Love Bites *Sequel to Insanit...

By SoniaJohn

It was only supposed to be a game. A deception of the mind. An empty promise of love. A temptation of lust. B... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Bloody Reunion
Z
Chapter 2: Conflict
Chapter 3: Three's A Crowd
Z
Chapter 4: The Council
Z
Chapter 5: Blurred Lines of Grey
Z
Chapter 6: Camouflage
Z
Chapter 7: Up In The Air
Z
Z
Chapter 9: Emotions Running High
Z
Chapter 10: Green With Jealousy
Z
Chapter 11: Trust
Z
Chapter 12: The Calm Before The Storm
Z
Chapter 13: A Thorn In The Side
Z
Chapter 14: The Heart Wants What it Wants
Z

Chapter 8: Unexpected Alias

653 55 24
By SoniaJohn

"Should we get down?" I eye Zayn apprehensively but he looks as confused as I am. 

I stare at our surroundings with wild eyes. Just minutes ago our whole car was lifted up into the air like a toy car and now we were sitting ducks in what looked like a cargo airplane. The whole scenario was just so bizarre I found it difficult to wrap my head around it.

The door to the cockpit opened and a few people dressed in white walked out towards us. 

"Don't get out till I say so," Zayn commanded. He then forced open his door and got out. 

The figures were a bit blurry because I wasn't wearing my spectacles but Harry could see them clearly and I heard him gasp. 

"No way," He said to himself as he leaned forward. 

"Who is it?" I whispered harshly but when the figure right in front of the group reached our car I immediately recognized her golden hair and towering height, not to mention that supermodel face. 

"Mikaela?" Both Harry and I said out loud in unison and she immediately turned our way. 

She reached my side door with the same vampire speed Zayn had and pulled it open rather easily considering the door was badly damaged and the lock had been destroyed during our car chase just moments ago. 

"Rosalie, glad to see you've made it this far," She shot Zayn a venomous look before turning to Harry. "You too, Harry."

"Mikaela, what?" I was at a loss for words as she guided me out gently. Harry's door had been ripped off the car so he had no problem getting out and following us. 

"Are you a vampire too?" Harry asked her incredulously.

She nodded her head solemnly. "Yes, I'm sorry I could never tell you."

"But we watched you grow up in front of us. I thought vampires don't age?" I rubbed my eyes as I looked at her. Why did everything feel so unreal? Like I was having a really long nightmare. I pinched myself harshly and winced in pain. No this was definitely real. 

When we reached Zayn and the other people standing with him I noticed Zayn staring at me in amusement and then at my hand. Trust him to be able to read my mind. I ignored him and purposely stood a few feet away but within seconds I could feel his shoulder touching mine. 

Feeling angry and annoyed I shot him a look to which he ignored as he looked up at Mikaela with an innocent expression on his face. I scowled at him and stepped to the side so that we weren't touching each other anymore. 

I couldn't explain how angry I was with him right now. Everything that was happening to me and Harry was because of him and his genius plan to kill everyone on Earth and drink their blood.

"Kayla, why are we here?" Zayn asked Mikaela and I drew my attention away from Zayn and to the people around us. 

I recognized Mikaela but not the three people standing by her side. I stared at the first girl who had long dark hair braided down her back and stunning green eyes that turned my way the moment she caught me staring. 

She shot me a kind smile which I just couldn't reciprocate in the situation I was in. I averted my gaze to the tall guy who towered over the dark haired girl. He had a serious expression on his face but he didn't look any older than myself. Of course if he was a vampire there was no telling how old he actually was. He had blonde hair and freckles scattered all over his cheeks. 

The last guy who stood next to him had dark brown hair and a very boyish face. He looked like he was around fifteen years old. 

"You're here because if I hadn't interfered these two would be dead by now and you imprisoned," Mikaela countered. "Forgive my rudeness. I think we ought to introduce ourselves properly to the two of you."

Harry and I could only stare at them as they introduced themselves one by one, starting with Mikaela.

"My name is actually just Kayla. My surname always changes but Kayla has always remained. I never really grew up in front of you, we have child clones who aren't strong enough to make it to adulthood but we use those to make it more believable when we move to new towns," She explained. "The child who grew up with you was a clone till it was time for me to come into the picture."

My throat felt dry as thought about the child Mikaela I used to admire and I couldn't imagine that child being dead right now. The thought made me feel slightly nauseated. 

Before either of us could utter a word, the petite dark haired girl stepped forward and smiled at us. 

"My names, Lauren. It's really nice to meet you both. I've heard a lot about you," She said as she looked at me making me feel uncomfortable.

The tall blonde boy nodded at us as he spoke. "I'm Niall."

"And I'm Arlo," The brown haired boy cut in excitedly. "That can't be the real shade of your hair, right? It just doesn't seem right." He asked Harry who rolled his eyes and sighed in frustration. 

"Can one of you please explain why we are forty thousand feet up in the air, in a cargo ship with one of our classmates?" Harry burst and I nodded my head in agreement. 

"It's actually sixty thousand feet," Arlo corrected Harry and we all shot him the deadliest look. "Sorry, old habit." He shrugged his shoulders and stepped behind Niall so that he was partially hidden behind him. 

"You're here because I needed to save your lives," Mikaela who is actually Kayla said. 

"Why? You've never interfered before?" Zayn asked her and she turned to him. 

"I believe your case is unique and might be beneficial to me," She replied. "Has Zayn mentioned the council to you both?" 

Harry and I both nod our heads in unison. 

"I am a member of the council. I became one shortly after Zayn was turned and I was always against the feeding schedule. To be honest I never liked feeding on humans. I found it so degrading and inhumane," Kayla raised a hand to shut Arlo up before he spoke. "I know we aren't human Arlo, it's just a figure of speech." 

Arlo nodded his head looking embarrassed and he then disappeared further behind Niall.

"As you are well aware," Kayla continued looking at Zayn. "We have two opposing sides on the council currently. Those who wish to be self sufficient by finding another source of blood so that we don't have to drink from humans or animals anymore and those who wish to stick to Zayn's feeding schedule." 

Kayla smiled triumphantly as she turned her attention away from Zayn and on to me. 

"Zayn was always favored by the more dominant opposing side of council and his opinions were always greatly valued by most of us but I never would have guessed that he would have fallen for his own victim which went against everything he stood for. I knew of all people he would find a creative way out of it and when you were sentenced to life at the mental institution I was relieved that your life was spared but I knew the council too well. When Zayn went rogue I realized I could use this to prove to the council that our feeding system is too risky and will not be sufficient for us to survive in the future. I mean how many people can we kill till we run out of blood?"

"We are working as a team to develop artificial blood that can provide us the nutrients we need to survive," Lauren says to us. "We believe in Kayla's views that all vampires should be able to feed without harming others."

"Where are you taking us?" Zayn asks Kayla. "I don't think the council will be too happy with your involvement."

"They wont know it's me anytime soon," She smiled slyly. "I used one of Chardon's ships."

I looked at Zayn who raised his eyebrows in surprise clearly looking impressed. He caught me staring and explained that Chardon is another council member who wasn't a very nice vampire and loved to drink children's blood.  

"We're going to my lab in Tasmania. We should be safe there for awhile and then we can plan on what to do next," Kayla says.

"Excuse me? Tasmania? Listen we don't want anyone else getting involved. Just drop us somewhere along the way and we'll be fine," Zayn said haughtily. 

"Drop you somewhere? Are you serious? Do you even know how much danger all of you are in?" Kayla exclaims angrily. "I'm risking my ass for you guys."

"No, you're doing this for yourself," Zayn fought back. 

"I'm doing this for our kind. So that this never happens again!" She cried back as she pointed at me. 

I shot Harry a panicked look and was surprised to see him deep in thought. 

"I agree with her," He spoke up suddenly and both Zayn and Kayla stopped arguing. "We'll follow you to Tasmania but only on one condition."

"And what would that be?" She raised her eyebrows at him. 

"We pick up my father before we go there. He knows about your kind and right now he's at risk as well. Help us and we'll help you," Harry replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 17.3K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
936K 21.5K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
123K 5.1K 52
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
71.6K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...