D for Depression [ On Hold ]

By StorytimewithC

It's going to be back very soon 🚨 ''Look at me'' he said in a demanding tone, making me flinch. I hesitantly... More

Author's note
Chapter 1: Joker
Chapter 2: Jawline
Chapter 3: Fine
Chapter 4: Screwed
Chapter 5: Trouble pt 1
Chapter 6: Trouble pt 2
Chapter 7: Drugs and lies
Chapter 8: Him
Chapter 10: Anything
Chapter 11: Aftermath
Chapter 12: Promise
Chapter 13: Bob
Chapter 14: Isaac
Chapter 15: Déjà vu
Chapter 16: Raindropes on roses
Chapter 17: Ruined
Chapter 18: In love?
Chapter 19: Hunt
Chapter 20: A bit of truth
Chapter 21: Date
Chapter 22: J.W.
Chapter 23: Intruder
Chapter 24: Taste [+18]
Chapter 25: Heartbreaks
Chapter 26: Fucked up cases
Chapter 27: Heaven
Chapter 28: Mine
Chapter 29: Daddy
10k Reads🎖️
Chapter 30: Little Brat
Chapter 31: Jackson's
Chapter 32: Under the rug
Chapter 33: Wild Thing
Chapter 34: The Fear Of Having
Chapter 35: How I feel
Chapter 36: The red flags
Chapter 37: Where The Truth Lies
Chapter 38: Highway to Hell
Chapter 39: Angel baby [18+]
READ ME
My Sweet Babies
RECAP
Chapter 40: Kill this love
Chapter 41: The Hills [18+]
A thank you note, the Update and the 340k Reads

Chapter 9: Dark Knight

11K 273 223
By StorytimewithC

"Déjà Vu''

''A memory of a dream, a precognition, a coincidental overlapping of events or even a past life experience.''

I look into his dark eyes mesmerized by the person in front of me.

It's him.

The night we met keeps playing in my head and I feel like pinching myself, to make sure I'm not dreaming.

It's actually him.

My Joker.

He chuckles softly. His gaze wondering in every inch of my face.

''Hello again... Harley'' he says with a smirk, and I swear I stopped breathing for a moment.

He notices and gently caresses my face.

''Keep breathing baby.''

My insides turn crazy hearing the pet name and I feel like I'm about to burst.

''Wait here'' he says, sitting up and I desperately grab his hand.

''Where are you going?'' I ask panicking.

I'm afraid that if I let him go, I'll never see him again.

He bents down to my eye level, softly smiling at me.

''I'll be right back. Ok? Stay here.''

After that, he brings his hand to the back of my head and places a kiss on top of it.

I watch him walk away, my eyes not leaving his figure for a moment, too afraid he is going to disappear.

Soon he comes back, bringing a bottle of water with him. He gives it to me, after open it first.

I drink, feeling my neck dry form all the crying.

''Do you feel better?'' he asks, scanning me worriedly.

I nod, not looking at his way.

A light scream sounds from the back.

I can see Dylan holding his leg, while the driver of the gang keeps him down. Eric is unconscious and the other guy is all over the floor. They all look badly injured.

''We should go.'' My Joker says.

He gives me his hand and I take it hesitant. His warmth encircles me, making me feel safe.

''Don't worry about them'' he says, after caught me looking at the men on the floor.

His friends stare at me briefly, while he walks me to his car, opening the door for me.

''I'll be right back.''

I watch him talk with the driver and the pale guy. I can't hear what they're saying, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with the three men in front of them. The driver gives me a look, while I keep my eyes on them.

After a few minutes he comes back to me. Sitting behind the wheel, he turns the engine on and drives fast without a second word.

*

I'm dreaming. Yeah that's it.

I'm dreaming and I'll probably wake up all tangled between my sheets, only to realize everything was a dream.

That the man beside me is just a fantasy. He is not real.

This is not real. Right?

I can feel him staring at me with the corners of his eyes. He is studying me. Oh God.

Suddenly, the car slows down and eventually pulls over. I look at him confused, while he bents over me. I hold my breath for the 100th time tonight, thinking how close his face is to me.

I can see every detail clearly. His beautiful dark eyes, the high cheekbones, his sharp jawline. That jawline I couldn't stop thinking about...he is so handsome.

And he is so close...

His eyes meet mine only inches away... is he going to kiss me?

My heart beats rapidly in my rib cage, just with the thought of it.

''Your seatbelt. Always wear your seatbelt on'' he says, dragging my seatbelt securely, across my body.

Of course, stupid. Why would he kiss you?

He stays in the same position, close to me, not taking his eyes away.

I'm gonna pass out.

''Breath baby.''

That name again. The sound of it gives me butterflies and I let the breath I was holding.

''Good'' he says, with a smile.

I try to calm down my hormones, while he is too busy turning the car on.

''Are you cold?'' he asks, after watching me rub my hands.

''No'' I lie.

''No?'' he raises a perfect eyebrow.

I look out of the window trying to avoid the conversation, but he surprises me when he takes my hand into his much bigger one and brings it to his face.

He gently presses the back of my hand to his cheek, letting me feel the smooth skin underneath.

''Jesus, your hands are like ice.''

He blows some air and I shiver at the feeling of his hot breath. On top of that he finishes with a quick peck, which leaves me completely paralyzed.

I look at him, my jaw hanging, while he lets my hand go and open the air conditioning.

I slightly pout at the loss of contact, but I don't say a word.

''It's going to get better in a minute.''

I nod silent.

He looks at me once more, before return his gaze to the road.

''You are not much of a talker, aren't you?''

I turn surprised and slightly embarrassed.

Fuck Daphne. He thinks you are weird. Of course, he does.

He saved your life and you haven't even said a word to him. But how can you explain that you are too afraid to speak and embarrass yourself in front of him? Or that your anxiety is killing you and you are just too fucked up.

I look down playing with my fingers, feeling uncomfortable.

''That's ok. I prefer people who don't talk much. It makes it even more special when they actually do.''

I look up only to find him kindly smiling at me. My heart skips a beat.

God.. He is really handsome.

And his words.. Nobody ever talked to me like this. Nobody understood me.

I avert my gaze out of the window, my cheeks slightly pink.

And I just blushed. Great Daphne.

He notices and chuckles. ''Cute'' I hear him mumble.

I blush harder and try to take my mind somewhere else.

''Where are we going?'' I ask in a quiet tone, but came out more like a whisper.

I see him smiling with satisfaction, and even if he is trying to play it off, I know it's because he finally heared me talk on my own.

''Somewhere safe'' he responds. ''You trust me, right?''

I nod and he smiles again.

Please don't do that. My heart can't take it.

''Why were you there?'' he asks, after a few moments.

The question takes me by surprise, although I should have wait for it. I mean I want to ask the same thing but I'm too anxious.

''Um..I-I'' Fuck. Don't stutter now.

'' I w-was looking for someone.''

''Yeah? Who?''

''My friend.''

Zoey right. Wait...the girl!

I panic thinking about the foreign girl we left behind.

''The girl. There was a girl in the garage. She was unconscious.'' I speak fast, my voice full of anxiety.

''Calm down. I took care of it. Ethan will take her to the hospital.''

Ethan.

The driver, his friend from the cinema. That's why he sounded so familiar.

I exhale relieved. ''Thank God, I didn't want to leave her behind.''

''You know her?'' he asks.

''No, I found her there when I was looking for my friend. But I wouldn't let something happen to her.''

He gently smiles at my response, while silence fills the space.

I glance at him biting my lips. A nervous habit I can't get rid of.

''Go ahead. Ask.'' He says, eyes fixed on the road.

''Umm...what were you doing there?'' I ask quietly.

''Ethan called me. He said there was a problem and they needed my help.''

I don't know why, but I feel like he is not telling me the whole truth.

''So...are you..''

''What?'' he raises an eyebrow.

I open my mouth to speak, but his phone interrupts us.

''Hello?'' he says.

I stare at him observing his features.

He stays silent and looks at me with the corners of his eyes. His grip on the wheel tightens for a moment, while clenching his jaw.

I've no idea what they are saying, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with me.

''OK, see you soon.''

With that he closes the phone, eyes straight ahead on the road.

''Is everything alright?'' I ask hesitant.

''The girl is ok. Ethan said that she is not in danger. As long as, the drug she took comes out of her system, she is not going to have a problem.''

''That's a relief. And she didn't take the drug, they gave it to her.'' I simply reply, which looks like it took him of guard. But he doesn't say anything.

A few minutes later the car comes to a halt and I start looking around.

We are in the middle of nowhere. Literally.

I turn and look at him. ''What are we doing here?''

''Don't worry. We're just changing vehicle.'' He reassures me.

I get out of the car gazing my surroundings. My eyes fell on the man in front of me, standing beside a motorcycle. It's his friend. Ethan.

''Hey everything alright?'' My Joker asks.

''Yep. As we agreed.''

''Good. I'll see you later.''

''Take care. And remember what we said.'' He adds briefly looking at me, before he gets in the car and leaves.

''Are you coming?''

I turn and look at him. He is already on top of the motorcycle preparing the engine.

Why is he so hot?

I let my eyes drool over his form. He looks so sexy with the black leather clothes.. I could look at him forever. Especially riding the motorcycle.

He seems so dangerous and charming. I remember Khloe's words.

''He screamed danger...but a sexy one.''

Yep. I'm officially dead.

''Are you afraid?'' he asks and I have to shake my head to wake up for my thoughts.

''N-no'' I respond, coming closer to him.

''Good. Put this on'' he gives me a helmet and I struggle putting my head inside.

Fuck Daphne. Stop embarrassing yourself like that.

''Here, I'll help you.''

I look up waiting for him like a little kid, getting help from its parents.

He secures it under my chin and jumps on the bike.

''Ok climb now.''

He understands this is my first time riding, since I'm looking quite lost.

''Just lean on my shoulders.''

I do what he says and quickly, I'm sitting behind him.

''Now put your hands around my waist.''

I froze for a moment. Seeing my hesitation, he takes my hands rapping them around his torso.

I exhale deeply. In this position I'm pretty sure he can feel my heart beating like crazy. But he doesn't make a comment about it.

''Just hold tight. Ok?''

I nod and the next moment we are riding fast into the darkness.

***

I hope you don't find the story boring guys. I'm trying to take things slow, so you can get to know the characters.

Please keep reading.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

998K 52.5K 33
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
61.7K 10.3K 71
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙
50.1K 1.2K 72
Harry Potter x female reader °。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。 Cedric Diggory has a younger sister named Y/n and she's starting her fourth year at Hogwarts. H...
16.8M 648K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...