HILL VALLEY ยน, back to the fu...

By circa1985

" ๐™Ÿ๐™ช๐™จ๐™ฉ ๐™ฅ๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข๐™ž๐™จ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™ฌ๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ ๐™š ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™—๐™–๐™˜๐™  ๐™๐™ค๐™ข๐™š. . . " ยทหš๐Ÿ›นโšก๏ธ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ... More

๐‡๐ˆ๐‹๐‹ ๐•๐€๐‹๐‹๐„๐˜
๐’‘๐’๐’‚๐’š๐’๐’Š๐’”๐’•
๐’ˆ๐’“๐’‚๐’‘๐’‰๐’Š๐’„ ๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’๐’๐’†๐’“๐’š
i. skatepark buddies
ii. born to lose
iii. the outcasts
iv. arcade deception
v. jealous guy
vi. you don't own me
vii. summer of '85
viii. young lust
ix. sneaky feelings
x. tardy slip
xi. world's second time-travelers
xii. red letter date
xiii. learnin' the game
xv. man from space
xvi. roll over beethoven
xvii. you can never tell
xviii. stupid cupid
xix. tender trap
xx. pink shoe laces
xxi. just a fool
xxii. a fool in love
xxiii. save the clock tower
xxiv. lone pine mall
xxv. lightning never strikes twice

xiv. a many splendored-thing

1.7K 64 72
By circa1985

➩ 𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟: 𝕤𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕒𝕝 𝕛𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕪 𝕓𝕪 𝕕𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕤 𝕕𝕒𝕪

MARTY STEPPED over to the bedroom door in the middle of the night while him and Amanda were meant to be sleeping before waking up tomorrow to head towards the high school with Doc. He raised his hand up to gently push the door being met with her seeming to already have been up as well. Amanda looked to him surprised and lifted herself out of the sheets to look at him confused. "Why are you still up?"

"I can't sleep," Marty admitted. Making his way over to sit at the foot of the bed, she only crossed her legs to await him explaining why he was here by the troubled look he had in his eyes. "You're still up."

"Since you could've almost got shot along with—" Amanda stopped and tucked her knees in over having to relieve it by even mentioning the event. "But we'll be fine. You should get back to bed."

Watching her avoid admitting she was scared of everything going on just as much as he was, Marty played with the ends of the blanket in worry. "Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

"You always take the floor and I always end up feeling bad. Just sleep in your room, okay? Everything will work itself out tomorrow," She assured him with a soft smile.

Wanting to ask something else, Marty only nodded over her words and leaned out to hold her hand tightly. Her eyes gazed down to their hands intertwined in surprise over her own emotions she'd been questioning that were put on hold since this mess occurred for them. The boy before her, however, was only continuously being fueled by his sentimentality the more danger they were put in. "Same goes for you. Don't try to hold everything in, okay?" Amanda smiled over this and nodded as he kissed the back of her hand tenderly before leaving out the room again.

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

NEEDING TO GET RID of their futuristic garment according to the Doc, Amanda huffed in annoyance at the mirror as Marty chuckled under his breath at the sight of her. Shoving his hands in his pockets he stood next to her to have Amanda look to his attire as well that suited him more so than hers. He played with the end of her hair tied up into a ponytail with a pink ribbon to have her pout to him through the mirror. "I don't think I've seen you in a skirt that goes past your knees."

Rolling her eyes at this she shoved him aside over the comment. "Debbie Harry would never. I'm leaving the punk 70's past behind and rolling with a Doris Day look after all this is settled." The statement sent Marty rolling and she couldn't help to find it contagious, laughing along with him. Thinking to herself she held the cardigan close. "You sleep alright after last night?"

He brushed it off, the two of them looking to see Doc trying to hurry along from outside of the shop. "Just promise you'll be the smart one out of us two and actually fix my mistake."

Frowning over him giving himself a hard time she attempted to remain level-headed for his sake. "Marty, you don't screw things up. Curiosity has a way of getting to the best of people," Amanda explained. He eyed her for a moment, giving his friend a side smile as he softened his gaze.

Marty knew she meant every word, despite still feeling stupid for screwing up in the first place. It was hard being friends with a person who was rational, but it also kept him aware that he was making someone worry about what was going on in his head. Especially Amanda who could've just been as worried if not more and too headstrong to admit it. "You're smart, Amy. You can see your parent and not manage to make yourself disappear apparently from the catastrophe of it all. I'm not being self-depreciating, just honest."

Deciding to shift the conversation away from their current state, she changed the topic to anything else that could make either of them continue to dwell. "So, am I gonna be getting an introduction to this new person you're fawning over in '85 or you gonna let me find out for myself?" Noticing him suddenly grow nervous, she looked to him confused. Marty was awkward as hell, sure, but never with Amanda. They were too comfortable with each other and the sight of him acting like this was strange. "My god you must really like her then if you're shaking like that, blue?"

Trying to get himself to calm down over her not having realized who it was he was referring to, Marty was a stammering mess instead of successfully being able to relax. "It was nothing, honestly? I— I really shouldn't have even said anything to begin with," He tried to explain.

Knowing him well enough to know he was obviously lying and wanted something to distract her from the possibility of not going back home, she continued to egg the conversation on. "Oh, come on! Just tell me! I bet it's Zee from Homeroom, it's gotta be."

Marty took a deep breath suddenly, clasping her hands cut her short of making another smart comment. Doc burst through the shop doors suddenly, having them turn to see him waiting expectantly. Amanda looked to see him frown suddenly without realizing it was due to the interruption. "It is Zee from Homeroom, you got me."

"See, told ya. Why did I think it was me to begin with, c'mon," She thought to herself as she slipped Marty's hand out of her own.

The teens then followed Doc to the way of Hill Valley High. Amanda looked up to see the pristine nature of the high school in '55 as opposed to the absolute shit show its made itself to be in '85. Students were still passing through on their way to school, having her attentively wait to hear what was Doc's plan to help Marty's situation.

"Now remember, according to my theory you interfered with with your parent's first meeting. They don't meet, they don't fall in love, they won't get married and they wont have kids. That's why your older brother's disappeared from that photograph. Your sister will follow and unless you repair the damages, you will be next," Doc explained in a straight-forward manner.

Marty looked on confused. "This sounds pretty heavy," He muttered out and started ahead as Amanda followed along behind him.

"Weight has nothing to do with it?" She turned back to see Doc confused by the phrase, not even trying to confuse him more by explaining it to him. The high school was crowded with numerous teens, all apparently living the same stereotypical social statuses that exist even in '85. Such only making her worry she was going to be stuck in some alternate form of her already shitty high school, except this one is at least cleaner but lacking in friendly faces. "That's him."

Amanda looked over to where Marty was motioning to where his father was, seeing him be picked on by Biff's gang. Noticing her own dad laughing along with them, sbe stopped for a second upon realization. The auburn haired haired woman drifted past the scene unfazed to have her widen her eyes in recollection of the photographs and yearbook she'd found in the attic. "Mom," She spoke under her breath.

Amanda turned around back to see a larger crowd walking past the three of them and left alongside them for a moment. Knowing very well she was putting my own future at risk, there still were answers she could never have from the emotional baggage left by one woman. She just needed to see for herself who her mother was. Being too preoccupied on cornering his father or mother, Marty didn't notice her drifting off and neither did the Doc.

Biff was now stepping away from George to have Amanda continued to stare at the now obvious facade her father seemed to be putting up to simply fit into the social standards of the school. "She has to be around here somewhere," She muttered under her breath, continuing to look past and around the gang.

Her father now turned attentively towards a certain direction, his entire gaze shifting to have Amanda follow along. An auburn haired girl turned back to him, giving him only a minor glance before turning to the group she was in. The curious traveler stopped in her tracks, both from the feeling of abandonment and longing seeming to fill her heart quite suddenly just by catching a glimpse of what she looked like first hand.

The bell rang suddenly as to have her father leave his dazed expression from her mother and aggressively bid farewell his fellow goons going towards her direction. "Shit." She tried to walk ahead quickly, before feeling someone catch up to her.

"So you really were just a new kid and not following me? Damn, shame," He muttered into her ear.

Amanda stopped for a second and raised a finger to him awkwardly. "That is right! New in town, new kid on the block. That's me."

He focused on her for a second as he tried to remember the name she'd given him on their first meeting. "It was Amanda, right?"

"Great going telling him your real name there, idiot," She mentally scolded herself despite still smiling up towards him.

"Yup, that's-"

"Amy!" She turned back to Marty and Doc. looking mortified then back to Fletcher awkwardly.

"You brought your pops to school or something?" He asked in reference to the presence of the older man beside the teens.

"Or something," Amanda said and continued to back away to her original group, "Good luck with that bird of yours by the way."

He chuckled under his breath, waving goodbye to her casually. "See ya, Goldilocks."

Amanda spun on her heels to Marty looking to her father completely stupefied. Having gotten to know the man in '85, he hardly expected him to be the kind of guy to have once hung around with Biff Tannen of all people. The amount of coddling and dry humour that came out of him on the daily only serving as the proof. "How the hell did your dad go from edgy teen to dad joke 101?"

"Trust me, I'm still wrapping my head around it too," Amanda joked along with him before seeing Doc's gaze attentively on her, "I'm sorry."

"We've already got enough trouble as it is with Marty's mother being infatuated with him. I don't need another issue to arise."

Amanda choked on her breath for a second at the comment, looking to Marty mortified. "Jesus Marty what the hell did you do?"

"I got hit with a car! That's it!"

"You got hit with a car?!" She asked back stunned over not mentioning this to her when they got to Doc's house last night.

Doc raised his hands out to stop them from continuing on with this. "Never mind that, never mind that. In order for your mother to get her mind off of you, you've got to get your father and mother to interact at some sort of social."

Marty laughed at this, confused. "You mean like a date? What do kids even do in the fifties?"

"I mean, they're your parents? They must have something they like to do together." He only raised his brow to her as a silent reminder of how dull his parents in fact were. "You're right, there's nothing."

Doc left them quickly to point to a poster for a dance on the podium. "Look, there's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up."

Marty clasped his hands suddenly out of realization. The name of the dance brought back his own recollections of his mother recounting how she had her first date with her father at the exact same place. "Of course, the Enchantment Under The Sea Dance they're supposed to go to this! That's where they kiss for the first time," He explained as Amanda sighed in relief over a possible solution to all of this.

"Alright kid, you stick to your father like glue and make sure that he takes her to that dance," Doc said, raising a finger to him as Marty nodded understandingly before he shifted his attention to his counterpart, "And you can't make any sort of interaction with your father. It's too risky." Amanda nodded solemnly, Doc walking ahead of as they waited for a free lunch period to occur a few moments longer.

Marty looked down to her concerned over not knowing where she'd left to. Expecting her to at least tell him of a secret mission she had if anything. "You did leave out of the blue, doe-eyes. Blue is kinda more my thing."

She only smiled at the stupid joke before holding her arms tightly. "My mom's here."

He looked to her surprised, taking a second or so to try and find the right words to say when there really wasn't. It was the one thing he never truly questioned Amanda in regards to because he thought that if she wanted to tell him, she would. The same went with his family and how she never pried on it since she was aware how much it troubled him. It was only being considerate of the other. "Is there anything you want me to do?"

Amanda shook her head and hugged him tightly instead. "Let's just make sure we get home, okay? That's all I want," She told him.

Feeling him kiss the top of her head, she loosened up in his arms. "We're gonna be alright. This will all work out someway, promise," He assured her, with a nod to himself to make sure that he kept his word.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 72 9
๐–จ๐—‡ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐–ผ๐— ๐–ญ๐–บ๐—‡๐–ผ๐—’ ๐–ก๐–พ๐–ผ๐—„๐–พ๐—๐—, ๐– ๐—†๐—’ ๐–ฒ๐—“๐–บ๐—…๐—‚๐—‡๐—Œ๐—„๐—‚'๐—Œ ๐–ป๐–พ๐—Œ๐— ๐–ฟ๐—‹๐—‚๐–พ๐—‡๐–ฝ, ๐–พ๐—‡๐–ฝ๐—Œ ๐—Ž๐—‰ ๐—‚๐—‡ ๐–บ๐—‡ ๐—Ž๐—‡๐—…๐—Ž๐–ผ๐—„๐—’ ๐—Œ๐—‚๐—๐—Ž๐–บ๐—๐—‚๏ฟฝ...
265K 32.6K 120
๐’ฆ๐’ถ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐’ฆ๐“Š๐“ƒ๐’น๐“‡๐“‡๐’ถ, ๐’ถ ๐“‚๐’ถ๐“ƒ ๐‘’๐“‹๐‘’๐“‡๐“Ž ๐‘”๐’พ๐“‡๐“ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐“Š๐“‰ ๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“‚ ๐’ป๐‘œ๐“‡ ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ˆ ๐’ท๐‘’๐’น, ๐“‚๐‘’๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐’ฏ๐‘’๐’ฟ๐’ถ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐“Œ๐’พ...
38.2K 1.6K 12
Why don't you try some boys in 1985? ( marty mcfly x fem!oc ) ยฉ BINARYSUN | 2018
687 13 9
In the modern day of 2023, 38 years after the events of Back to the Future, a new generation of time travelers arrive in Hill Valley. I'll be writing...