The Accidental Wedding

By kiwiiiiii_

A story about arranged marriages in India. Naina is an independent Indian woman living in London and visits h... More

Author's note
1. The Meet
2. Escape
3. Pickup Lines
4. To Find a Way
5. The Maybe-Date
6. The Plan
7. Picnic Baskets
8. London Baby!
9. Shopping Spree
10. Snoggers and Sleeping Beauty
11. Rendezvous
12. First Day, First Date
13. Making Up and Breaking Up
14. Flashbacks and Tears
15. Pancakes
16. A Place Close to His Heart
17. People Change
18. Dirty Secrets
19. A Bullet of Love
20. Double Trouble
21. Pure Gold
22. It's a Mother's Day
23. Mothers-in-Law Unite
25. Le Plus Mignon
26. Best Friend
27. A Lot Of Reunions
28. I Am Not Sick
29. A Big Happy Family
30. Another Problem
31. Back to India
32. Happy Ending
Epilogue
Announcement!
Another Announcement!

24. A Wife and Two Kids

6.3K 205 9
By kiwiiiiii_

Not one, but two problems at once. It was fine when we were attacked one at a time.

"We have a problem." we said at the same time.

"You go first." he said.

"I have to marry Ashwin in a year. My father is getting everything ready. His dad insisted and mine went along with it. What are we going to do?" I blabbered.

"What!? No. You can't marry him. Why would you marry a gay man?"

"Seriously? That is what you see? Do you not see I am your girlfriend and carrying your babies who will barely be 8 month-olds in a year?"

"Calm down. That is not what I meant, baby. But can we please concentrate on the problem now?"

"Okay. What have you got?"

"We can't let mom come with us."

"She is your mother! You met her after years of thinking she was dead. Why do you not want her there? It's not like we will be able to do things anymore." I said and sat down on the bed.

"I know. I do want to spend time with her. But my dad is in London and he knows where I live; he is not coming to work so he is definitely going to want to visit. I don't want that bastard anywhere around her, you or my children."

"Oh! I didn't even think about that. We need to talk to her."

"We really do. And we have that other problem. Does Ashwin know about the wedding?" he asked me.

"I don't think so. My mom told me and he hasn't been anywhere out of New York for a while. I don't know if he talked on phone."

"I will call and ask him tomorrow. Let's just order dinner."

"Okay. I do need to relax." I said.

.

Shiv's POV-

I watched her sleep. Her thick eyelashes dipped downwards till they closed and she fell into a peaceful slumber. But for some reason, I know it wasn't peaceful.

None of us want this wedding to happen. Everyone will know that she is pregnant with my children and we are in love. I don't care about my reputation even a little bit, It's hers that I don't want to be shattered.

There was only one way to stop this.

I thought and slept off.

The next morning, I woke up before 6 a.m. I got up from the bed without a noise and walked out to the balcony and shut the door close.

I clicked on the contact and dialled the number.

"Good morning, mom. I was wondering if you still have grandma's engagement ring?"

"Yes, I do. Why did you ask?" she said with amusement laced in her voice.

"I am going to need it today." I said and she understood.

"Oh! I am so happy. Come pick it up. I will text you the address." she said and I hung up shortly after thanking her.

I stood there for a while, staring at the city. I had been to Paris before but this time I was actually in it. Like Naina said, she wanted to see the city and not just visit. I saw it this time. I felt it this time.

I felt small hands around my abdomen and a bump to my back.

"Good morning, love. You're up so early?" I asked and turned around to face her.

"Yeah, the bed wasn't warm enough without you." she said as she snuggled into my chest.

"Oh. You up for lunch there today?" I said as I pointed towards the top of the Eiffel tower.

"Really?" she asked as her face lighted up. 

"Yes, really." I replied to her and she tightened her grip around me.

"Can't we just be like this?" she asked in a whisper.

"Like what?"

"Like this, you know. Like everything is normal, snuggled up and being happy with each other. Can't we stay like this?" she asked and it shattered my heart.

"As much as I would love to do that, It isn't real love if there aren't obstacles. We tend to have a lot of them, honestly." I said and lightly chuckled.

Woah, that may have been the wisest thing ever to come out of your mouth, Shiv.

We just stood there, clung to each other silently. My mind went back to the day I met her, she was just my best friend's future wife to me. Now she was going to be mine.

If she says yes. A voice yelled in the back of my head.

Of course she will say yes. Stay positive. I fought back.

"Come on, let's get you ready." I said to her and held her shoulders while guiding her back to the bathroom.

I filled up the tub for her and checked the temperature before adding bath salts.

"You need to relax. I will get some breakfast for us, okay? Take your time." I said to her. I needed the time to go to my mom's place and get the ring from her.

She nodded and I pecked on her lips lightly and walked out of the suite.

I rang the bell outside her house. It was pretty huge. I needed to ask her what she did for a living that she was able to afford this kind of place in Paris. 

"Hello!" she beamed. "Come on in." 

I walked in and noticed all the interiors were victorian style. Classic chandeliers and vintage furniture spread all around.

Naina would love this place. I thought to myself.

"Mom, the ring. I need it quick." 

"Have some patience. You are here for the first time, sit down. I will bring you the ring."

"Mom, I have told her that I went out to bring breakfast. How long do you think that takes?" I rolled my eyes.

"Fine. I will bring it." she said and walked up the stairs.

She came back in a couple of minutes.

"What do you do here in Paris? You seem quite well off." I asked her.

"I am the owner of a fashion brand here. It's currently local in France but I am trying to expand it." she said and handed me the small black velvet box that contained the ring.

"That is great. I can talk to people in London if you want." I said.

"We can talk about that later. Go and get engaged. And yeah, you both are coming over for dinner tonight. I won't hear any excuses. Do you understand?" 

"Yes, mom. She would love this place. And thank you for the ring." I said and walked out towards the rental car I had.

I saw her wave at me from her front porch and I drove off.

I remembered to buy breakfast before going or she would've understood something was wrong. 

Soon, everything will be right. I thought and pulled up at the hotel.

.

"Took you long enough." I heard her say as I entered the suite.

She was sitting on one of the couches while watching TV. Her body was draped in the dusty rose dress I bought for her. Her bump looked not too large because of the cape.

"You look stunning." I said and walked over to kiss her forehead.

"Thank you. But I haven't done my make-up yet."

"You are still beautiful." I said and walked over to the counter where the food supplies sat.

I set the french breakfast I bought for us on plates and sat next to her on the couch.

"The Italian mastermind Lorenzo Moretti escaped yet another raid at his club. The police is now investigating and questioning all his acquaintances. The gangster was seen on multiple occasions with an Indian girl who we are still looking for."  The news reader said.

"Oh my God!  The police is looking for Sanjana now? What has she gotten herself into? I told her to talk to him. This is all my fault." Naina panicked.

"Hey, no baby. It isn't your fault. She was already involved, you just gave her an advice." I assured her.

"Still. If I had told her to stay away from him, she would have stayed out of it."

"You can't do anything other than to call her and ask her where she is."

"You are right." she said and picked up her phone and dialled Sanjana's number.

She stood up and went inside the bedroom with a croissant in her hand.

I stood up and walked in the bathroom to take a quick shower. I was already getting nervous, my mind went on to different situations and I wasn't able to think straight.

I picked up my phone after getting ready and dialled Ashwin.

"Bro, do you know about the wedding your beloved father is planning?" 

"What wedding? I don't know shit. What are you talking about?" he said. He was never the smartest pea in the pod.

"Your wedding, to my girlfriend, your boyfriend's sister, remember her? Your lovely daddy insisted on having the wedding earlier. It is next year and the preparations have started."

"What the hell!? I didn't know. I can't marry her." he exclaimed.

"Yeah, no shit." I said and the continued. "Come to London with her brother as soon as you can. We have a lot of problems right now."

"We will try. I will inform you once we decide the flight tickets and everything. Don't worry, we will figure it out."

I hung up. I should have told him about me proposing but I couldn't. Naina was near me and she could have heard. I did feel a little bad because ever since we were kids, we have shared everything with each other. I brushed off the feeling and put on my tuxedo suit.

"Are you ready? I am getting bored." I whined as I sat on the bed while she did her make-up.

"I can't get the eyeliner right!" she said, frustrated.

"Here, let me." 

"What? I am not a sketch book. There is no need to make me look like a clown."

"Just sit down." I said and rolled my eyes.

I picked up the brush and dipped it in the tiny pot. I drew a thin line starting from the middle and then from the corner of her eye. I finished off with a small wing at the end. I copied the actions on the other eye and it turned out equal on both sides.

"You can look." I said.

"What the hell? Are you sure you aren't a drag queen? How did you make both of them equal?"

"Ashwin and I used to play around with his mother's make-up when we were kids. I did it all the time for him. I am surprised I didn't notice the signs of homosexuality earlier." I said.

"You are a wizard. Even I can't get it right, you have to teach me." she said, sounding amazed.

"Yeah, no. I don't share my secrets. Now do the rest of it quickly. We are getting late." I said and walked out of the room. I checked my blazer pocket once again for the ring box.

This is it. Your life. A wife and two kids. I thought to myself.

I was never the kind of guy who wanted a marriage and children. I never wanted to get married; I used to fuck around and enjoy life between alcohol and random hookups. 

Now you enjoy life with her. The voice in the back of my mind said and for once, I didn't push it away.

.

Naina's POV-

We sat in the restaurant at the top of the Eiffel tower. Everything looked tiny from up there, it was so beautiful. We ordered out food and I saw Shiv squirm a lot of times during the meal.

"Are you okay?" I asked him with concern.

"Better than ever." he said and took my hand in his.

"Why is that?" I asked and chuckled.

"Because-" 

He kneeled down on one knee beside my chair and took out a black velvet box. He opened it and a beautiful ruby ring sat perched in the box. My eyes widened at the gesture.

"Will you marry me, Naina?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 7.7K 43
When Neha's parents decided to marry her off. She does not have any option other than marrying him. But when he didn't talk to her atleast for once...
159K 9.8K 64
They say that getting married is your happily ever after. But is it really if it's an arranged marriage? -Naman Mehra: 28. Captain of the Indian Cri...
199K 15.4K 37
Her marriage was fixed which was an arranged marriage but she moved to London to pursue her career and dreams and after that, she would marry. But in...
611K 34.4K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...