Bring Me Back To Life || Gav...

By DodgersKings

If life can remove someone you never dreamed of losing, it can replace them with someone you never dreamt of... More

one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty

four

976 10 0
By DodgersKings

Ella's POV- Halloween 2019

When I arrived at the bus station, two buses that take students to campus were making its way out, filled to capacity. I quickly spotted Gavin, leaning against the wall looking down at his phone. He had his headphones on, but he noticed me making my way over.

"Hey" I greeted as he lowered his headphones to his neck.

He smiled and I pretended to not notice his glance at my cast.

"Sorry I'm late, my hair appointment ran longer than it should have," I apologized.

"No worries, you kind warned me it would"

As he stepped forward for a hug, I noticed James' frat brothers staring right in our direction. I still accepted Gavin's hug as I narrowed my eyes at the two. They quickly looked away as Gavin gave me a gentle squeeze. I buried my nose against his bicep as he gently rubbed my back.

"How'd you sleep??"

I turned my head so my voice wouldn't be muffled.

"I was asleep the second my head hit the pillow" I replied.

"That's good"

We talked almost every single day, so he knew that my parents had forced me to stay at a hotel. The hotel he was staying at was not the one I had stayed at, just in case there was a mole. My parents knew everyone apparently, so you know...had to find a way to keep things from them.

"Ready to go?" I asked.

He nodded as I glanced behind him to see the frat brothers were no longer looking in our direction.

"My car is this way," I directed.

"Lead the way"

He followed me, pulling along his suitcase with him. Once we got to my car, he loaded his suitcase into the back and then made his way over to me.

"If you want, I can drive?"

"I got it" I assured him.

"Then let me get the door for you"

He held the door open and waited for me to sit down to close the door. As he went around, I took a deep breath and pulled my phone out of my purse. I had a text from Roxie, my note-taker wanting to confirm that I'd be on campus soon. The door opened and Gavin took a seat next to me. As he settled, I quickly sent her a text telling her I was on my way before setting my phone on the dock.

"What cologne are you wearing?" I asked him.

His cheeks flushed up as he looked at me.

"Too much?"

I shook my head.

"No, but you changed it" I noted.

He nodded.

"I didn't wear my usual one since it's a larger bottle and I only brought a carry on"

That makes sense.

"You smell like Chris" I noted.

He chuckled as I turned on the car.

"Are you hungry?"  I wondered.

"I had a coffee and bagel when I got here"

"Was it enough?" I questioned.

I reached over and lowered the volume.

"Yeah, I had breakfast at the airport before my flight"

I see.

"Enough to hold you till dinner?" I asked.

He nodded.

"We need to go to campus real quick because something is supposed to be delivered to me, and I need to sign for it," I told him.

"Do your thing as if I weren't here"

I nodded and pulled the car out of its parking spot.

"So is this your car or your brothers?"

"This one is mine" I replied.

Dad shipped out the car with less mileage.

"Do the bedazzled accessories not give it away?" I questioned.

He chuckled and reached his hand over to touch the small plant hanger hanging from the rearview mirror.

"Is this real?"

There was a small succulent inside the pot.

"Yeah" I answered.

I couldn't help but glance in his direction when he got quiet while I made a left turn out of the lot.

"I'm a good driver," I told him.

It was Theo who was a shitty driver.

"I can see that"

Once we got to campus, I quickly found a parking spot which was a bit surprising since the school sold more permits than parking spots making it nearly impossible to find parking at this time most days.

"Your stuff is safe in the trunk," I told him as I put the parking permit on the dashboard. 

Anyone who succeeded in breaking into the car would likely run away shortly after the car alarm would sound out due to it being so loud and obnoxious.

"I can take your backpack"

He turned to me as soon as it was on.

"Lead the way"

I found Rox's boyfriend outside the dormitory, seated on the bench talking on the phone. He stood up when he noticed me approach him. A big smile formed on his face as he greeted me,

"Ella, I dig the hair"

"Thank you" I replied as he handed me the notebook along with a pen and a piece of paper to sign.

Rox had filled up most of the form, so I just signed, initialed and dated the paper before handing it back to him.

"You're dressing up, right?"

"Yes," I confirmed.

"Nice"

He placed the form into a notebook and then put the notebook in his backpack.

"Well, I'll see you at the party then"

I smiled and accepted the shoulder squeeze he gave me, before nodding at Gavin and walking away.

"Let's go drop off my backpack and notebook in my room," I told him, Gavin.

He began taking off my backpack.

"I can wait out here"

Nonsense.

"My roommate is there, come on," I said.

As we were making our way to the door, one of my floormates was making their way out. She held the door open when she noticed me making my way over.

"Hey, Els"

I smiled.

"Hi" I greeted.

"How'd lab go?"

"Super short actually" I replied.

"I never actually finish the material during lab"

Most of the class usually left early and finished up later. I was not one of those people and usually stayed the three hours that was set out for the course. 

"I finished in an hour," I told her.

And I was early to my hair appointment, yet still late to pick Gavin up.

"If I don't finish, can you help me?"

"Yeah, just shoot me a text" I answered.

It was due before next Thursday, so there was time.

"Okay, great!"

I gestured for Gavin to follow me and waved at the RA on duty in the student housing office. 

"This way" I directed as we made our way to the staircase.

There was an elevator, but I lived on the third floor. The door was propped open, so there was no need for my key.

"It smells amazing in here" I commented.

Like fresh laundry.

"You're back!"

Aly was tidying her side of the room, and folding laundry. I set my notebook on my desk before turning around.

"And who might this be?"

I gestured for Gavin to step inside as Aly stood up. He completely missed (or disregarded) Aly gawking at him since he was taking off my backpack. Once I took the backpack, he turned to Aly who grinned at him.

"Hi, I'm Alyssa"

He offered her a smile as they shook hands.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Gavin"

Oh, she knew who he was.

"How was your flight?"

He looked at Aly and adjusted the frames of his glasses.

"I slept through most of it"

Throughout this introduction, eye contact had been maintained.

"Did you fly from LA?"

He shook his head.

"No, from Wisconsin"

He had been home in Kenosha before flying here.

"And you're here for the weekend?"

He nodded earning a smile from her.

"Well welcome, and enjoy your stay"

She glanced in my direction.

"I love your hair"

"Thank you," I told her as I opened my closet door and pulled out a purse.

She clicked her tongue before looking at Gavin.

"So what are you two doing today?"

I looked at the time to see it was a bit past 2:30 PM.

"He needs to check into his hotel, and I want to show him around so we will probably just walk around until dinner time," I said as I pulled my wallet from my backpack

"I expect you back tonight"

His cheeks flushed, but thankfully Ian stepped into the room holding a hamper of clean laundry.

"Oh, hey! You must be Gavin"

Ian being the friendly giant he was, when he got a hold of Gavin's outstretched hand, he pulled him into a half hug.

"It's nice to meet you, man. I'm Ian, Aly's boyfriend"

I smiled at Ian as he turned to me.

"Squeaks, you cut your hair"

"I did" I confirmed.

"You're less blonde"

Correct.

"It looks good"

"Thank you" I replied to his compliment.

He smiled before looking at Aly.

"Where do I put this?"

She gestured to her bed.

"On the bed"

I grabbed one of my many shawls, my wallet, and purse before looking at Gavin. 

"Let's go" I mouthed to him.

I waved at the lovebirds as I followed Gavin out. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Again By Tin

Fanfiction

271 8 11
When you find out that you can save the one you love from death. Won't you sacrifice everything just to save that person.
71K 2.8K 41
Who would've thought a Trade would land you in the arms of your forever person 🫶🏽 A'ja Wilson x Y/N (GxG)
1.5K 201 10
"If somebody saved your life and you never saw them again, wouldn't you still remember them? They were in your life for only a moment, yet they left...
74K 2.3K 27
All you ever wanted is to have someone that you can trust, talk to, be yourself with and when you thought you found that someone, suddenly everything...