The Shy Girl ✔

Par cat_lover_4life

' "Will you still love me when I'll be broken?" I mumbled as he slowly caressed my face. "Would you stop lov... Plus

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
Chapter 6
7
Chapter 8 - Don't judge a movie by its DVD cover.
Chapter 9- About That Night
Chapter 10 - The Halloween Party
Chapter 11 - Books and Coffee
Chapter 12- Bad boys read too.
Chapter 13- Getting punished for someone else's sins.
Chapter 14 - The Hospital
Chapter 15- Ice skating
Chapter 16- Date
Chapter 18 - He likes you
New Covers
Chapter 19- Happy Birthday to me
Chapter 20 - Nightmares and Cupcakes
Chapter 21 - The Anonymous
Chapter 22 - Shopping
Chapter 23 - The Winter Formal
Chapter 24- Here we go again
Chapter 25- Two strangers sharing the same memories
Chapter 26 - Confessions
Chapter 27- Messages From A Stranger
Chapter 28- Happy New Year
Chapter 29- Getting Back Home
Chapter 30 - Old Friends And Secrets Revealed
~ Aesthetics ~
Chapter 31- First Date As A Couple
Chapter 32- Camping
Bonus - Valentine's Day
~ Sequel ~
Editing- IMPORTANT
Chapter 33- One Hell Of A Trip
Chapter 34- Airplane mode
Chapter 35- Hola preciosa
Chapter 36- The Photo Of Truth
Chapter 37-Late Night Betrayal
Chapter 38- Unwanted Disneyland Trip
Chapter 39- Goodbye.
Sneak peak
Book 2: Chapter one- Jealousy.
Chapter 2- Forever Yours
Chapter 3- I Love You Most
Chapter 4- Skylar.
Skylar
Skylar

Chapter 17- The Betrayal

4K 176 42
Par cat_lover_4life

"Sometimes we need to get hurt to face what was right in front of us."

Emma's POV
(unedited)

"Adam?" I asked as I came closer.

He didn't move. He stood still, hands on his head and his elbows on his knees. If it weren't for his black hair I wouldn't have been abled to recognize him.

"ADAM!" I exclaimed, louder this time. His face formed into a frown as I took a step back. He was mad. His eyes held anger and lust in them.

"How was your fucking date with prince charming?" He asked while his eyes were focused on my outfit. My eyes couldn't find his. He was trying to hold back his anger by grabbing my blanket in his fist.

Why would he want to know how my date with Dylan go? It's not like he is my boyfriend or my brother. The darkness around him made the atmosphere feel a little scary. I moved past my backpack and sat down on the floor as I looked at Adam. Was I afraid? I don't know. I feel scared. Not for myself but for him.

"You know his name." I sighed as he got up, making me flinch. I wanted to look down, to make myself invisible but something made me stop. It was like my eyes stopped working.

"I don't like him." He stated with a frown as his hand turned into a fist. He took a step forward and my breathe stopped. He sat down, in front on me, on my carpet.

"Why not?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my chest. I'm not going to let him intimidate me like this.

"Because, he has you." He whispered with a low voice as his eyes looked away from mine. That voice showed sadness and frustration. His eyes held nothing but regret and realization.

"I'm not an item, Adam." I said with a small laugh trying to lighten up the mood but it seemed like I just made him more miserable.

"What's this all about?" I asked as I made my way to my bed. I sat down while looking at Adam.

"There's this girl..." He said with a small smile on his lips but then looked down at his hands as he sighed.

"A girl? Emily?" I asked with a frown. Don't get me wrong but, I don't exactly like her. He shook his head and got up from the carpet. I looked at him curious as he sat next to me. My eyes never lost his.

"No, this girl is the sweetest girl I've ever met. She is kind, makes stupid jokes, she laughs at almost anything and she always brightens up the mood. I can't stay without her." He said with a smile playing on his lips. Well, lucky girl.

"Wow, it must be a special girl then, who is she?" I asked, wanting too see if I know her. Well, goodluck mysterious girl, you're going to need it. Adam is a complicated boy. He never shows any emotions but when he does it kills him from the inside.

"You don't know her, she's not from our school." He sighed and looked down in disappointment. In laid down on my bed and focus my eyes to the ceiling. When I painted my room I painted small glow in the dark stars.

"Can I stay?" He suddenly asked. I yawned and thought of it for a while. Why would he want to stay? Wasn't he mad at me not a long time ago?

"Here?" I asked, sleepy.

"Yeah..." He said while looking down. Should I say no? Should I say yes? He feels lonely at the moment and well, he's annoying but I feel bad for him.

"I don't know..." I answered but he cut me off.

"I won't do anything, I promise." He said while playing with his hands. I laughed then shrugged as I thought about it once again.

"Fine, but you are sleeping on the couch." I said making my final decision. I got up and looked through my room to find a blanket and a pillow.

"Can I sleep here on the floor?" He asked as I looked at him confused then threw a blanket and a pillow at him.

"Ok?" I say while laying down on my bed. Why will he want to sleep on my floor? Maybe some questions aren't made to be answered. I'll just let him sleep there. Nothing bad can happen. I started feeling sleepy so I decided to call it a night.

"Goodnight, Adam." I said, half asleep.   For a few seconds the only sound I could here was the wind blowing outside.

"Goodnight hoodie girl." Said Adam with a calm voice. I closed my eyes feeling at peace with my actions.

Before I fell asleep I heard him say something but I think it was just my imagination or my lack of sleep.

"It's you."

******************************

When I woke up in the morning Adam was gone. The only evidence that was left was the folded blanket and on top of it there was my pillow. The window was open, telling me that he escaped my bedroom through the window. I got out of bed and as my feet touched the cold surface of the wooden floor I shivered. I never realized it until now that I was freezing. My feet got used to the floor as I got up and looked for something to put on. I spotted a black hoodie on my chair so I just picked it up and put it on. It was very oversized and the sleeves went over my hands as I looked down to see that this hoodie looked way oversized to be mine. If it's not mine...then?

That's when it hit me. How could I not spot it? It has his scent on it. It smells like mint and green trees. It's a very weird scent but it's specific to only one person that I know. Adam.

I did my morning routine while still wearing the hoodie as it kept me warm, not for any other reason. I brushed my hair as listened to Ariana Grande sing one of her new songs " Thank you, next" as I moved my hips to the soundtrack and hummed the lyrics.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

I got out of the house and texted Dylan and Skylar if we could grab a cup of coffee before school starts. Skylar told me, that she had basketball? Since when does she play basketball? And Dylan told me that he has guitar lessons.

When I got to school everyone was talking about The Winter Formal.  The winter formal is just a dance and an excuse to not have classes for a day.

I personally don't want to go because I don't really have a date. Skylar always gets over 20 invitations every year. She always rejects all of them just so that she could go with me.

That's sweet, but I always stay just an hour because it gets a little annoying just sitting in a chair and reading when everyone's dancing and laughing next to you.

I saw Skylar get out of the bathroom and before I called her name I saw Dylan get in her way. He had a worried look on his face and Skylar looked very upset. What's going on?

I shrugged it off and I just walked to my next class. I had a feeling that someone was watching me as I felt a cold stare rest on the back of my head.

"Hey there, princess." I shivered as someone whispered into my ear. They put their arms around my waist as I turned around, only to be inches away from, Adam. His dark look was resting on my eyes as I tried to stay focused and not get lost in his eyes.

"A-Again with the names? My n-name is Emma, not hoodie girl or princess." I said with less confidence that I imagined that I'll have in my mind. He let go of my waist and rolled his eyes as I continued walking to my next class.

"Sure thing, sunshine." He said, still smiling. How badly I wanted to make that smile disappear. His dimples were out as he started laughing. I looked him curious about what is so funny.

"You're wearing, my hoodie!" He said with a chuckle and put the hood over my head as I punched his shoulder lightly.

"Ugh, why do you have to be so annoying?" I say while rolling my eyes.

"I'm not." He said while crossing his arms over his chest.

"Yeah, you're not, whatever makes you sleep better at night." I said while shaking my head and laughed.

"So, how did you sleep?" He asks while looking into my eyes.

"Great, you?" I really slept last night.  I didn't have any nightmares so it was amazing.

"Good, see you in class." He said as he went to his locker.

"Yeah..." I whispered still looking at him.

******************************
Skylar's POV
(3 days ago)

It was Friday and I was talking with Anna, one of the girls that were in the basketball team.

"See you on Monday?" She said smiling.

"Yeah." I said, smiling back.

I was walking to my car that I my mom got me for my birthday when I saw a familiar car in the parking lot. It was Dylan's. I went to say hi but when I saw who was in the car with him i froze and i backed away to my car. I drove to my house still in shock. 

Dylan was kissing Alyson, Emma's sister. I can't believe it, how can he ask Emma on a date and then kiss her sister?!

*****************
Skylar's POV
(In the present)

I told Emma that I was going to I had basketball when she asked me if I could grab a coffee with her and Dylan.

The truth was  that I do have practice today but not before school. I couldn't face him without telling Emma what he did.

I got out of the bathroom when suddenly I was stopped in the hallway by Dylan.

"Please don't tell Emma." He said, looking worried.

"Tell her what? That you kissed her sister and then went on a date with her?" I whispered angrily.

"I will tell her, please just give me some time." I groaned angrily.

"Fine but you only have one week or else, I'll tell her." I said while rolling my eyes.

"Thank you." He said then entered his class. 

****************************

Hi guys, long chapter, hope you like it 💗

Vote, comment and follow 💜

Xoxo- Cat lover ❤

P.s. Ship names for Adam and Emma?

I'll go first: Emad ( don't come at me lmao that's the first thing I thought of, sorryyy)

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

51.5K 1.9K 32
He once told me no one knows the real him.I didn't think he meant it, and not in a good way. He is a straight A student, and everyone knows it, not t...
106K 2.1K 24
Dylan smashed his lips against mine. Slipping his tongue in, intertwining our tongues together. "Mmhm...ha...ha...s-stop" I said panting. He lifts my...
295K 7K 27
Megan attends college at Clemson University and she has a boyfriend, Christian, that she has been with since high school. She has the great best frie...
1.5M 35.6K 50
"I...I...was just....."I stuttered and he grabbed my jaws with his thumb and index finger,squeezing my cheeks. "Look at me when I'm talking to you."H...