Last July

AriHaruno8 által

"Listen Kenzy, I know I've been an ass and truthfully maybe you shouldn't even bother returning my calls. You... Több

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three 🍷
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two.
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter Forty eight
Chapter Forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty one
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter Sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter Sixty three
Chapter Sixty four
Chapter sixty six
Cast🗽
Chapter sixty eight
Chapter sixty nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy one
chapter Seventy two
Chapter seventy three
Chapter seventy four
Chapter seventy five
Chapter Seventy Six

Chapter sixty five

19 2 0
AriHaruno8 által

I stopped abruptly heading back outside finding her at the railings, surprised that she was still here. I'd thought she had gone since everyone was by the time I got back. She stood nursing the back of her hand momentarily her eyes glued to mine before it fell to the ground.

"I thought you left" She spoke up.

"So did I. Surprised you left the cake though"

She shrugged. "I figured we could talk before we went back"

I nodded, taking a note of the dark clouds that had gathered hiding the remaining of the sun. The space darkened almost immediately, the wind picking up becoming chilly as leaves dashed across the lake furiously. Her dress slapped against her skin before she broke out into laughter spinning around a bright smile spread across her face.
Again I found myself entranced at her innocence, her clear sense of spontaneity and adventure. I missed her, even now more than ever, seeing her like this. I was only distracted from my trance a few minutes, called back to reality by the flash of lighting but before I knew it the rain started. Still she didn't stop spinning or laughing getting soaked from head to toe.

"Hey, you need to get out!" I shouted.

" No, come on, it's fun! " she called back.

"Kenzy" I said after she'd been out there awhile.

"Fine" she said walking to the door, shaking her head as she walked pass my body.

Her hair sticking to her skin covered in water as well as her clothes, she shivered a little settling into her seat at the table. I pulled the jacket from my shoulder placing it around her body before walking off to find something she would be able to dry herself with. Returning I found her at the window staring at the rain.

"You think it's going to stop?" She asked softly.

" Maybe not, it's falling rather hard" I admitted. "Still, if we're unable to leave there's a bed you can have in the next room"

"What?" She asked eying me curiously. "Isn't this just a boat house?"

" Formerly" I explained. "Mr. Henderson's thinking of renting it out for the next holiday season so we did a small addition"

" Oh" she said running her hand through the short curls. "Seems like everything's change since I left"

"Something like that" I responded watching her silently contemplating whether to leave her alone or not. I didn't want to, not right now.

"I was upset for a very long time, I left because I didn't want to face you Andrew" she turned away from the window rubbing at her hands as she shivered, her wet clothes clinging like a second skin wrapping around her curves. She glanced down swallowing.

"I've been selfish for awhile I know that, but I honestly couldn't stand seeing you hurt anymore. I thought maybe the time away would probably help put things into perspective" she laughed. "How silly of me"

"I get that, but it doesn't excuse my own actions. I thought giving you some space would at least give me time to cool off and then we could talk but you just left" reaching out I pulled her hand from the fabric of her dress that she busied herself playing with. "I care about you kendall"

She snickered, a smile crawling to her lips before it faded as quickly as it came. "I'd like to believe that, but I can't. Not anymore" she went back to the glass. " I can't trust me, or anyone, I don't know what's real and that terrifies me. I'm sorry " her head fell and she stood still with her back towards me.

Now I was concerned. I couldn't act the asshole anymore and act as if having her walk away was fine, it wasn't. I couldn't bare out separation anymore, at least not like this.

"What the hell did he do Kendall?" I asked my voice slightly sharper than I intended it to be. My eyebrows furrowed and I stuck my hands in my pockets just so she wouldn't see my folded fist. If he touched her, I'd kill him.

She gazed at me shocked before walking away putting space between us. "Nothing"

"Don't lie to me" I retorted annoyed that she was protecting him. The f***.

"Were not friends Andrew!" She shouted. "Why the hell do you care? "

"Because I want to know" I said holding onto her hand as she proceeded to disappear between the next door. "Why are you always running away from me ziploc?"

She caught my gaze, furious, breathing slightly heavy with her eyes full of emotion. "I don't know what you're talking about and as to the first, I don't want to talk about it"

I could hear the rain beating against the roof getting only heavier by the minute while the pressure between us grew. I didn't expect us to have a calm conversation but I wasn't going to let her run away either. Taking a deep breath I pulled her into my arms, before gliding my lips across hers, my tongue tasting the cherry flavoured lipstick she wore. My hands tightened my embraced pushing her further into my person as I pulled at her lips prompting her for entry.

Her lips parted calling back to memory the taste of the sparkling wine on her tongue, a groan escaping me as I deepened my exploration. Ziploc's eyes slipped close giving into the moment and faintly I recalled the craving I developed from our first kiss. Something I'd never forget. Slowly I ended it, already regretting that I'd be apart from her.

Her fingers travelled to her lips as her hazel eyes met mine, worry marking her beautiful iris.

"Was that a mistake?" She asked.

I shook my head. " No, that was intentional " I replied. I wanted to show her, no, I wanted her to understand just how much I cared. I cared about her, I was just too stubborn to see or admit it.

She nodded looking away for a second before meeting my eyes again. I couldn't hide my feelings anymore, couldn't bottle them up, I'd lost her, almost lost her once. My screwed up selfish actions had driven her away. I cared deeply for her, maybe she wouldn't believe, hell I didn't expect to have these feelings developing in the first place. But I didn't expect Gale to leave either. Her eyes were buried in the floor, her hands twisting in the fabric of her clothes as she mused to herself.

"I've been trying for a long time not to touch you" I admitted, her curious eyes now reaching up to meet mine.

"Why?" She smiled a little causing my heart to squeeze, nervousness settling in my lower abdomen. She hadn't the faintest clue what she did to me staring at me like that. "Because of Gale?"

"No" I shook my head. "It should have been but it wasn't" she raised a brow waiting for me to go on. " I didn't want to see you as that type of girl kendall, like a rolling stone"

She laughed. "Shouldn't me being a rolling stone make it easier, I mean no strings right?" Her voice hitched a little mouthing her last sentence before she looked away.

"Not when you care about the person. At least not the way I feel about you"

Her eyes met mine again, swirling in emotion as her eyes trained on mine. Her fingers wrapped even tighter in her dress as she took a breath shallow and fast. My hands reached out stroking her cheek, tormented by the deafening silence that lingered between us. Zeus' sword flashed at the window, it a mixed colour of white and blue illuminating the room before it quickly disappeared.

When I thought it was probably best to give her time she spoke up.

"So I guess I shouldn't be guilty about this then"

Kenzy's hand reached out tugging at the neck of my shirt, her mouth meeting mine again taking me aback by her sudden change in demeanour. While her body pressed even further into mine, much more than before, the wetness of her dress soaking into my attire. I didn't care. My hands fell to her ass and the curve of her back pulling her even more against me, the melody of her need ringing in my ears. I didn't expect her to kiss this fiercely, or passionately but the thought of knowing she wanted me as much as I maybe wanted her was enough. And wanting her was a limited definition to what was really on my mind. I craved her, not just physically, alot sexually but emotionally I craved her. I wanted her badly I ached everywhere. Her fingers slipped to my hair and instinctively I pulled her hand back pinning it above her head, something shinny falling from her hands seconds later.

Her eyes flew opened as I frowned at the packet at our feet before a question filled my expression. Her face flushed noticing my recognition of it and she glanced away.

"Something you want to tell me?" I whispered.

"No" she said sofly. "Its....not what you think"

I kissed her again unable to deny myself. "What should I think?" I asked against her lips.
She sighed heavily attempting to pull her hands from my grasp.

"Do you want to? "

"No"

I cocked my head to the side taking her in.

"Yes. Maybe"

I smirked.

She changed to a deeper red watching me.

"Not right now, I don't want to ruin things or do something we'll both regret"

I nozzled my nose at her neck amused at her deep breath. "I doubt I'll ever ever regret you" I admitted. "But right now there are more pressing matters" I stood straight looking her over. "You're soaked so take off your clothes"

Her eyes widened at my statement and I watched her as she became defensive. "Excuse me!"

"I'm not trying to get you naked ziploc, you might catch a cold staying in them, you already tossed my jacket"

She glanced at the piece of clothing lying against the table. "Sorry, I just felt clustered"

I stepped back pulling my shirt over my head handing it to her, her curious eyes raking over my body slowly as she took me in. I knew what I looked like, no surprise here, but the pleased look she had on her face made it worth it.

"Wear this"

"What about you? Won't you be cold now?" She asked taking it.

"I'll be okay don't worry"

She eyed me up and down. "Are you trying to peak at me pervert"

"Sure. Wouldn't be the first time right?"

"You've got no shame" she shot back, a small smile lingering at the edge of her lips.

I took her hand leading her into the other room so she could change while I proceeded to sit on the bed.

"You're gonna watch me, seriously?"

I rolled my eyes. "No, I won't just get out of that dress or I'll take it off myself"

Moments later she walked over handing me the wet clothe and I left placing it in the bathroom to hang. Hopefully it'd be dry by tomorrow. The rain still hadn't stopped, trapping us here and my truck was at the garage either way. We didn't have a choice but to spend the night.

"Are you gonna tell me how old you are now?"

-------------------------------
Author's notes: okay guys I've decided to stop being evil. Don't you love him😍. I do😋.

Now what do we have here? An old fire stick has been lighted once more but can it burn to last?
Or will summer just remain summer?

Thank for continuing the journey. For all your comments and votes. Greatly appreciated

Until next time, charms💕

💕

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

2.1K 320 54
Sneak Peak Jordan had his head nuzzled in her neck trying to calm down . Rose patted his back affectionately running her hand down his arm in a comf...
177 6 22
Navigating Relationships seem to be one hell of an emotional ride. Fuck the fear of death, this thing called love is scarier I will tell you that. I...
916 58 39
This would be really boring. You don't need to waste time reading this. Not just boring, it might be even heartbreaking. The story was still going o...
7.2M 283K 24
(Bfflad- Best friends for life and death) Dear Reader, Let's start at the beginning shall we? I died. Oh no, not one of these stories again where som...