Alexandra Weasley

By LivingTheDeadLife

Just after Alexandra Weasley turned eleven years, she was taken. Shopping with her family in Diagon alley, sh... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55

43

3.4K 153 68
By LivingTheDeadLife

"Truth or dare?" Poppy, a girl from the second year asked Alexandra.

"Dare."

"Pick truth for once, won't you? We're running out of dares." Susan said.

"Dare." Alexandra repeated.

"Oh, I know." Hermione jumped in. "For the whole day tomorrow, you have to say yes to anything asked of you."

"What?"

"You have to say yes to everything."

"No."

"You know the rules Alex. If you refuse your dare, you have to pick truth." Hermione grinned evilly.

"Then I pick truth."

"Do you fancy anyone in this school?" Poppy asked.

"I don't know." She answered honestly. "How do you know if you fancy someone?"

"You like them. You want to spend time with them. You get nervous around them, but, like, a good nervous with butterflies in your stomach." There was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Megan called. Cedric poked his head through.

"Hey, we heard you guys were having a party in here and thought you might need snacks." He said.

"Who's we?" Alexandra asked, her tone slightly accusing. Cedric walked into the room carrying a tray of nachos and dip. Behind him were a couple of other kids Alexandra knew to be on the quidditch team. Ernie's jaw dropped, and Hannah nudged him.

"Just this bunch." He shrugged.

"You're all welcome to join us, if you want." Hannah said.

"Wish we could but we've got to be up early for Quidditch practice." Cedric said.

"Yeah, we've got this captain who's sole purpose is to work us to the bone." One of the teammates said. Cedric laughed.

"Thanks, girls, but maybe next time." They set down trays of snacks and drinks, and he saw Ernie. "Uh, I meant girls and Ernie."

"I- bu-" Ernie stuttered and Hannah nudged him again.

"Have a good night." Hannah smiled kindly and he nodded and they all left.

"Was that our quidditch team in your dorm?" Poppy exclaimed.

"Cedric Diggory knows my name. Cedric Diggory knows my name." Ernie said.

"No need to be so awestruck. He flies about on a broom whacking balls through hoops."

"Technically he flies about trying to catch a ball. He's a seeker, remember?" Hermione said. Alexandra rolled her eyes. "You should know this, considering half your family play the sport." Alexandra threw a popcorn at Hermione.

"Let's play another game."

"You still haven't answered the question."

"Yes I did. I said I don't know. That is an answer, and it was true."

"Fine, we'll play a few more rounds and then we'll do something else." Susan shrugged.

"Or we can do something else now."

"You're just saying that because you don't want any more truths and you don't want a dare."

"Congratulations. You've figured out what it means to not want to play truth or dare."

"You can't stop a game just because you don't want to play it anymore."

"Fine. My turn. Hermione, truth or dare."

"I don't care if I'm a Gryffindor. I'm too afraid to pick dare, so truth it is."

"Please pick dare. The only questions I'd like to ask you aren't questions I'd like to ask out loud."

"Tough."

"Okay, why did you agree to this sleepover? You hate staying up past curfew."

"Because I would like to see you behave like a real girl to more than just me. People are starting to think you're an animated robot." Alexandra stuck her tongue out at her friend.

"My turn. Ernie, truth or dare."

"Dare." He grinned.

"I dare you to-" Hannah who was sitting on Hermione's other side leaned over and whispered something in her ear. Hermione grinned and nodded. "I dare you to ask Cedric for his autograph at breakfast."

"I can't approach Cedric Diggory. I'm a lowly peasant and he's king of our quidditch team."

"A dare's a dare." Ernie groaned and nodded.

"Fine." He gave in and turned to another girl. "Daphne. Truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"What are you most scared of at this school?"

"Professor Snape." She answered immediately.

"Snape?" Alexandra repeated and the girl nodded.

"He's frightening when he singles you out."

"He's Alex's DADA teacher." Charlotte pointed out.

"Why?"

"Quirrell wasn't teaching me anything new."

"Is any teacher?" Megan muttered. Alexandra rolled her eyes.

"Your turn, Daphne."

"Megan. Truth or dare."

"Dare."

"I dare you to put as much popcorn as you can in your mouth in a minute."

"Accepted." Megan grinned.

"I'll time you." Alexandra waved her wand and a holographic timer appeared.

"Cool." Ernie whispered.

"Okay, three two one go." Daphne said. Megan started shoving popcorn in her mouth.

"That's disgusting!" Hermione cringed at Megan's full mouth as the timer rang.

"That was wicked!" Ernie grinned. Megan held up a finger as she finished the mouthful.

"You're too easily impressed, Ernie."  She said after her mouth was clear. "I choose Alex. Truth or dare."

"Truth." She said.

"Who do you maybe fancy?"

"On second thoughts I'll pick dare."

"Say yes to everything anyone asks you tomorrow. From midnight to midnight, you cannot say no."

"Really? Those are my only two options?"

"Yes." Alexandra narrowed her eyes, and poured herself a glass of pumpkin juice. She glared at Hermione for planting the idea in her housemates' head.

"Fine. Challenge accepted." Hannah, Susan and Megan looked at each other.

"That was easy." Megan frowned.

"Suspiciously so."

"Do I have much of a choice?" Alexandra asked.

"Honestly, I'm surprised you're still sitting with us." Charlotte shrugged. She looked at Hermione. "What did you tell Alex to make her agree?"

"I get to be lab rat for her potions for a week."

"Not just any potions. The dark, crazy ones that'll kill her if I make a mistake."

"You won't kill me. And Snape'll supervise, so hopefully it'll be fine." Alexandra just smirked.

"Is potions your favourite then? You're clearly good at it." Susan asked.

"She's good at everything."

"True, but she shows the most enthusiasm with potions."

"That would imply she shows any enthusiasm whatsoever." Poppy said.

"Exactly." Alexandra agreed.

"Oh, she does. It's in the small gestures. You've got her usual frown, and then you've got her slightly less angry frown. That's when she's enthusiastic." Alexandra leaned back, huffing.

"I need to go to the bathroom." Hermione said, standing up. She looked at Alexandra. "Behave."

"I'm not a child."

"Debatable." Hermione said and left the room. Instead of ducking into the toilet, she headed towards the common room and sat beside Cedric. He was sitting alone writing a Herbology essay. "Hey."

"Hi." He smiled back. "How are you?"

"I'm fine." She looked around, to make sure the room was empty. "So, you like Alex, right?"

"What?"

"You like Alex. You want to be her friend."

"Oh, right. Yeah." He nodded.

"You should ask her to do something with you tomorrow."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Challenge her to a race on a broom or something. But ask her tomorrow."

"Why?"

"Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no lies." She grinned.

"She'll never say yes."

"Won't she?" Hermione got up off the chair and headed back to the common room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 41 7
Arya Gerasimov lost her twin sister at a young age to Death eaters and has lived in the dark for a long time, not knowing much about the outside worl...
1.3K 37 21
Sydney Dadzie-Granger knows that she was adopted. Her parents are Jean and Hugo Granger, both dentists, while her sister, Hermione, is a complete boo...
527 19 24
As Artemis Weasley grew older, she began to realize that she wasn't truly a Weasley. She had brown hair instead of red, not a single freckle, and did...