The Materialists | Book 1 + 2...

By Kujiis

[ FINISHED - unedited ] ❝How do I... How do I stop them?" "You want to stop them?" Rachel raised an eyebrow. ... More

00
00.5
prologue + disclaimer
01 | Gold Digger
02 | Gucci is Slutty
03 | Social Suicide
04 | Pre-fuckup Plans
05 | Pretty boys
06 | Bathroom sex
07 | Cake Face
08 | A Party for the Privileged
09 | She's Too Perfect
10 | The Queen Bee is a Bitch
11 | The Real Devil Is Never Disguised
12 | The Beginning of the Beginning
13 | You Aren't Important Enough
The Invitation
14 | Champagne for the Sane
15 | The People in Power are Fools
16 | Bruised Apple
17 | You play Chess, I play Checkers
18 | The Game Of Life
19 | Lucifer is a Saint
20 | Tic-Tac-Toe
22 | She Is Temporary
23 | You can drown or you can die
THE DYNASTY {} Book 2
Cast & Playlist {} Book 2
01 | im only famous in AUS
02 | this is the GIRLS bathroom
03 | I make allies not friends
04 | you'd be a terrible businesswoman
05 | the queen bee is a bitch, pt 2.
06 | there's always something to be tired of
07 | but please don't hate me
08 | so no goodbye?
09 | this isn't a formal gathering
10 | dogs get the scraps
11 | every story has two sides
12 | a devils resurrection
13 | the queen hasn't fallen, yet
14 | always one step behind
15 | scared of the crown
16 | you are officially fucked
17 | one last gesture
18 | the lonely king that was never alone
19 | you weren't thinking
20 | the truth
21 | do I look like a cat person to you?
22 | but I missed you
23 | shes her mothers daughter
24 | so I'm not allowed to care?
25 | we can figure this out
26 | comfort and closure
27 | self control
28 | one-way ticket
29 | the good kind of selfish
30 | In a while crocodile
31 | farewell, _____ _____
Epilogue
Authors Q&A

21 | You Should Be Scared

4.2K 175 28
By Kujiis

I came back to let you know
Got a thing for you and I can't let go

"LAURENE?"

I felt like I was slowly losing air. This was it, the voice I'd been longing to hear for so long. If this is what I'd been wanting, why did I feel so alone? Why did I feel like I had to get far away from him? Moving seemed almost impossible, so I didn't move. I sat there on the couch, my hands shaking and forehead sweating. I knew he could hear me breathing, even Jesus Christ himself could probably hear from the way I was deeply panting like I couldn't store the air I was inhaling.

"Laurene, I-. I'm glad you called," I heard him move around in his bed, probably trying to understand why the hell I'd called him. 

For that, I didn't know myself. But I just went against everything I pledged I wouldn't do. He broke up with me. I can't forget that. I loved him and he ended it. It's his fault. It's his fault. 

"Sorry, wrong number."

It felt so wrong saying that, but I couldn't control myself and that's the last thing I needed right now. I needed full control over my thoughts and actions, especially at this stage in life, I didn't have the choice to fuck up. Looking at my phone, who was still opened in his contact, I scrolled down staring at the red block button.

"Get yourself together, Laura," I whispered to myself, blocking him and shutting off my phone. Wiping away my tears, I stood up and quietly made my way to the front entrance. Outside, my driver was still waiting.

"I thought dinner ended later?" He asked, but didn't object when I nodded my head and opened the car door.

Get yourself together. This is not how someone of your class acts. Mother would be disappointed.

Monday felt different, the atmosphere felt different. The Instagram post had blown up beyond imaginable, the number of shares, likes, and comments prooved that. Along with Yasmin and Ryan spamming the accounts DMs begging them to remove the video. Rachel and I didn't reply to anyone or anything. Leaving people clueless as to what happened, besides what was shown on the video. I felt so powerful even if they didn't know it was me who posted the video.

Tao, Isaia, Zia, Brandy, Sonny, Cajes, and Ace were all waiting out front for me when my driver dropped me off that morning. I walked up to them, they were standing in a line, and I suppose they thought that was intimidating but they looked kind of stupid since there were so many of them.

"Morning," I said, stopping in front of them.

"I'm guessing you saw the video," Ace began. Wow, they really don't do small talk.

I had to play this right, my account wasn't following the drama account. It looked too suspicious for the host of the party to be the first person following the account. But I guess now it looked weird that Rachel and I were the only ones in the grade not following it.

"No, I haven't. I don't waste my time on those things," I said, playing with the pearl braclet on my wrist.

"Well, it's a video of your party. Maybe you should be wasting your time on them," Tao said, obviously frustrated. 

"Show me the video," I said, even though I already knew what was on it.

Zia seemed to have the video prepared already, and held out her phone where the video was playing. I kept a straight face while seeing this. "I don't see the problem."

"The problem is that someone you invited recorded this video and then posted it on this account. The problem is this is probably not the only thing they recorded. The problem is someone is stalking us," Tao exaggerated.

"I've got nothing they can expose anyway. Unless you're some secret drug dealer or plotting to rob a bank or something, I still don't see the problem," I shrugged my shoulders.

"You aren't...worried?" Cajes asked. Even he, the person who seemed least involved in all of this, seemed more paranoid than Brandy herself.

"No. And you guys shouldn't be either. It was a petty fight, someone was bound to record it anyway. Chill out," I replied. 

They should be worried though. They should be really fucking worried. I pushed past them, beginning to walk to the library where we always waited before class. They followed. Of course, they followed. I practically owned them now, I wonder if they knew that. As we walked, I eyed up almost every boy in the hallway. I needed to find the perfect person. I certainly wasn't going to date an idiot, nor someone unattractive. I needed to find someone who would fall head over heels for me. Someone who would trail behind me like a puppy, those are the ones that are easiest to control. Control meaning he wouldn't be trying to get in my pants every two seconds. Control meaning if I said no, he'd be okay with that.

It would probably be easiest to aim for the nerds. Maybe even a B-lister, to be honest. When we got to the library, and they all started talking, all I could focus on were the people wandering in and out of the place. I needed to find someone, and fast with the was Isaia was slowly sliding closer and closer to my spot on the couch.

"Hey Zia?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"Where's the computer lab?" It probably seemed strange, asking for the computer lab. But I wasn't joking when I said I needed to find someone fast. 

They all gave me a strange look, but Zia thankfully replied with the directions without asking any questions. Smiling at them, I quickly got up and made my way out of the library. The computer lab was supposedly on the first floor, so if I wanted to get there before the bell rang I'd have to hurry. I arrived there with 5 minutes before the bell, and just as I expected, there were 4 computer nerds huddled around one of the computers.

Pressing open the door with a loud squeak, I grabbed the attention of them all. Analyzing their faces, I came to the conclusion no one in this school was actually ugly. The first two looked like siblings with the same nose, eyes, and hair color, yet the second was noticeably younger. Probably a freshman. The third had red hair, slightly curled, with green eyes and dimples. The last had hair dyed dark blue with brown eyes. Though, if I had to rank them, it would probably go redhead, the older sibling, blue hair, and the youngest of them all.

"Oh, hi," I said, pretending to be shocked they were in here. I tried to format a plan in my head, realizing I didn't actually have a reason to be here.

"Hi," The four of them replied, probably wondering why I was talking to them in general.

"Wrong room...sorry," I said. Just before leaving, I made sure to make eye contact with the redhead, giving him a small flirtatious smile before leaving.

As the door close I heard one of them say, "Did you see that?".

Damn, this might be easier than I thought it would be.

Song Of The Chapter:

A little different, I know. This is just another build-up chapter. Nothing too important to be honest. I've also been introducing a lot of characters, and for the second book/part, I will make a cast for those important ones too!

Anywho, don't forget to vote & comment! I love reading your comments so much they really make my day teehee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...
2M 53.6K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
3K 141 19
[ ONGOING ] A DARK ROMANCE ❝Estelle, my darling," Mother cooed, looking down thoughtfully upon me. "Yes, Mother?" Her hand snaked down from my should...
129K 5.4K 24
❝Mysterious," he hummed in amusement. "I like it. Are you new then, mystery girl?❞ - High school is like a game of chess. You have to gamble the move...