Different (Currently Rewritin...

By bookswitharaceli

Cover by @Miss_Sarcastic27 (I'm currently rewriting this book, but I am keeping the original version up until... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Authors Note (Old Note)
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
A/N: Demons
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue
Sequel!

Chapter 32

73.3K 2K 599
By bookswitharaceli

"Soon." I mumbled to myself.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked myself. I wasn't to worried about this one since nothing has happened lately. That didn't mean I didn't have my guard up.

I ran my hand through my hair and sighed, putting the note down on the dresser.

You should tell Charles. I was caught off guard to hear Isla speak for the first time. I didn't want to ask her anything and just hoped that she'd keep speaking to me.

You really think I should? It's not a big deal. Nothing has happened. I said.

So you're just going to wait until something does happen? It'll be too late to say anything when something does happen. She was right. What if something did happen? It would be too late to do anything about it.

I went over to the night stand and found another piece of paper on it.

Mine. It said. I furrowed my eyebrows, not knowing what it meant. I picked up the small piece of paper and took it over to the dresser.

Maybe there's more around the room. I thought to myself. As much as I didn't want there to be more, I was confused and a little curious for answers. I started looking around the room for more notes.

*

After twenty minutes, I had found 3 more notes. I found one in my suitcase

Will.

Another on the bathroom mirror.

Revenge.

On the window.

Be.

I had put all the notes on the dresser, layed out next to eachother.

"Soon, Mine, Will, Revenge, Be." I repeated the words. I rearranged the notes. My eyes widened.

"Revenge will soon be mine." I pieced the puzzle together.

Whoever this person was, wanted revenge. But for what? I couldn't remember what I had done to anyone. I hadn't hurt or done anything to anybody.

I held onto the dresser for support. I took deep breaths before exhaling.

A knock sounded throughout the room. I jumped and ice emerged from my hands and into the edge if the dresser. I cursed under my breath.

"Come in!" I called. The door then opened revealing Charles. His gaze immediately landed on the notes that were rearranged on the dresser.

"Are you getting more notes?" He asked, not paying any mind to the ice.

"No, I'm writing those myse- what do you think?" I said irritantly. I ran my hands down my face and groaned, keeping my eyes covered. I felt Charles' presence next to me.

"Revenge will soon be mine." He repeated the words on the notes. I uncovered my eyes to see his eyes his eyes widening. He turned to me.

"I feel like we should tell Orion."

"No," I stated. "I don't want him to know anything about it." I went over to the bed and sat down, running my hand through my hair.

"Come on Rayna! This is your safety we are talking about!" He exclaimed, gesturing to me. "Can you forget about everything for one second and just tell him?"

"No, I can't." I shrugged. "I can't forget what Orion did. It'll take too long for me to forgive him... if I ever do." I said.

"That doesn't mean you shouldn't tell him. He can put up more security for you."

"And you think he'll do that for me?" I asked, pointing at myself.

"Well I don't know if you've noticed or not but," he paused for a second. "He's been trying to be nice to you." I let out a laugh.

"You really think I'm buying it?" I ask. "He's probably trying to get my hopes up, only to crush me again."

"Can you at least try to get along?" It was now his turn to run his hand through his hair.

I shrugged. Why not give it a try. "I guess I can try but don't expect me to be all unicorns and butterflies with him." Charles smiled. "But," I said sternly. "One more mess up. One more and I am done trying."

"I knew there'd be a catch." He said with a chuckle. "But if that's the most I can get out of you then It'll have to do." I give him an innocent grin.

"Do you want to go downstairs and get lunch or something?" He asked. And I shook my head.

"I want to take a quick shower, then I can go down and eat." He nodded and exited the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

*

As I headed downstairs I bumped into someone. I knew exactly who it was judging by the sparks that erupted throughout my body.

"Sorry." I mumbled and kept walking down the stairs. I gasped at the sparks as he grabbed my wrist. I didn't turn around.

"If anything, I should be the one who's sorry." He said and I froze in my place.

He wants to say sorry? Would I be able to forgive him even if he did? I knew it would take work and time but I didn't think I could get over it. And certainly, sorry wasn't going to be enough.

I took a deep breath and built up the courage to say something. "I'm sorry but," I looked up and started blinking rapidly. There was no way I was going to cry. "It's not enough to say sorry. I don't think I could forgive you anyway. And if I do, it's going to take a hell of a lot more than just sorry."

"I'm not expecting you to forgive me. Maybe someday but not now." He said sincerely. "Maybe we could work on us." This shocked me. I turned around to meet his gaze.

"Orion, there was never an us." I shook my head. "We." I gestured between him and I. "We were never a thing."

"You were trying so hard to be." He pointed out.

"That was at first. But I realized it wasn't going to happen."

Orion's POV

"What about my p-"

"I don't care about them anymore."

I was sick of pretending. I was falling deeper in love every second. I regretted everything from rejecting her when we met, to the dungeon, to not helping her when she had that attack. It broke my heart to pieces when she said there was never an us. It was all my fault. She sounded so broken and it was all my fault.

"I'm so sorry, for everything." I said as I held her hand in mine. "I know you said it wouldn't be enough but I want you to know that I regret everything."

"Orion, I can't accept your apol-"

"You don't have to." I interrupted. "I don't want you to right now. Goddess, you deserve someone much better than me." Daren growled inside on my head.

"You're right." She said.

"I do deserve someone better."
______________________________________

My heart hurt while writing this!!

Here's a heartfelt moment between the two for ya.

I'm having so much fun writing Different. I hope everyone lives reading it just as much as I love writing it.

I still don't know how many more chapters there will be. Lol. I have the whole book planned as in what I want to happen but I don't like planning detail per detail. If I did that, there would be no room for all the really good ideas I've been getting along the process of writing it.

Anyways I'll see y'all in the next chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 41.3K 49
Liam was actually excited to find his mate. It would be nice to have someone to help him with pack business. Keeping the borders safe and punishing r...
887K 19.8K 35
Alice Alyssa Wildmer is a werewolf. Her mate has rejected her and caused her pack to rank her lower than an omega. She is abused and when her mate ma...
26.9K 691 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
20.9K 697 25
Please don't reject me... please Goddess no... I don't wanna die a painful death... Sylvia, dumbfounded, thought to herself as her inner wolf Lexa an...