Super Mom

By lostduckling

In which the loving single mother of Izuku Midoriya catches the eyes of many pro heroes and teachers. [BNHA P... More

So Um about that-
Quirkless
Convention
Your Hero
All Might Onesie
Atsumi Inushi
Angel Tears
Big Brother
Kidnapping
We Are Justice
Lipstick Stains
Letting Down Your Walls
Love and Pizza
Firework
You Can't Hurt Me
Glove Up
Trash
Coffee and Apple Pie
Unbreakable Code
Error, File Not Found
Complicated
Do You Believe in Destiny?
Chicken Nugget
Heads or Tails
Tenko is the Antichrist special part 1
Play date at Auntie Mitsuki's
Mothers day special
Reality Check
House call

All Grown Up

31.1K 1.2K 254
By lostduckling

"[f/n], please! I'm begging you!" Your coworker asked with big glassy eyes. Your own figure was torn between ignoring her and continuing your way to the locker room or giving in to your newly discovered sympathy. You still stood in the middle of the door frame, your tired figure leaning against the uncomfortable white wood. You had just finished up the last of your rounds, and you had a one year old to go home to. You were honestly exhausted, not only from the strenuous job you had but from the new responsibilities of being a mother.

But... Akuda had gone out of her way to help you get a job at the hospital she was transferred to, after a two year gap of not working. And, you still hadn't properly thanked her, even though you've been working for a solid three months so far.

Crap. Damn your weird sensitivity. This was all still so foreign to you, and you were still struggling in some social situations.

"Oh Akuda...." You sighed. " Consider this a thank you for getting me this job. Now, who is he and what's got you spooked?" You outreached your tired arm to receive the white clipboard she had been holding onto, her purple eyes gleaming in not only delight but relief as well.

"Actually, it's not what you would think. He's only thirteen, but... I can't get through to him! And even though he's young, he's so scary!" She whined, while you let your dark [e/c] eyes flip through the paperwork.

"Jesus, what happened to this kid? Has anyone called CPS yet?"

"I did first thing, but the lady sent in to interview him got no information out of him whatsoever. Other than his file, we have nothing since he refuses to speak to her or me."

"How helpful. Alright, consider the patient dealt with. Go home Akuda."

"Aaaaaah [f/n], I told you to call me Sina! You're to formal!" She pouted, causing a small smile to appear on your face. She kind of reminded you of-

NO. YOU WILL NOT GO SOFT, JUST BECAUSE OF THAT BABY. Just, ignore how her puffed cheeks and wide purple eyes looked like your sleepy little angel back at home.

Man, you really wanted to go back home. The sooner you finished with this patient, the sooner you could get home to Izuku! A new sense of determination seemed to flow through you at the thought, and your tired and dark [e/c] eyes nearly sparkled at the thought of seeing your son. Sina looked at you with some sparkles of her own.

"[f/n]! Your sparkling!" She smiled as big as she possibly could, delighted to see her calculating and professional friend light up with repressed happiness.

"Go home Akuda."

"Wah, [f/n] is so mean~" She fake cried, while you just gave a small smile and shook your head.

Was it her, or were you smiling a lot more lately? She watched with wonder as you gave her a quiet good bye and a wave over your shoulder, your figure disappearing after a couple of minutes due to the twists and turns of the hallway. 'She should smile more often' She thought with a tiny blush, bashfully ringing her hands together as she walked towards the locker room. It truly was a radiant site to see.

~

~

~

"Oi, kid." You barked as you walked into his room, your annoyance quickly turning into surprise and concern when you witnessed the kid halfway out the window, looking down as he sat on the ledge. He didn't even budge at your words.

"Hey," You tried again, only for him to lean further out the window. Okay, that plan was not working. Cautiously you walked to the side of the room and sat down at one of the visiting chairs next to his bed, setting his chart down on the empty one next to you. You sat there and watched him for a good three minutes, letting him get accustomed to your presence, before you decided to no longer speak to him but at him.

"Considering the fact that we're five stories high, not only would the fall absolutely shatter your already fractured right ankle, but your busted T-5 and T-9 ribs would act as a spear and stab your internal organs the moment gravity fully hits you." The boys shoulders twitched at your words, and you took this for a sign that you could stand up again. You did so, and took a step forward. " Plus, it's going to hurt like a bitch."

The white haired kid turned his face slightly to look at you, his golden eyes glaring at your figure.

"If I land on my head, then i'll simply die." He spat with malice, and while the threat did put you off guard, you also noticed the deadly tight hold he had on the ledge. His arms were trembling.

"Okay, so you die." His eyebrows shot up in surprise at your words, not expecting that answer at all. He turned to look at your further, allowing you to see the scratches and black eye adoring his face. Jeez, this kid was a wreck.

"And when you die, you can never do anything ever again. Because your dead."

"No duh!"

"Never sleep and dream, never eat your favorite food. Never indulge in your favorite hobbies."

"I don't have hobbies!" you took a step closer to him.

"You'll never experience your first kiss, fall in love and maybe fall out. Fall in love again and find the one for you. You'll never experience the joy of venturing through careers to find what you love doing, will never get the feeling of satisfaction of sustaining yourself and the people you choose to support.

You never get to become old enough to really make your own choices, and live by them."

"THIS IS A CHOICE!"

"A choice that kills all the other ones you can make in the future." His whole body was trembling now, fat tears pouring out of his eyes while small hiccups seemed to wrack his body. He looked back at you, who had taken two steps closer, and where now a mere three feet away. You smiled, your tired [e/c] eyes crinkling, some strands of your [h/c] hair falling in your face while you opened your arms into a relaxed expression. A warmth seemed to radiate from you, and it was different from the others.

Different from the rest.

It wasn't the aura from that child protective lady, who seemed overly motherly and warm. That lady was too warm, and he was almost sure if she hugged him his cold skin would singe and blister with contact.

She wasn't like that other doctor, who smiled and treated him like a friend. Who acted like he was an adult yet offered him candy and board games.

There was a darkness in her eyes, as though she had seen the cruelty and dirt of the world. There was a touch of coldness that surrounded her, just barely seeping into her being.

Yet...

The sparkle in her eyes that said she would help the best she could, but didn't scream 'everything will be fine,' because promising something of that caliber was impossible....

The gentle and relaxed open armed expression that didn't beckon him into her arms, but let him know he would be welcomed there if he chose....

The hint of a smile that threatened to bloom across her face, sensitive to the situation yet wanting to offer him comfort....

"So, Atsumi. Make your choice. Which one is it gonna be?"

She was just like his dad. And he surprised himself, when he found his grip leaving the windowsill and his arms wrapping around her tightly. He cried and he cried, and she didn't tell him everything was okay nor shush down his sobs. She simply embraced him in return and rubbed his back, humming gently while she let him cry all of his grief away.

After a good five minutes, Atsumi had finally calmed down enough to breathe properly, tears no longer falling but small hiccups still escaping every so often.

When you realized this, you pulled away slightly and kneeled down in front of him, your soft hands cupping his cheeks, wiping the lingering tears off his face. You were incredibly gentle, still mindful of the black eyes and bruises that littered his pale skin.

" I do have hobbies." He grumbled out, and at first you didn't understand what he meant. After a moment though, your eyes lit up and you looked at him with a grin.

"Oh? Such as?" You tilted your head, comfortably meeting his eyes without looking away. He appreciated that. Appreciated that there was no look of pity, or sympathy. You looked at him like he was strong, like he was normal. And it made him feel as such.

"I.." He trailed off, a flush of red engulfing his neck, ears, and face as though he was telling you one of his deepest darkest secrets. "I like to write." He whispered, and you were sure if you weren't still crouched you wouldn't have been able to hear him.

"You do? That's awesome! Do you only write for yourself?" He shifted his gaze away from you and looked at the floor, embarrassed.

"Yes, I haven't told anyone that I like to write. I have an old journal, and when I'm in class and I'm bored, I pull it out. No one but me knows about it though."

"Can I read it?"

"wHAT!" he shouted, jumping away slightly while he shot you an accusing glare. "What kind of question is that!? That is personal content! Besides, I started it when I was 10! It's not even good!"

"Have you worked on it sense?" He hesitated, putting his arm down from the aggressive pointing he was doing.

"No, not since my dad quit his job. He had big plans for me, and writing was stupid anyways, and I didn't want to get distracted. He sold his business and we moved out, and he started training me. But then...he..." A sadness engulfed him and a couple tears fell down once more at the mention of his father.

And then, that sadness turned into frustration. He clenched his hands into fists and ground his teeth, squinting his eyes shut as he waited for you to say how sorry you were. How you could only imagine what he was feeling. How he should do good, so that his dad can smile at him from heaven.

"Oh. I spent my whole life wishing my dad would die. I wonder how my life would have gone if he actually did." Once again, he found himself genuinely surprised at your words. His tensed arms and jaws loosened, and his eyes opened once more to see your comforting [e/c] ones.

"Really?" Was the only thing he could bring himself to say. Did he apologize? No, he hated when people did that to him, and he wanted to be cool like her and say the right thing. 'Really' however, was the only thing he could come up with.

"Really." You smiled, walking over to the twin sized bed he was resting on earlier. You then smoothed out the covers and sat down on the bed, patting the spot next to him so he could to the same. He didn't want to seem to eager, and stopped himself when he nearly sprinted to the spot. Instead he scoffed and rolled his eyes, dragging his feet until he popped down next to you.

His blush had given him away anyhow.

"So, are you finally going to let me do my job and heal you?" You teased, while he flared up and crossed his arms, wincing at the pain it brought him. Knowing he was caught he just sighed and undid the position, allowing his arms to rest relaxed by his sides.

"Fine."

"Cool. so, do you want me to heal those instantly, or do you want a cast?"

He blinked slowly. What kind of question was that?

"Instantly, obviously!!"

"Sorry for giving you a choice. Now, do I have your consent to kiss you?"

"wHAT" He jumped up from the bed and turned to face you, his finger already pointing at you with accusation while his bright red face and ears literally steamed.

"YOU-"

"It's part of my quirk. Just business kiddo."

"Oh. well... I guess. But only if you tell me how it works." You laughed at this, and when he came back over to sit next to you, you ruffled his hair. He acted annoyed but you both enjoyed the action.

"Well, I kiss my patient and their wounds heal themselves. I can do this with flesh injuries, broken bones, the feeling of pain itself, internal organs, and nerve damage. I can kiss over the injury and have it heal for everything put internal organ and nerve damage. That requires a kiss to the lips. Oh, and a kiss on the lips heals every part of the body in one kiss, which is handy but also really annoying. Since your CAT scan revealed you have no internal organ or nerve damage, don't sweat it. Now, again, cast or quirk?"

"Q-quirk I guess. It's stupid, but whatever gets me out of here faster." You smiled. "Mhm, and when you do, you promise to send me some stories, right? If their good enough I'll share em with my patients."

"Who said I would send you stories!"

"Stories or I dont heal you."

"THATS ILLEGAL!"

"Those are your options."

"..fine." He pouted, while you did a little cheer in victory. He smiled at that though, secretly pleased you wanted to read his work.

"Alright, let's get this over with."

"Atsumi," You gently called out with caution, the abandoned but familiar bar you had walked into creaking in protest with every step you took. This wasn't good. Not good at all. Atsumi's dad used to run an underground connections agency for villains, with bartending as a front. You had been here before, when work required it. However, that was back when you had your own plate full with illegal activities, and after working so hard to dig yourself out of the trench you created, you knew you had to stop Atsumi before he made the same mistake.The new owner had picked up right we're his father had left off, and all went back to normal among the underground business. It was strange to think that your life had taken you to a place that had ties to Atsumi, and you didn't even realize it. You tightened your grip around the folder you had brought, the light brown material folding slightly at your hold. While you were waiting for Kayla to show up, you quickly dug up your old doctor files on Atsumi and printed them out. That's how you found the bar, back when you first met him as a kid you were very interested to learn about his past. 'And now here you are. And here he is.'

"Atsumi, it's me, [f/n] [l/n]. Do you remember me? From the hospital?" The groaning from the floorboards above you caused you to stop walking, your heartbeat in your throat from the unexpected noise. You took a deep breath to calm yourself, and took a moment to remember that you had been through worse situations and come out on top.

"Is this where your hiding? Away from the police and heroes? You don't need to be afraid." By now your eyes had adjusted to the darkness of the old abandoned bar, the windows that should have offered light boarded up and the doors painted black for privacy. The place was dusty, and the stagnant air was thick with the stench of mold. Your guessing the new owner didn't get to keep the place for long before it was exposed. There was still some remnants of caution tape left haphazardly strewn across some tables.

"I know your only here because your dad ran this bar. I know you loved your dad, even though he was a criminal." You continued to speak as you made your way over to the wooden stairs, your footsteps light as you tried to minimize the noise as much as possible.

"I know you want to follow in his footsteps, but honey there's a reason he sold his bar when you were born. He didn't want this life for you, and to be honest I think he didn't want that life for himself anymore either." You had finally reached the wooden steps and took a deep breath. And then, you started to climb.

"I know your scared, and it's okay to be scared. But, I can promise you this, going down this path is not worth it. And once you go down it, it's almost impossible to get out. In a sense, you never really do." You had gotten to the top of the stairs and started walking towards the master bedroom, already familiar with the lay out some what.

"What do you know about it?" You froze. Turning to look to your right, you saw him in the doorway a couple doors down from where you were headed. He still had his snowy white hair and golden eyes, but he was now 18 and grown up. Your heart ached at the site.

They really do grow up so fast.

He was tall, taller than you even, towering at a good 6'2. His hair was still short but slightly shaggy, a couple of bangs falling over his eyes that pierced into your soul.

"They sent you here? A doctor I saw once before? Really? What a joke." He scoffed and pushed himself up from the door frame. Your mind flashed back to when that was a younger you debating to take his case in the first place.

"What do you know about anything revolving around this, huh?" You raised an eyebrow at him and frowned.

"So, because I'm a doctor I can do no bad?"

"I don't know, can you?"

"Ever heard of Angel Tears?" The dismissive look in his eyes disappeared in an instant, and for a moment he just gawked at you.

"No way..." He laughed and shook his head, but when he saw that familiar cold look in your eyes, with that sharp and cutting edge his laughter died in his throat.

"I wouldn't lie about that, kiddo." Despite the dark and regretful aura still hanging around her, a smile started to form on her lips. Soon, a familiar warmth overtook him, and he felt like he was 13 again looking at the woman so achingly similar to his dad.

"I thought she died? How did you-"

"I got out, the only way you can. I went 'missing' and took on a new name. Changed everything. I still have people looking for me, Atsumi. It's not a good feeling to have." He frowned and took a couple steps towards you, question after question spinning in his mind.

"Was this before or after-"

"Before. Actually, 3 months before I met you. I had just started working as a doctor for that hospital. He smiled and shook his head.

"Explains a lot. You've gotten old." You laughed at this, and he found his smile reluctantly widening.

"You have to. Now, Atsumi, why are you here?" The smile you had just gotten to form quickly fell, and he took a step back.

"I have nothing else to live for, I have nothing else I could do. This is it for me, this is the only thing i've ever been good at. This is what my father trained me for. This...."

"Is it? What about those stories you wrote, back when you were in the hospital?" He laughed bitterly at your words.

"That I wrote when I was 15?"

" I appreciated that you kept your word, even if you were a couple years late. You know I share them with my other patients?" His gold eyes widened slightly in surprise.

"You- you really did?"He stuttered, a light blush overtaking him while he bashfully scratched the back of his neck. Honestly, he hadn't changed much, but you found that incredibly endearing.

"Why wouldn't I? They were phenomenal. Look, Atsumi. I know it feels like you don't have a choice, but you do. Life, is made of choices. And when it seems like there's only one option, your not thinking hard enough. You don't have to be number one in the world at something. It's okay to be normal. Its okay to be average. All your dad wants you to be is happy, and if the writing is what makes you happy, even if it's not what he trained you for, then I can promise you it's what he would want you to do. He gave you tools to help you in life, and maybe you'll need them down the road, maybe you won't. He showed you only what he knew best, because that was all he knew. Now it's time for you to do what your best for, Atsumi. You don't have to live for anyone but yourself. Not anymore." it was silent for a moment. Atsumi sighed and slid down the side of the hallway wall, resting his head on his knees. You decided to join him and slid down next to him, placing a comforting hand on his hair.

"I, I don't want to be a criminal." He muttered through his knees, and your heart warmed immensely at his words. Those pro heroes didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Imprisoning this boy like that!

"I know." You hummed, and moved your hand down to his shoulder, pulling him into a hug.

"I'm sorry!" He cried, resting his face in the crook of your neck while he wrapped his arms around your shoulder.

"I know."

"Wait." He shot up abruptly, slightly startling you from the force of the action."What time is it?!"

"Ah I don't know, around 12, why?" You responded. He immediately grabbed your hand and pulled you up from the floor with an impressive amount of strength.

"We need to get out of here! They're coming!"

Didn't need to be told twice. The two of you booked it down the stairs and out of the building, hand in hand as you ran as fast as you could with no destination in mind. After a good five minutes of running you wheezing was to much and you tugged your counterpart to stop so you could catch your breath.

"Lets go, in here!" You breathed, pointing towards the little dinner that still had a flickering 'open' sign in the window. He nodded and gently escorted you inside. The two of you took a spot away from the windows and sat down, catching your breath. Well, you did while he flipped through the menu.

"Alright, feel free to get whatever you want. On me." You smiled, and he gave you a heartwarming smile in return. Excitement was dancing around in his golden eyes, and if he was a puppy his tail would be wagging.

"Anything?"

"You heard me."

"You've gotten a lot softer than when we last met, you know that?" You smiled, nodding in agreement.

"I know. You have too."

"Who would have thought?" You both laughed, and moments after that a waitress came over and took your order. You simply got a slice of chocolate pudding pie and a strawberry cupcake to go, for Izuku of course. You counterpart however, Ordered a steak with mashed potatoes and salad, a cheesy bread basket, an appetizer of calamari, and a chocolate fudge cake for desert. You smiled at all of his food, while he shot you a sneaky grin.

"You sure you don't want more? Your a growing boy." He sweat dropped.

"w-WHAT!? THAT WAS SO MUCH FOOD!" He screamed at your nonchalant answer. You however, simply shrugged and gave him a smile.

When the door to the diner opened with the ding of the bell, the two of you immediately looked over in horror. Atsumi looked about ready to book it, and the raven hair's scarf thing was already starting to move at a rapid speed towards him-

"OOOOH NO YOU DON'T!" You screamed and jumped in front of Atsumi, forcing Aizawa to halt his capture weapon and look at you with annoyed eyes. The deadly glare that greeted him back made him up his guard.

"We just ordered some food, you can wait. Atsumi is not being wrapped up in whatever the hell that is. He is a person. He is not psychotic, but when you treat people like they're rabid animals they're bound to start acting like them. So, when we finish, he will ride with me, in my car, were we will go back to the station and he will apologize for putting a hole in the wall."

"But-"

"No buts, you're apologizing." You didn't even need to turn around to know he was sulking. The thought amused you, but right now you refused to back down from this asshole's glare. You would not let him take this kid like that. Over your dead body. The aura that surrounded the two of you was quivering, red hot anger meeting with a black abyss of wrath. Your poor waitress was now standing there in front of you, calamari and chocolate pie in hand.

"Eum, do you need another m-menu?" she stammered out, causing the hero to sigh and give in, wrapping his capture weapon that had remained posed in air as a threat to return back around his neck in a scarf like fashion.

"Coffee. Black." You smiled and slid next to Atsumi, who was looking at you with big sparkly eyes.

"It's been a while since anyone has defended me. And no one has done so with so much effort." He stammered, a dark blush reddening his cheeks while you smiled softly at him.

"Well, your definitely worth it, and I will kill anyone who hurts you!" You cheered, and yet the two men at the table took note of the underlying threat that really was in your words. At the sight of the tears that started to well up in his golden eyes you quickly dropped your cheery attitude and looked at him with concern, your eyebrows lightly furrowed as you asked the silent question of 'what's wrong?'

"I wish you were my mom." He shakily smiled, and you quickly pulled him into your arms the moment the words left his lips. You squeezed him tight and your heart ached as you thought of the scared little boy from years ago, and the scared teenager in front of you now. It ached and ached, until you almost felt like you couldn't take it anymore. But while it hurt, it was also humbling, and while the words broke your heart into pieces when you thought about all the things this poor boy had gone through in life, it also made you relieved that maybe you had done something right. Atsumi was still just as good of a person as when you met him last. He was still small and vulnerable inside, still riddled with self doubt.

He would do right,

And this time you would check vigorously on his well being to make it so.

"Well, just call me mom then, huh kiddo?" You beamed, unable to stop the few tears that fell from your eyes as well. You both smiled at each other and hugged again, only parting when the waitress came back with a giant steak, side orders, and a fudge cake.

~

~

~

"Okay, so now I'm your emergency contact. You have my phone number memorized, right?"

"Yes."

"Oh, and you have my address right? Come visit me whenever you want! And you can meet Izuku!"

"Yes yes, I got it. Visit whenever I want."

"Oh, and you promise I'll get updates from the story you're writing? Because from the plot you told me so far-"

"Jesus woman, I said okay!" He flushed in embarrassment in front of the other police officers while you just laughed and pinched his cheek, causing him to pout.

"Okay. Just making sure. I know you have his number as well," You gestured towards the tired looking man to your right who looked at you unamused.

"But call me first if anything bad happens!"

"Will do, first one to call. Got it."

"And once you finish talking with him he's being released, right?" You turned your attention back to the front desk you were standing at, the police officer in front of you laughing at the whole scene before him. It was rather comical.

"Yes maa'm! If I could just see your I.D. one more time!" You nodded and pulled out your wallet, taking your I.D. out of the holder.

"Nice wallet." You flushed when your All Might themed wallet was called out, sending Atsumi a glare while he gave you an innocent look.

God, he reminded you of a young you so much sometimes that it wasn't even funny.

However, he was a lot more emotionally open then you were. Wayyyy more actually. And while he would remain as you unofficially adopted son,

You were both more than happy with the title. You weren't sure how often he would visit, or call, but your heart, unlike all those years ago, had since healed and grown, and you now had plenty of room to add the white haired kid into your little makeshift family.

You really hoped he would call.

And with that shit eating grin he shot you a couple seconds after you put your wallet away, the one were his eyes sparkled with happiness and mischief,

You couldn't help but think he would.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 10.9K 76
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...
280K 411 9
nothing but smut. there are different sections for you to read so if you don't like the first one you can just go to another one. enjoy ๐Ÿ’• don't be s...
784K 20.8K 43
Limited Time SALE: 40% off! Unlock the next part for 3 Coins or the whole story for 30 Coins only until May 5. While moonlighting as a stripper, Emer...
554K 34.6K 48
๐ˆ๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐“๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐ž๐ ๐ฐ๐ž๐›๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐‡๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐“๐ซ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ก๐ฌ, ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ณ๐ข๐ง๐  ๏ฟฝ...