Mine {Book 1}| Completed

Galing kay Aesthetic_Books_25

I know it was wrong to kiss him. But I couldn't stop myself no matter what. He was my Stepbrother I know. But... Higit pa

Characters
Explanation from the Author
Prologue: Trapped In My Depression
Chapter 2: The Wedding
Chapter 3: More Than Just a Crush
Chapter 4: School
Chapter 5: Vixens
Chapter 6: Storming & Mom's House
Chapter 7: Washing Car
Chapter 8: The Movies
Chapter 9: Mandy's Party
Chapter 10: Gas Station & Mugged
Chapter 11: Bonfire
Chapter 12: The Forbidden Kiss
Chapter 13: It's Always Gonna Be April
Chapter 14: If Only
Chapter 15: Thanksgiving
Chapter 16: 27 Straws
Chapter 17: Tell Me You Want Me
Chapter 18: Secret Us
Chapter 19: Café Shop/ Christmas Shopping
Chapter 20: Christmas
Chapter 21: Unforgettable
Chapter 22: April
Chapter 23: New Years Eve Ball
Chapter 24: You Are Mine
Chapter 25: The Game
Chapter 26: I Saw You!
Chapter 27: Are We Over?
Chapter 28: You Don't Know Me Anymore
Chapter 29: Slumber Party!
Chapter 30: What's Happened To Us?
Chapter 31: Shattered
Chapter 32: The Lake House
Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough
Chapter 34: Don't Underestimate Me
Chapter 35: Graduation
Chapter 36: Graduation Party
Chapter 37: Seventeen
Chapter 38: I'm Yours
Chapter 39: No Friend of Mine
Chapter 40: Tearing Us Apart
Chapter 41: Welcome to Lovely Ladies
Epilogue
Author's Note: 💎
Dream Cast 🌹
Q&A with Author ☕️💋
Track List
Sequel in the Works
#Miners

Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion

1.3K 14 4
Galing kay Aesthetic_Books_25

Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion

Two Years Earlier

        I had noticed how unclear it was the day my life would probably change. Mostly because I was going through more things than anyone knew. My friends knew about them but it didn't matter because it made them more worried. Even my teachers knew I was going through some things. That it had to do with home. And basically my parents divorce. The divorce was finalized in August. And dad has been seeing a woman Colleen for at least a month. And I haven't met her yet and I hope to keep it that way. Besides dad and I don't communicate or get along not since my mother left.

I have to think extremely hard and it actually makes me love the idea to go to school because then I'm not distracted with dad's bullshit. Especially because dad is a workaholic. But I noticed the signs of mom and dad back in June. I noticed they kept it silent so I didn't notice. But then the outbursts happen. It was after ten thirty and they were screaming at each other and objects were being thrown it almost sounded like someone got slapped. But mom assured me they didn't hit each other. And anyway my dad isn't like that no matter how much he can lose his temper. But then mom and dad started going to marriage counseling after that.

And that did no good. Mom had pushed him away as if she was angry at something he did. And then I came home from Mandy's house and noticed mom was leaving. And I remember how angry I was at dad for this. For not chasing her. For letting her go into her car with her things leaving. Two weeks later mom filed for divorce and dad anxiously signed even though I know in mom's heart it tore her apart to do it. Ever since... dad and I have been distanced and cold hearted.

Three weeks later I found out dad had been seeing another woman. And that was pretty darn fast after he and mom just divorced. I actually hated it because it was always so secret. And I just absolutely hate it because dad would leave me at home while he was out swapping DNA with someone he hasn't even introduced me to. He did want to spend the night with me on my birthday. I turned sixteen. But instead I went to mom's. And my friends went over and we celebrated. And when I came home I found out that dad went out with Colleen anyway. And it was like he cared more about Colleen than his own daughter who is coping over her parents divorce. And he is such a selfish person. And mom is definitely right about him.

I had remained silent as I was very focused to my History class even though I do not understand half of anything. It is actually my worst subject. And I just want to get out of here since we only got like five minutes left until we can leave. And that means I can get a ride with Peach home. She has my dream car. She has a white convertible mustang. I don't have my driving license yet but I do have a permit. I went for it when I was fifteen. Dad paid for it all. And mom kinda encourages me to do it. I think mom will help me get my license as well. And my mom is a very encouraging woman.

I saw Amber Glossy staring at Logan Duvall. Logan is to be the hottest guy in school. He's been single since the summer. And nobody knows why he and his girlfriend broke up. And I don't even know who she is. And it seems that Amber wants nothing to call dibs on him. Amber go back way a long time ago. We went to kindergarten and first grade to third grade together. But there was a fall out once we got to middle school. We were was twelve. She chose popularity over friendship and hated that I wanted to be friends with Peach Golightly still. I met Peach in second grade. But we didn't become friends until middle school.

In middle school I joined the cheerleading squad and I am still on it with Amber as the captain cheerleader. And she is always in control and bossy. And get this... she's blonde. But I sit here seeing Amber want nothing but to probably hook up with him. But Logan doesn't look like that type of guy. And over here, is my best friends in this class; Mandy Stuart, Victoria Blossom and Peach. Here's the thing... Mandy and Victoria have boyfriends. Mandy is dating Aaron Lawton who is headstrong and he is on the football team. Pretty hot as well which I will admit. And then Victoria is dating Luke Smith.

      Peach and I have always envied them for having attractive boyfriends. Aaron and Luke are best friends as well. Both kinda share the same grades. And both have the same hobbies. And I just enjoy having fun to watch Mandy argue with Aaron sometimes. But their debates and disagreements. I've never seen them fight. At least not me.

     And the truth is that Peach comes from a very rich family that is first class. Snobbish if you can say. The Golightly's are kind to me. Their house is not exactly a house. It's like a castle. But it's a mansion built on at least 500 anchors. Their property is big and a protected gate in order to get in. I guess they fear robbers and burglars. So they have security cameras practically at every door. And because of how strict the Golightly's are they would never allow Peach to date. Especially her father. They don't want her to be distracted by anyone. Especially boys. They want her to graduate and go to college and have a good career.

        I looked over at Mandy who definitely thought it was ridiculous that Amber is flirting with Logan. It has been known that Peach has been crushing on Logan since freshman year. And we all know it. Victoria thinks that Logan could be single for a while. And get this... Logan is on the football team with Aaron and he doesn't even talk about his breakup with his ex. It's always the same thing. It's that he doesn't want to talk about it. And it's even funny because Luke hears about Logan's name and he tries changing the subject even though Victoria has abandoned Luke to talk with Logan. Luke explained that over the summer him and Logan had a falling out. And that's why I see how he doesn't exactly care.

I had just wanted to get through this day and just ignore the fact that Amber still runs this school that she keeps telling me, Peach, Mandy and Victoria all the time. And I couldn't even let the whole world know what was going on in my mind about Amber. I had moments where I wish a shark would eat her. But then again I don't believe in violence.

As soon as I was in my mind again... the bell rang and students rushed to leave as quickly. And I had just took my time because there was no rush. And that is exactly when I left. I had left Mr. Nepper's class and had immediately went finding my locker. And Amber was still flirting with Logan and I rolled my eyes at it. But there is no way he'll ever date her.

"So Emma, it's Friday! You know what that means? Having absolute fun! Just come over my house later and we can just gossip about anything we please." Mandy said, which kinda thrilled me but then I realized that dad wouldn't allow it.

"I don't think I can, Man." I said, opening my locker.

     Mandy's blue orbs were wide as she was surprised about the fact I'd say no. But she has no idea how hateful my dad has been lately ever since he has been dating Colleen. And I don't even know her. And dad doesn't say anything about her. Mandy and all my friends know my dad is dating because I told them and they think my dad is nothing but a screw up. And I just can't even imagine how ungrateful my dad is. And I gotta return home where my dad might just be more of a selfish asshole. So I'll just avoid him when he gets home from work.

      "Why?" She waited patiently for me to actually respond.

     I turned around, facing her. "My dad is a jerk. That's why. And lately things have been getting worse between us."

    She growled. "Okay fine. But at least call me later. We still gotta do the gossiping with all the tea. Like if Logan actually likes Peach back." She giggles which I laughed to as well.

       I took my pale blue bag sticking all my books inside. Everything I think I gotta study for. I have a Math test next week so this weekend I am just gonna study my ass off for. And I think of nothing but just to avoid dad and definitely go home. And I'm sure Peach is waiting for me. Victoria already left off with Luke probably going to his car where he drives her home or he stays at her home. And Mandy thinks that's where make up sex comes from with them. And Mandy drives a funny Jeep that is orange. And I'm sure Aaron might stop by at her house later. I get a ride home from Peach everyday after school. Dad usually drives me to school which is annoying because I'm normally so quiet about.

      "Do you think Logan likes Peach?" I asked in my quietest voice so no one around could hear me.

     "I guarantee you he does. He's just screwed up from his breakup. But eventually he'll come around to it. I mean what is not to like about Peach?" She laughed.

The hallway of the school was pretty crowded and there were so many students everywhere. And so that's when I decided to do everything I could by trying to exit out of this building alive. But I guess Friday's are like this. And so, I close my locker after grabbing my jean jacket and putting it on. And since there is no Cheerleading practice, I could have a free night without my dad texting me if there was. And so I immediately fled with Mandy following right by my side.

I was out in the parking lot as I passed through the courtyard by going directly to the parking lot where students park and of course that's where Peach's mustang was waiting for me. Coming around the corner on Mandy's left was Aaron scaring the skivvies out of here. She jumped which actually made him laugh about it and I smiled even though she had hit him for doing so.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You scared the crap out of me." Mandy hit him on his arm again and he chuckled like it was the funniest thing so I held back a laugh inside.

"Who else could it have been, babe?" He said in a dumbfounded expression which Mandy was dumb for not knowing.

The next thing I notice is that Mandy and Aaron are making out like crazy. And I felt like I was in an awkward moment. So instead I just cleared my throat and excused myself from them to get to Peach's car. During the process, the sun was shining down. I ran my fingers through my long straight brown hair. And I saw the sun shining right down on me that I could die. And I just thought of nothing but getting to Peach's car. And once I was trying to walk across to it, the pink mustang nearly ran me over.

I fell on the cement. And I saw it was Amber's car. And inside the car was her favorite girls, Ashley, Sarah and Hanna. And in the passenger seat was Logan. And he had a blank face on. Amber took off her sunglasses grimacing at me. She acted like she was proud of almost running me over.

"Oops... I'm so sorry, Emma. I didn't see you there. It was like you were totally invisible." She chuckled along with her girls all very laughable that they giggled which I wanted to punch her or get her back with harsh words.

"What a freak show." Hanna giggled and I just got off the ground, fixing my hair so it wasn't all over the place. And then I rolled my eyes.

       I softly growled to myself and I had no scratch or cuts or bruises. And so I just shook my head at Amber and her wannabes. And so I walked away getting to Peach's car. I heard Amber's car beep when I turned around and suddenly... Logan was chasing after me.

   "Hey wait." He said to me, which I looked at him with a shocked face of why he wants to talk.

    "Logan, what is it? Do you wanna make fun of me too?" I had the ability to piss people off when I wanted to.

       I've known Logan since eighth grade. I had the hugest crush on Luke though. But that was before Victoria started dating him. Way before. And I remember they hung out in our middle school. Luke was the jock but also a skateboarder while Logan just was a jock. And I crushed on Luke like crazy. But when Victoria and him started dating I actually let go of that crush. And I don't crush on Logan at all. If anything I'd like to just be his friend.

    "Emma, I'm sorry about Amber. She just adores attention. I mean she's practically the hottest and sexiest girl in school." He chuckled nervously and I gave him a death stare, crossing my arms over my chest.

    Peach is way hotter, I thought to myself.

   "I wanna apologize for her." He said politely.

    "Yeah, well you don't need to when we're not friends or even speak. So..." I rolled my eyes, flipping my hair in back of my shoulder.

     Logan was attractive, I won't lie. But he was making me uncomfortable. And his face was extremely judgmental. And he actually has no idea how much he seems to be a show off. It's no wonder why girls throw themselves at him. But he never throws himself at any girls. And there are some dudes that chase him too, no doubt.

"It's called being polite to a stranger." He said.

"So what your going to Amber's house to bang her? Is that what the deal is? Just because your single now you can let any girl take you as you are." I huffed.

Is it just me or are you sounding a bit jealous for a moment?

"Wait what? You think me and Amber are...?" He pauses unable to process it. "No no no no! HELL NO!" He brushed it off like the thought was gross.

"Well she seems taken by you." I pointed out.

"You see... April and I broke up last month. It was a week before school started. And if I banged her cousin....that would be crazy. I'm staying single for a while, Emma." He said.

He seems like he's telling the truth but I don't wanna believe him. It's my own judgement telling me to hate him. I'm jealous because I want him with Peach. I wish he'd see her.

"Wait... your ex is Amber's cousin?" I asked.

"Yeah... it's just that Amber and I still talk and we hang out. Nothing romantic. I'm into staying single for a while. And clear my head. And focus on school. It's what my dad says. So I rather just focus on myself." He explained.

"Oh okay." I nodded.

        He definitely just talks to his ex's cousin. And even if so, why talk to her cousin? The way Amber is I think she'd still sleep with him. Even if her cousin dated him. She probably has this big crush on him. I know a lot of things that goes on around the school.

     First off, with the jocks and cheerleaders it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Like for example, the jocks make a pact to sleep with let's say... Natalie Hummings. And let's say Cody Watts actually tricks her into sleeping with him by asking her out. After he's done it... he tells all the guys and they talk about it and then they write it down in this stupid "Fuck Hoe Book" they have. Luke and Aaron told me about it because every guy knows about it.

    And the cheerleaders are just as bad. For example, Amber created her own little list to go on her bang list. And she has the cheerleaders pact to sleep with the hottest jock or guy in the school and you only gave a week to do or she just bands you from cheers for a week. She's never had me do it. But I've seen it as being on the squad. Alissa Chang was supposed to sleep with Ryan Gates. But I don't know if it happened. And then after they do it they gossip about it with a Polaroid proof photo they bring back as evidence and add it to Amber's bang list.

     So I do know a lot and I don't think Logan has done any of it. Logan seems to nice for that shit. At this point I think every school has it. Every jock does it at every school in California. And I just remain calm about it because I've never been picked by the jocks to seduce. Which is good but also not because it means none of the guys think I'm hot.

    Peach's car beeped and I was pulled out of my thoughts, looking over to Peach.

    "Well, I gotta go, Logan. See you around." I turned to walk away to get to Peach's car.

    "Okay, see you later, Emma." He said in a very sexy voice that I think he mastered on purpose to think I'd be drawn to it.

      And it definitely did not make me think anything. I had decided to just go to Peach's car and I opened the passenger door, getting in. And Peach had the hood down because she loves the sun even though she hates getting tanned in a 87 degrees wether. And she had her sunglasses on and she partly smiled at me and she just looked at me in complete curiosity on her face. I put my seatbelt on the second I got in.

     "So what were you and Logan talking about?" She had her brow raised, and she seemed so curious as if it was about her perhaps but I couldn't lie so telling the truth.

    "He was apologizing for Amber almost running me over." I said.

    "What a bitch!" She rolled her eyes, then watching Logan hopping back into Amber's pink mustang and then driving off with their WOOHOOS and the loud pop music. "She's off with the hottest guy in the school."

   "Don't worry, Peach. You'll be off with him by Prom." I laughed, and she smiled probably imagining it.

   "Or the New Years Eve Ball." Peach added.

And I honestly didn't wanna be reminded. I never go to that. Mom has been trying to make me go since I was thirteen. And I am definitely still not going. I turned sixteen last week. And I am still not going. Regardless what anyone says. Nothing can change my mind. And then dad says that it's a good thing. Because in his mind he worries I might start dating someone and from that, I will go and my dad still thinks I'm too young to date. I guess he wants me to stay a virgin. And I honestly hate still being a virgin and being young like this. I mean I know Mandy and Aaron get it on all the time. Like when Mandy's parents are out. I only know this because Mandy's sister, Molly told me. That when their in the room she can hear noises. Like moaning, groaning, grunting, and loud noises of perhaps a bed moving repeatedly against the wall. And Peach and I laughed when Molly told us.

And now that I think of it... they probably have a lot of sex. Shower sex definitely. And when I get a boyfriend that is definitely something I want to try. Getting it on in the shower, a jacuzzi or a hot tub. I know Victoria has had sex in a hot tub. And when I think of that it just makes me turned on thinking about it.

"Okay. Let's go!" Peach said aloud and she put the break in drive and then she stepped on the gas pedal. "Any stop requests?"

"My mom's. I know it's another town. And it's a waste of gas. But I just wanna check on her." I said.

"Relax, girl. Anything for my bestie." She giggled.

~~~~~~~~~~~

       We arrived at my mom's house, parking by the curve. Mom's house was beautiful. It was nice to look at from the outside. And I know that mom might have came home early because she didn't have to teach this afternoon due to a doctor's appointment she had at one.

       Peach and I both got out of the car once Peach put the hood back on and then locked her car in case there were some robbers around. But in this neighborhood it is completely safe. I keep trying to tell her. And I just thought of what mom is up to and I know if I'm not home by four dad might flip and be texting me like a clingy overbearing dad he is.

Her house was a nice sky blue that was lovely. And of course, I had gotten to the front door up the small steps and I saw mom had already been home so I don't need to take the extra key from the plant that is hidden. And I looked at the door for a quick moment. And then I had knocked on her door which Peach was right next to me and we both put on smiles once my mother opened the door.

    "Hi mom." I said, putting my hands into my jean jacket pockets.

       My mother's eyes lit up and I was smiling right back at her and she smiled over to Peach as well. And she had invited us in. Into her cozy house that Grandma calls it very content and open to love.

   "Come right in, girls." She gestured.

And once we entered, my mom's house smelled like peppermint, pumpkin spice and coffee. And I saw through the opened window split from the sitting room and kitchen the oven had something in it and a brand new pot of coffee was brewed. And I had seen that she had candles set around the house that made this peppermint scent. And there was definitely a baking scent through the entire house. And of course, I decided to kick off my shoes and head into the kitchen where a Peach followed me and I kept my jean jacket on.

     I had on my lime green fuzzy socks and I had gone into the kitchen where my mom was checking on the temperature of her pumpkin pie that was in the oven. My mom has always been good at baking. She and my Grandma are like the best with cookies, pies or even cakes. My Grandma makes the best banana bread. And she is obviously amazing.

    I came into the kitchen where Peach was sitting at the table as my mom offered her some orange juice. Which Peach took, having a glass of it. And I took a mug from a cabinet pouring some new fresh coffee from the pot.

   "Does your dad know your here?" Mom asked.

   "No, we came here because I wanted just to stop by. I saw you last Friday so it feels like it's been a while. And dad has been so wicked lately." I took a sip from my cup.

   "Well shouldn't you text or call him to inform him?" She asked, closing the oven.

   "He'll be home by five." I mumbled.

And I had not want to talk about dad and not with mom. She had shrugged it off and in her face she knew it was not a big deal. And of course, my curfew is eleven. So obviously it's not mandatory that I come home right after school.

"So Peach?" Mom started. "How is everything with you? How's your mom? How's your dad?" She places down the nice apple pie right in front of us and to my stomach is looked good.

    I had immediately gone for it the second mom placed one on a small plate for me. And having the fork I had gone for the triangle slice of pie that was in front of me. And lately I been eating takeout food. I went to Victoria's house last night for dinner and they cooked on the grill of these grilled chicken, steak and ribs and we had baked potatoes and corn on the cob so it was good. And Victoria and Luke were being lovers the entire time. But I didn't mind.

On Sunday I went out with Mandy and Aaron which was their date but I felt like I was third wheeling in that movie theater. But that's I'm lucky to have friends like that. Even though I don't have a boyfriend it doesn't bother me. But it doesn't stop me from dreaming of certain things. And I've been a dreamer but I hate chasing things that I want. I rather just keep it this way.

Peach was looking just as nice I was. Her golden hair was wavy as it is naturally and I saw her drink from the glass. And I just started eating the pie because it was making me go crazy. Like I said all my meals been takeout since mom left. My dad is the worst cook and he can't even bake. Since mom left dad has ordered in or takeout or he went out with Colleen so I be stuck ordering in. Things like from DoorDash or Dominos Pizza, Chinese or even Mexican. So having mom's greatest pie made me go crazy. And I guess you can say Peach has seen me go crazier over tacos.

    "My parents are good, Miss Grant." Peach smiled.

    "Peach, please call me Rachel. I've known you since you were eleven. You don't need to address me Miss Grant. It sounds old fashion." Mom said with a smile that made me chuckle at it.

    "Okay... I honestly thought-"

   "Well she just thought it was more polite." I interrupted Peach before she could say anything.

Peach nodded, agreeing with me just going with the flow. And then I bite into my pie using the fork, swallowing.

"Emma, hows your dad? Is he...behaving lately?" Mom asked, pouring a glass of orange juice for me.

"Great is the word. He's out with Colleen every night. And I hate it. He's obsessed if satisfying her." I growled and took another bite into my apple pie.

"Well she is nice, right?" Mom asked putting away the pitcher of juice.

"I don't know. I haven't met her yet. Which is messed up. He hasn't introduced me to his new girlfriend at all. I know she's a real estate agent and she's from San Diego." I said.

"Maybe he wants to surprise you one day to meet her." Mom defended him which pissed me off even more so I rolled my eyes.

      I thought maybe mom would think it's wrong he's going on dates at night and hasn't invited her over the house yet. And it makes me angry that I haven't even met her so I looked at Peach to defend me but she remained quiet as if she didn't know what to say.

   "You taking daddy's side now?" I asked, sounding cold.

   "Honey, I'm not taking his side. I divorced him. I was married to him for eighteen years. And I know him like a book. He wants things to be perfect. When he's ready he'll introduce you to her. You know how long it took for me to meet his parents when we first started going out?" She said.

    I breathed. "How long?"

     "Four months." She responded.

Dang!

I don't hear much about my parents when they met. All I know is to not piss off my dad. Which is something I do all the time. And it actually makes me laugh.

"Look, dad is a Scorpio which makes him an asshole." I spat.

"First off... watch what you say about your father. You still got respect him and be loyal. He's still your father even though we're divorced and live in two different towns." Mom said, arching her brow.

I leaned forward. "Was dad loyal at all? He is exact opposite... replacing you after two months of the divorce."

Mom's face turned pale of how sad she was. And it must have killed her. And I hate seeing how sad she can because of dad.

"Emma, just because your dad and I are not married anymore doesn't mean you got to hate him." She started. "Your dad and I had problems. And we tried working them out. But it just wasn't working. I became unhappy and he became miserable."

I looked down and I took every word in. Mom had eventually saw how down I was because of it. If I could know everything that went on between my parents. But I actually know nothing. Because they kept it to themselves but I think it's better that I don't know so I don't hate my dad more for whatever the reason is.

"He was miserable?" I laughed, losing my voice in it.

"There was a lot of things behind closed doors that you don't know, honey. And it's for the best." She said.

I shook my head in disbelief at her. And then my phone started going off and I had the ringtone as Lollipop from the Chordettes singing. And I had seen it was dad. I rolled my eyes not wanting to answer. I know if I don't answer... he'd have a fit and then eventually call mom and then they'd get into a heated argument about me. Which I'm not ready for so I answered.

"Hi, dad." I picked up after pressing the green button on my iPhone 7.

"Emma, I have quite a few things to say to you." He began which kinda annoyed me that I'm gonna get an a lecture from him and I'm not even home yet. "Are you on your way home yet? And also, have you seen my watch? Because I've seemed to have misplaced it." He was panicking in a strange way with his raspy voice.

"Slow down, dad." I said quickly. "Firstly I'm at mom's so I'll be home shortly. And secondly, your watch is in your coat pocket. The one in the washer room. It's right by the dryer hanging up. Check the pockets."

He sighed. "You are a savior. But I want you home by five."

Is he serious right now? Did he happen to change my curfew now? How old does he think I am? Ten?

"I'll be home soon, dad." I said as fast as I could, rolling off my tongue.

"Before six. Understand. If not I'll drive up to your mothers and get you myself if I have to." He threatened.

When he threatened me by that I just felt like yelling back at him out of anger. But I didn't wanna say anything that I regret.

   "But why is it so important I'm home before six?" I grumbled, acting like a child out of the blue. And I heard him huff.

    "Emma, don't make this hard. Things have been distant between us. But I want you home before six. And tonight we're gonna have dinner and we're gonna talk."

     "But you don't cook." I softly said.

        He had ignored me and that's when I saw mom just rolling her eyes because she knew how stubborn I was just like dad. And two people who are exactly alike isn't quite good. And then dad hung up and I just put my phone away and I saw the time was four thirty. I wanted to get home. I thought dad didn't get home until five. Why is he home all of a sudden? And so early?

    "Dad wants me home by five. And he didn't say why." I told mom.

Of course Peach had gotten up from the table and of course she had a hurry look on her face.

"Well it's almost five. So we should get going then." Peach suggested.

And that's when I grabbed my own purse that was with me. And when I did I received a text that pinged.

Ping.

TEXT FROM DAD:
Tonight's occasion is to dress nicely.
There's a surprise! Xoxoxo

After the text I just gave him a thumbs up in reply. And by then, I had given mom a hug as she had kissed my forehead. Peach headed out into the car and of course, I had stayed by the door with mom as mom's curls were pulled back into a messy ponytail.

"Emma, please be good to your dad. He's trying at least." Mom had a point which I knew but I refused to believe it when he didn't try with mom when they were divorcing.

I silently nodded and there was a slight breeze that came by as I stood on the porch with mom. And I saw that she had her ring off. She had worn it still for a few days but then now I notice she's not wearing it. She's definitely moved on from dad completely.

"I'm trying, mom. But he is a nightmare." I said, and mom smiled at it as if she agreed.

"Yes, honey, I know. But just do as he says. Respect him. He's still your dad. And I'm your mom. So respect him like you respect me, Aunt Maggie and Grandma." She said.

"Okay, mom. I'll try to reason with him on his burnt cooking." I laughed at the end.

    "Okay. Drive safely." She hugged me again and then she kissed my forehead.

        Peach nodded as she could my mom and then she got in the car and the hood to her car went down and I got into the white mustang and got my seatbelt on and I waved to mom once the car started and Peach drove off slowly from the neighborhood mostly because she doesn't know this neighborhood. But I do and the people are nice and very kind.

  "So do you still got that big crush on Logan?" I played with the ends of my hair.

  "Yes, like crazy. He is so hot. I'm a cheerleader which makes me hot too, doesn't it?" Peach had this smile on and she blushed.

    She stopped at a stop sign.

   "Peach, he's too popular. And plus, a lot of girls and guys chase him. But then when I was talking to him..."

    She looked over in curiosity.

   "Em, what?" She spat out of frustration.

   "His ex is Amber's cousin. And also he is not looking to date anyone right now. That his education is important." I explained.

   She sighed. "Don't worry. He'll be at the New Years Eve ball and I'll get to talk to him finally."

       I laughed at it once she said it.

   "You can talk to him whenever, Peach." I said.

   "No, I actually can't. Every girl is right by his side. He doesn't like me at all, I think." She presses on the gas pedal heading down 55 East Avenue down to Calvin Street.

   "Your prettier than Amber." I outright said.

    "Do you mean that?"

   "Your my best friend, Peach. Of course I mean it. I've known you which seems like forever. I mean it...generally." I looked out of the car and of course the wind was hitting on my face as we were driving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

           After that twenty minute drive, I arrived back at my house on Andrè Drive. And there was my house. Looking the same. Being beautiful. And I just stared at how lonely it is without mom. It is still the heart of the house. And now I just hate my life because of it. Mom is still the heart of the house. And I get this feeling that dad and Colleen are getting serious. Especially on all these dates he goes on. And how much he speaks of her.

     I had thanked Peach for the ride and her patience of course and I arrived right at five thirty. And so I gulped trying to get out and then I said bye to Peach, promising to talk to her later. And then I got out of her mustang and that's when I headed up the driveway we have and I went up to the front steps and using my key to get in.

     When I entered inside the house it was extremely quiet as always. I expected dad to be in the sitting room waiting to talk to me about something but he wasn't there. I had gone into our gathering room that's next door to the dining room. And I opened the French doors to it and it was empty as usual. And in there were picture frames. There's one on the table with blue and yellow bouquet of tulips on the table next to the frame that's a picture of me when I was thirteen.

    I had shut the doors once I saw it empty. And then I had headed into the kitchen and it was extremely empty and quiet. And then I had gone to patio and that was even empty. I thought dad was already home. And I just couldn't believe it when it was mandatory I be home by five. And so I just rolled my eyes heading upstairs to my room to get ready for this dinner. I'm sure dad'll be home soon.

The first thing I did was go upstairs to actually take my laundry basket and put them in the wash. And as I did that I carried it into the washer room and I stuck them in the washer. And after I did that, I had taken off my clothes throwing them in the hamper. And I decided to actually listen to calming music and as I did that I meditated on my bedroom floor. And as I did that I decided to take a shower. I went to find my clothes of what to wear to the dinner when dad comes home.

I went through my walk in closet finding a nice striped top and a peach colored skirt to wear. And I got perfect fancy shoes to wear with them. And so I had gotten them with a nice strapless bra from my drawer and pink laced panties. And once I did, I took a towel from the closet outside the bathroom and I had gone directly into the bathroom that is my bathroom because dad and mom have this master bedroom with a bathroom in their room along with two walk in closets. And so this bathroom I got to myself all my life.

I grew up in this house. My parents bought this house when they got married in 2000. And so that's when I was a toddler taking baths in this bathroom. I remember mom used to put me in the bath before bed every night and she would wash my hair no matter how much I hated it when I was little. And then she used to say I smelled like strawberries. So there's a lot of memories in this house of mom.

I settle down my clothes and hang up my towel on the hook that's on the wall. I happen to turn on my music which is country-pop. And I begin to start the shower and that's when I get in as my clothes are off me and that's when I step into the shower, washing my entire body.

       I somehow had this fun moment of being alone in the shower as nothing surrounded me but my thoughts. And I think of everything that is going to turn out right with my dad and me. I wondered if he had something serious to talk about. And I didn't feel like talking to my dad about anything or talking to him at all in general. But it's funny because I used to warship my dad.

I had this unusual bond with my father from the moment I think I was born. But when mom was pregnant with me she had this appetite of sweets like chocolate, ice cream and even pizza, pickles and donuts. And my dad was the one who wanted me to be a boy. He was thinking that he was definitely gonna have a son. But then when I was born and I was a girl I think my dad was shocked and surprised. But in a way he was more happy than anything that I was his child. He used to hold me all the time from the moment I was a newborn he had been attached. And I had just thought of how much my dad is probably the greatest dad compared to others. And I got this dad who I used to feel like was my best friend.

     I had this closeness to my dad that mom and I don't have. Sometimes dad used to give me a bath if it wasn't mom. Like if she was out with friends. Or mom and dad both would give me a bath. And dad used to read to me. My stuffed Teddy Bear that I had since the moment I was born. Dad bought it for me. He bought it only a few hours before I was born. And he had me as his only child which he adored.

     I had this granted love for my dad that is unexplainable. I was this shy but energetic child. And my dad was this person who loved walks and definitely loved having father daughter quality time. And we haven't had that in months, it seems.

    My parents met in a very unusual way. My dad is a neurosurgeon and if your curious how my mom and him met...well you guessed. The hospital. My mom was going there due to her dad which is my Grandpa who I never met was in the hospital due to his recent illness of brain cancer which my dad was an intern at the time. And the surgery went well. But my Grandpa died three years later. It was natural causes. And of course my mom never had gone through such a depression after her father died.

     But in any case, my parents met at the hospital it was a week before Thanksgiving. And of course, it was a beautiful moment when they met. And when they met, mom said it was definitely love at first sight but never thought in a million years that was the man she'd marry.

     And when she was met him he definitely was attractive in her eyes. And after Grandpa's operation, mom and dad happened to have met each other again which was at a coffee shop and mom was wearing a red scarf. And that day at the coffee shop is when my father had asked mom out. And they went from planning dates and I know their first date was at an Italian restaurant because my mom loves Italian food.

And my parents had many romantic times. Dad had taken mom to this lake in Santa Maria where they had a retreat for like three days. And they were in love right from the beginning of time. And they got engaged after dating for two years. And their engagement took place on a romantic vacation dad took her own which was in Aruba. Dad took her there to get engaged. It was July 13, 1999. And then they got married on August 14, 2000. And their honeymoon was in Jamaica. On a private island at a beach house that was basically a mansion. They flew on a private plane and had nice champagne. And I know my parents were in love. Especially when my mom found out she was pregnant. It was December 2001. And she had taken five different tests just in case she wasn't but then she also went to the doctors and it was positive and that's what brought me into this world.

And I know my parents did love each other once. Only because I saw them married through my childhood being these two happy married couple. And I'm sure they went through the highs and lows together like any married couple got. But I never remember them fighting when I was growing up. And I used to see how much they did love each other. And that's why I don't know how they ended everything and got divorced and didn't fight for each other. That is what people that love each other do, right?

Once I had washed my hair I had washed my body with the soap that had a scent of coconut. And I had just enjoyed the feeling good being natural. And I just felt the water from the shower head pour down on me. And I was drenched. Head to toe. And I sighed as the hot water felt so so good.

After I had cleaned myself up in the shower I could finally get out of the shower and I turned it off, opening the shower glass door and I took my towel, wrapping it around my naked body. And I had towel dried my body and then I took out my blow dryer plugging it in.

And I had wrapped the towel back around my body as I began to blow dry my hair. And once I did for about ten minutes until it was half way dry that's when I decided to towel dry the rest of my hair that was damp. And then I had by then left out of the bathroom with the towel around me to go downstairs to get my clothes out of the wash and to put them in the dryer. Which I did and by then I went back upstairs to the bathroom closing the door. But that's when I decided to take a comb from one of the drawers, combing my hair as I stared at myself in the mirror seeing this girl stare back at me with her brown orbs look back mine and her brunette hair that was long down past her shoulders and her brows knitting in a way.

I looked at this girl and I felt ashamed of seeing this girl come through but it's who she is. Confident or insecure. And then I decided to take my brush and brush through my hair and as I was doing that I heard the door slam downstairs, thinking it was dad. Which I was gonna avoid. And just to be the kinder one and the respectful daughter, I decided to go downstairs to greet with him. But when I went down there... it was quiet and dad isn't quiet when he comes in. Sometimes he's actually talks to himself or gets on the phone and starts making important phone calls or I hear him shuffling on the kitchen floor. But there's nothing which I found crazy. And unusual.

Once I had entered the sitting room I expected to see him in there but silence and no one in there. And by then, I just wish I could know his every move. Sometimes I wish I could put a G.P.S tracker on him so I know where he is at all times. Never mind me. What about him?

I had gone directly into the kitchen and still not there. But then when I entered the hallway between the dining room and the Gathering Room, I had thought of doing exactly what I wanted. To just head back upstairs and when I turned around, I gasped when I thought I heard something. My dad maybe trying to scare me? And so I turned around and there I saw wasn't my dad. It was this guy that happened to be in my house and he was dressed in a button down dress shirt and these dark jeans and he had these gray eyes that I somehow seen right away and his dirty blonde hair was styled perfectly. And I screamed being completely freaked out there was a stranger here and plus, I just remembered I was only in a towel.

I freaked out, and I think he knew how freaked out I was. And he definitely was seeing I was only in a towel wrapped around me. I had flew from the sight but he tried to calm me down.

"Who are you? What are you doing in my house?" I sneered are him. And I saw how much he seemed desperate to speak but I freaked out.

"Hey it's okay. Your dad sent me over." He explained himself quickly.

I ran towards the stairs, backing up slowing up the stairs, facing him which I was terrified that this guy was here probably thinking how hot it is to see me nearly naked in a towel. And what guy doesn't like to see that?

"Why would he send a stranger over? Who are you?" I snapped, not listening to anything he has to say.

"Your Emma, aren't you?" His voice was extremely calm and not even bothering to snap back at me at all.

Since he knew who I was I definitely freaked out. I backed away higher up the stairs.

"Stay away!" I hollered, feeling scared that he might do something. And he stared at me as if I had gone crazy.

"Please just let me explain..."

"Yeah, you can by getting the hell out of my house." I felt this urge to attack him. But instead I had just left away from this scene, and I freaked out and ran up the stairs and running into my room, locking it.

I sighed and I was surrounded by my own silence. And I had never felt so scared of this guy in my life even though he was kinda... hot. But more incredibly beautiful and charming in a way. And I couldn't even stand the idea that looked like that in my house when I was the one wrapped in nothing but a towel. He must have had to think something about it.

I just had no idea of what he could have to do with my dad. And I freaked out as I saw him. I wanted to attack him but I also wanted to kiss him at the same time. And that had never happened to me before. Witnessing a hot guy in my house as I was wrapped in a towel. If my dad saw that he would have been furious.

I took a deep breathe. What is he doing in my house? I thought I was gonna die right now. But I have decided to just go and grab my clothes from the bathroom and I got dressed in my white and gray striped shirt and the peach skirt. And I had just decided to think of what to do? Show myself after that incident? And I definitely did hate myself but I hated that that guy is in my house. I sat on my bed where our dog was. Marshmello. And of course, he had just lied there on my bed but I definitely didn't know what to do. And I just wanted to go crawl into a hole and never come out.

     And it didn't take long for me to just freak out and leave him there. And I didn't feel bad one bit that I did it. Because obviously this is what happened because he snuck up on me and is a stranger and I was practically naked. Except I had a towel around me.

     I wasn't very pleased that I had to meet some guy that my dad knows who is obviously my age. Why did he let him in our house? What the hell was the reason? I could have just let him explain himself but I didn't. And now I'm confused about it since I didn't find out.

    And I just thought of nothing but confusion. But anything worse is that if my dad sent him over why didn't dad call me to tell me?

    Knock. Knock.

I freaked out that it might be him. But I was definitely not in the mood.

    "Honey, it's me. Can you open the door?" Dad said, which I thought it was about time he show up.

   "Why?" I growled at him on the other side of my door. "Do you always let strangers into the house?"

  "That can be explained. We need to talk about what happened with you and Christopher." He said, which pissed me off even more.

       I rolled my eyes and then I unlocked the door and then I saw my dad standing there who stood at exactly 5'11. And I just saw him staring at me as if he didn't recognize me. And then he just came in hugging me. And it definitely scared me of what he knew. And I stared at my dad who did nothing but hold onto me as much as he does as a clingy man.

"That wasn't right, daddy." I pressed.

"Honey, he is Colleen's son. Unfortunately we do need to talk. And it's because we haven't talked in a while." He said, and I had to hold Marshmello back so he wouldn't leave my room so he wouldn't bark or attack Christopher.

And so I closed my door and that's when dad sat on my bed and I sat at my desk where my laptop sat and I just sat in the chair, staring over at my dad of what exactly he has to talk about.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked, criticism in my voice.

"Well Emma," he breathed. "You been distant. And I'm a bit worried. And your mother is too."

Since when did him and mom start talking about me? So now they secretly talk? So what the fuck is this?

"When did you talk to mom?" I frowned.

"Last night. And she's concerned. We both are. We're your parents and we are concerned." He had this serious look on his face and it spelled himself being critical.

Dad has a way of being controlling. As if he has the power. I just would sometimes listen to him like he was telling a story. And I didn't wish to hear him speak of what him and mom are concerned about. Maybe he has no idea what I have to go through. Him and mom divorcing and it has changed my life completely. He has no idea.

"Well stop being so critical, dad. Quit worrying about me. Stop treating me like a child. That's all you do. Can't you ever give me space?" I rambled at him in just anger.

"Emma, I know things been tough since your mother and me..." he paused but then breathed. "But I want you to be safe. And I hate seeing you distant from me. I'm your father. We used to talk. What happened, honey?"

"Mom moved out. And you let her. That's what happened." I spat, finally letting my anger spill right out of my mouth and I didn't back down.

He dropped his head and knew that it was the reason behind it. I pushed him away because dad and mom divorced and mom moved out.

"I see..." he seemed worried even though disappointment was in his voice. "This is about your mother leaving?"

"What did you do dad to make her leave?" I felt like yelling, but I stayed calm as possible but he looked nervous to speak.

I looked at my dad and saw regret. Sadness. It was like he was hiding something or not telling me something as well. And it made me concerned what happened with him an mom of why she left. And why they divorced? Two people who love each other can't just fall apart so fast as fast as they can fall in love? I just stared at my dad seeing how nervous he seemed.

"First off... I didn't do anything to make your mother leave. Let's make that clear. Your mother left on her own choice. That's all you need to know." He said flatly.

Dad didn't wish to talk about this when this was important to me because my mother left and he didn't fight for her or chased her. He just gave up.

"You didn't chase her." I reminded him. "You let her walk away. And you got no idea what that's like for me! And then after the divorce you start dating someone. Replacing mom. Like it was so easy to move on with someone I haven't even met yet." I snapped as if I could scream my lungs off.

    "Emma Chloe James... that is enough!" He clapped his hands, standing up. And from his scolding I could tell he is not listening to me.

      I rolled my eyes not wanting to listen to a word my dad had to say next.

    "Do you ever listen to me?" I shrieked.

      He walked over to me and that's when he grabbed my hands. "Honey, I am listening."

   "NO YOUR NOT!" I yelled at him again.

There was a lot tension of arguing with my dad. There was a time when we didn't argue. But that was before he and mom divorced. And I wasn't sure what to do at this point. This is our relationship right now. Arguing like the time about stupid things. And now it's about mom leaving. And I have just hate how much I can't believe he is my father. But all he cares about is Colleen. And I just don't like my father who cares about some stupid woman.

My heart was racing and I do not care at all if dad just gets more angry. I was right now on a verge to yell about everything. And I definitely didn't wanna hear a word about anything. Anything dad says isn't worth me hearing.

I pulled away from dad and I honestly didn't want to hear another word.

"Emma, I am sorry how you feel. I don't know how you feel. But I am sorry. I just wanted tonight to be a change. And I think it's time you meet Colleen. Tonight. So... just join me, Colleen and Christopher for dinner. We'll be eating on the patio." He said.

I sighed softly and he expressed to reply but instead I nodded silently.

      Dad had then left my room which I just stayed where I was when dad shut my door and I just didn't care about anything. And I definitely felt like screaming. But like I said, my father doesn't listen to anything I say.

     Once dad left I went over to my bed, throwing my pillow against the wall hard and a picture frame fell from my pillow hitting it. I wish it was a vase that broke. I just hated my dad more than anything right now. I just hated my dad for everything and the way he just let mom leave. I never been so pissed off in my life. I thought of what dad wants me to do. And obviously it is about dad dating Colleen. What if I don't wanna meet her. I honestly don't care about him. I just wish anything but meeting her. I wish I stayed at mom's now.

        "I definitely hate him." I mumbled to myself out loud.

With my door closed and I was sitting on my bed but I eventually she fell over on my back, lying down and I looked up at the ceiling. And I just had curiosity crossing my mind. And the only thing I thought about was my father and I. How we don't get along and how controlling he is. And how he is nothing like how I like him to be. He is my dad so I can think and say what I want about him. Marshmello barked so I sat up quickly. And I went down to the floor and he came running to me. He's a fluffy white dog that always seemed hyper. And he is extremely kind, loyal, loving, caring and just the greatest dog to be around. He only trusts me. He doesn't even like dad that much. Not like he used to.

Marshmello and I go back from when I was nine. And that's when I first met Marshmello. It was mom's idea to have a dog. I mean after all so many people have dogs. And dad actually was okay with it. And we even took Marshmello on vacations with us. Including the Lake house in Santa Maria. Yes, the same one that dad took mom to on a vacation trip before they were married. And that lake house we used and been going to since then till now. But now that mom and dad are divorced it won't be the same there anymore.

I had stared at my beautiful, amazing and fair kind dog, Marshmello. I had embraced him and I just thought of him being my best friend forever. And I smiled at him and envied him for not having to put up with my father's bullshit. And I kinda thought of nothing but wishing dad could go away for a few days. Or I should go away and maybe go to mom's and stay there. But I know dad would never let me.

I could hear noises downstairs. Which was definitely my dad's voice and I heard a woman's voice. Most likely Colleen. Her voice was a bit catchy to listen to. I guarantee that she's wearing red lipstick and has an expensive perfume on. Dad loves women that have anything expensive because it makes him totally grateful. And my dad is pretty observant and he can read someone like a book. He can see right through someone and knows if you outright lie to his face. And he always knows when or if, why and how I lie. That's the main reason why my mom fell in love with him because he is a reader and knows things. Whether if it's safety or just protection in general. It was how he could read her and that made her love him.

       My mom and dad are a couple years apart. My mom was born on March 5, 1976 in Los Angeles, California. But when mom was fifteen my grandparents moved her and Aunt Maggie to Santa Monica because Grandpa had a promotion and my mom was dating a jock because she was on the cheerleading team and it was 1991 and my mom dresses kinda like a tramp but it was how cheerleaders were back then. And my mom hooked up with a lot of guys when she was fifteen and that's why she's glad I haven't lost my innocence yet. And I just turned sixteen. And it's funny because my mom went to the high school I'm at. It's called Crawford High. And it's been around since 1925. So it's an old school. But the good thing is my mom never did drugs and never did anything illegal except she went out hooking up with numerous guys. But that changed in her senior year when she got pregnant but she had an abortion because Grandma made her of the idea that she couldn't be a teenage mom and it would ruin her life and she wouldn't be able to go to college. So my mom had the abortion which hurt her badly where she used to cry herself to sleep for months. And sometimes my mom doesn't get along with Grandma at all.

    And my dad was born November 11, 1978 in Santa Monica. And it's funny in high school he obviously did none of that. He didn't get anyone pregnant except my mom. And he probably didn't hook up with girls in his school. My dad attended Cherry Blossom High. And he definitely did some hooking up. My dad had witnessed the death of his own brother when he was fourteen. My Uncle Freddie's death was caused by an epileptic attack which he had frequent since he was born. Uncle Freddie was ten when he died and my dad wished he could have saved him. My dad's father was pretty abusive by using mean hateful words. And used to give my dad black eyes all the time. My dad used to treat Freddie unkind at times because he was envious of how much his dad loved Freddie and how he mistreated him and then when Freddie died my Grandpa blamed my dad for him dying only because he was there while he was struggling for his life. And it affected my dad all his life from then. And that was the moment when my dad wanted to become a surgeon to save people who he could save and saving others in a way tells him that he can save his brother as well.

      My dad went through school like anyone. In high school he did screw a lot of girls. And he did get high and he would take drugs and drink underage and party a lot. And my dad regrets that terribly. And also, my dad fears I could be having sex and taking drugs. And that's why I hide my diaries because I don't want him looking through them again. Which dad has done. Reading my diaries in order to see what I'm up to but now I hide them so he can't find them. And he doesn't need to worry because I'm still a virgin and I don't take drugs. I'm nothing like my father was. With him smoking weed like he used to back in 1996.

     I stared at my dog with his beautiful eyes. And by the way, I also have a cat. Her name is Wanda. But of course, I do everything to make sure that she is taken care of. But she mostly minds her own business.

      I had just haven't thought of wanting to do anything for that matter. I looked over and saw my picture frame I knocked down which was a picture of me, mom and dad. It was taken when I was five. And I guess I feel bad I let it fall because that picture reminds me of the family I once had. Even though dad thinks that this is still a family. But he doesn't understand that it's not. This is definitely not a family anymore just because he and Colleen are dating which is moving much faster than I thought.

    I sat at my dresser looking at myself in the mirror where my makeup was spilt over the dresser table and my hair was straight and looking perfect in its way as how brown my hair is. But I couldn't decide if I should wear my hair down or put it up in either a bun or ponytail. And I definitely decided to wear my hair half up and half down by clipping half of my hair up with a hair clip. And then I had taken out my fancy shoes that had a suede heels at the bottom of them and the color was peach.

     And so after I had just put on some little makeup and that is when I had decided to just head out my door but leaving Marshmello in my room. That's dad's rule to lock Marshmello up when strangers are over due to him maybe going crazy which has happened in the past like at my eighth grade graduation party and also my fifteenth birthday party he went nuts over strangers. So now we just lock him up in a room usually dad's or mine.

      I had gotten to the hallway and I tip toed down the staircase to join these people who I don't wish to or want to attend to join. And I stared at the picture frames hanging on the wall going down the staircase. And of course, I could hear the noise of cutting, chopping. Which was slow and then of course, I heard it from the kitchen. As I had entered the kitchen slowly.

      Entering the kitchen it is practically one of the largest kitchen's. But there's the table that has a big China vase with bouquet of flowers. And I the sink was diagonally. And of course, the window by the sink was wide and you could see right outside to our backyard where the pool is. And our patio along with the back deck. And then past the long kitchen is also the breakfast bar and there's the refrigerator that is silver colored. And the doors to the next room is the dining room which is gigantic but it's only used for occasions.

And in this very unique kitchen, I saw my dad and this woman who I think is definitely Colleen. I was observing them because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about or what he sees in this woman that he moved on so fast with. And so there was beautiful music playing through our house and of course, I had a look at Colleen who was this beautiful blonde. And she was wearing a red dress that I definitely didn't like. And I somehow just saw how she was showing him exactly how to cut the carrots the right way. And like I said my dad is a terrible cook.

And I was standing there for a while just watching them which angered me because my dad chose this woman over my mom. And I guarantee is way nicer and kinder than Colleen. But then also, I walked away and I had stared out the sitting room's window that showed our driveway and that's when I saw the black Mercedes Benz. And that is not my dad's car. Is it Colleen's? But I thought it looked nice.

When I turned around there was Christopher behind me but like in the doorway entry of the sitting room. And he is there looking handsome as hell. And it doesn't look like he was standing there for a while.

"Hey." He waved, but I remained silent and I had just breathed knowing he might think I'm a bitch already.

"How long have you been standing there?" I asked, crossing my arms and I definitely didn't wanna sound like a bitch so it came off my tongue a lot nicer. So I didn't sound like a complete bitch.

My heart throbbed as I stared at him. But I told myself not to think of him like that due to his mom dating my dad so it would be wrong and gross. But then again... it's not like their married. So what would the harm be? Besides he probably doesn't like me like that. But no one said I couldn't crush r daydream about him. But those gray eyes could make me go insane.

"Not long." He responded.

With my back turned to the window I had looked directly at him seeing him dressed nicely and very sexy and fancy. It is obviously like looking at a movie star. My mind thought dirty of him. What would it be like if he called me his and if I could call him mine. And those lips would probably feel so good on my neck.

"Christopher, look... I'm sorry about earlier. I was just freaked out. Because you were a stranger and I didn't know Colleen had a son. So I'm sorry about all of it and it's just that my-"

"-You don't need to explain anything. But I would have freaked out too if our roles were reversed." He cut me off, talking to me with a very calm voice that made me melt in some kind of way.

I looked back outside seeing the car that was extremely beautiful and I did love looking at it. So I did stare at it and I just tried picturing Colleen drive it. But it doesn't look like her kind of style. But people do like certain things. And I just loved looking outside altogether. And then Christopher stood next to me to see what exactly I was looking at. And with him right next to me he smelled of cologne and body wash. It was definitely intoxicating to take in. He definitely had this minty fresh scent. And if I could I would take it all in.

Stop it Emma! My subconscious scolded me.

"Do you like the car?" He chuckled, and his voice made me go nuts.

"Is it your mother's?" I asked, still staring at it but he was making me go fucking insane.

"No, it's mine. We drove my car here. Cause she doesn't love her Lincoln Aviator very much." He told me, which I couldn't believe it was his car.

"I love it, it's very gorgeous." I sighed pleasantly.

And then of course we heard our parents laughing but what we saw when we both looked into the kitchen was my dad unscrewing the cork to a wine bottle that he just took out of the wine pantry. And I just stared at how he poured two half glasses of Cherry on Top wine. This is some occasion. And in the two glasses they both happened to take sips from their glasses while busy with cooking. I rolled my eyes at how ridiculous dad is.

   "You probably shouldn't let your mom drive if she drinks." I turned to Christopher, telling him out of caution.

    He scoffed. "Don't worry. I'm the one who drove. She can't drive my car because it's a stranger to her."

    "Oh." I laughed, feeling dumb because obviously she's not gonna drive it when it's his car.

And I just stared at them both while the house started smelling like lasagna. And funny enough mom's favorite food is lasagna. So I just absolutely hated this entire idea. And is this special occasion? But then I heard Colleen laughing which definitely pissed me off because dad is making this strange woman laugh. And I stared over seeing Colleen make the salad and by then I had walked into the kitchen, passing Christopher. And when I did I cleared my throat.

And dad and Colleen both turned seeing me. And they both remained silent but they both stared.

"Dad," I dragged it out as if being irritated or wanting something.

"You must be Emma." Colleen smiled but she placed down her wineglass and cleaned her hands with the towel.

I nodded.

"Your father has told me so much about you. In fact, he never shuts up about you. But I can see why." She giggled. "But it is pleased to meet you."

"You too." I nodded.

"But allow me to apologize for Christopher. I'm sure he didn't mean to scare you earlier. But deep down, he's sorry." Colleen said which I kinda laughed.

"He doesn't need to be. I panicked and freaked out." I said. "And not to mention, I was only dressed in a towel."

My dad's face looked angry and frustrated all of a sudden where I kinda stepped back a little. And this is the part of my dad I hate seeing.

"You what?" He sneered as his face turned red in fury. "You were practically naked?"

"Yes. What's the big deal?" I sighed with irritation.

He threw his hands down at his sides. "I don't know Emma! Maybe that you were dressed in a towel and Christopher saw you with no clothes on almost. I mean what were you doing wearing just a towel around the house?"

"Well maybe if you called or text me that your girlfriend's son was coming by that you gave another key to then I wouldn't have been in just a towel. But since I didn't know...how was I supposed to know anyone was coming by!" I snapped at my dad as if it were a game by snapping back and forth at each other.

"Edward, she didn't know. Don't attack her. Shes your daughter for goodness sake." Colleen scolded him.

I don't know which it was that he was upset about. The fact I was just in a towel or the fact a guy saw me in the towel. My dad has been overprotective of me when it comes to boys and dating. I guess my dad is worried if I have a boyfriend that I will have sex and then he'll be terrified I could get knocked up. And that's when I just refuse to tell him anything because this is how he reacts. Impulsive and angry. And that's not what I wanna deal with.

"It won't happen again." Christopher happened to say having to probably overhear us talking.

"Yes, it won't dad! We promise. But like I said I wasn't aware of anyone coming over." I repeated myself and that's when my dad sighed and walked away from me.

Colleen softly chuckled from how rebellious my dad was being and then she winked at me.

And by then, I started to help in the kitchen myself even though I was going to set the table and then after clear it off like I always do. But it has been months. But I just rolled my eyes at how ridiculous dad was being. But after fifteen minutes everything was normal. And I had just stared at how nice the patio looked from being inside. It was lit up and it was definitely occasional. What is dad and Colleen have to say or do that is occasional?

I had carried out the plates which Christopher offered to help me set the table which I was grateful for. Because it is usually me who sets the table. And I just thought of nothing but how attractive Christopher is. Why is he so attractive? What is going on with me that I like him. Now I know how Peach is of why she likes Logan so much.

And there was this beautiful violin music playing outside and the pool was lit up and it was after seven. And of course, I just thought of being here tonight to make dad happy and respect him like I promised mom. And so, I stared over at Christopher. But however, I went to the cooler and I opened the top taking out a Coke. And I handed it to Christopher.

"What for?" He smiled.

"Because your a guest." I said it in a question but more as if I was insulting him with a bit of humor.

And of course, the nice wineglasses sat on the table and I had made sure the forks were nicely placed perfect. And that the table was spotless. And I just stared at Christopher who placed the Coke down and he had stared over at me but I wanted him to look at me in a different way. I wish he could see that I was beautiful.

"I like your bracelet." He complimented.

"Thank you. It's a charm. My dad got it for me when I turned fifteen. And ever since I been adding charms onto it." I explained. "Like Christmas. And my birthday which was last week." I played with it as it was on my wrist loosely.

"Do you like the charms you got on it so far?" He asked.

"Yes, I definitely do. Peach and I picked them out like crazy last Christmas. She got the apple, the banana, and the watermelon and of course the peach. And then... Mandy got me the cross which is a Christian cross. And then Victoria got this school, church, and a box that is where you open it to say prayers in." I explained.

He seemed intrigued.

"So I'm guessing Peach is a friend of yours?"

"My best best best friend. We been friends for like well forever it seems. But she comes from a very high class family. Her father is basically Gatsby. I'm talking the rich people kind." I giggled afterwards and he must have thought I was joking but I clearly wasn't.

"So why is she called Peach?" He straight out asked.

I'm glad Peach isn't here to hear him ask it.

"Because her face is round. A round baby face that she looks like a peach. That's what I was told." I said.

      And by then, I heard Colleen and dad came out which was nice they came from the kitchen coming right out into the patio. And I remained silent which was something I am used to doing by being very observant like my dad in ways.

     The lasagna was freshly made and on the table while was the salad and of course the casserole bowl. And I just thought of dad being too worried at this point. And I don't remember home being this sweet. He was never like this with mom. At least not that I remember.

    "It looks like you two are getting along." Colleen giggled, placing down the parmigiana cheese on the table.

    I smiled in response to her and of course we waited for dad when he poured those two wineglasses half up with the wine in it. And I just thought of how crazy it is for people to drink.

     And the second I sat down, I looked at the pool that looked lovely. And I just smiled at it as it flowed with it's lights on. And I just observed everything. And of course my glass of water was right by my plate. And I guess you can say this dinner felt like it flew by fast. And I just looked at dad who was all smiles all night. And at the table, I noticed Colleen actually rubbing his arm and this kinda uncomfortable for me. I just went crazy by being here and seeing and I wonder if Christopher is feeling the same uncomfortableness. Only because she's not with his dad. I wonder where Christopher's father is? Did he abandon them or take off? But I don't think it's my business to butt in.

But the first conversation was about my whales and polar bears. So I kinda just listened because I love animals. And of course I think of how much these animals do need our help for love. If we don't give it to them then who will? I have always loved these type of animals and of course when it comes to them in danger it makes me feel nothing but sad. And I just can't even imagine it.

And as I have told dad about the bad situation of whales being hunted. But after they were speaking about the whales they eventually went to the idea of Colleen not ready to meet dad's parents. My grandparents. That is Grandma Barbra and Grandpa Joseph. And I guess my dad wants his parents to meet his new girlfriend he moved on with right after the divorce.

Let me tell you about my father's parents. When my mom left my dad didn't tell his parents. In a way it was like he was ashamed of it. And somehow his mother was angry how she found out by mom's mother. And that's when dad's mother was furious and even confronted him one day when I was out. And when she found out dad was moving on with another woman... it had angered her that he'd do that so I don't think that Grandma won't accept Colleen at least not right away.

    I had looked at Colleen, I wondered what it was that made dad chose this woman. Colleen was wearing a red laced dress that was knee cut and red heels. Her perfume was even strong. And her lips were bright red from her lipstick. And her blonde hair hung long past her shoulders in lose curls and her eyes were blue. And sometimes it's like she can see right through you when she stares or looks at you.

    And I looked directly at my dad who just loved talking to Colleen about everything. And I think they gossip about things that go on in their lives. And I just don't appreciate any of this in which I don't think this is something my dad should be doing.

   "So Emma, where do you go to school?" Colleen changed the subject my dad and her were talking about and went directly into asking me about my school.

"Crawford High." I replied.

I started to enjoy the salad more than anything and having this water. And I gotta day salad is usually the best part at the dinner table. And I had seen Colleen's face go to excitement.

"That sounds like a good school. Is it well educated?" She asked, drinking from her wine.

"It's been well good for students who go to college after like big careers." I said.

"Is there a career you want after you graduate?" She seemed curious being desperate.

"Doctor." I answered softly which was auditable enough for her to hear.

Dad smiled when I said that because he's a surgeon.

"Like your dad?" Colleen looked between me and my dad.

I shook my head. "No, not a surgeon. A Cardiologist."

      She had nodded and she kinda liked the thought I had a thought of my own dreams that are persistent of mine.

   I looked over at Christopher who was observing our conversation which I definitely liked how he watched. But I was staring over at his gray eyes. And those gray eyes were beyond perfect. Any girl to have him would be lucky. I wonder if he does have a girlfriend? And in San Diego I'm sure guys can get any girl they want.

I heard dad telling Colleen that I take after him when it comes to dreams but my looks technically come from my mother by beauty.
I have my mom's eyes but I get my personality from my father. They say I have my mom's nose while my dad and I have the same complexion. It's an English heritage thing from my dad's side and my mom's side that is the Grant which was cut down but is actually the Grantolesca. But over generations it was shortened coming from France.

"So, Christopher goes to North Cott High. And in San Diego it is pretty good when it comes to people like Christopher. He got expelled three times, in his Freshman year, Sophomore year and Junior year. And every time he had to go to a new school. But back at North Cott for a last time without getting expelled, thank god." Colleen praised and took a drink from her glass.

"Mom!" Christopher scolded in embarrassment. "Let's not talk about this."

"There's nothing to be ashamed of about your past. And it's all in the past." Colleen said.

      And I had liked getting to know more about Christopher. And I honestly don't know much about him and I basically had to know everything about Christopher in just one night because our parents are dating and we both might see each other frequently. It's not like their married so we don't have to worry if anything... on the romantic side we're to happen.

    "I'm actually not ashamed of it because then I wouldn't learn from them and be who I am today." Christopher said to Colleen.

"Of course, honey. That's exactly true." She nodded.

"Well I like to hear about it. It's nice getting to know you both. Even though this is my first day meeting you guys. But I can't help but think I'm missing something. What is the occasion?" I said.

Dad coughed shortly. "Occasion, honey? What makes you say that?"

"Is there something you wish to tell us?" I pointed at Christopher and myself and I could see dad was hiding something.

"Emma, tonight I wanted you to meet Colleen and Christopher. I thought it was about time you do. That's what tonight is about. There is no occasion."

Liar.

I am like my dad in ways. And that is that I can tell if someone isn't being honest. And I can see right through him. And I know something is up. Colleen blushed as if she was hiding something as well. And saw Colleen playing with her ring on her finger. And she seems to not be over her ex husband as well.

"Well you both are dating when Colleen still wears her wedding ring." I pointed out. "But it looks kinda new." I frowned.

"As a matter of fact... the truth is we do have something to tell you." Colleen spoke up.

Thank God, I thought to myself.

        And of course I thought of one thing they might have to say. So I panicked.

    "Wait..." I started. "Your pregnant, Colleen, aren't you? I can't believe this. It's been a few months since you and mom divorced and now you got Colleen pregnant. How is this gonna look to the family?" I rambled.

    "Emma, slow down." Dad tried quieting me but I ignored him calmly.

"I can't believe you dad! This is obviously very selfish of you. I mean so serious into it. I cannot believe this." I felt anxiety bear over me.

"Is that what's going on?" Christopher asked, believing me as well.

Dad looked a bit infuriated and then Colleen had pulled dad back a bit so he wouldn't get angry. And something tells me she doesn't like when he gets angry.

"No no no, I'm not pregnant. And I don't have plans anytime soon or ever to get pregnant. At least not now. But there is something... we do need to talk about." Colleen said.

I honestly had no idea what it could be possibly be. But at least I could breathe knowing that Colleen isn't pregnant. And I just relaxed, looking at dad and Colleen in confusion of what they had to tell us. And that made Christopher and me definitely lost in curiosity. The curiosity that made us feel stuck. Or at least I did.

   "What is it exactly?" I asked.

         The silence was killing me. And I was losing my patience. But dad looked nervous and uncomfortable.

   "Mom, what is it?" Christopher asked who I looked over at with curiosity as him.

I just wish they'd tell us what it is. What kinda news do they have to tell us? And I just can't handle all the little whispering. I don't know if I'm fine with this silent treatment. But whatever it is I can tell it's something either I or Christopher won't like. Due to the fact that they keep looking at each other in fear and how dad has been secret about everything for the past week. And I definitely know something is up.

I thought I might have to be prepared to get angry or to be prepared to get upset or walk away from whatever it is. I just tried relaxing myself and I felt worried because they stared at us with apprehension.

"What is it, daddy?" I asked feeling impatient and a bit overwhelmed.

"The thing is... since we are dating. And you know people do happen to fall fast. And people do crazy things. But nothing is gonna change us our your families. Everything will be the same and if you grow to hate us it's fine. But I don't wanna be responsible for a panic." Dad said, his face showed fear.

Colleen grabbed onto his hand. "And there's a lot of things that are to happen. But us being together won't change nothing."

Christopher and I both looked at each other with a what-are-they-talking-about face.

"I'm lost." Christopher chuckled.

And then I noticed the ring on her finger and it was shiny and looked new. I don't think that is from her ex husband. Dad must have given it to her. But it's a pure diamond. And it's beautiful and lovely to be honest. When I get married I hope mine looks ten times better and bigger than hers.

"Please tell us." I muttered.

"Emma... Christopher... last week we went out to a nice vacation trip over the weekend." Colleen started.

"And it was by the beach. In the Bahamas. And I had proposed to Colleen. So with little said, we're getting married." He said.

I don't remember if I had cried or felt guilty or maybe envy or anger. But I do remember staying silent and no emotions came out of me. I stayed quiet and I couldn't believe this because I was so shocked. And I lost my mind just about. I wanted to cry but I couldn't. I just stayed silent and my ears were ringing and it was silence around me. I think dad kept asking me if I was alright. I looked over at Christopher who could tell I was not fine. Not with this news at all.

       I wasn't sure if I wanted to scream or just outright cry. I didn't know what to think or how to feel. I thought I might lose it. And I needed to find a way to get out of this. And I couldn't even believe any of it. How could dad do this? And better yet, why would he do this? Is this all he wanted? What has he done? I mean I just met Colleen tonight. And I find out on the first time meeting her that dad is engaged after a week. How could he do this? What about mom? I could hardly breathe and what I wanted was to just go and die.

    If Colleen thinks she is going to take my mother's place just because she and dad are engaged I will not bear it or even listen to her. And I shouldn't have to when I have no relation to her. She looks like a tramp. Dressed in that short laced knee cut red dress and long manicure red nails and her heavy makeup. And her strong perfume. I can only imagine of her just taking my dad for the house and money. She could just be using him for how wealthy he is. How could this be? Colleen looks to be twenty six.

   "Emma," dad said, bringing me back to reality.

     I blinked, seeing I'm stuck at the table holding in anger. "Yes?"

    "What do you have say? About Colleen and I getting married?" He raised his brows, patiently waiting for me to say something. Positive, I think.

    There was so much I could say.

     I wanted to say; I can't believe you are marrying Colleen when you just got divorced and plus mom is still sad about the divorce. And plus, you don't even know Colleen. She could just be after your money. You get engaged within a month of dating. What the fuck is wrong with you?

    But I remained calm and didn't say any of those harsh mean things. So I just stayed silent. I had so much hateful things I could say. And I just hate him so much now. I started to breathe heavy and I couldn't even relax from it coming at me and I felt like my chest was caved in. I felt like I was going to have to walk on eggshells. With whatever I say.

   "Emma, please talk to me?" His voice was calm. And I knew he was impatient just like I was a few moments ago.

"No." I mumbled which I tried hiding my tears that bout to fall. "No, no, no, no." I had felt my stomach start to hurt and I was breathing heavily and then I pushed myself out of the chair and I got up fleeing from the patio.

I heard dad call my name several times but I had gone back inside the house and I ran upstairs to my room to grab my phone and then I had gone up into the attic where I locked it staying stuck in the dark place. I turned the light on. And I had sat on the little swing I built when I was seven. And I've been coming up here since I could remember. And I immediately started to breakout crying. And I was crying in wails that I just wish I could leave. I do not wish to act like everything is okay with dad getting married to someone I barely know.

What was my purpose? What was all this? How could dad do this to me? To us? It's not even a year and he goes and gets engaged to someone else. What kind of guy does that? And I don't feel the need to even argue or fight with dad.

"Why?" I cried to myself, leaning forward.

The only thing I wanted to do was cry every tear from my eyes and scream until my voice would break. And I just hated my dad more than I ever could. And by then someone knocked on the door as in my grief room. The attic is where I go to be alone and to be by myself. When my parents used to fight this where I'd go. Even if it was three in the morning.

"I don't wish to talk right now!" I called back to the person whoever it was. So I remained where I was until they knocked again like a deaf moron.

Did they not hear what just said?

"WHAT?!" I growled, getting up by opening the door to the attic.

And when I opened it I saw Colleen there who was the last person I wish to see.

"Colleen... I thought you were... never mind." I shook my head, allowing her in when I really wish she'd go back to San Diego.

"I thought you and me could talk. Your dad didn't want me to. But I think we should talk. After you received the news we just told you it has to be a lot to take in." She acted as if this was a good thing.

I sat down on the swing and she sat in the loveseat. I couldn't bear to even think of Colleen marrying my dad. And I just hated this woman for stepping in. And I don't care if I'm being a bitch. But he is my dad and I do have a say.

"What did you wanna talk about?" I asked.

"You and me. Just us girls. I thought we could have a heart to heart." She smiled and her red lipstick told lots of sneaky things.

What the fuck?

"I know that you are unhappy of me marrying your dad. And I would be the same if I were in your shoes. But you need to think of me as taking your mom's place. But you can think of me as like a best friend." She explained.

"Colleen," I wiped my hands together. "I know your doing what's best. But it's not you. It's my dad. He's the issue here. It hasn't been a year yet. And he decides to get engaged after a few months."

"I know. But your dad and I love each other." She said as if it was the true story when I could see right through her.

"Perhaps." I commented. "But I don't hate you, Colleen. It's not your fault he was married to my mom for eighteen years and then after got with someone so quick and then gets engaged." I crossed my arms.

    Colleen looked like she felt sorry.

  "Your dad tells me you were very close with your mother. I'm sorry that she moved out." She looked sorry for me when she doesn't even know me.

I felt like she definitely was on my side rather than dad's. Or defending her engagement. And I just thought of how much it hurts about my dad being engaged so quickly. I was fine with dad and Colleen just dating but getting married I can't approve.

"You talking to me isn't going to change my mind on how I feel about you marrying my dad." I said.

"Emma, there will be a day when you know what love truly is. And how to find it and have it with the right person. And your dad... well he is definitely the right kind of man." She said to me.

"My dad isn't capable of love. I mean look what happened to my parents. You and my dad won't last." I crossed my legs as I was on the swing feeling nothing but sadness.

And I stared at how her blue eyes just were on me. And she definitely looked as if she was seeing right through me. Even though I could see right through her too. Which is a perfect gift I have.

"But deep down, it is hard to get used to it. But in time you'll see..." she said.

"Colleen, don't underestimate him." I warned.

     "I won't. As long you won't." She said.

        It took me time to actually understand why my dad had to find someone who is just as smart as I am. But mostly because my dad seems to want to be with Colleen but forget my mom is still the house. And I had been beyond sad to watch my parents marriage fall apart.

      I looked at Colleen with apprehension so that's why I nodded to her instead of saying anything.

       After Colleen left the attic I had just felt beyond alone and thought of everything Colleen said. But was she right? I had then gotten up and leaving the attic and I went downstairs and back out to the patio where Colleen was with my dad and Christopher. And I had returned saying nothing but I returned sitting down as if nothing happened. Even though it did. I had so much I wanted to say to dad. But I remained silent.

    I stared at that ring Colleen had on and it just made me angry. And I looked at dad who just knew how angry I was. Probably more angry than I ever have at him.

   "Dad," I spoke up.

  "What is it, Emma?" He asked in which he knew exactly what I had say. And his face said it all.

    "You haven't thought about me? You and Colleen have been engaged for a week and never said anything until now when I first met Colleen. And what about Christopher and me? Did you ask your own kids what we thought?" I sat there letting my words really get to them.

  "She's right, mom." Christopher added. "What's to happen when you get married? You expect us to just move here?" His voice turned all raspy.

    "The wedding is to happen next month, dear. And yes, we're gonna move in with Edward and Emma. It'll be a new start. A new change. For the both of us." Colleen explained to him and my ears were opened to every word.

   "So this means Christopher and I will be...?" I muttered looking at him.

    "Stepbrother and stepsister." Colleen replied.

Fuck no! I thought. He's too hot to be my stepbrother. And I had thought of nothing but just not being able to stop thinking about how beautiful he is. In his face, in heart and everything about him isn't brother material.

"You want me to leave everything behind in San Diego and just move to Santa Monica?" He said.

"Christopher, trust me. You can drive to San Diego whenever you want. You can visit your friends whenever you want." Colleen said but something tells me it wasn't about his friends.

"Did you forget that our house was the house you and dad bought seventeen years ago? And your just gonna sell it?" Christopher seemed as upset as I was. "And we're gonna move here?"

Colleen seemed to have tears in her eyes as if she remembered it.

"What would dad think?" He spat to her.

       I paused because there was something I don't know about. And I just stared at Christopher and Colleen. But Christopher looked like he was dying inside since dad and Colleen have mentioned about getting married.

    "Your dad would want me to be happy. It's been six years, Christopher. And I do still love your father. But I think he would want us to move on." Colleen said hotly.

     Something tells me that his father isn't alive. The way their talking it's as if he is dead. And it makes me wonder what secrets is being held? And his story must be worse. My parents just divorced. My mom isn't dead. And I can't compare to Christopher at all. This must affect him more than it is me.

    "Move on?" He sounded like he might cry. "He was your husband." His voice went low and it was soft but it was kinda sad to hear this.

   "Christopher, please." She shut her eyes as if this was too much.

I took my time to process this all. No matter how hard it was. I just remained silent with dad as we watched Colleen and Christopher both bicker to each other. And I just couldn't stand the idea that both of our parents are selfish and don't think about their kids.

"Your just gonna walk away and act like dad was nothing to you?" He definitely looked ready to go insane.

I had to think of what to do about this. It made me feel so awful for Christopher now knowing that his father is dead and seeing his mom move on with my dad it must hurt a lot and I can't imagine this happening right in front of me. I thought of several things like perhaps say something before one gets in a heated fight.

"Honey, it's not November yet." Colleen looked down not giving eye contact with her son.

"Which is why we don't need to worry about any of this. And tonight was supposed to be no disagreements or arguments." Dad said.

I thought that maybe dad is right. But it definitely was worse than I wanted it to be. And I thought of dad being this demanding man again. Kind of like how bossy he is.

"Yes, let's not worry about any of this." Colleen nodded at my dad as she looked at my dad like he has been the only man she's loved. But only in a long long long time.

It took a few moments to quit the awful things that just passed by. And I stared at the table that I jumped into clearing off right away. I had taken every dish, every utensil as I could back and forth into the kitchen where dad allowed me to do the dishes as I pleased. But while I opened the dishwasher I turned the sink on allowing to rinse the plates off and put into the dishwasher. And as I grabbed a glass rinsing and then putting it into the dishwasher.

I looked outside the window where the pool was and it made me feel like this entire house would change after dad and Colleen get married. Which is next month. And how it happens I just don't wish to think about it. Not at all. But as the water in the sink was running I turned my attention back to getting the dishes back into the dishwasher.

As I got most of everything in I allowed the platter to go in. And of course I heard footsteps approach their way which I thought would be dad.

"Do you need help?" Christopher offered.

"Sure."

And with that silence arrived in the room. But more importantly I just had exactly what was going on through my mind. And I thought of how much I loved to hear a lot of people talk about themselves but Christopher has this coy side to him.

"I'm sorry." I spoke to him as I handed him the dish rag.

He breathed as it was silent in the kitchen. "For what?"

"About your dad. And about our parents getting married." I rolled my eyes jokingly.

"Yeah, I'm not a fan of them as much as you aren't." He chuckled.

There was so much I definitely wanted to know. I know he's from San Diego and it must be a very kind place to go at. And I just thought of what his life is like. Dating, friends, athletic, school, etcetera.

"What's it like where your from?" I said, placing another plate in the dishwasher.

"Everything is perfect. The people. The school districts. The coffee shops, food and it's all nostalgic." He said.

"Anything you do there?" I said.

"I used to drive fast. In my father's black mustang. And it still sits in our garage. I used to drive it because I love to drive fast." He said, and in a way that sounded extremely fun and dangerous.

"I've never been to San Diego but it sounds nice." I daydreamed about it.

Christopher is very calm and how I am here talking to him it is like I can talk to him about anything. And I definitely love how he speaks making me comfortable. And it's like there's a strange connection or like I know who he is. And every time I look into his gray eyes I feel like I'm lost or I can just stay with the guy I am feeling my heart beat to every second.

"How old are you?" I asked, closing the dishwasher and turning it on.

"Seventeen." He smiled, and leaned against the counter and it made me wonder who he was under those clothes.

Stop this, Emma!

"Your very courageous to take all of this in. I can't even bear it." He struggled a bit and then leaned over.

"My parents divorced a few months ago. And to see him move on so quickly... it's hard to accept." I frowned thinking about it.

I had thought of nothing except the fact that I am hearing talking to my future stepbrother. And I honestly wasn't ready to just make everything perfectly okay with things of our parents getting married so fast. And I looked at his eyes and the way he was against the counter definitely had me thinking of other important things. And I just enjoyed the time of having to talk to someone my age.

I watched him bite his lower lip. And I just wanted to bite it myself.

"Your very intelligent, Emma. But I just wanna say that I'm sorry about earlier the whole towel and startling moment." He said, which there was a shyness to his voice.

"Don't be. And it doesn't matter... I'm sorry myself." I smiled.

And once I saw exactly what I needed to see. Christopher Greyson who is not like anyone I have ever met before. Or I have known. And the only thing I think about is what life will be like to have Christopher as a brother. But how when I'm crushing like crazy on him. When he doesn't know anything how I feel. And it's probably best he doesn't know.

I looked at Christopher as if I was stuck in a world that only the two of us existed in.

"It brought out who we are. I mean next month we will be living together and we'll have to get used to each other. And get along. And we're gonna go to the same school." He said.

"School?" I gulped. "If your going to Crawford High... I recommend you stay away from Amber Glossy. She literally thinks she can have any guy she wants. She chases every guy in the school." I chuckled, smiling as Christopher laughed in response.

    "I think I can handle myself, Emma." He smiled which I did look at him as if it was something good to imagine him doing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Afterwards I noticed Colleen was actually deciding to stay over and not go home while Christopher decided to go home no matter how much Colleen worried about him driving at night back to San Diego. And even though, he went anyway. And right then, I just saw Christopher drive away seeing it from the sitting room's window. And he had his headlights on and I watched his nice beautiful Mercedes Benz pull out. And however, I happened to go to bed around nine. But before I did I had Marshmello in bed with me and I lied there in a white Varsity T-Shirt.

        And I did absolutely drink a nice cold cup of water and then I had thrown my hair into a braid and then I just lied in bed where I only thought about everything except dad getting married.

      However that morning turned to my nightmare when I woke up for breakfast on a Saturday. And I saw Colleen there and my dad. And they were extremely happy and Colleen was handy with making the breakfast. But I remained silent as I entered the kitchen smelling like bacon. But what it was was me thinking how gross it was watching Colleen make out with my father.

   And I just sat down pouring myself a glass of orange juice from the pitcher. And Colleen was wearing a plaid button down shirt. It was my father's. And she was walking around like that. And my mother never dressed like that. The next thing you know is that my dad will walk around I just a towel.

    I looked at how ridiculous they look. And I did look at Colleen at how silly she was. But something tells me that she is deeply in love with him. And I used to see my mom look at him like that. But I ask what changed?

~~~~~~

       WEEKS PASSED and of course Colleen came over every day. And of course I didn't see Christopher since the dinner. And Colleen talked a lot about the church and that the reception would happen here at our house. And the yard is big enough and it was definitely Colleen's idea. And mom still has no clue that dad is getting in married. On the fourth of November. And it's not too far away and I'm not ready for it.

       I did go out with Colleen for lunch for day. It was when she didn't have to show a house as a real estate agent. And so, she told me that my dad was lucky to have a daughter like me. And she told me that I was perfect as being kind and young. But she said that she definitely loved my courage. And she showed me her wedding dress. And I think I nearly fainted. And then she showed me the wedding veil that she'd be wearing due to it being her great great Grandmother's. And it was definitely beautiful. But also the dress I'd be wearing because she made me one of her bridesmaids. Which I was grateful for.

    And the weeks did go quickly by Colleen and dad making plans and making arrangements for the wedding. And I was tired of it. But after a while I got over it. But then dad did tell mom about his engagement to Colleen. And of course, this didn't go well. I secretly heard them arguing one afternoon while I was upstairs. And I looked out the window and saw mom crying in her car. She looked devastated. And a few days later, mom checked herself back into therapy and got onto antidepressants. Which she's been taking since the divorce. And I cried for her.

    What's the meaning of being the daughter of a surgeon and a French Teacher? When deep down I might go into the life of Jean Louise Finch.

But then I thought where I do I go now?

A/N:
Hey you guys! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter! More is definitely coming! And I'm excited to be on this journey with you guys! And please vote and comment!

#loveyourself
#staybeautiful

MEOW 🐈 🐱 💛💛

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

1.3M 32.5K 55
"Go, I don't want to make you hate me for what I did." he says softly as a tear of drop dipped from his eyes. "What are you talking about?" I approac...
694K 15.4K 28
"You see I would happily screw, but not get off. I want to listen to you moan my name, scream it. I want to feel your kitten tighten around me. I wan...
668K 15.9K 61
August & Colin | WRU series | book 1 We take risks. We make mistakes. We lie. We love. We hurt. We lose total control. I took a risk. I paid the pri...
26.4K 1.3K 37
I DO NOT OWN ANY RIGHTS TO THE PHOTO'S OR THE MUSIC! Andy wraps a hand around both my wrists keeping my arms above my hand and drops the other hand d...