Confident

By sirtoadstool

The year is nineteen ninety three. Eddie is popular, kind, loved, and very pretty. Richie is nerdy, loud, fun... More

Introduction
Eddie
Richie
Wear Protection
Telephone Calls
Staring Competition
The Start Of Something Great
Invitations
Tryouts
Welcome To The Loser's Club
Twister, Drinks, and Sleepovers
Skateboards and Scripts
Disarm You With A Smile
Stan the Birthday Man
Man In The Box
I'm Tired
I'm Here
It
Killing Me Softly
Bets Over Friends
Under the Bridge
Promises
He's Okay
Halloween
It Hurts
What Is Love
Nothing Else Matters
All Grown Up
Not The List
Beards
I'll Care Forever
Eds is Legal
Welcome Home
Home
Thanksgiving
High
NOT AN UPDATE
Moving In
Asexual
Live
Spotify?
New Years
Bad Days Come
Perfect Fit
Your thoughts??????
Today
Greta and Linda
Hey Dad
NEW FIC?
Court
Letters
Dancing King
Bye For Now
Everlong
IT HAS BEEN FUN!!!
The List
Princess Tomato
Big Stuff

Family is Family

2K 68 103
By sirtoadstool

Song: Could It Be Another Change by The Samples

December 6, 1993

Richie had been staying at the Kasbprak residence for a couple of weeks now. All of his belongings are set up in the guest room, but he still manages to sneak into Eddie's room after Sonia falls asleep.

It's been pretty nice. Sonia's not home too much, due to work. Still, Richie sees her every night. Sometimes she'll call the house ahead of time and tell them she's bringing home dinner. Other times Richie and Eddie will have a plate ready for her when she gets home.

It's fun living with Eddie, even under awful circumstances. They cook together, clean together, etc. Nothing is ever boring when the other is around. Richie hopes it lasts forever. Them side by side in their own little house. It's nice to think about.

Eddie has also enjoyed Richie's company. He's almost positive his mother has too. The boy is surprised they haven't fought yet. They're together twenty four seven. The two ride to school together, sometimes in Eddie's car and sometimes in Richie's. Eddie had just gotten his license, so Richie was the one who drove most of the time. But it's not just school now. The only time they separate is when one is going to hang out with their best friend. But that only ever lasts an hour or so.

As of right now the two are curled together on Eddie's bed. The smaller sits in between Richie's legs. Richie's arms snake through Eddie's until reaching the front side of him. He peeks his head over his boyfriend's to get a better view of the notepad down below. The boy has been working on a new song.

Eddie doesn't pay any attention to what he's writing, nor does he want to invade on his boyfriend's privacy. So instead he paints his nails an aqua color. He's gotten quite good at it. Sometimes he wants to paint Richie's too. Maybe he'll let him one day.

Music plays quietly in the background. They both know the song, seeing as it's one of their favorites. Eddie immediately sings along, which brings a smile to Richie's lips. "The only time I feel good falling is when I'm falling fast and hard for you."

Richie joins in next, setting his notepad to the side. "The last two digits when I'm calling fade away but somehow I'll get through."

Eddie blows on his nails before checking if they're dry. Then he bounces over to the stereo, turning it as loud as it goes. He's lucky his mom isn't home. He'd be dead if that were the case.

Instead he just laughs and grabs both of Richie's hands. The smaller pulls him along eagerly. Richie only follows along. He knows better than to protest.

"You're so cute." Richie speaks suddenly, pulling Eddie out of the current trance he was in.

"Huh?"

Richie's face burns. "I don't know. You're just the most amazing person I've ever set eyes on."

"Oh." Eddie's dimples show as he scrunches his nose.

Suddenly there's a knock at the door. Eddie hopes and prays the loud music didn't alert their neighbors. The boy sighs while heading off to the front door. Richie is of course by his side, hands still linked. And the music still flows through the entire house.

Eddie's the one to open the door, which reveals a man taller than Eddie, but slightly shorter than Richie. He's handsome. His hair is wild, much like Richie's. In fact the man looks quite a bit like Richie. It's uncanny. Every detail from the cheekbones to the freckles is almost identical.

"Hello." Eddie greets with a kind smile.

"Hi."

"Is there something you need?" He questions curiously.

The man smiles before eyeing Richie. "You're Richie Tozier?"

Richie furrows his brows at the man. "Yes?"

The man's smile turns large and full of life. "I'm Dave Wilson."

Richie still seems confused, so the man finally finishes it off. "I'm Maggie's brother. I'm your uncle."

Everyone stands in shock and confusion. Richie's not sure he should believe him, but Eddie keeps wondering how he got the address. So many questions run through each of their minds.

"Pardon?"

The man, Dave, takes another step. This only alerts the two. He notices and stops immediately. "I brought photos." He gestures towards his hands, which hold a few photo albums.

Richie eyes Eddie, who only shrugs. "Come in. It's cold out."

Eddie motions him in, but Richie only stares in disbelief. This was a stranger. The man, on the other hand, happily enters. He eyes the small space before settling in on a nearby couch. Richie and Eddie sit across from him.

"I can go if you need me to-..." Eddie begins to stand.

Richie panics, his hand quickly flies to stop the boy from leaving his side. Eddie understands and settles back down. "Stay."

The two now eye the stranger. Neither are quite sure what to say, so Richie starts it off. "How'd you find me?"

The man smiles. "Sometimes I Call Wentworth to check up on things. He never lets me see my sister or you. But I always like to hear how things are going."

Richie nods for him to continue, and so he does. "Well I called a couple days ago only to hear you ran off with your friend. You know how your father is. He went on and on about how you've been mistreating them-..."

"That's not true!" Richie become defensive.

"I know," the man offers another smile, "but that's just your father. I wanted to know if you were safe. I haven't seen you since you were a baby. So I called the school about you. They gave me a list of names I could check. Said you hung out with some kid named Ben a lot. Found Ben and he said you'd be here. With Eddie, is it?"

"Yeah." Eddie purses his lips.

Richie leans back. "So why didn't you just call?"

"I had to see you."

"But why?"

Dave sits straighter. "I get that staying with a friend might be fun, but I have a house a little ways out of town. You could have your own room to decorate, food to eat, a family. I'll introduce you to everyone. You'll love them."

"I have my family. I have a room and food and more." Richie's not sure why he has to argue.

"Yes, but I could provide too. Gas money and doctors appointments. Game nights."

Richie only stares at Eddie. Eddie shrugs in return. "I don't know. I'm happy here. I know these people. I don't know you."

"You can get to know me."

"Would I even go to the same school?" Richie's mind is turning at a rapid pace.

"Yes of course."

"Can I have people over?"

"Yes. No girls overnight."

Richie eyes the man before turning to Eddie. Does he not know? Could this get anymore awkward? How does one go about this? Should he just come out and say it or say nothing at all. He doesn't want to hide Eddie. Eddie didn't hide him, after all. But what happens if this is a whole other ordeal. The man is already in the house. Richie hopes the man keeps his cool.

"Actually I'm gay."

Dave's eyes widen momentarily before calming back down. He's a bit shocked, that much is obvious. Then he looks to the smaller boy sat directly by his nephew. Things really click. "Oh. Oh. Oh. Yeah. Okay. Well then, uh, just don't have boyfriends stay the night."

Richie's brows shoot up in surprise. Not many people are accepting, but definitely more now than back then. "Oh. Okay."

"Yeah." The man laughs awkwardly.

"Okay well I still need to think about it. Obviously I'm not just going to move in immediately. I need to know you. Trust you."

Dave nods. "Yeah of course."

Silence takes over the three. No one's quite sure what to do. Eddie decides to take it among himself to give the two some space. "Does anyone want something to drink? Eat?"

Dave smiles. "A water would be nice."

Eddie is up and out as quick as can be. Richie still sits opposite of the man, but not for long. Soon he's crossing the space between them and taking a seat. "You said you brought photos?"

The man awkwardly fumbles along. "Yeah, yeah I do."

That's how the rest of their evening goes. Laughter and pictures and the comfort of family. It's quite bizarre how people click so quickly when blood is involved. Honestly it's feels as if they've known each other their whole lives. Even if Richie doesn't remember him at all. He doesn't remember anyone at all, but that's probably because the last time he saw any of his family was when he was one.

It means something to Richie. This bond. Someone wanting to take him in and care for him is a feeling he's never felt by any immediate family. Sonia welcomed him with open arms, but somehow it's not the same. The only one in his life who comforts him like that is Eddie. But Richie's life and problems shouldn't be all on his boyfriend.

To think that somebody went so far to find him is new. It's shocking. This man didn't have to take the time out of his day. He'd never even really spent time with him. But at the end of their meeting Dave told his nephew one thing.

"Family is family."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 368 22
Home (Reddie fanfic) - title is a work in progress "Why are you following me?" Eddie interrupted "Well there are these thing called streets" he expl...
90.7K 3.5K 33
"richie tozier, you're 100% in love with eddie kaspbrak." highest rating: #2 in reddie
17.1K 542 25
richie is in love with eddie. what a surprise. the losers club have (finally) finished another school year and they just want to spend a great summer...
84.5K 3.1K 74
"does he hurt you?" "do i look bruised?" "that's not what i mean."