Bella's Secret Sister

By BriannaWhitlock

Things aren't going well in Bella's and Edwards relationship, making Bella doubt her decisions. It's even har... More

Chapter 1: Annoyance
Chapter 2: Demands
Chapter 3: Call
Chapter 4: Jade
N/A
Chapter 5: Visit
Chapter 7: Golden
Chapter 8: Wings
Chapter 9: Titanic
Chapter 10: Talk
Chapter 11: Leaving
Chapter 12: Heaven
Chapter 13: Job
Chapter 15: Elemental
Chapter 16: Frienmies
Chapter 17: Meeting
Chapter 18: Club
Chapter 19: House
Chapter 20: Cullens
Chapter 21: Maria
Chapter 22: Dream
Chapter 23: Text
Chapter 24: TOP-
Chapter 25: -SECRET
Chapter 26: Lucifer
Chapter 27: Past
Chapter 28: Present
Chapter 29: Future
Chapter 30: Numbered
Chapter 31: LMAO
Chapter 32: War
Chapter 33: Spencer
Chapter 34: Funeral
Chapter 35: Hope
Epilogue
Lame Author Note

Chapter 14: Texas

8.9K 216 4
By BriannaWhitlock

LOCATION: Houston, Texas

TIME: 8:30pm

FACT: The most popular city in Texas

AKA: Targets location

I threw my bag over my shoulder and stepped off the plane onto Texas soil. The population of this place is huge, but thankfully my angelic senses can pick up the targeted person in need of "guarding". I just needed to pretend to be someone else.

I probably wouldn't be able to keep up the charade for long, especially from Peter, seeing as he's a know it all, and probably already knows I'm coming. Flippin vampire. Can't do nothing without one of them knowing.

I kept my pace neutral as I walked from the airport and onto the side walk. Glancing around, this could be vampire heaven. Millions of people hurried around, bumping and yelling as they scurried to get to one place or another. Horns honked, and traffic was slow. It reminded me of New York. And that mission, hadn't been a good one.

Turning left, I head down the side walk becoming invisible to the humans. Helping me move quicker without pushing. No one notices.

About thirty minutes later, I make it to a bar. Not too big, but not too small. I step into a dark corner, making myself visible before stalking into the bar with my head low. I spread out my senses and make my way through the building to the actual bar place. Taking a seat, I glance around.

"Can I get ya something hun?" A woman's voice breaks me from my revere and I turn to face her. She was a Rogue angel. The academy wasn't big on these kinds of angels, but they let them go.

Rogues are usually the ones who are kicked from the academy or quit, wanting to live with the humans and have a normal life. Well, as normal as it gets when you can't die. Unless you kill yourself with vampire venom, but hey.

"Jack Daniels."

She nods and turns to the side, bringing up my order. The good thing about us angels, it takes a lot, and I mean a lot, to get us drunk.

"Here ya go, anything else?" She gives me a pointed look.

I swallow. "Yes. Any Bloody Mary's around? Particularly four, three males and one female. Two males and female blonde, third male, black hair dyed red at the tips," I tell her.

She narrows her eyes for a minute before nodding. She shoves her thumb to the left.

"All the way in the back, dark corner. Good luck."

Finishing my drink, I nod and give her thanks before heading in the direction she was pointing. Doesn't hurt to ask, makes my job easier. There's a lot of vampires here.

I wrinkle my nose and push my way through the crowd when I spot them. Just sitting there at the lone table, hidden partly by the shadows. Throwing myself to the side, I take a seat a table away.

I lift my feet up and set my boots on the table. Pulling down at my cowboy hat, I have it were it covers a bit of my face, and shadows the rest. I try to look neutral by looking around at everyone and leaving my empty glass on the table while I cross my arms.

I happen to catch Peter's eye as I'm looking and he throws me a quick wink before answering something Devin said. I narrow my eyes but pull my gaze from him to the others. The pictures match perfectly. I keep my gaze on Jasper as I study him with a light frown. Obviously HQ hasn't updated his picture because he doesn't look like I remember, but then he does.

He looks harder, if you get what I mean. Not the shy, quiet Jasper that I remember. But then again, I've changed too. And we all change at some point, guess it just took him a little longer.

A hand grabs onto my shoulder, pulling my gaze from Jasper, I almost whip around and knock the light out of whoever just touched me. But, keeping up my charade, I don't do a thing except for glance up at the male. His eyes are slightly glazed, which means he's drunk. Beautiful.

"Hey beautiful," he slurs.

Hey dipshit.

"What do want?" I say lowly, warningly.

He laughs before making a gurgling noise. Normally I wouldn't attack a human, but he's gonna become an exception.

"Can I buy you a drink? Or you can come to my place?" He hiccups as a sly grins comes onto his face and he gives me a suggestive wink.

This time, I push his hand off and stand. "No thanks. I think I'm going to be leavin now," I say as I turn and start to head away. But he reaches out and grabs a hold of my wrist tightly. I roll my eyes. Like that's going to stop me.

I spin around and slap him in the face, pulling my hand from his grip. He jumps back and glares weirdly at me as he tries in his drunken state.

"I said to leave me the hell alone, asshole!" I hiss at him as I think about bringing up my knee or boot to his package.

"Aww, don't be like that. I just wanna have some fun," he slurs once more, sounding even worse this time as he reaches out for me.

"I said-!"

I'm cut off by a deep male voice saying, "the lady said to leave 'er alone." The tone is full of warning and I wouldn't be surprised to turn around to find him glaring at the other guy.

The other guy cowers and makes a beeline for the door. I narrow my eyes and hiss quietly after him before spinning around and putting my hands on my hips, giving the vampire an annoyed look. That certain vampire happens to be Jasper.

I clench my jaw to keep from faltering.

"I had it under control you know," I say miffed, but touched that he thought I needed help.

He frowns slightly and narrows his eyes. "That's what my brother, Peter said too." He throws a look over at the short haired blonde vampire before glancing back at me.

"Would y'all stop flirtin and get over here!" Peter calls making me roll my eyes instead of blush like I use too. We both head back over to Jasper's gang while he takes a seat, I stay standing at the edge.

"So, I see you've met my brother Jasper here," Peter says giving me a wink. I roll my eyes and throw a quick glance Jasper.

"Yes, it's been a while Peter. Charlotte. Long time no see. And a new member, Devin. Nice to meet ya," I say. Devin nods, staring at me with confusion.

"Peter?" Jasper gives Peter a weird look, quirking an eyebrow. Peter waves a hand in the air for nonchalant.

"We met this one a while ago. Before you joined after ya left them veggies," Peter says as he wrinkles his nose. Jasper makes a noise but doesn't comment.

It goes quiet after that, and we all stare at one another. It's really weird not to see Jasper with the Cullen's. I wonder whatever happened to the rest of them. I'll have to see if Peter knows or maybe Jasper- No, no. It doesn't matter. And Jasper can't know who you really are.

I sigh quietly before clearing my throat.

"Well, it was nice meetin and all, but I should probably get goin. Ahem, work and stuff. So, ah, see ya." I turn and start making my way toward the door. Pushing past people even thou it's 9:30pm, the place is still crowded.

The cold doesn't faze me as I step out into the cold night air and loop my fingers through my belt loop. As I start walking away I hear someone call out,
"Selene! Selene!"

I pause before remembering that's the name on my fake ID this time, and spin around to find Jasper and the rest hurrying to catch up. I wait for them, and Peter speaks when they reach me.

"Ya wanna stay at our place?" I blink at him before glancing at the others. Jasper doesn't seem to thrilled, and Devin still looks curious. Makes me want to punch him.

I sigh, looking back at Peter. "Fine. If it's no trouble."

This would also help me keep an eye on Jasper and a lookout for Maria.

Peter grins. "It ain't no trouble at all."

________________________________

It feels so good to be able to update two days in a row :D <- Happy face

Anyway, hope you like. Hopefully I'll have more later. Have school tomorrow so idk.

Houston, Texas is the pic above

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 490 2
After Bella found out the Cullen's were vampires she freaked out and informed her best friend Rebel. She made fast friends with the Cullen's as did...
577K 12.4K 34
Maya has been hiding nearly her whole existence. She is an angel, and no I don't mean she acts like one, no she actually IS an angel! The angel of de...
18.8K 362 14
Bella was never entirerly honest with the Cullens. She has kept a very important secret from them. She is an experiment. When Bella Cullen steps into...
4.6K 342 26
There back! There on an adventure to find out why the dark one wants Bella. But will they find out more then they bargain for. Will Bella tell Edward...