It's Going To Be Okay ~ A One...

By RattleHound

One Direction, One Direction, One Direction. This is all people talk about these days. Lisa is sick of it. Do... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1 ~ It's Been Forever!
Chapter 2 ~ And So It Begins.
Chapter 3 ~ Hi! We're One Direction!
Chapter 4 ~ That's Final.
Chapter 5 ~ Now That Was Embarrassing!
Chapter 6 ~ Any Time.
Chapter 7 ~ Deal.
Chapter 8 ~ I Wish.
Chapter 9 ~ All Boys Are The Same!
Chapter 10 ~ Isn't She Lovely?
Chapter 11 ~ I Could Never Tell.
Chapter 12 ~ If Looks Could Kill.
Chapter 13 ~ Here's The Plan.
Chapter 14 ~ Lucky Lady's!
Chapter 15 ~ CRACK!
Chapter 16 ~ Fine Dining.
Chapter 17 ~ Girls Day Out!
Chapter 18 ~ 'Special Bonding'.
Chapter 19 ~ What We Have Is Good Enough.
Chapter 20 ~ What The Hell Have I Done?!
Chapter 21 ~ She Really Does Like Me?
Chapter 22 ~ Everything Is Obviously Not Okay.
Chapter 24 ~ Just Let Me Die!
Chapter 25 ~ I Don't Care Anymore!

Chapter 23 ~ It's All My Fault!

735 10 8
By RattleHound

WARNING! CHAPTER INCLUDES GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF BLOOD AND HARM.

Courtney's POV

Right now, we're all out searching for Louis. Liam told us all happened. Even the part where Louis completely broke down. I just remembered what happened before we left.

(Past)

"Hey, uh, guys?" Harry says.

"Yeah?" Zayn asks.

"Um, you kind of need to know this..."

"Well, get on with it!"

"Sorry! Before Louis... um, ran off... I found him... cutting himself..."

"What?! Why didn't you tell us earlier?!" Liam yells.

"I don't know!"

(Present)

I can't believe that Louis was that depressed he'd start cutting himself. What if we found him in a alleyway, cuts all over him?

No, Courtney. Don't think like that!

I'm partnered up with Harry, and we're searching the streets.

"Where are you Louis?!" Harry yells. No answer.

We walk some more until we come across a creepy alleyway. My thought from earlier starts to haunt me. I slip my hand into Harry's, and start to search. Behind a bin is my worst nightmare.

Lisa's POV

This is all my fault! Because of me, Louis is depressed, cutting himself and now he is missing! If anything happens to him, I would never forgive myself.

Me and Zayn are desperately searching for him, especially after what we heard from Harry.

"I'm really worried Zayn" I say. "What if we never find him?"

"Don't worry" he soothes. "It's going to be okay."

That's not the first time I've heard that.

Zayn's phone starts ringing, and he immediately fishes it out of his pocket.

"Hello?" he answers. I can't hear what the other person is saying, but Zayn's face goes from relief to horror in 2 seconds.

"Zayn? What's wrong?" I ask him after he hangs up.

"Courtney and Harry found Louis."

"Well, that's great!"

 Zayn shakes his head. "They think he could be dead."

Harry's POV

A scream escapes Courtney's mouth and I turn to face at where she's pointing.

Behind a bin, there's a crumpled up body, and there's blood everywhere.

"Holy shit!" I swear and run over to the body. It's a male of the age of like 19 or 20. Strangely, this boy looks awfully familiar. There are cuts all over his body. Arms, legs, neck, anywhere skin is showing.

"Harry" Courtney gasps. "That's Louis."

What? I look more closely, and then I realise that C's right. It's my bestfriend.

"Call an ambulance right now!" I yell.

She whips out her phone and calls emergency services. "Hello? Please, can I get an ambulance?!" she pleads, but after that, I zone out.

I'm rocking Louis back and forth in my arms when the ambulance arrives.

I reluctantly let go of him and fall into Courtney's arms. She gets out her phone and calls someone.

We get into the ambulance and I sit next to Louis, silently praying that he'll survive.

"He'll make it through" Courtney assures.

"I sure hope you are right."

Lisa's POV

Did I just hear correctly?

"What? No! He can't be!" I protest, not wanting to believe the impossible.

"They're not sure, but they're on their way to the hospital right now."

"Well, let's get moving!"

This can't be happening.

We pull up to the hospital car park, and I rush out. I run as fast as I can – without hurting the baby – to the reception.

"Hi! Um, what happened to my friend? He came in about 10 minutes ago. Brown hair, blue-green eyes!" I demand the receptionist.

"Oh, Mr Tomlinson! He's in theatre at the moment, so you'll have to wait with those other to, miss."

I look and see Courtney and Harry in the waiting room, looking more depressed than ever.

Harry stands up with his arms wide open, and I run into them and cry.

"This is all my fault!" I cry for the millionth time. "It'll be my fault if my child never get's to see his father!"

"Come on, calm down. It's not your fault" Harry says.

I back away from him. "Yes it is! I was the one who cheated on him! I broke his heart. I did this to him."

Zayn comes over and awkwardly sits down next to Courtney.

"You guys should sort this out later" Zayn suggests. "Right now, you should be worrying about Louis' health."

About an hour later, the nurse says we can go in. I'm afraid that if I see him, I'll completely break down. Courtney ushers me into his room.

He's lying there. White as a ghost. There's freshly stitched cuts all over his body. If it weren't for the steady beep of this heart monitor, you'd think he was dead.

I run over to his bed and take his hand in mine. Tears start racing down my cheeks, but I'm in no rush to wipe them away.

""Louis, I'm so sorry" I cry. "This is all my fault! I did this to you and there is no possible way I am ever going to forgive myself!"

I hadn't noticed that others had all silently left. It was just me and Louis. Being with him wasn't a mistake. I've realised that all along, I have still loved him. I will always love him.

"I still love you" I whisper.

Courtney's POV

"Lisa's been in there for a long time" I state. "I'm gonna go check on her."

Zayn and Harry nod in approval.

I quietly open the door to Louis' room, and I find the cutest thing.

Lisa has fallen asleep right next to Louis. She's holding his hand. They look so peaceful, so I decide to leave them there.

I make my way back to the waiting room, and see Zayn and Harry talking to Liam and Niall. I walk over to them and Harry has just finished explaining what happened.

"Why would he do that?" Niall asks.

"He still loves Lisa" Liam explains. "Seeing you two together must have caused him so much emotional pain, that he'd try and kill himself."

"Oh" is all Niall says.

I tap Harry's shoulder and he turns around.

"Hey babe" he says half-heartedly.

"Hey, Lisa fell asleep by Louis' side, and it's fricking adorable if I might add, but she looks exhausted. We need to take her home."

"Okay."

While he goes off to get Lisa, I go up to the receptionist.

"Um, when do you think Louis Tomlinson will be discharged from hospital?" I ask.

She gets out a clipboard and scans it. "In about 2 days" she smiles.

"Okay, thanks."

Harry comes back with Lisa in his arms, and we all go to the car park to go home.

We were all sitting in silence when Harry pipes up.

"When I went and got Lisa, the doctor was in there doing a check-up. I asked him what had actually happened. He said that he was either attacked, or tried to commit suicide. Either way, he lost a lot of blood and they barely managed to save him. If we had found him any later, he would have died."

I sit there for a while, thinking about how close to death Louis had been, when I hear some noises coming from the back seat.

Liam and Niall went in Zayn's car so Lisa could lie down, but now she's sitting up, rubbing her eyes.

"Hey sleepy-head" I tease.

"I just had the scariest dream" she yawns. "We found Louis on the verge of death in a alleyway, and now he's in hospital."

I look at Harry worriedly. "Uh, Lisa. That wasn't a dream. Louis is actually in hospital after nearly dying."

"What?!" she gasps. "It was all real? Oh no. It was all my fault!"

"Lisa! It wasn't your fault!" I yell.

"It doesn't matter how many times people say that it wasn't my fault! It is my fault!"

After that, there was an awkward silence all the way home.

Lisa's POV

As soon as we get home, I jump out of the car, rush into the house and run upstairs. I speed into my room and lock the door. I collapse onto the bed. I place a hand on my stomach.

"I promise you. You will see your father."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 308 29
when gabby was little her parents split , making her leave to Australia with her mum while her twin brother Louis still lived with her dad in Englan...
7.7K 138 40
Kelsey Maxwell lost her mother at a young age in a house fire; she has no siblings to turn to and the only friends she has are guys, but they always...
12.8K 247 19
Emma and her mom use to be close. Till her mom married her step-dad. He didn't like that Emma was there and staling all the attention away from him;...
178K 2.4K 32
When Abigail and her sister Sophia discover her parents have died in a plane cash and they will be moving to London with an old family friend they th...