The Boy Across The Lake (Boyx...

By Insane_MindRL

Zack didn't really think of himself as somebody important. He lived in a small town with his best friend Core... More

Ooh just great!
Ummmm...
Alone? Haha.... No
Popcorn and Pain
He'll be fine
Did You Really Have To Bring Him Into This?
Well sure you can!
The suns not shinning without you
wishing for the unwishable
I hate your lies
Pain is my motive
Lost and forgotten...
False hope
Cuddles and more
Shut up
You dropped your vagina (important authors note at end)
Silence
Nothing gold can stay
Sacred Land
Rain
Echoing Cries
IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE (not a chapter)
Choices of the future

One or Another (Semi-important Authors note)

19 3 8
By Insane_MindRL

Obviously the lovely lady above is Seirra!

Zach's POV

I bit my lip looking from Corey who was smirking and then to Liam who was paying no attention as he was focused on the new bruise on his leg. I knew exactly what he was getting at, he didn't want me to apologize, I've already done that and he's excepted that part of it, but there was two parts. He was testing me, my loyalty and if I changed, and it was all based on my performance. I needed to put my neck on the line a little by bringing my normal, not so nice self meaning that I may offend Liam or someone else.

"I'm sorry Corey, I truly am I should have been there for you when you needed me" I bit my lip before continuing, "I was hanging out with these 'dicks', as you are so fond of calling them, and we were having a blast when you called. Sense we just got in a fight and knowing you I thought you were just going to give me some more of your witty comments before we made up and me, being my self centered, sick self, wanted to play it out just a little bit longer so then you'd be all apologetic or some bull shit. As soon as. I found out I ditched these ass holes and came right to you."
He raised an eye brow, obviously not totally buying what I just said, he uncrossed his arms and motioned me to continue.

I sighed, "how badly?"

"Lets see how well you know me" He shrugged and yawned, "can we hurry this up, even the dead need to sleep."

I scratched the back of my head, "ooh and you have one strike, you do something wrong and I'm done."

I balled my hands in a fist and turned to Liam who was looking at me confused, I sent him an apologetic look along with Louis, Niall, Harry, and Zayn.

"You're a fucking dirty whore" I mumbled pointing at Liam causing him to gasp.

"You look like a druggy" I said pointing to Louis, he just quirked an eye brow and put his hands on his hips ready to fight.

"You are a male version of Ellen" I cautiously stated to Niall who didn't even react.

"You smell weird some days" Harry scoffed punching me in the shoulder.

I turned and looked at Corey, trying to read what to say, "and Zayn, you're his type."

Corey laughed leaning on Seirra as she looked around confused along with Luke, "now do you forgive me?"

"I already had, I just wanted to see how much of a douche bag I could get you to be" I blushed, "and let me say, very disappointing."

I turned to Liam and the others "sorry guys."

"What do you mean disappointing?" Liam asked, "those were pretty dicky things to say."

"Well it doesn't meet my standards" He replied as he composed himself and stopped leaning on Seirra, "once you tell a girl that you don't even know her vaginas so big and over used that crabs aren't the only thing that climb out of the sloshy mess which is her vagina, the things you counted as being a douche move aren't that bad anymore."

Seirra laughed, "I remember that, she was so mad and when you said that she had so many different parasites PETA wanted to make her vagina a national park!"

"Lets get off the topic" Louis said coughing a little.

"I'm just glad your okay" I said going forward and hugging him. It's been a while sense we were last around each other, never mind hugged, and I forgot how much shorter he was than me as he hugged me back his head only at my chin.

"Okay that's long enough" Liam said wedging his way between us, "I'm the one dating him here."

"You can't date when your dead" Corey said cracking his knuckles causing Liam to hide behind me.

"Don't worry baby" I said reaching around grabbing his hands, "he's as harmless as a fly, a really annoying fly."

"Yeah but not all my pets are" he said motioning to Tom who was eyeing Niall who was moving slowly behind Harry staring at the goose.

"Yeah don't mess with him actually, he has so many animals the ways that you could die, well lets just not even go there."

"Anyways" Corey said stepping around me and looking Liam in the eye, "you two may be dating or whatever you want to call it, but, while we weren't dating, he was mine first and if you try to push me out of the picture again I'll make sure you fall with me."

"Corey?" Zac asked coming out eating a sandwich, "I knew my little sugar buns wasn't dead!"

He came up and hugged him from behind, placing his chin on Corey's head as Corey stole his sandwich and took a bite out if it, "you know me so well babes."

Seirra cocked an eyebrow at them, everyone else was also staring, "I thought you guys weren't dating or even, you know, sex buddies."

"We aren't" Zac answered, swaying slowly with Corey in his arms as he devoured the sandwich, "we are just those types of friends that are really flirty I guess."

"The only reason you can call us friends is cause you brought food" Corey said when he finished the sandwich, "but he's basically right, nothing is going to happen, he's to cocky and a dick for me to date."

"And he's to nerdy and messy" Zac added.

"So that gives us leeway to act as if we are dating without having to worry that it means anything" Corey said, "why you jealous?"

"Ew, god no" Seirra said, "Luke is, he totally has the hots for Zac, but is to much of a pussy to say it?"

Luke blushed and shot Seirra a glare as he stuttered out, "so now I'm a whore? Dating Niall while I secretly love Zac, I don't think so."

"No, Niall was a joke, he's mine" she stated poking him in the chest, "but you totally like Zac, you were totally checking him out when he bent over to grab the remote earlier."

"Awe why didn't you say something?" Zac said letting go off Corey and going over to him hugging him, "we could have had some fun in the bathroom."
Luke hugged him back, "at least take me on a date first."

"Fine, you cool with a movie and dinner Saturday?" Zac questioned, "Also you have to be alright with my boyfriend Corey."

Corey just scoffed, "keep dreaming."

"Of course" Luke said.

"Umm alright, that just happened, anyone else want to confess their undying love for someone?" I questioned looking at everyone not suspecting a response.

"Well sense she's a Niall girl" Niall said, "wanna go on a date Seirra?"

I shook my head at how we just found out that Corey is okay and now people are making date plans. Seirra laughed, "depends on what type of date?"

"I don't know maybe we could go on a double date with Zac and Luke?" Niall said looking over at them.

"Sure" Zac said, "you okay with it?"

"Don't care as long as your there" Luke said nuzzling into Zacs neck.

"Meh your cute enough" Seirra said shrugging.

Corey laughed, "stop acting like you aren't totally fangirling right now Seirra!"

"I'm going to fricken kill you if you don't stop" she threatened.

"You wouldn't babes" Corey smirked, "you wouldn't know where to hide the body."

"Anyways" Luke said, "anyone else wanna join us on the date, Zach and Liam?"

"Sure, sounds like fun" Liam answered.

"Can we come?" Louis asked holding him and Harry's hands up.

"Sense when have you guys been dating?" I questioned.

"Yesterday, we didn't want to tell you guys yet as of all the chaos and stuff" Harry replied.

"What about us singles?" Corey asked motioning to him and Zayn.

"I'm not single, Perrie's (A/N no idea how to spell her name) actually flying down in a few days and we are going to hangout" Zayn said.

"Well then" Corey said, "this is so new, me being the single one with a social life as alive as the dinosaurs!"

"Well we could do the date before or after so you could come or so you can stay with Corey" Zac said.

"We can do the later, I wouldn't want to leave this guy all alone" Zayn teased pulling Corey in for a hug.

"Hardy har har" Corey mumbled I to Zayn's chest.

"So we can schedule the date for tomorrow, you guys cool with that?" Zac replied, everyone shook their heads agreeing.

"Well not that I don't absolutely love being in your arms but I want to go to bed, I've been from hell and back up" Corey said as Zayn still hugged him.

"Yeah it's late" I replied, "do you guys want to stay here?"

"Is that really a good idea?" Corey replied motioning to Georgie who was eating the grass and Tom who was slowly following Niall as he hid behind person after person.

"You have a point" I said drawling out the t.

"Ill just walk home" Corey said pulling himself away from Zayn.

"No, no why don't you just lock them in the bathroom?" I offered.

"Sure that'll work till morning and then they'll start yelling to get out." Corey shrugged

"Alright lets head in" I said grabbing Liam's hand and pulling him to the door as everyone followed, along with our feathered friends.

"So where's everyone going to sleep?" Liam asked as we went into the living room, there was only two couches and a chair.

"Dibs!" Corey said jumping over the couch and landing on the couch.
Then it became a free for all, everyone scattering to get the last couch and chair. Louis eventually won the last couch and Seirra rightfully claimed the chair after booting Zac out.

"Where are we going to sleep?" Luke asked motioning to himself, Harry, and the rest that weren't lucky enough to claim a proper sleeping place.

"I don't know about this 'we'" Zac said motioning to himself then Luke, "I have a perfectly fine place to sleep."

"Where?" I asked as there was no where else besides the floor.

"With sugar buns!" Zac answered smiling as he plopped down on Corey.

"This isn't going to work" Corey huffed as Zac laid on top of him, "first you have a boyfriend-"

"Yeah you" Zac said giving Corey a puppy dog face, only getting a glare in return.

"And if anything I should be on top of you" Corey finished.

"Ooh you top!" Zac said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Only on tuesdays, I like being on top as I can move better as I'm not being suffocated by someone on top of me!" Corey yelled trying to push him off.

"You just don't love me like you used to" Zac cried hugging on to Corey tightly.

"Luke, this is yours now" Corey said looking towards Luke, "get it off."

Luke sighed, "come on Zac, get off poor Corey he's probably suffocating under you."

"Now your calling me fat!" Zac cried burying his face in Corey's shirt.

I diverted my attention when I heard the patter of webbed feet enter the room. Tom stood at the door surveying the chaos before lowering his head and as stealthily as a large goose could, which isn't very good, wobbled over to the couch and peered over the arm rest.

The room went silent besides for Zacs cries as Tom looked at the mess that is happening on my couch. Both of them hadn't noticed as Zac had his face buried in Corey's shirt and he was facing the wrong way while Corey was incapable of looking over Zac.

Tom hissed slightly and cocked his head slightly before coming around the edge of the couch so he was by Zacs legs. I stepped back not wanting to get hit when the pain hits poor Zac, Liam however doesn't move. Tom sways side to side as he judges the situation, everyone's, besides two, eyes on him waiting for him to make a move and when he does no one suspects it. In a rush of grey and white feathers Tom throws himself at Liam clamping his beak on his now shoeless feet as he had taken them off at the door.

As Liam howled in pain and jumped backwards I noticed Tom had caught his pinky toe and the one next to it. I couldn't help but laugh as Liam feel backwards on to the ground with a thud and wildly kicked his feet, yelling as he tried to move away from the attacking bird. To add to the chaos all the loud noises attracted Georgie, he quickly jumped up on the couch where Louis and Harry were and let loose all he got, screaming eerie calls into the house, reverberating through the entire building. Zac had rolled off Corey laughing allowing Corey to get up and grab Tom by the neck.

"Ow, ow, oww" Liam whined holding the two wounded toes as Corey held the enraged goose back, Georgie still calling.

"Well that's what you get for being a prick" Corey stated, picking up the goose and hushing Georgie before leaving to lock the goose up.

"What's with the damn goose?" Liam complained moving his hand revealing his two toes, bleeding and bruised.

"Animals have this sixth sense that lets them tap into the energy of humans in a sense, especially those who have been domesticated and predators" Corey said coming back in, "this means Tom can sense and feel the resentment and distaste for you, which makes him also act out towards you in negative, harsh ways like attacking you."

"Well then" Liam said pulling himself up, "if I knew beating you up meant this, I would have never done it."

"Or you shouldn't have don't it at all you soulless hussy" Seirra said sarcastically.

"Go upstairs, I'll be up there to patch you up and go to bed in a bit" I said to Liam.

"This isn't going to work" Corey stated looking at Zac who was now laying on the couch.

"Come on baby" Zac said opening up his arms.

"Im not feeling it" Corey said.

"Well I'm going to let you guys figure it out" I said scratching the back of my head, "night."

Corey's POV

Mornings finger tips of rose creeped through the curtains of Zachs windows. I pulled the blanket closer to my body as I repositioned myself on his hard, cold wood floor. It had been decided, by a vote apparently I wasn't apart of, that couples would get the couches and chairs meaning that Zayn and I were left out in the cold, I knew where the blankets were thankfully so I took 70% of them for myself making my own little pit of blankets in the corner of the living room for myself.

The coldness still seethed through the blankets chilling what ever side I was on making for a less than ideal night. Zayn had some how weaseled his way to letting Zach and Liam to share the bed so that just left me in the darkness. While I'm not one to look at life an be all depressed for myself as I'm alone while everyone around me was soon going to be happily with someone, it still didn't feel very nice when you are back as a permanent third wheel. Instead of bowling alley nights with Seirra or walks in the woods to the pond with Zach soon I would be left to walk behind as there's no room on the path for three. Its a familiar pain knowing that you aren't someone's go to person, no ones going to choice you first if you are even lucky enough to find a way to get together wit them. To know that if you go out its no longer you and them its a 'we' and unlike before you were only the ghost whispering in the background desperate for attention as the world forgets you.

I'm truly not the type of person to care how I look, who likes me, who doesn't, and all that other stuff as I am one person of billions and the world would keep spinning without me so why bother on that stuff? It nags my brain though how this might just e the reason I've been forgotten, like a toy put on the shelf by a kid who promises to play later but you just end up sitting there, worth nothing more than a dust collector. It truly hurts the most when you are picked up and you know that soon it will be back to the shelf.

The floor boards creaked as two feet hit the floor lightly. I could see Louis' messy bed hair peek out from above the couch as he pulled himself up, supposedly to go to the bathroom. I was quite interested in seeing how this would play out with Tom almost surely awake. He tiredly walked out of the living room, sleep obviously still clouding his mind, before he disappeared down the hall towards the bathroom. I heard the door creak open and then after a passing moment, close.

I light thud now echoed of the walls along with the scrapping of sharp nails. Tom soon entered the living room, he assertively walks through the room and between the couches as if searching for something or someone. Liam I thought it had to be him, sure enough after seeing everyone he left and I could hear him moving though each room in search for him before he passed the door way once again an headed down the hall towards the stair case leading to Zach's bedroom.
It wasn't a question whether or not he could climb up the stairs, he most certainly could and would leaving the only possible thing left to hold him back a wooden door.

Louis reentered the room, still groggy, and laid back down with Harry.
A small hiss of annoyance cut the cool air as I heard Tom brushing his beak up against the door before turning around and awkwardly descending the stairs once again. Once down he reentered the living room and came over to me cocking his head slightly before weirdly climbing into my makeshift bed and sat down looking at me.

I reached out my hand and pet his head, "you won't leave me."

He melted into my touch and closed his eyes cooing, or as close as a goose can come to cooing, at my touch.

"Well you don't really have a choice most of the time" I continued petting him, "that doesn't matter though. I don't think you would leave anyways, animals are way better than people."

~~~~~~~

"He's staring at me" Liam complained as he ate his cereal.

"He's behind a fricken baby gate, he won't get you" Zach reassured his boyfriend motioning to Tom with his spoon as he ate his cereal. We were all eating some sort of breakfast, due to the complaints of Liam we had set up a baby gate blocking Tom out from the kitchen. Obviously he wasn't happy about this, honking loudly as he tried to climb over before settling for glaring at Liam and honking when ever he looked away.

"Stop being a pussy" I mumbled through bites of my cereal, I was sitting on the counter with Georgie who was eating the cereal which had spilled.

"And how many times have you been bit?" Liam tried to counter.

I laughed causing me to choke in my cereal, "more an worse than you so shut up."

"Anyways" Luke said, "what's the plain for today?"

"I have to go home and the zoo, I should really be home right now" I sighed putting my bowl away.

"Cool, can I come with?" Zayn asked,
"these guys are going to be having date night anyways so why don't we just give them the whole day and we can to."

I pondered the thought, "I guess, you'll have to listen to me though."

"No prob just let me finish eating and change" Zayn said hurrying up.

"I've got nothing planned" Zach said just before the phone rang.

I casually reached over and picked it up, we practically lived in each others homes so it was second nature, "Hello, Corey speaking."

"Ooh thank good" Barbra said over the other end, "we have been looking for you all morning."

"Why?" I asked tensing up.

"Just get over here as quick as possible please" she said, "I'll explain when you get here."

I'm proud it hasn't been year sense I update last!! So I'm going to be posting a really important authors note in another update, probably right after this one, please read all of it (no idea how long it'll be). Sorry also if there's mistake it's hard to edit as when ever I exit all the paragraph spacing is there so it's one big thing meaning I have to edit it and do all the spacing again.
~ C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

225K 6.3K 22
Some things arent always how you imagine they are. As prince being gay with homophobic parents isn't always fun, but what will happen when he and a m...
364K 6.8K 43
The whole world may think of Harry Styles as 1/5 of the world-famous boyband, One Direction; but for Brooklyn Pierce, he's just the boy who used to w...
469K 12.6K 29
Louis and Harry get into a fight and stop talking but when One Direction gets a death threat they are forced to hide away out in the middle of nowher...
300 0 26
NOT MY ORGINAL WORK !!! "Infamous boybander leaves club together with unknown," read the headline. Underneath were pictures of a boy with dark curls...