Luna? No sir i'm a Marine

By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

They say i'm the Beauty and he's the Beast, but my life is far from a fairy tale. I thought I had everything... More

Prologue
And the adventure begins
The wolf whisperer
My Angel
Questions but no answers
Deal?
Shopping trip
Were what?
War, What is it good for
Rogues
Meeting Damien
Formal Event
Not quite a happy ending
Back to my roots
Training begins
Birthday bash
Turning my world upside down
Not exactly love letters
Eyes wide shut
Sink or swim
Meeting the parents
Story time
Surprise after surprise
Promise
Trick or treat
New Ink
Marine corp style
Pups gone wild
Heartbeat
Something that can wash off the pain
Did I forget to mention?
The rescue
Bumps and Bruises
Merry christmas
A little white church
Picture perfect
Suspicious behavior
Proving myself
Is this my happy ever after?
Happy New Year
To sequel or not to sequel
Sequal

Blast from the past

304K 9.2K 2.3K
By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

Holy shit.

I don't think i've ever eaten so much in my life. Thank god this dress is holding me together. There was about 6 courses and they were made to fill a werewolf and i'm just a small human girl.

I feel so sick. This is all Zach's fault. He said there was no way I would get past the first three plates of food. So we made a little bet much to Luke's dismay. I won. I was caught on the damn triple chocolate cake. It was just too much. I did persuade a young waiter to put it away for me. I simply explained what would happen if anything were to happen to my cake.
I don't do things by half and I am going to finish this meal even if I throw it up later tonight.

I'm currently sitting beside the sink in the bathroom waiting for Bonnie. Girls never go to the bathroom alone. Didn't you see Harry Potter? Hermione got attacked by a troll, Myrtle died, Ginny got abducted and Katie got cursed........This is why we don't go to the bathroom alone.

"How did you get up there? That dress is like skin tight?" Bonnie looked so confused.
She was right. It was no piece of cake.
"A lot of shimming and upper body strength. You ready to go?" She gave me a devious look.

That is how I ended up walking out of the bathroom with more lipstick and perfect hair. I shouldn't have asked, I should have just left. Apparently there's going to be some party. A DJ and some new band are turning up. Bonnie filled me in as she was torturing me in the bathroom. The band is made of four members of a pack from abroad. It's their first time visiting and a type of peace offering.

Bonnie trailed behind me as I went in search of the boys. It's darker than earlier and the tables are gone. I guess the party is about to start.

I vaguely heard the music start in the background but was focused on the bitch running her hand up and down Luke's arm. Bonnie ran into the back of me. She saw the same thing I did except that she was watching Aaron and not Luke.
Bonnie's ready to kill but I have a plan. I pulled her onto the dance floor. She was confused at first and then got my plan.

Two can play at that game.....well four in this case.

We began to sway our hips and let the music envelop us. I could feel eyes on me. I looked and saw Luke staring at me I winked and carried on doing what I was doing. I know that this dress does wonders for my figure so I hope the plan is working.
I let my body move on its own and I listened to the lyrics.

"Your favourite band, and the way that you dance. Baby, baby, baby"
My body went rigid. I completely stopped.
It can't be. No. It's not. My mind's playing tricks on me.

"You ok Lex? You look like you've seen a ghost." Bonnie was really concerned.
"Uh you know how I told you about all my friends from the corp?" She nodded.
"Well to pass the time we wrote songs, sang, danced and just messed around really."
"Ok what has this got to do with anything?"

I didn't answer I just pointed up and sang along to the words
"Your secret tattoo, the way you change moods, the songs that you sing when you're all alone."

"I helped write that, that line is about me" Bonnie's eyes bulged out of her head.
"OH MY GOD NO WAY"
A voice that I haven't heard in over a year caught my attention. Her soft feminine voice hadn't changed a bit. "Scott is that Alex?"
The music stopped. It was quite. Scotts voice broke the silence.
"Uh-um sorry there has been a change of plan. We're going to sing one more song and then take a break. The DJ will take over."

That's when I noticed everyone. Scott's singing, Dave's playing drums, Jason's playing guitar and Sarah is on Bass. Did I mention Jason and Scott are not only brothers but twins? Sarah and Jason are also a couple. It looks like nothing has changed.

Scott jumped off the stage with two microphones in his hand. He began singing as he walked towards us
"I'll sleep tonight but the war's far from over
Tomorrow is no guarantee
If I don't return from this life of a soldier
Don't you be crying for me."

They always knew how to get to me. This song. We wrote this after I found out my dad had been shot while on duty, when we didn't know if he was going to make it or not. It's a medley of different songs we've written.

Scott stopped right in front of me for the last line. He hands me the microphone and I know what he wants me to do.

I took a deep breath and grabbed the microphone with a shaky hand.

"There's a car pulling up and the man who's inside
Takes a deep breath as he straightens his tie
It's nothing new cause he's done this before
She knew it as soon as he knocked on the door
Please someone please tell me I must be dreaming
What will I do oh, I just can't believe it
Taken away, oh he's
Taken away
Someone take me away
Someone take me away."

"Just like old times Smithy"

He pulled me up to the stage and with the help of Jason actually pulled me onto the stage.
Sarah's singing her part and as soon as i'm balanced on the stage she grabbed me and pulled me into a tight hug, with tears rolling down her cheeks. She always was the softie of the group.
The gang's back together. It's like old times.

"Every day every hour turn the pain into power." Dave sang as I wiped Sarah's tears away.

"When you've been fighting for it all your life
You've been struggling to make things right
That's a how a superhero learns to fly
Every day, every hour
Turn the pain into power" Jason and Scott sang in perfect harmony

"She's got lions in her heart
A fire in her soul
He's a got a beast in his belly
That's so hard to control
'Cause they've taken too much hits
Taking blow by blow
Now light a match, stand back, watch them explode" I wrap my arm around Sarah as we sing.

"Every day every hour turn the pain into power, power, power."

"If you could see me now would you recognize me?
Would you pat me on the back or would you criticize me?
Would you follow every line on my tear-stained face
Put your hand on a heart that was cold
As the day you were taken away?
I know it's been a while but I can see you clear as day" I remember them insisting that this be my solo. The tears began clouding my vision but I refuse to let them fall.

The beat slowed down as Jason stepped forward.
"I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing, Just prayed to a God that I don't believe in.
They say bad things happen for a reason But no wise words gonna stop the bleeding."

The music completely stopped and we all softly sang the last line.
"I'm still alive but i'm barely breathing."

I wipe my eyes just before I'm pulled into a group hug. I can hear the people clapping and cheering for us.

The DJ takes over the stage as Bonnie rushes over to me but Luke beats her to it. He places me behind him and growls at the boys. Jason wraps a protective arm around Sarah.
"If you know what's good for her then you'll let go of her." This just made Luke tighten his grip.
"She's mine."

Zack and Aaron weren't far behind us. If I don't act now then there's going to be World War 3.
"Stop it !!" They all looked at me.

"All of you. You are acting like a group of 6 year olds. Now we are not going to make a scene. We are going to calmly walk into the next room where it is quieter and talk about this like adults, I am not so rag doll that you can just pull around. Now come on Bonnie, Sarah."
I grabbed the girls arms and we walked out of the room. Leaving them with their tails between their legs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Collected my cake on the way. If i'm going to do this then i'm going to need the kind of support that only food can provide.

"You haven't changed a bit have ya smithy?" I looked up to see all the boys staring at me. Sarah and Bonnie were sitting on the chairs but I chose the table because I like being awkward. I put my cake down and licked my fingers. I didn't have the time or patience to wait for cutlery.

I stood up, with great difficulty and wiped my dress free of any crumbs.
"Ok we have a lot to sort out."

Luke walked up to me so we're nose to nose and whispered
"did they touch you? Just say the word and we'll kill them."
My hands flew to his chest. "No, no, no, no......NO killing."
I stepped in between them. Sarah standing with Jason and Bonnie standing with Aaron. What is this westside story?

You could cut the tension with a knife. I pushed their chests as both Luke and Scott tried to approach me. This got Luke growling, which had Dave growling and then Zack and Aaron. By the end everyone was growling and I was just standing there.

As if he could read my mind Luke asked
"did you know?"
"Did I know what?" I turned to face Luke
"You are as well?" Obviously i'm missing something.
"I swear to god if you two do not stop talking in code I will hang you by your balls. Now tell me what's going on."

Sarah wouldn't make eye contact. She stared at the ground. Jason and Scott looked over my head as if they didn't see me and Dave well he began humming. After 5 years they should know by now they can't hide anything from me. So I just stared. One is bound to crack.

"Don't make me count to three." Their eyes snapped towards me. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Dave was the first to talk. He was always the one who knew what was best to do.
"Uh you see Al. We errr we're not human. Well Jason, Scott and I. We're werewolves. Scott's my mate and Sarah is Jason's.........PLEASE DON'T BE MAD. We couldn't tell you. It was only to protect you I swear."

My jaw dropped. 5 years of friendship and they just drop this bombshell. See I knew I got the cake for something.

Luke grabbed my waist and held me close.
"You're not on my territory so I can't do anything about trespassing but I am an Alpha and she is my mat-"

"He's an Alpha?"
"MATES?"
"Alex what have you gotten yourself messed up in?"
"Do you know what they are."

"Stop it all of you. Yes I know exactly what "they" are, apparently the same as you are. I know about Werewolves. You should know that best Dave seeing as you always were the one shoving information about them down my throat. Now all of you will swallow your pride. I am his mate and this packs Luna. But I am still that girl that jumped in front of a bullet for Scott, took beatings for Sarah, covered Jason's ass when he was late and went through survival training with Dave. Now shake hands, get over it, let me eat my cake and let's go out and enjoy the party."

As if my life wasn't messed up enough at the moment. Next they'll be telling me i'm a werewolf.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few stories and the boys making up everyone left to rejoin the party. I however stayed back to finish my cake.

A voice startled me.
"That was quite impressive you know. The way you handled that." I spun around and spotted Luke leaning against the wall watching me.

I have to admit that suit does wonders for him.

"Oh baby there you are. Finally we're alone. Now we can have some real fun"

.......that was definitely not me. The voice was squeaky and high pitched. I noticed the bitch from earlier. Except her dress is now tighter, showing a lot more cleavage and she's covered in more make-up if that's even possible.
I saw his eyes trail up and down her body. I should have guessed. I let out a little chuckle and shook my head. I just walked out and left them alone.

I'm sure you're thinking 'what are you doing ?!?! Fight for him. Show that bitch who he belongs to' But you know what. I've been a fighter all my life. One thing i've learned is not to get close enough to allow yourself to become a victim.

"Always a fighter, never a victim." One of my other secret tattoo's. One of my favourite quotes.

Boy's well they're a sure way of getting hurt. Sure i'm his mate but i'm human. You might think i'm overreacting but i'm so confused. Does he "love" me for me or is it the bond? All he ever talks about is how we're mates and the bond. Is any of it real? I refuse to allow myself get hurt. It's a bond but that doesn't mean it lasts forever. We've all read about mates rejecting each other so obviously it's not all they're making it out to be. But I don't know. I just don't know.

I found everyone on the dance floor. I grabbed a drink and just let myself forget everything.

Forget the fact that Luke and the Bitch are probably already passed second base.
Forget the fact that I just don't fit in here.
Forget the fact that Luke's the first person to actually get me to feel and I hate it.
Forget the fact that i'm falling for someone who only "loves" me because of some bond.
Forget the fact that I actually thought I could be happy.

Just to forget everything.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's note :

All of their pictures are at the top.

Songs:
"Life of a Soldier" - Ill Scarlett
"Superheroes" - The Script
"If you could see me now" - The Script
"Breakeven" - The Script

Vote, comment, follow, eat pizza and enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728 53 37
**Sequel to 'Blonde Wolf of the Brown Haired Beauty'** **Book 2 in the Beauty Series** Normal- adj.- conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or exp...
2.4K 433 44
#Completed# Riley was a normal teenage girl. Scratch that, normal teenage WEREWOLF. She lives in the Destiny Pack with her brother and parents. Ther...
161K 7.1K 56
You know once you think that, 'oh life is nothing but happiness or nothing but sadness' it is actually a true mixture of both. I realize that you can...
1M 26.9K 46
"I'm not good enough for you." I say to him. He looks at me and wipes the tears from my cheeks. "You're more than enough for me." I start to shake my...