Seeing Double

By AMAC45

11 years. It's been 11 years since Astrid's seen her twin in person, but when the USWNT has an injury crisis... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96

84

4K 148 16
By AMAC45

Astrid's POV

"Alright." I say after the girls finish stretching ahead of our training session today. "We're gonna start with some 7v7 games and have two going on at the same time then we'll transition into our 10v2 game before we finish with some dodgeball."

"Dodgeball?" My twin questions.

"Mhmm." I say. "Focus for the next two hours and we'll play some Dodgeball."

"Sweet." Kelley says with an evil smile.

"But for now pink team will play green team on this side of the field and orange team will play purple team on the far side of the field." I say then everybody looks at me.

"Teams." My wife mouths

"Oh right teams." I say causing everybody to laugh. "My bad."

"Didn't get enough coffee?" Ash questions.

"I didn't even have coffee this morning." I say in realization. "Damn...So when I call your name grab a penny with your color then head to your side of the field"

The team nod so I take out my notebook and read of the names for each team.

PINK TEAM: Casey Murphy, Sofia Huerta, Abby Dahlkemper, Morgan Brian, Julie Ertz, Lynn Williams, Kristen Hamilton

GREEN TEAM: Alyssa Naeher, Alana Cook, Kelley O'Hara, Danny Colaprico, Vanessa DiBernardo, Tobin Heath, Mal Pugh

ORANGE TEAM: Adrianna Franch, Emily Sonnett, Tierna Davidson, Lindsey Horan, Andi Sullivan, Crystal Dunn, Ashley Hatch

PURPLE TEAM: Aubrey Bledsoe, Sam Staab, Kristie Mewis, Sam Mewis, Rose Lavalle, Alex Morgan, Christen Press

Once I've read of the names everyone grabs their penny's and starts talking tactics so I pull Alyssa to the side

"Hey Lys can I talk to you for a moment?" I question.

"Sure what's up?" One of the members of the OG A squad says.

"You feel good to go against Canada?" I ask.

"I do." Alyssa says. "That bugs outta my system so I'm ready to go."

"Good." I say. "Then you'll be starting."

"Sweet."

"Come on Lys." Kelley says and hooks their arms together. "We got a Pink team to beat."

The orange and purple head to the far side of the field with Ali and Ash while Becky, Carli, and I stay with the Pink and Green teams.

Becky and I watch the two teams play each other for a while then I head to the far side of the field and stand with Ash and Ali.

"How's it going over here?" I ask.

"Well I'm pretty sure Lindsey and Christen are gonna get into a fight soon." Ash says.

"What? Why?"

"They've been going at it the whole time." Ali says.

"JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU BITCH." Christen shouts.

What the hell is happening?

- - - - -

"PASS THE FUCKING BALL LINDSEY." I shout.

Lindsey and Christen are still fighting and it's rubbing off on the team.

We're playing like dog shit against Canada.

"You know what." I mumble then look at our subs. "MOE."

"Yeah coach?" Moe says when she comes over to me.

"Go get Lindsey." I say as I hand her her jersey.

Moe nods then heads to the fourth official and tells her who she's going in for then the fourth official holds up the board. Lindsey see's her number is up so she walks over to Moe then she taps her hands. Lindsey then walks to the end of the bench and sits alone.

"She better lose that attitude." I mumble as I sit down.

"Seriously." Ali says.

We watch the game for the next ten minutes and note how much better we're playing without Lindsey on the field.

"Would you look at that." I hear someone say in the stands say. "They play better without you Lindsey."

"OI." I shout then turn around and face the crowd.

Immediately some people start pointing at a group of people so I'm guessing one of them said it.

"Shut the fuck up." I say. "There's a reason your in the stands and she's out here."

"Ooh bitch." Ash mumbles.

"So pipe down and watch the game."

I sit back down and focus on the game for the last few minutes then when the whistle blows I walk over and shake hands with the Canadian coach, Christine Sinclair.

"Everything alright with you guys?" Tobin's ex teammate asks.

"Something's going on with Lindsey and Christen." I say and shrug. "I'm about to address it."

"Well I guess I'll see you back in Portland." Christine says and I nod.

Christine and I part then I find my coach's

"Any of you bring a whistle?" I question.

"Here." Ali says and hands me her whistle.

I take it and wipe off the mouth piece then I round up my team into a huddle.

"You girls were very lucky to draw today. Win lose or draw you girls will play like champions, you will play like a team, and you will be a unified team...but right now you ladies don't look like a team that wants to win a World Cup so get on the side line."

The team do as told while I stand about ten yards in front of them.

"Look at you now." I say and look at the team lined up. "Even now your separated...The LA girls are together, the Colorado girls are together, the Pride girls are together...start running."

I blow my whistle then watch as the girls run from one sideline to the other one and back.

"Sam who do you play for?" I question as the team catch their breath

"Boston?"

"Go again." I say and blow my whistle.

The ladies run down and back then they try to catch their breath.

"The badge on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back." I say then blow my whistle.

The ladies run down and back again while I notice a bunch of the fans stayed and they're now silently watching.

"Lindsey who do you play for?" I question as the team catch their breath

"Colorado"

"Again." I say and blow my whistle.

The ladies run down and back then they try to catch their breath while I look at them with my arms crossed.

"Alex who do you play for?" I question as the team catch their breath

"LA"

"Again." I say and blow my whistle.

This process continue's about 15 more times until one of the girls finally catch's on.

"MAL PUGH." Mal shouts causing everyone to look at the youngster as I approach her

I smile internally then squat in front of Mal as she catch's her breath.

"Who do you play for?" I ask.

"The United States.....Of America." Mal says while catching her breath.

"That'll be all ladies." I say and walk off the pitch. "Meet you on the bus."

When I get off the pitch I head into the coach's office and change out of my suit and into my street clothes. After I'm changed I put my suit bag in it's bag then grab my things and head into the locker room. Once in the locker room I walk over to Tobin's locker and hand her her ring back.

"Are you okay?" I whisper.

"We're all tired." Tobin whispers then she hugs me. "I get what you were trying to do, but did you have to run us so much?"

"Sorry Boo Bear." I whisper then peck my wife's lips.

Tobin and I hug one more time then I head to the bus and seat in Tobin and I's row. A little while later the team start filing on the bus and once they're all on the bus we head back to the hotel. When we pull up to the hotel I get out of my seat and grab a mic.

"Lindsey and Christen after your recovery I need to see you in my room." I say and the two ladies nod.

When the bus doors open I grab my stuff and Tobin's then head up to our room and put it on the unused bed. I then strip out of my clothes, put them in the dirty clothes suitcase, hang my suit up, grab clean clothes, and head to the shower. Once in the bathroom I take a hot shower then get out and dry myself off before I change into my clothes.

"Babe." Tobin calls out as she passes by the bathroom doorway.

"Boo Bear" I say and wrap my arms around her

"Lindsey and Christen." Tobin says causing me to groan.

"Dammit." I mumble. "I wanted to cuddle."

"Well let me shower and we can have a cuddle date." Tobin says then she pecks my lips.

Tobin then grabs her stuff and heads to the bathroom so I let Christen and Lindsey into the room.

"So why are you two fighting?" I ask.

"Lindsey's cheating on Mal." Christen angrily says.

"Am Not." Lindsey says.

"You two better figure this shit out or you both won't be going to the World Cup." I say and sigh. "Christen why do you think Lindsey is Cheating on Mal?"

"Mal came to me yesterday and said Lindsey's been distant lately and coming home at odd hours after practice." Christen says causing me and Lindsey to chuckle. "What?"

"You wanna tell her?" I ask.

"Christen I'm proposing to Mal." Lindsey says with a smile. "You haven't let me talk to you lately so I couldn't tell you."

"Oh." My best friend says.

"I've been trying to find her the perfect ring so I've been looking after practice."

"Oh." Christen says and sheepishly smiles. "Sorry."

"It's fine." Lindsey says. "I'd let you and Astrid kick my ass if I actually cheated on Mal."

"We all good?" I question.

"Yeah Astrid." Lindsey says.

"We're good." Christen says.

"Good." I say then point to the door. "Now hurry up and leave. Tobin and I have a cuddle date planned."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

449K 14.4K 154
In Emma's 21 years of living she has been to hell and back. She relies on a handful of people to keep her going. When one of them breaks her who will...
4.6K 105 29
It's been 5 months since the World Cup. Alex and Tobin are planning their wedding, preparing for the day they go to court with Andy, and thinking abo...
Rush By Alex

Fanfiction

249K 8.3K 50
Stella has been working for to achieve her dream for 20 years, but not all of her family are supportive of her dream. How will Stella landing her dre...
197K 5.7K 52
This story is about two twins who both play soccer and come from a rough home life. Soccer is their safe place. What happens when the USWNT visits th...