked back inside. "What did we miss?"

M&MC

"Why is Marcy playing musical chairs?" Mercedes stared at her sister, who was sitting next to a blushing Ryder now.

"She's up to something." Mike knew. "She always is."

"And why is T spending her time looking at us then at Finn?"

Mike started. "She is?"

Mercedes facepalmed. "Yes, she is."

"Wow. I don't know." He shrugged lightly.

"I wonder what her plan is to get T okay with us? I mean that is what she meant in that classroom, isn't it?"

"You want me to dare to claim to know what Marcy means?"

She smiled. "You know you know her better than anybody."

"I think Mal would object to that. Hell, Rou would object to that."

"Rou's not here and Mal's her soulmate. He doesn't count."

"I think you know her quite a bit." He elbowed her gently.

"Not like you." She teased. "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you two were soulmates."

"Are you jealous?" He grinned.

She clapped a hand over her mouth so she wouldn't laugh out loud. She nodded and moved her hand. "Yes! I'm so jealous!"

"Quit flirting, you two!" Quinn leaned over. "Tina's going to see."

"Who's flirting?" Mercedes giggled low.

Quinn poked her. "Everyone can see you glowing."

Mercedes slapped her hand. "Hush!"

"Mikey and Mercy sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"What are you? four?" Mike stared at her.

"Especially when you're so kissy faced with your boyfriend!" Mercedes humphed.

Quinn blushed and looked at Puck. "I am not."

He noticed her looking at him and winked.

Quinn giggled.

"Gross." Mike pulled a face.

Quinn glared at him. "You're so unromantic!"

"Really?! You wanna go there?!"

"Please be quiet!" Mercedes shushed them both. "Stop it, Quinn! You know how upset he gets!"

Quinn sat back with her head held high. "Humph!"

"Is there something I need to be aware of?" Puck leaned over.

"Your girlfriend's about to get spanked!" Mike snapped.

"Can I watch?"

Quinn hit his shoulder. "Puck!"

Mercedes hid her face as Puck tried to high-five Mike. Why did she even try?

M&MC

Marcy smirked to herself. Getting Ryder to agree to asking out Kitty was easier than she thought. She barely said anything and he began talking about how Kitty had been trying to look out for him and he blew her off.

All in all, it was a good (boring) conversation. But now she needed to start another one. She got up while Quinn, Brittany and Santana were going on to sing and dance.

She stood in front of Rachel and Kurt. "Would you move down one, Kurt?"

Kurt was shocked but he moved. "You want to sit with us?"

"Sure." She sat down, crossed her legs and rearranged Mally on her lap.

"He's really cute." Kurt looked down at the little boy.

"Thank you."

Kurt wanted to talk to her but didn't know how to start.

But Rachel did. She stuck her hand out. "Hi, my name is Rachel. I don't believe we've been properly introduced."

Marcy looked at her for the longest time before nodding. "Marcy."

Rachel faltered. "With Quinn for a sister, you probably haven't heard too many good things about me."

Not just Quinn... Marcy lifted a shoulder. "Can't believe everything you hear."

Rachel beamed. "Mercedes has talked about you on a few occasions."

Marcy smiled. So Mercedes was telling the truth when she said she never forgot about her.

"She said you loved Broadway."

"I enjoy theatre, yes."

Encouraged, Rachel went on. "I'm starring in a revival of Funny Girl."

Marcy nodded.

"I'm going to send Mercedes a ticket on opening night. Would you like one?"

"I don't want to take a ticket from a paying customer." Meaning she didn't want one.

"Oh, it's no trouble! I can give out as many as I want."

"Thank you." Marcy was still trying to figure out a way to bring up her topic when it hit her. "Who all are you inviting?"

"Everyone that graduated from glee. Your brother and sisters, Puck, Finn of course, Brittany and Santana and Artie, Blaine, Tina, Sam. And now you."

"What about Matt?"

"Matt? Matt Rutherford? You know him?"

"He was my brother's best friend."

Rachel nodded. That made sense. "Um... I don't think so."

"Why not? Wasn't he your friend, too?"

"Well yes but-"

"But what? Shouldn't he be glad you're living your dream?"

"I guess so." Rachel had never thought about it.

"And I heard that he's single."

Rachel blushed. "What?"

"Matt. He's a cute, single guy living in New York."

"Wait! He's living in New York?!"

"Yeah. No one told you? He goes to NYU."

Rachel felt left out. "Nobody told me."

"Rude. But I guess it makes sense..."

"Why?"

"I was talking with some people and I thought you would make a cute couple but they said you wouldn't. Especially Finn."

"Finn?!" Rachel looked to the tall man, who was looking at Tina. "He said I wouldn't make a good couple with Matt? It was with Matt, right?"

"Yes, it was with Matt and yes, it was Finn. He thinks you're not over him."

Rachel knew that was partly true but she was still offended. "Excuse me?!"

"I said you'd complement each other and some people, not to name any names (Tina), said that you were all wrong for Matt. That Matt was going places and that you'd drag him down. Those weren't her words. Those were nicer."

Rachel glared at Tina. "If I wanted Matt, I could get him."

"That's what I said but you know Quinn."

Rachel scoffed in hurt. "I thought we were closer now?"

"You are."

Rachel folded her arms. "Matt's cute. I'm cute. Right?"

Marcy nodded. "Sho nuff."

"What?"

"Right."

"He's going places. I'm on freaking Broadway! We have history and we both have talent." Rachel crossed her arms angrily and silently fumed. "I'm looking him up when I get back to New York."

"I have his number." Marcy was usually against giving out other people's numbers but this was an emergency.

"Can I have it?" Rachel sat up.

"I don't know. What if you don't get along?"

"We will! We will!"

"Will you name your first child after me?"

"What if it's a boy?"

"Tyler."

"Tyler?"

"My last name's Taylor-Jones. Name him Tyler."

"Would you be okay with a middle name for a girl? I always wanted to name my daughter after the greatest singer-"

"Barbra Streisand?"

Rachel squealed. "Yes! You love her, too?!"

"Sure." Not love.

"Can I hug you?"

"No."

Rachel pouted. "Okay. But I know we're going to be good friends."

Marcy simply blinked.

"You girls did amazing!" Mr. Shue clapped as the Unholy Trinity posed. "Who's next?"

"Mr. Shue, can I go?" Marcy raised her hand.

"Sure!"

"Do you need backup?" Kurt asked.

"No thank you." Marcy stood up and went to the front of the room. She put Mally down before informing the band of the song she wanted.

They started playing and she sang Up! by Shania Twain to basically Mally. At the end, she covered his face in kisses as he giggled.

Sam's jaw was on the floor. "You did Shania!"

"Yes, I did." Marcy knew who she was sitting next to next.

"I love you!"

She laughed. "Shania is queen."

"No! What's that song you used to sing from that one album of hers?!" Mercedes snapped her fingers. "It was so pretty and you sung it constantly!"

"I don't think it was constantly." Marcy pouted.

"Yes, it was." Quinn said.

"Shut up, Cowlick."

Puck and Mal fell out laughing.

Quinn hit both. "Menace!"

Marcy stuck her tongue out. "Cheater."

Quinn screeched.

"Girls, calm down." Mr. Shue didn't want fighting on the last day. "Good job, Marcy. You did great. Who's next?"

Marcy stuck her nose in the air and went to sit on Sam's lap.

"What are you doing?" Mal hissed nearly silently in jealousy.

"I'm sitting down. What are you doing?"

"Why are you on his lap? There's plenty of chairs."

"Not by him." She pointed out.

"You don't have to sit next to him."

"I don't have to do anything. Like so many things I do, I want to."

He reached for her but she leaned back. "Sit in a chair!"

"Make me!"

Santana, who was shamelessly eavesdropping, snickered.

Sam was pretending he couldn't hear but he couldn't help but smile (to keep from laughing).

"Don't make me come over there!" Mal threatened.

"I'm not scared of you." Marcy sassed.

"One."

"There's no chair over here."

"Two."

"You're so unreasonable!"

"Three!"

Marcy sighed and rolled her eyes. "Can you sit one down, Santana?"

"I don't want to." Santana swung her crossed leg. "I like where I am just fine."

"Please?" Mal begged.

"You really don't want her on his lap."

"No, I really do not."

She huffed. "Fine, Little Chang. For you."

"Thank you."

"You have to get everyone to move."

Mal turned to Brittany and asked her to move. Everyone in the second room scooted down one.

Santana moved over and Marcy sat in her seat. "Happy, Twitchy?"

"Don't call me Twitchy!" Mal roared.

Everyone looked at him like he was crazy.

Mike started laughing. "Twitchy's back?"

Mal punched him in his knee. "Shut up!"

"Mal, calm down!" Mercedes tried to soothe him. "You know they only call you that because you get so upset."

"I'm not twitchy." He sulked.

"Yes, you are." Marcy chewed on her top lip.

He bared his teeth at her. She stuck her tongue out.

"Stop it!" Mercedes cupped his chin. "The twins are watching you and they think your aggression is normal."

"He is aggressive, isn't he?" Marcy said.

"I'm going to get her, Mercy. I am. I really am." Mal looked at his big sister for help.

"Marcy, stop teasing him." Mercedes scolded.

"He's the one who's letting someone make him mad." Marcy barely cared.

"You know you're each other's hot buttons."

"I don't know what you're talking about." She tilted her head back.

"She's talking about how he can make you want to kill him in a few short words." Mike said helpfully.

"That's not true."

"Commitmentphobe." Mal spat.

"Okay, it's true."

"Just saying that word pissed you off?" Blaine asked.

"Fine. I'll leave his twitchy self alone." Marcy crossed her arms.

"Mercy!" Mal clenched his fists.

"Marcy!" Mercedes chastised.

"I said I'll leave him alone. He is alone. All alone." Marcy leaned on Sam.

"Thanks, bruja." Mal muttered.

"You're welcome, burro."

Artie, Brittany and Santana snickered.

"Shake on it." Mercedes ignored them all.

"I'm not touching him." Marcy refused.

"You've got no problem touching me when you're in the mood!" Mal bit off.

"I'm not in the mood!"

Mal put his hand on her thigh. She moved it and he put it right back.

"You get on my nerves!"

"Ditto!"

"Shake on it!" Mercedes yelled. "Or I'm telling Laura!"

Grumbling, they shook hands.

"Now hug it out." When they began to protest, she held up a hand.

They leaned across Santana to hug.

"Now kiss."

"Take my hand
Take my whole life, too
For I can't help
Falling in love
With you" Marcy sang. "No."

"You know you want to."

"No."

"Come on!"

"You were forever bitching about me being faithful. Now that I've got 24 hours under my belt, you want me to stray!"

"Fine! Be that way!"

Marcy leaned forward and kissed Mal's cheeks.

Mal kissed her nose. "Happy?"

"Enough." Mercedes sat back.

"Wow." Tina said in the ensuing quiet. "I can't believe you guys fight like that."

"That wasn't a fight. It was a disagreement."

"More BS from Laura." Mike hooked a thumb at Mercedes.

"Sounded like a fight to me." Artie stirred up trouble. "How did it start again?"

"I think she called him a name." Puck grinned.

"Stop it!" Mercedes hit Puck in the stomach with the back of her hand and glared at Artie. "Jake, sing."

"Ay, Ay, Ms. Lady!" Jake saluted and got started.

M&MCish

Marcy leaned on Sam. "Sammy."

Sam smiled. "My family calls me that."

"Sammy Boy."

"My dad calls me that."

"Sammy Whammy Boy."

"Nobody calls me that."

"Sammy."

"You're in a silly mood after such a fight."

"I never stay mad at Mal long." She shrugged.

"Is he still mad at you?"

"I don't care."

"Marcy!" He snickered.

"If he is, he'll get over it."

"So what's up? Or are you calling my name because you like it?"

"I do like it. It's sexy."

He blushed.

"But I think somebody will like it better than me."

"Somebody?"

"How would you like me to set you up?"

He flushed and shook his head. "No thanks. I'm staying away from girls for a while."

"That's perfect. By the time you visit us in Italy, she'll be ready for you." Meaning her boyfriend will be dumped...

"Who is it? One of your friends?"

"I wouldn't do you like that. It's one of my cousins." Which was worse...

His brows lifted. "Cousins?"

"Yeah. She's just like Mercy. A month older, just as sweet and she's a model."

He thought it over. "You sure she wouldn't mind? Mercy, I mean."

"She loves Natalia like a sister and she wants you to be happy. Nat could make you happy. Would you make her happy?" Marcy already knew he would do everything in his power to do so.

"Yes." He waited a beat. "Do you have a picture of her?"

"Sure." Marcy brought her phone out and found a picture of the Italian, French and African-American beauty.

Sam whistled low.

"Hot, right?"

He blushed. "She's very beautiful."

Girl. Marcy took her phone back. "She, Mercy, Quinn and London are very close. Natalia and Mercy are just alike in temperament while Quinn and London are. But they're all super close."

"Where is she? Natalie, right?"

"Natalia." She corrected. "She's in Italy."

"How can I date a girl in Italy and I'm here?"

"Long distance. There's the phone and Skype and visiting." She listed. "There's options. Besides who said it had to last? Kick it while you're visiting then break up when you go home. It'll be fun."

"How is that fun?"

"Ya know? I heard it as I said it. I meant the affair would be fun."

"Oh. Tell me more about her."

"Ask Mercy." Marcy hooked a thumb back, insuring that Sam looked back.

"Hey?" Sam frowned as he spoke in Marcy's ear. "Is something going on with her and Mike?"

"What?" Marcy looked back.

"That's so weird."

Marcy turned back to face front. "I can't believe you see it."

"See what?" He looked at her briefly before fixing his gaze on the whispering duo behind him.

"I think with all this stuff with me and Mal and then Laura and Marc, they might want to explore."

"That's so gross. They're brother and sister."

"So are the four of us." She pointed out.

He tilted his head. "You're right."

"I don't think they'll do anything until they know you're okay with it. They would never want to hurt you."

"Hurt me?" He chewed on his bottom lip. "Would it hurt me?"

"Only you know that."

He thought about it. "What if it's just curiosity?"

"What if it's true love?" Marcy shot back gently. "Whoa-oh, for the longest time."

"Do you always randomly sing?"

"You're avoiding the question."

"Aren't you?"

"Your question doesn't matter. And yes, I do."

Sam looked back at Mercedes and Mike again. "As long as they're happy, I guess I'm happy for them."

"They'd love it for you to tell them that."

"I'll call Mike later."

"Maybe that's a face to face conversation? We're going to the festival after this. Why don't you come with?"

"Okay. I'd like that. And thanks, Marcy. You're a good friend."

"I try."

M&MC

"Can you tell us about your party?" Marley asked. "Where was it? Who was there?"

"It was at a place and people were there." Marcy shrugged.

"Why don't you want to tell us?" Unique wanted to know.

"It was at a strip club!" Tina couldn't keep it to herself.

Gasps rang out. Marcy frowned. "Thanks, KF!"

"Sorry! I had to tell it!"

"You went to a strip club?" Kurt looked to Blaine then Finn.

Both blushed. "Well..."

"It wasn't just a strip club." Marcy was offended.

"Yeah. We also went to a party BT burned down." Artie chuckled.

"What?!"

"Oh yeah." Mal recalled. "You burned down a house."

"Shut up. You're lying. Tell me you're lying."

"Nope!" Puck laughed. "We had to get out of there pretty quick!"

"I don't believe you." She crossed her arms.

"You did, Marcy." Mike broke the news gently.

"First a bar fight now burning down a house?! Why didn't you guys stop me?!"

"It wasn't like you set the house on fire on purpose!" Mal sputtered indignantly.

"And that bar fight wasn't exactly your fault." Finn pointed out. "He tried to hit you first."

"And you broke him down like a cardboard box." Puck cracked.

"Is there anything else I need to be aware of?" Marcy huffed. "Did I do anything else?"

"You taught us how to smoke." Sam said.

"Smoke? How?"

"Your dads came with cigars." Blaine told her. "I still have mine."

"You smoked?!" Kurt looked at Finn.

Finn shrugged. "It got easier after a while."

"Yeah, that first puff nearly killed me." Puck was serious.

"It was fine." Santana waved a hand.

"Then why were you coughing?" Sam raised an eyebrow.

Santana snapped her teeth at him. "I wasn't used to it!"

"Neither were we!"

"Did Marcy and Rou show you the tricks they can do with smoke?" Mercedes asked.

"They did at the party." Puck said excitedly. "Nic was impressed and I think my moms was. I liked that dragon one Mini Mama did."

Marcy grinned. "I love that one."

"You can do tricks?" Sam wanted to see!

"Yeah. But the dragon trick only works with cigars."

"I've seen you do it with hookah!" Mike frowned.

"Oh yeah! But it's a little harder."

"What's hookah?" Sam asked.

"I don't rightly know." Marcy shrugged. "I just know it's something to get high off."

"It's a single or multi-stemmed instrument for vaporizing and smoking flavored tobacco or cannabis called shisha, whose vapor or smoke is passed through a water basin (often glass-based) before inhalation." Mike said.

"Wow." Sam blinked. "I can't believe you get high."

"Not a lot. Thankfully I don't have an addictive personality." Marcy shrugged. "I could quit everything today and that'd be it."

"Like you'd stop drinking." Quinn snorted.

"I could!"

"You like whiskey too much."

"I like whiskey just enough."

"I bet you couldn't go two days without drinking!"

"Easy money!"

"I get to pick the two days!"

"Whatever! Bring it on!"

"Alright then! Monday and Tuesday!"

"It's on!"

"I want to see this. I lost the last bet." Mike stretched. "I got to recoup my losses."

"Oh right. Pay up, you two. You lost." Marcy stuck her hand out.

"Lost what?" Quinn refused to give over a quarter until she knew the details.

Marcy switched to Swedish. "Artie was the first one to touch my butt. He spanked me."

"Dammit!" Mercedes and Quinn said in unison.

"Yup. So hand it over." Marcy said in English.

Both gave her twenty dollar bills with a long suffering sigh.

She put them in her pocket with a satisfied smile.

"Don't worry. I'll make it back when she loses Monday." Quinn told Mercedes.

"You guys gamble a lot." Marley noticed.

"Placing bets isn't really gambling. It's gateway gambling." Mercedes informed her.

Mike scoffed. "We're gamblers."

"We are not!"

"Yes, we are."

"Are not!"

"Are so!"

"Are not!"

"You know what? Why are we even fighting? I'm right."

Mercedes slapped his shoulder. He grinned and she rolled her eyes with a smile.

Marcy made eye contact with both Tina and Sam. "What time is it? I want to try an elephant ear."

"What does you trying an elephant ear have to do with the time?" Santana was super lost.

"She wants to leave." Brittany explained.

Santana just stared at her before shaking her head. "Whatever."

Mr. Shue chuckled. "Well we have time for one more song."

Quinn shot up. "Puck and I want to!"

Puck's brows rose. "We do?"

"Yes! We do!" She pulled him up.

"Whoo!" Mercedes clapped.

Quinn pulled Puck to the front of the room before telling the band of her choice. She came back and started singing.

Puck caught on. It was a good song for him vocally.

They sang Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess.

"Alright!" Mr. Shue stood up. "That was the last song of glee club. Have a good summer. I'll see you next year."

"Wait! I have an announcement!" Mercedes stood up. "We're going to the festival. Why don't you all come with us?"

"That'll be fun." Tina smiled. "I'm in. If Artie will give me a ride."

"Who says I'm going?" Artie lifted his nose in the air. Marcy threw a Graham cracker at the back of his head. "Yeah, I'm going."

"Can I ride with you?" Unique asked Marcy.

"Yeah, I got room." Marcy nodded.

"Can I ride with you, too?" Marley asked shyly.

"Sure."

"Okay, we're all going!" Mercedes was excited. "Let's go!"

Everyone began getting their things together to leave when Mr. Shue hugged Mercedes. "I'm going to miss you guys."

"We'll visit." She assured him.

"I never thought I'd never see you again." He hugged Quinn.

"Well you don't have to. Bring your wife to the festival."

"That's a good idea." He hugged Mike.

"You'll see us again, Mr. Shue and we'll miss you, too."

"Where is this festival?" Artie demanded.

"Just follow Marcy." Mercedes picked up Mally.

Marcy wrapped Mike's hoodie around her waist and took Mal's hand after he gave Mickey to Mike. "Come on. I really want that elephant ear."

"So we're trying things this year?" Quinn asked.

"Oh yeah. And it's going to be glorious."

M&MC

Maddie pointed to her missing siblings. "There they go!"

"With a lot of people." Laura noted with a low whistle.

"Can't wait to see them explain that." Marc grinned. Then he noticed Marcy wasn't wearing the sweater. "Hey! Is she naked out here?!"

"Marc, give it up." Laura advised.

The group made it to the trio. "Hey."

"You're not wearing the hoodie!" Marc accused.

"It's hot! I'm not wearing a thick black hoodie!" Marcy returned.

"Why didn't you go home and change first then?!"

"I didn't want to! I put these clothes on for a reason!"

"Yeah! You didn't have any others!"

"And I'm sticking to it!"

"That makes no sense! You washed clothes before going to glee!"

"And what were you doing when we went to glee?!"

"What?!"

"You heard me! Why were you late picking up Maddie?!"

He glared at her. "Just keep that thing around your waist!"

Artie snickered.

"Why are they here?" Maddie demanded.

Marcy pointed to Mercedes.

Mercedes kissed her teeth. "I thought they'd like the festival."

"They can't be by us." Maddie proclaimed.

"Maddie!"

"It's supposed to be us!"

"What about us?" Puck teased as he hooked a thumb at Jake and Nic.

"You're family." She dismissed them.

"Why don't you like us, Maddie?" Artie asked.

"You're always in the way of me and my siblings!" She had no problem telling him.

"We don't want to interrupt brother/sister time." Brittany said. "We just like them, too."

"Well you can't have them! They're mine!"

"Maddie!" Mercedes scolded.

Maddie buried her face in Quinn's chest.

"How about we just split up?" Finn suggested. "If we run into each other, cool. If not, okay."

"Thanks, Finn." Mercedes patted his arm.

The McKinley kids left.

"They're gone now." Quinn rubbed Maddie's back.

She moved her face so she could speak. "Really?"

"Really, Tantrum." Marcy mocked.

Maddie ignored her. "Let's go get corndogs."

M&MC

Mercedes looked around and noticed she was by herself. She shrugged and went to get something to drink.

Tina waved from a stand. "Hey! Maddie's not around, is she?"

"I don't see her. So how are you? Having fun?"

"Yeah! I can't believe I've never been here before!" Tina sipped from her drink. "Are you having fun?"

"Yeah! Until they left me!" She ordered a drink. "What are you doing now?"

"Just looking at everything." Tina looked at her. "Can we talk?"

"Sure."

"What do you think about Mike?"

Mercedes looked at her with a frown. "What?!"

"What do you think about Mike?"

"I don't know. He's one of the best people I know. He's one of the best big brothers ever."

"What about as a man?"

"A man? T, what are you talking about?"

"I'm just saying if you wanted to explore, I would support you."

"Explore the festival?"

"No. No. Explore things with Mike."

"Are you saying you want me to date Mikey?" Mercedes was dumbfounded.

"Don't you want to?" Tina elbowed her gently.

Mercedes blushed.

Tina laughed. "You guys are cute together. I already know your kids will be adorable."

Mercedes smiled through her intensified blush. "You've got us married with kids?!"

"They'll look just like the twins!"

Mercedes laughed. "I guess they would. What brought this on?"

Tina linked arms with her. "What do you think of Finn and me?"

"Um... I don't know. Did you ride on a ride together?" Mercedes made sure they didn't bump into anyone.

"About us romantically."

Mercedes' eyes widened. "You and Finn?! Oh my goodness! You lie! Tell me everything!"

M&MC

"Artie, we need to talk." Kitty found Artie playing a game with Blaine and Sam. She beckoned him to follow her. She moved to a semi secluded area and faced him. "I know what you did at the party."

Artie blinked, at first confused then it dawned on him. "You do?"

"Marcy told me."

His jaw dropped. "Boo Thang dimed me out?!"

"She said she figured you wouldn't tell me and I think she was right."

His mouth worked but he didn't know what to say.

"This was never going to last anyway. You're going off to college and I'm going to be a junior. We're going in two separate circles. So I'm going to have to let you go."

"Let me go?"

"I'm dumping you." She said plainly.

"Wow."

"For Ryder."

"For Ryder?!"

"Yes. We just have way more things in common."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

"No hard feelings?"

He looked at her baldly but the truth was; he didn't have any hard feelings. "Yeah, we're cool."

She leaned over and kissed his cheek. She smiled at him then flounced off to where Ryder was waiting on her.

Artie rolled himself to where his friends were.

"What's up?" Sam asked as he tried a version of Whack-a-Mole.

"What was that about?" Blaine paid him more attention.

"Kitty just dumped me." Artie said.

Both Sam and Blaine looked at him. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. She's dating Ryder now. Apparently Boo Thang told her I cheated on her."

"There's Marcy now. Ask her."

Artie leaned back and whistled sharply. "Boo Thang!"

Marcy walked over with Mickey. "What's up?"

Sam picked up Mickey and handed her the mallet.

"You told Kitty I slept with Satan." Artie accused.

"What?!" Marcy was taken aback until she remembered the conversation she'd had with Kitty. "I told her I kissed you, dumbass."

Artie's mouth fell open. "What?"

"I don't snitch." Marcy was offended. "You really thought I'd tell on you?"

"My bad. So what do I do now?"

"About what?"

"About Satan."

"Tell her you did your job. It's her turn to pony up."

M&MC

Mike got off the Tilt-a-Whirl and rubbed his stomach. He shouldn't have gone right after eating.

Sam clapped him up the back. "Hey!"

"What's up?" Mike tried to keep his food down.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Sure." Mike stumbled to a table and sat down. "What's going on?"

"It's about you and Mercy."

"What about us?" Mike's stomach rumbled.

"I think you should ask her out."

Mike's brows moved. "What?"

"I think you should ask her out."

Mike was stuck. "What? Why?"

"I see the way you look at each other. You'd make a good couple. I can't imagine anyone better for her to date after me."

Mike felt like someone was playing a joke on him. "Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"And you'd just be okay with it?"

"Yep. Plus Marcy said she'd hook me up with your cousin, Natalia."

Mike thought it over. "That'd be a good fit." Besides her boyfriend.

Sam beamed. "Tell me about her."

M&MC

Jake pulled Marley over to a picnic table. "They're about to try deep fried Oreos."

"Okay." She went willingly.

Jake stopped at the table housing the Fabangeses and his siblings. "Go, guys! Go!"

In the middle of the table were three paper boats containing three deep fried Oreos each. Marc, Laura and Maddie grabbed an Oreo from a boat, Mike, Mercedes and Quinn from another and Mal and Marcy from the last, splitting the last Oreo for the twins.

They each took a bite.

"This is kind of good." Quinn chewed slowly.

"This is sweet as hell." Marcy licked her teeth.

"We cannot eat another one of these." Laura looked at the remaining cookie in her hand.

"Do you like it?" Nic asked.

"It's pretty good." Mike ate the rest of his.

"Yeah, I like it." Marc said.

"I'ma die..." Mal said out of nowhere.

"That's not funny. We need to get some veggies in you." Mercedes pointed at him.

"I don't want vegetables! I want meat!"

"I saw a five pound burger." Marcy said.

"We should get that!" Maddie said excitedly. "I want meat!"

Laura sighed. "Fine. We'll get the five pound burger. But don't complain about tummyaches after."

"I want a five pound burger!" Nic announced.

"I don't think so, Runt." Puck shook his head. "They're ten people eating a five pound burger. It's just three of us."

"Well can I have a normal burger?"

"Sure."

"Yes!"

M&MC

Brittany excitedly gathered up all her friends. "They're about to go on! I heard them say so!"

"Who's about to go on, Britt?" Artie locked his brakes beside the bleachers as the others sat down.

"Mercedes and her family. Don't you see them?" She pointed to the wings of the stage.

"This better be good." Santana crossed her arms against her chest.

Someone walked across the stage and waved to applause. "It's my distinct pleasure to introduce the Fabangeses!"

They walked on stage, leaving the twins in the left wing. The crowd ate it up as they waved.

The music started and they began dancing to the beat. They stayed on stage for an hour singing such songs as Danity Kane's Damaged, Backstreet Boys' Get Down, New Kids on the Block's Remix and the Supremes' You Can't Hurry Love (Phil Collins' version).

They left the stage in the wake of thunderous applause. Minutes later, they found their friends in the audience. "What'd you think?"

"You should be a family band like the Jacksons or the Partridge family!" Brittany gushed.

"You were alright." Santana teased.

"Girl, we were fire!" Marc said.

"You guys were good. You sound really great together." Sam complimented.

"Thanks, Samantha." Marcy looked around. "I'm thirsty. Where can a girl get some agua?"

"After we get something to drink, we have to get on the Swirly Alligator." Maddie bossed.

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah." Marcy rolled her eyes.

"We have to. You haven't eaten in over an hour and you promised."

"Okay!" Quinn snapped. "We'll go!"

"Well come on! I'm thirsty, too." Maddie began pushing them away from the stage.

"She's a demanding thing, ain't she?" Artie snorted.

"It's cuz she's the youngest. My sister, Stacie is like that." Sam said.

"So is this one." Puck gestured to Nic, who was offended.

She punched his arm. "I don't like you! I'm going to go with them!" She ran off.

Puck got up slowly. "They can have her."

Jake snickered.

M&MC

Santana dragged Brittany over to where Marcy and Artie were painting watercolors. "We need to talk."

Artie and Marcy looked at each other before gazing at Santana. "Huh?"

Santana pushed Brittany to sit down and took a seat across from Artie. "We need to talk. I demand you break up with that cat."

"Hey, Britt? Want a churro?" Marcy started to get up but Santana pulled her down.

Artie narrowed his eyes at Santana. "Why should I?"

"Because I'm better. Obviously." Santana sucked her tongue and rolled her eyes.

"What am I getting out of this? You still have a girlfriend."

"You get me. And that's the best gift anyone can receive."

"Fine. Call your girl up right now."

"Oh no. Not before you dump yours."

"We're already done. So ante up."

"You're already broken up? Well I don't need to do anything."

"Look here, Demon-!"

"Just break up with Dani, San." Brittany huffed loudly.

"Why should I?" Santana tossed her head.

"Because if you don't, I'll set RT here up with one of my cousins." Marcy said. "One of my exotic, rich cousins."

Santana took her phone out, grumbling the entire time. "Hello? Dani. We need to talk."

Artie stared at her the entire time.

"I think we should see other people." Santana glared back. "No, it's nothing that you did. I just think we'd be better off separate. I don't think there's anything to talk over. I'm sorry you feel that way. Okay. Goodbye."

Artie merely lifted a brow.

Santana hung up and glared at him extra hard. "I hope you're happy! She hates me!"

"What do I care? I'm never gonna meet her."

Santana shot him a dirty look. "You're lucky you've already seen all this."

He literally couldn't care less and it showed on his face.

"So now what?"

"Are you kidding me?!" Marcy snapped. "You're worse than Marc and Laura! You're dating and this is your first date! Go make memories (and leave the rest of us the hell alone)!"

Brittany smiled. "Be happy together. I want that for the both of you."

Santana melted first. "Want a taco?"

"Come on, girl." Artie waved her on and patted his lap.

She got up and went to sit on his lap. He wheeled away to the taco stand.

Brittany took over painting his painting. "Yay us!"

Marcy chuckled.

M&MC

"This elephant ear is delicious." Mercedes licked her lips.

"It tastes better than it smells and it smells pretty good." Mike added.

"You know this is our first time being alone all day." She looked at all the lights coming on as the sky darkened.

"We'll have plenty of alone time in Italy." They walked a bit further before he turned to face her. "I had this weird conversation with Sam."

"Weird how? Was he telling you about Orcs?" She could see that.

"No." He chuckled. "He said he'd be okay if we started dating."

Mercedes looked at him in shock. "Oh my goodness, Tina told me the exact same thing!"

"You don't think-? It can't be a coincidence."

"I know she did something. I'm just glad it was in our favor." She raised her hand as if taking an oath.

"Then we should thank her."

"Free babysitting?"

"Like she's going to give up those kids! She's definitely a helicopter parent. Or at least her version of it."

She laughed. "We'll think of something."

"So do we just tell them we're dating or what?"

"Let's give it a few weeks so they'll think they did something."

He snuck a sugary kiss. "Love you."

She smiled. "Love you, too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 93 41
Puck finding his way and enjoying his life in L.A. after graduating from McKinley - along with unexpected roommates, romances, and revelations. Finn...
9.5K 421 80
Mercedes Jones is a normal 17 year old but her world is about to get turned upside down when not just one person falls for her but FOUR! What's a div...
971 123 35
Marcy Chang is in for the wildest year of her life... Do It Universe - Book 5 (Sequel "Are You My Father?" is out now!) Highest Ranking - #5 "Minke"...
10.1K 652 200
Continuing on from my first two glee oneshot books because they're full. Each chapter will be a different oneshot. The previous and next chapters are...