In a heartbeat

By hopeless_despair_

Childhood friends finally meet again after months apart, but their both hiding a secret. Can they keep it or... More

We meet again.
Catch up.
Temptation
Cover keepen.
I'll save you.
Get better.
I'm fine...
Forgive me.
Job done.
Our first introduction
Suspicion
Time together
The kiss.
The date?
Blissful day
Splitting ways
Remembering
Please don't leave
Calm, Loving moment
Another morning
Kill the kids
Dinner date
Blossoming love
Together at last
Boyfriend
Kaneki?
The chair
FLASHBACK - what makes a ghoul.
PRESENT - coming to find you
Embrace me
Home
Delivered
Guilt
Bandaged
Washing Machine
Safe
Rest Your Head

Goodnight

765 26 7
By hopeless_despair_

Kaneki's PoV:

I take a sip from my drink occasionally. It wasn't as good as mine of course since it's my job to make coffee, but it wasn't too bad. I smile gently at the feeling of Hide's hand in my hair and close my eyes. I feel him kiss my head quickly "you're kissing me a lot Hide" I mumble. "I can't help it, I've dreamed of this day for years" he said, chuckling. I smile more and felt myself slowly drifting to sleep. My hands loosen on the cup. Hide took it from me and set it down "goodnight Kaneki, sweet dreams."

Hide's PoV:

I look down at Kaneki and smile, he had a very peaceful sleeping face. I close the magazine and set it down, slowly and carefully getting up. I walk to the kitchen and wash everything up, thinking about what we can do tomorrow for our date. Once I was done in the kitchen I go to the bedroom and make Kaneki's bed so I can transfer him from the couch. I walk back to him and carefully pick him up, supporting his back. I carry him to the bed and tuck him in, even putting a hot water bottle in there to keep him warm. I close the curtain and sit down on the floor, holding his hand. I lean my head on the edge and close my eyes.

After a while I could no longer feel his hand in mine. I heard mumbling and crying. I sit up and look at Kaneki "babe...? You ok?" I ask, getting up. Kaneki was tossing and turning, he looked very stressed and uncomfortable. "Kaneki..?" I shake him gently "wake up" I gently slap his cheek. He wasn't waking up. I run to the kitchen and grab a glass of water. I run back and chuck it in his face.

Kaneki's PoV:

My eyes open. I look at Hide, he appeared to be very worried... I breathe heavily, trying to calm down. "Kaneki what's wrong?" He asks, holding my cheeks as he wipes my face. "Hide I was so scared..." I cry "they were trying to kill you...". Hide hugs me "tell me what happened".

"We were on our date... and a man with white hair and a big nose walked over to us... he took me and did horrible things... and you came for me... you almost made it... but I had to stand there and watch while Touka dragged me away... she told me it's too late... and that I had to give up and it was best that it happened..." I sob, the image taking over my head. "Kaneki it's alright, I'm here. It was just a nightmare." He makes me look him in the eyes "everything will be ok." He assured me. I slowly nod and hug him tightly "I'll never let that happen Hide... never..."

"I know Kaneki, I know..."

He lays me back down "now sleep, I'll be right here". I slowly nod and pull him down, hugging him gently as I slowly fall back asleep...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 2.9K 28
Panic. That was the feeling that consumed Hide's mind while being held captive in a room for days. But being held against his will isn't his only pro...
5.3K 118 16
In Kamii University, Kaneki meets a beautiful girl and she is a half ghoul same like him. But how's their relationship will be between two of them???
1.9K 73 15
You lived happily (kind of) with your boyfriend, Keiji Shinogi, until you moved back to your hometown and realized that your ex-boyfriend who killed...
70.5K 1.7K 42
COMPLETED Kaneki and Hide have been dating for a few months. One day Hide finds out Kaneki is a ghoul, not only that but his other secret. Hide acce...