The Accidental Wedding

By kiwiiiiii_

A story about arranged marriages in India. Naina is an independent Indian woman living in London and visits h... More

Author's note
1. The Meet
2. Escape
3. Pickup Lines
4. To Find a Way
5. The Maybe-Date
6. The Plan
7. Picnic Baskets
8. London Baby!
9. Shopping Spree
10. Snoggers and Sleeping Beauty
11. Rendezvous
12. First Day, First Date
13. Making Up and Breaking Up
14. Flashbacks and Tears
15. Pancakes
16. A Place Close to His Heart
17. People Change
18. Dirty Secrets
19. A Bullet of Love
20. Double Trouble
22. It's a Mother's Day
23. Mothers-in-Law Unite
24. A Wife and Two Kids
25. Le Plus Mignon
26. Best Friend
27. A Lot Of Reunions
28. I Am Not Sick
29. A Big Happy Family
30. Another Problem
31. Back to India
32. Happy Ending
Epilogue
Announcement!
Another Announcement!

21. Pure Gold

5K 212 18
By kiwiiiiii_

*2 months later*

"So, what are we going to do with the staying situation?" I ask.

"Let's just say that I talked to my dad and he was happy to step down and let me handle the London office. Unfortunately, he will still be staying here, in London." he replied.

"So you are not going?" I asked happily. He was going back and forth for the last two months. I saw him only 6 times in two months.

"I am not going anywhere." he said and I jumped on him with my arms around his neck and his hands around my waist. He lifted me up effortlessly and spun around, even when I was carrying extra weight of the twin babies inside me.

"So where will the babies live after they arrive?" he asked me.

"I don't know. My place is a lot smaller for two babies and all of their stuff." I said. "Also, Sanjana lives there too. I don't think she would object but I don't want her to be disturbed."

"Then we can redecorate the guest room here, in my flat." he suggested.

"That can happen. But I live there and I wouldn't want to leave them alone with you." 

"Hey!" he said, offended.

"What? You think you are grown enough?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"I am a mature person."

"Yeah sure." I scoffed. "You asked for the happy meal at McDonalds, with the toy. You still watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse almost every morning. You clawed a teddy bear out from a machine at the play zone in the mall last month which you still keep by your bed. Do you still think anyone would believe you are mature?"

"In my defence, happy meal is delicious and the toy comes free with it. I would've been stupid if I didn't ask for it." he said.

"Yeah like you aren't stupid enough already."

"Whatever. I am mature enough." he said with an eye-roll.

"How?"

"I can show you." he said in a whisper as his hands went down to unbutton his jeans.

I couldn't say anything. My hormones had been messed up. After the fourth month, I had all these dirty thoughts and all I wanted to do was tear his clothes apart every moment of the day.

"Then do it. Show me." I said.

.

"You know we can actually do something about the living situation." he said while drawing circles on my bare skin as we laid in his bed.

"What?" I asked as I turned to face him.

"We could redecorate the guest room here and you can bring some of your things here and sleep here in my room, with me." he said, nervously.

"Are you asking me to move in with you?" I asked him. He looked adorable when he nervously said that he wanted me to live with him.

"Yes. Will you?" 

"I would love that." I said with a smile. There was no room for thoughts. I wanted to, he was the perfect boyfriend. 

"I love you." He said.

"And I love you." I said and connected my lips with his.

.

Sanjana had asked me to meet her at our flat and I was very excited to tell her about living with Shiv but I was also sad that I wouldn't be able to live with my best friend.

"What is wrong? You called me all of a sudden." I asked as I entered the flat.

"I need to talk to you."

"Isn't that why I am here?" I rolled my eyes.

"Lorenzo asked me to marry him. I panicked. I mean I have known him for about three months. I don't even know him properly. What do I do? I told him I needed to think about it but my head is all over the place and I need your help." she said in one breath as I sat down on the dining table after handing her a glass of water.

"Why would he ask that so soon? You have been dating for what? Two months?" I was utterly confused. His proposal for marriage was faster than my parents arranging one for me.

"Exactly! I don't know why he would do that."

"Just go and talk to him. Ask why would he ask you to marry him so soon. Maybe there is a valid reason. You know conversation is the key in every relationship."

"Yeah, I know. But you should know, actual conversations do not include penguins. What is wrong with you two?" she said.

"They are fascinating! They are bir-" I started.

"Just don't talk penguins with me. I beg you." 

"Whatever. But don't come to us when you need information about penguins." I told her. 

Penguins are just adorable. 

"I don't think I ever will." 

I huffed.

"Listen." I said to her. "I need to tell you something."

"Go on, I am all ears."

"Shiv asked me to move in with him." I said.

"What?" she sounded shocked.

"It's just that the babies are going to be here and we both need to be around them and that won't be possible with us living apart." I explained to her.

"So you will just move back to India?" 

"Oh, no, no. You really think I would ever go back? He talked to his father and he can take over the London office so he will be staying here."

"Oh. Okay, but still, you wouldn't be living with me anymore." she was upset.

"I know. I am sorry; you've been here for me through all of my troubles and I am a horrible person to leave like this but I need to do this, for both my children."

"Ugh. I- you know what? Go and live with him. Your babies will need you. I would do the same if I were you. I want you to be happy." she smiled.

"Thank you. You will be the cool aunt for them." I said with a smile and put my hand over hers.

"I know. I am the best."

"Not really, but okay." I said and we laughed.

.

I had an appointment with Dr. Vanessa last month from that day but I missed it and I visited her after a whole month.

I had an ultrasound and a few more checkups. Both my babies were healthy and my bump was more prominent than ever. 

Shiv didn't go with me that day because of loads of work at his new office. So I thought I would do a small gender reveal for him after I get to know the genders of the babies.

"Last time we did and ultrasound we were not able to identify anything other than the fact that you are carrying twins. But now, I know the genders. They are right here in this file." Dr. Vanessa said after my ultrasound was done and I was sitting in her cabin. "It is upon you if you wish to know or not."

"It will be better if we know." I said and she handed me the file.

I took a deep breath and opened the file. 

A boy and a girl.

"Oh my God!" I said with happy tears.

 This was all I had wanted.

.

I decided to bake a cake. Actually two small cakes. I iced the insides of one with blue and one with pink with white frosting covering the outsides on both of them. It took me around 3 hours to complete the cakes.

I was in the fifth month of pregnancy and it was getting inconvenient for me to go to work so I took leave. Actually I did still work. The manuscripts were mailed to me and I approved them and completed all my work from home. Mrs. White was very kind when I asked her if I could work from home.

I didn't have much to do and there was still an hour left for Shiv to arrive home. I hadn't moved in yet but I already had a lot of my things at his flat. We were basically already living together since he returned from India the last time.

I decided to make dinner. I cooked the rice and made curry. I also prepared some fruit salad. I heard the front door open and shut just when I finished pouring the curry in a serving bowl.

"Hey, I cooked dinner." I said with a smile.

"Why did you go through the trouble? I would've cooked." he said before kissing my cheek.

"I was bored. I can't just sit around and do nothing all day. Actually I can but you get the point." I said. I very much had the skill to sit around and do nothing all day.

"I get it. Everything smells delicious." he said after noticing the faint smell of Indian food in the air.

"Go, freshen up and come. I will set the table." I told him and he nodded.

I set up our plates and put the bowls of food at the centre of the table. I filled up a jug of water and placed it on the table along with two glasses. At last, I took the cakes out of the refrigerator and set them on the fancy plates I bought a few days ago.

I waited for around five minutes before Shiv walked in the kitchen area.

"You made cakes? Why two?" he asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I know the genders. I thought I would do a little gender reveal for you. So you want to cut the cakes now or after dinner?" I asked.

"Oh my God! Really? I- Let's cut them now." he said sounding excited.

"Okay." I said and handed him the knife.

He cut out a piece of the first cake with blue icing.

"A boy?" he asked with a smile and I nodded.

I saw a hint of tears in his eyes. He was happy.

Then he went on to cut the second cake with the pink icing.

"A girl? We are having a boy and a girl? Oh shit!" he said as he hugged me tight. "I love you so much, baby."

"I love you." I returned.

 "Keya and Kiaan." I muttered and he nodded.

"I am so happy." he said, his head rested on mine as tears streamed down from our eyes.

"Let's eat now. I am hungry." I said and sat down on the chair.

"Okay. I have another news before that."

"Tell me." I said.

"How would you like visiting Paris?" he said.

"You are kidding...No! Paris? Really? I have always wanted to go to Paris!" I exclaimed.

"I know. But will you be able to travel?" he asked, concerned.

"I will be. But why are we going?"

"There's a meeting with a client there. The deal is very important so I have to go. I thought that you would love to go so I arranged a four day stay there." He explained.

"When are we going?"

"Um...Tomorrow." he said in a low voice.

"What!?" I panicked.

"I knew that would upset you." He muttered under his breath.

"You are telling me a day before leaving? How are we going to pack? What is wrong with you?" 

"I didn't know until this morning." he said

"You could've told me at lunch. I would've packed instead of doing all this useless shit."

"I am sorry. Please don't kill me." He said. "We have time. The flight is at night. We can pack, don't worry."

"Fine. You will do all the packing. My way." I stated.

"Yes, ma'am." he said.

He is so cute. I thought.

I know; mood swings are terrible. One minute I was mad at him and the next, I called him cute.

.

After dinner, we got straight to packing. Actually he did while I bossed him around.

Advantages of being pregnant.

"You can bake two cakes and cook dinner but can't pack. What kind of pregnant are you?" he said as he rolled his eyes.

"It was your fault, I would've done it if you told me earlier." I shrugged.

"What about your clothes? You don't have much here."

"You will go with me tomorrow morning and pack my bags." I told him.

"But-"

"No buts, I am pregnant. Listen to what I say or you die." I said with an expression that was meant to make me look scary.

"You really look like you said that literally."

"Because I did." I narrowed my eyes.

"You still look adorable. I am not a bit scared." he laughed.

I huffed and punched his bicep but only ended up hurting myself.

"Ow! You are made of metal." I hissed in pain. 

Damn. He worked out.

"Pure gold, baby." he said with a wink as his cocky side appeared.

"Pure gold is very soft, dumbass. It is mixed with other metals to make it strong." I stated.

"Why do I always lose to you? Dammit!" he said in defeat.

"Because you love me." I smirked

"Yeah I do." he said with a smile and kissed me passionately.

That night I went to sleep in his arms, thinking about visiting the city of love with the man I loved.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 92K 52
Naina was an orphan with so many dreams. But had to give up those dreams due to fate. When she was forced to marry India's youngest billionaire, she...
117K 6.9K 47
Sitting before the mirror on her wedding day, adorned with the red bridal attire, Zoya, Delhi's one of the most renowned Gynecologist couldn't feign...
79.9K 8.2K 43
Amaya Aggarwal is a young, and charismatic professional working with Novartis. She may not be a gorgeous model but she is definitely a wonderful girl...
1.9M 100K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...