The Adventures of Hanji Zoe a...

By BuryYourHeart

These are one-shots of the LeviHan otp. You may suggest the topic you want for the next one-shot in the comme... More

Friends - The Beginning
Friends - I Miss You
Note!
Friends - Hanji's Birthday
Hiccups!

High School AU!: Chocolates

3.2K 110 46
By BuryYourHeart

Hanji Zoe, the seventeen year old with the brains of a mad scientist loves chocolates. But it was a secret that not everyone knew. The only people who did know about her love for chocolates were her parents, her annoying but loving brother, and her best friends in the whole world, Levi Ackerman and Erwin Smith.

On a Friday morning, two weeks before the Sweetheart dance, where the females in sophomore year through senior year ask the males out for the dance, Hanji opened her locker and found four Hershey's bar. At first, Hanji thought she had imagine them, which made her worry a bit. But when she grabbed the Hershey bar, smiled and set it back down. 

"Oi, Hanji," the familiar voice brought her back to reality. Hanji turned around and saw Levi with a bored expression. "What are you smiling about?" He asked.

"Levi! I just found these Hershey bars in my locker!" Hanji exclaimed, loud enough for just the two of them to hear.

"Oh great," Levi muttered. "Don't eat them all in one day, or else you'll get a stomach ache," he warned.

"Levi, I'm not seven. I know I'm not suppose to eat a lot of sugar in one day," Hanji pointed out as she got her English spiral and her history textbook and spiral.

"Also, eat one of them after lunch. I don't want you to spoil it," Levi added.

"Gosh, you sound like my mother," Hanji muttered.

"Well, I wouldn't sound like one if you actually took care of yourself," Levi said. "Tch, did you even wash your hair or take a shower last night?" He asked as he grabbed the loose strands of hair. "It's greasy, Hanji. And how about sleep? Did you at least get six hours of sleep?"

Before Hanji could answer any of his questions, her attention was taken away by her locker neighbor, Eren Yeager, being approached by Mikasa Ackerman, a cousin of Levi, with balloons and cookies. Hanji noticed Eren hasn't noticed Mikasa coming his way, so she nudges him and points to Mikasa.

"Eren... I was wondering if you like to go to the Sweetheart dance with me?" Mikasa asked him once she stood in front of him.

Eren's cheeks turned red, making Hanji chuckle lightly. Eren looked over to Levi to see if he was okay with it. Levi rolled his eyes, but nodded. "Yes," Eren responded.

"Aw!" Hanji shrieked with joy. Everyone looked at her with a dead expression. "And I just ruin the moment," she muttered. After that, Eren left with Mikasa to her locker since both her and Armin's locker were in the beginning of the hallway.

"You never answer my question, Four-Eyes," Levi stated.

"Fine, I didn't take a shower, and I got four hours of sleep last night," Hanji answered.

"What was so important that you didn't take a shower and get proper sleep last night?" Levi asked.

"Well, robotics ended at six and I didn't get home until an hour later since I had to pick up some supplies for my project. I had two presentations due today and four homework assignments due today also," Hanji said.

"Tch, this is why sometimes you get your breakdowns," Levi said.

"Eh. It's only Friday. Imagine me during finals," Hanji laughed it off. "I'm going to eat these right now," Hanji said as she picked up the Hershey's bar.

"Don't eat them all in one morning," Levi said, slowly looking away and cheeks tinted with a light shade of pink. Hanji noticed his ears were red, so she grabbed it, which caused Levi to gently slap her hand away. "Don't do that," he said.

"Why not? Your ears are red," Hanji said.

"Well, it was freezing outside," Levi said.

"Aw, poor shorty," Hanji said as she wrapped her arms around Levi. "Not only do you lack in height, but you're always cold."

"Shitty-Glasses, stop," Levi said as he pushed Hanji away from him. He felt his heart beat faster than usual and his face heat up more.

"You're blushing, Levi," Hanji noted.

"Because it's fucking weird when you hug me," Levi said. Before anyone could say anything, the bell rang obnoxiously. The students all groaned as they grabbed their books and began to head to their classes.

"Well, I'll see you in English," Hanji said. "Let's hope Mr. Smith doesn't get me in trouble for eating this in class."

"Erwin's dad will probably let you get away with it," Levi said. "Now, I've got to head to math. See you next hour."

----------

 Levi waited for Hanji outside her locker after the afternoon announcements. It was his turn to take her home since she isn't capable of driving herself home without her mother worrying about her driving skills, despite the fact she's a junior. Levi waited for forty minutes before he saw Hanji running down the empty hallway.

"You're late," Levi said.

"Sorry Levi!" Hanji panted as she opened her locker. "I had to do the math quiz I missed last week when I went to that field trip to the university," Hanji said as she put her things in her backpack. 

"It's fine. I was just wondering," Levi said with a shrug. A minute later, Hanji got her stuff into her book bag and the chocolates she didn't eat that day and closed her locker.

"You know, Levi," Hanji began to say as they walked towards the student parking lot. "I'm wondering who gave me these chocolates," she said, looking at him.

"Don't ask me. I don't know either," Levi said, looking ahead.

"Hm... do you think it was Erwin?" Hanji asked. "But he didn't mention it or asked if I liked them. Hm... Levi, did you tell someone about my love for chocolates?" Hanji asked.

"No, four-eyes, I didn't," Levi responded.

"Aha! So then it was Erwin who told someone I love chocolates!" Hanji exclaimed. "But the question is, who and why?"

"I don't know, maybe they like how loud, abnormal, and filthy you are. Maybe that shitty sense of humor also," Levi said nonchalantly.

"You also have a shitty sense of humor," Hanji pointed out.

"Tch, I have an excuse, I'm an asshole," Levi said. "You're just you. You're always cheerful."

"Aw, Levi, that isn't true. You act like an asshole but you're a great guy underneath it all," Hanji stated.

"Tch, typical of you to say," Levi muttered. Despite the stoic facade Levi gave out to the world, and despite the fact he denied Hanji's statement about himself, she was completely right, in a way. Although, he wasn't going to admit that to her. 

 "Come on Levi, do don't think you're a horrible person, do you?" Hanji asked, stopping her tracks and looked at him. 

 Levi stopped walking and turned around. "Let's go," was all he said before walking out the door.

 Hanji pouted, but nevertheless, followed Levi towards the now empty student parking lot. Levi was the first to get in his car, turning it on. Hanji ran whatever was left to walk and got in, putting her bag in the back and changing the radio station from the rock station which was on commercials, to the alternative station where New Politics' Fall Into These Arms was playing. 

 "Oo! I like this song!" Hanji said, turning up the volume up more. By now, Levi had left the school's parking lot and was well on his way to the street both he and Hanji lived on. "Yeah, it's a nice song," Levi commented.

 "Guess what!" Hanji said to Levi. 

 "I don't know, what?" Levi asked. 

 "No you have to guess," Hanji stated.

 Levi rolled his eyes. "And why so?" Levi asked.

 Hanji crossed her arms. "Because I said so," Hanji said.

Levi sighed as he made a turn. "I don't know, you found somethings?" Levi asked.

"Nope!" Hanji said. "I got a hundred percent on my chemistry test." 

 Levi turned his head to see if Hanji was lying, which was easy to tell because she would have that cheesy smile while biting her lip. But she didn't. Instead of the cheesy smile and the lip biting she does when she lies, she had on a proud smile. "For real? Even I didn't pass that shitty test," Levi said. 

 "Well I did. Mr. Reiss said he was proud of me and I got starburst," Hanji smiled. 

 "Oh, that explains why you're energetic than you were this morning," Levi muttered. "Anyways, good work for passing that hell of a test," Levi added. 

 "Thanks, Levi!" Hanji exclaimed. "You know, you're pretty kind, even if you and other people who haven't properly talked to you say you're an asshole," Hanji said. 

 Levi looked over at Hanji. Their gazes met for a moment before Levi broke it by looking back to the road. "Sure," he said, feeling his face and ears heat up.

-------

 On Monday, Hanji walked up to her locker, just like every weekday, and opened it. Surprisingly, she found four more Hershey's in her locker, sitting there nicely on the one metal shelf. Hanji put her backpack on the hook and her jacket on the other and grabbed one of the chocolate bars. 

 "Why do you always take your damn time to come to school?" Levi asked as he walked up to her. He saw Hanji with the chocolate bar and crossed his arms. "Oh, did you bring that?" He asked. 

 "No. It was here, actually. Actually, someone put it in my locker," Hanji said. She set the chocolate bar back on the shelf and looked over at Levi. "Levi, do you know who keeps giving me these bars?" Hanji asked. 

 "No," he says. 

 "Okay," Hanji said. The bell rings, and again, like every morning, the students groan at the sign of starting the long day. 

 A long day it was indeed. Pretty much everyone had some test to study for Wednesday in their science classes, a subject Hanji was going to ace with no problem at all. 

 "Tch, stupid Mr. Reiss and his stupid test," Levi grumbled as he drove Hanji and him back home after school. "Bastard." 

 "I'm sure you'll ace it too," Hanji smiled at the grumpy Levi. "I can help you study!" She suggested. 

 "You don't-" Levi was about to say something, but Hanji cut him off by flicking his forehead. "Don't do that while I'm driving, Four-Eyes," Levi stated. 

 "Sorry. I only did it so you can stop talking," Hanji said. "I'm going to help you no matter how many times you kick my ass. Got it?" 

 Levi knew once Hanji had her mind set on something, it was nearly impossible to change it. Not even her mother could change her mind about something she was set to do. For example: studying. Hanji'll study all afternoon, forgetting to eat dinner, take a shower, and do other things like answer her phone whenever Levi called her. 

 With a sigh, he answered. "Fine. Do whatever you like," he said in defeat.

 "Ah, great!" Hanji exclaimed with joy. "We can start tonight!"

 And that night they did start to study. That night was also the coldest night of all winter. But despite the negative temperature, Levi still managed to get to Hanji's house, cursing profundities at the weather he despised because his immune system sucked a lot. Another reason why he's a 'clean freak' as Hanji would call it. 

 "You made it!" Hanji said when she opened the door for him. She had on a band tee from one of her favorite punk band and plain old blue jeans. 

 "Yes, now do me a favor and let me in, Four-Eyes," Levi stated as he shivered uncontrollably. Hanji stepped aside and let Levi in. Once inside, she closed the door. 

 "Brr, it's freezing out there," Hanji commented as she started to walk from the hall to the living room.

 "Tell me about it," Levi stated as he followed. Hanji turned around and saw Levi still had on his jacket, scarf, and beanie. "Aren't you going to take them off?" Hanji asked. "No." Levi answered. "I'll do it when I get some warmth back." Hanji shrugged and turned her back towards him. "Suit yourself," she said and continued to walk.

 Once they got to the warm living room, made up of two brown leather couches with pillows of Persian red and grey, in the middle of the couches was a seal brown coffee table, covered in textbooks. "Okay, so what part do you want to study first?" Hanji asked Levi. 

 "I don't know. Let's see what I get and I don't get first, then I'll ask you stuff, Four-Eyes," Levi said as he took Hanji's textbook. 

 "You didn't bring yours?" Hanji asked. 

 "I forgot it," was his excuse.

 During the afternoon, they had studied their hardest for the test. Levi had asked a couple of question he didn't understand, to which Hanji explained it to him better than Mr. Reiss ever did. During the time, Levi noticed Hanji had a Hershey's bar out on the table as she reviewed her notes. He felt the room get hotter than before, so he took his coat off and set it neatly on the couch.

 "Another chocolate bar?" Levi asked. 

 "Hmm. I keep finding them in my locker," Hanji said. "I still don't know which one of you guys told someone, who is generous enough to buy chocolates, my locker combination, though," Hanji said as she inspected Levi. 

 "You don't honestly thing I'll tell some idiot your combination?" Levi asked. 

 "No. But I'm just asking because Erwin keeps telling me to ask you," Hanji said. 

 He can't keep a damn secret from her, can't he? Levi asked himself and made a mental note to shave off his eyebrows when he was sleeping over. "Eyebrows, told you that?" Levi asked. Hanji nodded her head. "Well, I don't know," Levi said finally. 

 "Really?" Hanji asked, a hint of disappointment in her voice. "Oh my gosh! What if someone hacked into the school computer to check my combination and put poisoned chocolates in my locker!" Hanji exclaimed. 

 "Then it's your fault for eating them," Levi said. 

 "Oh my gosh I am going to die!" Hanji yelled. "I'm going to die! I'm going to die! Levi, if I don't make it tonight, take care of Tequila!" Hanji exclaimed. 

 "Your bunny?" Levi asked. 

 "Yes my bunny, Tequila!" Hanji said. 

 "Hanji, you're not going to die," Levi stated. 

 "And how do you know!? Have you inspected the chocolates I've been eating!?" Hanji asked. 

 "Hanji, first of all, you need to calm the fuck down," Levi said. "And second of all, there is no poison in that chocolate. I know, okay?" 

 "How do you know, Levi?" Hanji asked, narrowing her eyes in suspicious. 

 Levi noticed this and felt his face heat up. Shit, shit, shit. That didn't go well. Levi thought to himself. He felt his heart beat faster than ever before and feared Hanji will hear it. Levi hadn't realize it, but he had looked away from Hanji and after a while, gazed at her again. Fuck it. 

 Levi abruptly leaned in and tentatively pressed his lips against Hanji's. It was a sudden move that shocked Hanji, but slowly, Hanji melted into the soft kiss. 

 Levi felt like the world had paused for this moment. As cheesy as that sounds. He wondered if she could hear his heart beating against his rib cage like a bass drum. He wondered if she felt the same way he felt about her. When he felt Hanji press closer, he could taste the chocolates he had secretly gave her. 

Hanji felt her cheeks get hot and even more hotter when she pressed her lips against Levi's a little harder. Her hands twitched, urging her to wrap her arms around him. Her heart skipped beats and she could hear it, loud and clear. 

 Suddenly, the warmth was gone, leaving her to whimper quietly as the sudden temperature change and his lips against hers gone. Hanji slowly opened her eyes and saw Levi grab his jacket and run out the living room. 

 "Levi, wait!" She called out to him. She got up herself and ran towards the hallway. Hanji grabbed onto Levi's wrist, making him stop walking towards the door. "Hm?" Levi asked, not showing emotion at all. Hanji kissed Levi once more. Except with more passion. When they broke apart after a while of kissing, Hanji saw Levi's cheeks tinted red.

 "By the way," Hanji smiled at him. "I know you were the one putting chocolates in my locker." 

 "How'd you know?" Levi asked, feeling his ears heat up also. 

 "Well, I asked Erwin and he said it was you. I was trying to see if you'll tell me it was you or not," Hanji smirked. 

 "So you knew, but didn't want me to know you knew?" Levi asked. 

 "Pretty much." 

 "Why?" 

 "I wanted more chocolates from you!" Hanji laughed. Levi flicked Hanji's forehead out of nowhere. "Hey! What was that for?" Hanji asked. 

 "For not telling me you knew! Jesus Christ, shitty four-eyes, do you know how long I've been waiting to actually tell you shit," Levi stated.

 "Shit like you love me?" Hanji smiled. 

 "Yes. I love you very much, four-eyes," Levi said, which brought Hanji a bigger smile on her face. 

 "I love you, too, Levi." 

-----------

 I don't know if this was a good one-shot, but I had to update. So I'm back after production week and it was a pretty good show we put on. No one missed their lines and we filled the auditorium up. I really had a fun time. 

 In other news, in case you haven't noticed or forgot, you can send me topics you want me to write as a Levihan either in the comment section or my message. 

 I hope you liked the one-shot.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

436K 8.3K 35
Shingeki no Kyojin Oneshots. Mainly x readers :) enjoy:)
166K 2K 35
This is a Levi Ackerman x reader oneshot book, it's full of requests and my own ideas. -COMPLETED- Disclaimer: I don't own the characters they're al...
27.6K 220 6
Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin One Shots. Have an OTP? I do too. Want to see them be fluffy together, or have a lemon? Or do you want to see you...
965K 23.3K 83
Ranked #4 in LevixReader fanfics Please go check out my other book! It's the latest LevixReader One-shots and it's the better and improved one!!! Le...