H2o just add water (We're mer...

By fanofeverything233

Scarlett Harris was your average 15 year old girl until she moves to the gold coast and starts school. She qu... More

Cast
Spark plugs and Mako island
We look like Mermaids.....
Spider-rikki here to save the day!
Barbie's throwing a party
Animal metaphors
No we turn into pumpkins.
The moment Daniel realizes...
Prune Juice and Sleepovers
I like you too...
AUTHORS NOTE

The poor turtles

943 30 4
By fanofeverything233

3rd person p.o.v

Scarlett decided to go for a swim in her pool because her mom was at work (she works at the local hospital doing night shifts).

While Scarlett was swimming she didn't notice that Lewis and Daniel were at Lewis' house and saw her peacefully floating in the water.

————
Lewis and Daniels p.o.v

Daniel was staring at Scarlett just floating. "Hey, I know you like her why don't you just tell her?" Lewis asked his best friend. "What pffttt I don't like Scarlett at all." Daniel tried denying.

Lewis just gave him 'the look' because he knows he does. "Alright fine, I give up, I do have a tiny little crush on her, but it will go away right?" He asked Lewis.

"Probably not dude, so good luck with that." Lewis said patting his back. "Let's go to the cafe, we can ask Scarlett to come along with us." Lewis told the brunette.

——————

Back to 3rd person p.o.v

Lewis and Daniel knocked on Scarletts door. "Come in the door is open!" Scarlett yelled from her room. "Uh before you come and murder me who is it" She yelled down thinking she invited random people in.

"It's your favourite Mr Hot shot and blondie!" Lewis yelled back up. "Okay I'll be done in a minute, you can come upstairs and wait in my room." She told the two boys.

The two boys walked down the hall and went into what they were guessing as Scarletts room.

"Wow this is a nice room" Daniel commented. "Thanks I decorated it myself" Scarlett said walking into her room. Daniel looked at her up and down (which she didn't notice but Lewis did) and thought that she looked amazing!

"Uhmmmm" Daniel started but got to nervous to talk so Lewis took over. "We were wondering if you wanted to come to the cafe with us, were meeting with Emma and Rikki."

"Uh yeah sure just let me put my shoes on."
"Alrighty lets go" She said then led them out of her house.

——————-

"You won't believe it, we timed ourselves and guess how long we can hold our breath for." Emma said when she saw Lewis, Daniel and Scarlett walking up to the table they were at.

"15 minuets!" Emma said then high fiving Rikki. "That's impressive" Lewis said.

"I could do it for longer with the right equipment." Daniel said shrugging. "Anyways it's still pretty cool." Scarlett said giving a small glare to Daniel.

"I could probably stay down for longer if I really tried." Emma told them proudly. "You're on!" Rikki said. "Oh you think you can beat me?" Rikki asked smirking.

"I know I can bring it on Em" Rikki said. "I would love to see this" Scarlett laughed. "You guys must just be jumping out of your skin about this." Lewis said excited that the girls were excited.

"Well three of us are." Emma said sadly. The five of them at the table saw Cleo walk up towards them.
"Hey Cleo guess what!" Lewis asked. "These guys can hold their breath for 15 minutes!" Daniel continued hitting the table with every word.

"Lewis shut up!" Scarlett yelled at him flicking his head. "What's going on?" Cleo asked innocently. "We've been ya know, swimming" Emma told the other brunette. "Like fish if you didn't realize what we were saying." Scarlett told her not realizing she made it 10 times worse for Cleo.

Ignoring Scarlett, Rikki and Emma kept talking. "It's the best thing, the reef is out of this world." Rikki said dreamily.

"That's great" Cleo said unenthusiastically. But she continued anyways. "So has anyone been able to finish that calculus homework, question 4 is a nightmare." Cleo tried steering the conversation away while Lewis nodded his head 'yes' while Scarlett and Daniel both nodded 'no'.

"We missed you this morning, why weren't you answering your phone?." Emma asked. "And the project on geography, that's due on Friday, we really need to get together on that one." Cleo tried diverting the conversation again.

"Listen Cleo, whatever has happened to us is amazing, you have got to come out with us the water is amazing." Scarlett tried convincing. "Look I didn't ask for any of this to happen to us. So stop bugging me out about it, ok!?" Cleo told the 5 clearly frustrated.

———————

Later on at school. After class Emma, Rikki and Scarlett walked out to meet Lewis and Daniel.

"You're bummed out right?" Rikki asked Lewis. "She's just taking a little time to- yeah she's bummed out." Lewis spoke. The five of them turned around to see Cleo on the staircase looking at them.

"I am pretty sure she doesn't want to talk about it or even mention it though." Daniel finished. "Forget it Lewis we can deal with it." Emma told him. "It's a girl thing." Scarlett said. "Like your period?" Daniel whispered to Scarlett and Rikki who both snorted. "Yeah sorta" Scarlett answered back making Daniel let out a little chuckle.

Emma, Rikki and Scarlett walked up the stairs to meet Cleo. "Cleo, about this mermaid business." Emma said. "There is more important things in life than seeing how long you can hold your breath for and frolicking with the dolphins." Cleo countered. "I don't frolic, I glide" Rikki interrupted.

"Whatever, it's not important, I don't wanna talk about it." Cleo said shrugging. "How can you even say that, this is probably the most amazing thing that has ever happened to us, probably the most amazing thing that has happened to anybody." Scarlett said getting fed up with Cleo dissing the whole mermaid thing.

"Well... what about the turtles?" Cleo asked. Scarlett and Rikki looked at her weirdly and Emma asked what she meant. "Apparently, a sea turtle got caught in a fishing net this morning, that's important." Cleo told them. Well more like Rikki and Scarlett since Cleo was staring them down.

"Oh my gosh I can't believe this!" Scarlett started. "You are such a hypocrite." She finished. "Why?" Cleo asked starting to get annoyed. "Because your dad is a fisherman, his nets are the ones catching the turtles." Rikki finished being fed up along with Scarlett.

"That's not true, my dad would never do that." Cleo defended. "Really?" Rikki and Scarlett said together. After that Cleo walked away from the 3 girls fed up with all the accusations towards her father.

—————

The next day Emma, Rikki and Scarlett were swimming just enjoying everything in the water. They suddenly came across netting with a turtle caught in it with no way out. Rikki swam up to the boat to grab a knife that was laying on the side of the boat. Rikki swam back under and started cutting the nets. The turtle got free right as the boat was bringing up the nets.

The girls all smiles at each other and swam off in the direction of the juice net.

When the three of them made it to the juice net the girls heard the announcer on the tv talking about a rogue shark that had torn through nets. "Hey guys what's going on." Cleo asked when she entered the cafe. "Hey Cleo your dad is on tv" Byron told her.

"I've fished these waters for a long time and there's only one thing that can cause damage like that. A huge rogue shark." Don Setori said to the news.

Emma, Rikki and Scarlett all looked down sadly not wanting to tell the brunette the truth. "Poor dad." Cleo said.

"I'm sorry to tell you this Cleo, but your dad didn't catch a shark. It was a turtle. We cut the net to set it free." Rikki whispered to Cleo. "No way, my dad wouldn't catch turtles." Cleo tried defending her dad again.

"It's true Cleo." Emma said. "I'm sorry Cleo." Scarlett said while she put her hand on Cleo's. Cleo then left and said she was going to confront her dad.

———-

Cleo's p.o.v

I was walking down the dock towards my dads boat to confront him about catching a turtle. "Cleo haven't seen you down here for ages, did you see me on tv? Did I look okay? How about that shark, eh?" My dad said.

"You don't really know what gets caught in your nets do you?" I asked him. "Is this about that turtle thing again?" He asked back. "Yes" I answered honestly. "Cleo, we use the right nets and we fish in the right places, it's the law and we don't break it." He told me.

"I'm really disappointed in you dad." I said to him and walked off of the boat. "Cleo!" My dad yelled but I kept walking. I walked by this guy that I think works for my dad.

—————

Don's p.o.v (Cleo's dad)

"Boss. Didn't know you were back." My new partner Eddie told me. "It staring to look like I shouldn't go away." I told him back. "Sorry I lost half the catch." Eddie said.

"Well no one can predict a shark attack, Eddie, not even me" I said. "The net was shredded." Eddie spoke. "Where is that net, Eddie." I asked him.

"I dumped it what's the point of keeping a wrecked net." Eddie answered.

——————

Back to 3rd person p.o.v

"He denied everything." Cleo told the other girls when she got back to the juice net. "It's really awful, I mean what can I say, 'I know your lying dad because my mermaid friends saw you fishing close to the nesting beach."

"He was using illegal fishing nets too." Scarlett said softly not knowing what Cleo's reaction was going to be. "It's true and they didn't have the grids in them." Emma told her. "This just gets worse and worse." Cleo said.

"Well to be honest we didn't actually see you dad." Rikki said. "But it was his boat right?" Cleo asked. The 3 other girls nodded.

"Hey at least he isn't a murderer." Scarlett joked trying to lighten the mood. Which didn't really help seeing as Cleo sent a glare and Emma and Rikki both just looked at her annoyed.

****************

A/N- pretty long chapter, sorry about that, but I hope you enjoyed that. Please vote and comment!

1705 words.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 293 15
Madeleine Hawkins is back with her mermaid and mermen pals. Here's to a new season of adventures with a secret that needs to be kept! Sequel to...
1.8K 29 27
This ship is popular on Tiktok in the h20 community. So I have decided to write Emma's and Rikki's love story. A untold story between the two. This s...
9.8K 160 10
In a normal day, 3 teenagers fall into a pool in a no-longer working volcano, which is mostly an island now, and watch as the water bubbles in the si...
326K 5.2K 41
Set 3 years after Graduation. They face new adventures. RikkixZane EmmaxAsh CleoxLewis BellaxWill and OC. Goes through their adult lives after high s...