Unseen Hero [Hetalia X Reader]

Af NekoInuKit

You don't have to be seen to be the hero. Maybe one day they will notice what she has done for them and be ab... Mere

Chapter 1/Smile
Chapter 2/Sticky Notes
Chapter 3/Debt
Chapter 4/Clothing
Chapter 5/Mundane
Chapter 6/Dance
Chapter 7/Drunk
Special 1/School Mishaps
Chapter 8/Days Go By
Chapter 9/Nightmares
Chapter 10/Music
Chapter 11/Girls
Special 2/Festival
Chapter 12/Gifts
Chapter 13/Connecting
Chapter 14/Coffee
Special 3/Q&A
Chapter 15/Outside
Chapter 16/Manga
Chapter 17/Insecure
Chapter 18/Stars
Special 4/A Look Into Something Different
Chapter 19/Accidents
Special 5/The Past
Chapter 20/Sickday
Chapter 21/Another Day
Chapter 22/Cold
Special 6/Bloopers & Behind The Scenes
Chapter 23/Catching Up
Chapter 24/Interviewing
Special 7/Christmas Party
Chapter 25/Drinking
Chapter 26/Lonely Birthdays
Chapter 27/Snow
Special 8/A New Year
Chapter 28/Trip
Chapter 29/Hotel
Chapter 30/Cafe
Chapter 31/Dinner
Chapter 32/It Is Only
Chapter 33/Morning
Special 9/Between The Pages
Chapter 34/Food
Chapter 35/Nightfall
Chapter 36/Skiing
Chapter 37/Simple
Special 10/Q&A 2
Chapter 39/Meeting Up
Chapter 40/Trying On
Special 11/Supernatural
Chapter 41/Hockey
Chapter 42/On The Topic Of Love
Chapter 43/Cooking
Chapter 44/Drinks For Fun
Chapter 45/Binge
Special 12/ Stranger than It Seems
Chapter 46/Buy A Dinner
Chapter 47/Pass By
Chapter 48/Welcome Back Gifts
Chapter 49/Magic
Chapter 50/Lunch Time
Special 13/Oddity
Chapter 51/Groceries
Chapter 52/Normal
Chapter 53/Family
Chapter 54/Talk
Chapter 55/Work
Chapter 56/Invite
Chapter 57/Stress
Special 14/A Different Point Of View
Chapter 58/Exams
Chapter 59/Anger
Chapter 60/Infallible
Hiatus Notice
Chapter 61/Deliver

Chapter 38/Past Midnight

2.1K 101 84
Af NekoInuKit

Haha, I still have no consistent update schedule.

--

(Y/n) woke up with sweat covering her body, her hands clenching the futon and eyes rapidly scanning her surroundings. Her breaths were uneven as she blinked quickly. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself.

(How long has it been since she's had a nightmare this bad?)

She glanced beside her. Liechtenstein was still fast asleep, unaware of the outside world. She sat still for a few minutes before checking her phone. It was 1:26. (Y/n) didn't think she would be able to fall back asleep so slowly, she picked herself up and took her haori.

She grabbed her keycard and phone before making her way out to the hall. The lights were dimmed with decorative lanterns on, emitting a soft warm tone. Her footsteps were soft as she wandered. Whimsically, she headed down to the extra kitchen that was available to guests. She pushed open the door, unsure of what she would find.

(She hadn't explored this area yet.)

When she walked in, she was greeted with what you would expect from a kitchen as well as tables and chairs. The colour palette consisted of warm browns and blacks. On one of the chairs, there was a person laying against a table.

"Emil?" (Y/n) murmured quietly.

Iceland looked up, his lavender purple eyes swirling with mild discontent.

"(Y/n)?" he tilted his head.

"Why are you up so early?" she asked as she walked towards the chair opposite to his.

"I could say the same to you," he responded dryly.

He didn't stop her from getting closer to the chair so she continued forth and sat in it. She sunk comfortably into the chair.

"Fair enough," (Y/n) smiled, "So, why are you up?"

"I woke up early and couldn't fall back asleep," Iceland leaned back into his chair.

The (h/c)-haired girl hummed and nodded.

"How about you?" he asked, "Nightmare?"

(Y/n) flinched and said, "Could you tell?"

(He winced.)

It was probably from the bags under her eyes or the way she looked, how tired she was or some sixth sense.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"Do-," he paused, "Do you want to talk about it?"

A silence stretched between them. (Y/n) nervously tapped the top of the table. Then, she bit her bottom lip and stopped.

"Sometimes," she began quietly, "I wonder if I am enough."

"I'm trying my best, but sometimes, I just," she sighed, frustrated, "I'm just, not good enough for myself."

Iceland simply stayed quiet. (Y/n)'s breath stuttered as she began to say something but shut her mouth.

"I- I'm sorry," she shook her head, "You don't need to hear about my problems."

(Don't be so greedy. I'm sure he has his own problems. He doesn't need yours.)

"It's alright," Iceland shook his head.

Then, the door opened. Norway stood at the entrance, looking as calm as ever.

"There you are," he said.

"Lukas," Iceland addressed.

"Call me big brother."

"No."

"Big brother."

"No."

Iceland pouted and crossed his arms. (Y/n) chuckled softly and leaned against the table. Around Norway, she could see little fairies fluttering around him. Although occasionally, when she blinked, they would disappear or become blurry.

"Hello, Lukas," she greeted.

"Hallo, (Y/n)."

[Hallo: Hello (Norwegian)]

"Why are you up?"

"Why are you up..." Iceland grumbled to himself.

"Emil left and didn't tell," Norway spoke as he leaned against the wall.

"I don't have to tell you everything," Emil rolled his eyes.

"You were missing."

"I could've just been going on a walk."

(Y/n) watched back and forth as the two bickered.

(She wondered if this was what it was like to have siblings.)

She hummed softly and closed her eyes.

"Did you find him, Lukas?" a new voice asked.

The (h/c)-haired girl looked up. In the doorway, once again, was someone. This time, it was Finland with Sweden standing behind him. Both of them were in the yukatas that were provided by the hotel. Finland's was a pastel blue while Swedens was a shade of turquoise.

"Yes," Norway nodded.

"Oh, hello, (Y/n)!" Finland greeted once he saw her.

"Hello, Tino," (Y/n) nodded from her seat. Sweden merely nodded as a greeting.

"Why are you up so early?"

She chuckled dryly, "I just wanted to take a walk."

(Iceland's eyes twitched.)

"Ah, okay!"

"Call me big brother."

"No!"

Finland snickered at Norway and Iceland. Sweden's lips quirked up just a bit before going back to normal.

"Are you hungry?" Finland asked (Y/n).

"Not particularly. Why?"

"I wanted to make some food," he admitted sheepishly, "And everything tastes better when it's shared."

"Thank you for offering, you can still make food if you'd like," (Y/n) smiled.

Finland cheered quietly and began to roam the kitchen in search of ingredients.

"H've you b'en h'ving fun here?" Sweden quietly asked.

"Yes," she nodded, "And you?"

"Mhm," he nodded.

(Y/n) hummed a song under her breath and watched as Finland scurried around, beginning to cook along with Norway and Iceland argue back and forth.

(Sometimes, it seemed like they were really a family.)

"There you guys are!" Denmark yelled as he sighed in relief, "Why didn't you tell me you found Emil!"

"S'rry," Sweden said half-heartedly.

"Shut up, Dane," Norway monotonously replied.

"Hei!" Finland waved from the kitchenette.

[Hei: Hi (Finnish)]

"Were all of you looking for me?" Iceland asked, flustered.

"Yes."

He buried his face into his hands as Denmark laughed.

"Hello, Matthias," (Y/n) greeted.

"Oh, hi, cutie!" Denmark took large steps towards her and giving her a firm handshake.

"How've you been?"

"Good!"

As Denmark talked about how his day was, as Finland was making food, as Norway and Iceland argued in the background, as Sweden watched over then, (Y/n) almost forgot it was almost 2 in the morning and she woke up from a nightmare.

(Truly, they were a family. She would hate to break into their dynamic.)

(Y/n) ignored her thoughts and paid attention to what Denmark was rambling about. There was no use overthinking after all.

--

Oopsies. Sorry for not updating for two weeks! Thanks for reading!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

122K 5.1K 21
For years, you lived in solitude as a peaceful country with your boss. But when a war comes up, will you be dragged in unexpectedly? (COMPATIBLE WITH...
4.5K 428 200
crack of me and Hetalia! Im Vinex and its me with Hetalia. This was from Hetalia weeb me so forgive my grammar mistakes. READ MY OLD STORY Hetalia cr...
1.8K 76 26
25 separate one-shots all revolving around spending the holidays with Hetalia characters. Hetalia x Reader.
131K 5.5K 38
In which you're caught up by the antics of the countries during a year long sleepover, and possibly fall in love with one of them.