The Accidental Wedding

By kiwiiiiii_

A story about arranged marriages in India. Naina is an independent Indian woman living in London and visits h... More

Author's note
1. The Meet
2. Escape
3. Pickup Lines
4. To Find a Way
5. The Maybe-Date
6. The Plan
7. Picnic Baskets
8. London Baby!
9. Shopping Spree
10. Snoggers and Sleeping Beauty
11. Rendezvous
12. First Day, First Date
13. Making Up and Breaking Up
14. Flashbacks and Tears
15. Pancakes
16. A Place Close to His Heart
17. People Change
18. Dirty Secrets
19. A Bullet of Love
21. Pure Gold
22. It's a Mother's Day
23. Mothers-in-Law Unite
24. A Wife and Two Kids
25. Le Plus Mignon
26. Best Friend
27. A Lot Of Reunions
28. I Am Not Sick
29. A Big Happy Family
30. Another Problem
31. Back to India
32. Happy Ending
Epilogue
Announcement!
Another Announcement!

20. Double Trouble

5.6K 214 16
By kiwiiiiii_

So, we ordered pizza.

We were both too tired to cook something. I changed out of the hideous white sweater I was wearing and put on another black sweatshirt of Shiv's. He had a shitload of them.

I asked him why were all of them in a box.

"I wanted to give them to you before I left. I didn't think you'd forgive me." he said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh. You were really going to go?"

"Yes. I wanted to stay just because you and our baby. But you said you never wanted to talk to me again. I realised that you are a strong-minded person so I was going to leave after that deal was done."

"I am sorry. I don't want you to leave." I said.

"Thank you." He said.

I suddenly felt an urge to kiss him. So, I did. It was full of passion, slightly rough. He was a lot taller than me so I had to get on my tip-toes to reach him. My hands found their way to his hair and his to cup my face. I missed this.

.

We ended up naked, yet again. I curled up against his chest as his arms wound around me. I eyelids felt heavy so I drifted off to sleep.

"I love you so much." Was all I heard before I saw black.

He had said it twice but I still hadn't returned it. The first time, I was too shocked to process it so I just changed the subject saying that I was hungry. The second time, I drifted off.

I wanted to say it. I loved him; I really did. I realised it when we were apart and I was so mad at him. Even in all the anger, I tried to find reasons to forgive him, I thought about the times he was all I wanted, about when he made me smile; all the cute moments we shared. But I reminded myself of the reason why I was angry. I tried so hard not to call him and ignore every thought of him during the three days we didn't talk. The first day was fine, I felt things, I felt the anger. The second day, I lost it; I cried, a lot. The third day, it was all numb, I didn't feel a thing. But when I saw him at the club, all my hatred was vanished when I saw him at gunpoint; even more when he got shot.

I loved him. I just needed to say it.

.

Shiv's POV-

He took off his belt as he walked in through the massive gates. He called for her as he entered.

She came running with a glass of water in her trembling hands. He took the glass and emptied it on her head and then smashed the glass on the floor.

"I don't drink water, you bitch. Where is my bottle of whiskey?" he yelled.

"Y-You need to st-stop with the alcohol." she said. She truly cared for him even though all he did was treat her like she was nothing.

"Oh, now you will tell me what to do?"

"N-no. I-I didn't mean that. It's not good for your health." she stuttered.

"I think it is good for my health. You know what else is good for my health?" he said with a devilish smirk.

Hit.

She cried out as he kept hitting her with that belt. A true monster.

He took hold of her hair and dragged her to the sofa. My father kept hitting my mother as he raped her right on that couch.

.

"Hey, Shiv wake up. Please wake up." I heard Naina's panicked voice call for me.

My eyes shot open. I was covered in sweat and my breathing was ragged. I realised we were still naked and it was the middle of the night.

"Are you okay? What happened? You were shouting in your sleep." She asked me, a little scared.

"I-I have been having nightmares." I told her truthfully and she gasped.

"Since when?"

"The day you left me." I told her and her eyes clenched shut in pain.

"Shit. I am so sorry. I should have talked to you. This is all my fault."

One of the many reasons I fell for her. She was selfless; even when it was not her fault in the slightest bit, she was the one apologising.

"No, it wasn't your fault. You had the right to be pissed at me. I did those horrible things and you did the right thing by being angry. Don't blame yourself." I told her.

She said nothing, just hugged me, tight.

I loved her and I told her that I did. She didn't. I understood that no one could love a monster like me. Why would she love me? There was not a single reason why she would.

"Come on, go back to sleep. I am right here. I am not going anywhere." she said in her soothing voice and I laid back down. I felt her wrap a hand around my torso and I snaked mine around her waist.

The nightmares didn't return.

.

I woke up the next morning around 8. It was a Sunday so she didn't have to go to work; I let her sleep, she deserved the rest.

I walked to the bathroom and started to brush my teeth. I heard her feet pad through the carpeted floor and she walked in the bathroom in a sleepy stance. She had the sheets wrapped around her body to shield her from the cold. I handed her one of my sweatshirts that rested on the counter. She put it on and went back to keep the sheets back on the bed.

I brushed my teeth and realised that she hadn't returned. I walked out and saw her small form sprawled out on the bed, in a deep sleep. I couldn't help but smile at the sight. She looked so beautiful, even with bed-head and everything. I walked over to the bed and covered her with the blanket. I kissed her forehead and made my way to the kitchen.

.

Naina's POV-

I woke up and realised that I was wearing an oversized grey hoodie.

I was naked last night. How did this end up on my body? I thought.

I walked into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I walked out and my nose sensed the smell of delicious food so I walked over to the kitchen.

Shiv was cooking breakfast, shirtless. He wore just a pair of grey sweatpants. I scanned his body shamelessly with a smirk on my lips.

"Done staring?" He asked me.

"Not quite." I replied with a wink as I walked over and put my hands on the counter.

He walked around and stood behind me as he snaked his arms around my body. His hands landed on my stomach.

"I think you are growing." he said quietly.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"Your stomach. Our baby. Remember that?"

I put both my hands on my stomach and felt a slight bump. I didn't even realise that had happened. I gasped.

It was already 3 months. Time flew by quickly.

In six months, I will have a baby in my arms. I thought.

"Oh shit." I said.

"You do realise that bump will grow much bigger. Right? Why are you so shocked?" He asked me.

"I am not shocked about that. In six months, we will have a baby with us. We haven't shopped, we haven't decorated a room, we haven't figured out the living situation. What the hell are we doing?" I told him.

"You are right. All we are doing is fight and have sex." he said and chuckled.

"This is not funny. A baby is going to shoot out of me." I panicked. "We don't have a room for the baby, we don't have clothes, toys. We don't have my maternity clothes. Oh God! This is a disaster."

"Calm down. Stress is not good for the baby. We will go shopping. We can go today if you want."

"Okay! We will go today, but only for the maternity clothes. We don't know the gender so I don't know what kind of clothes to get for the baby."

"Whatever you say. You can buy whatever you want."

"You are so perfect." I smiled. "I love you." I said.

He seemed shocked. Really shocked, like he was never expecting this.

"Really?" He said as a smile spread over his lips.

I nodded with a wide smile on my face.

"I love you." He said and picked me up and spun me around and I laughed.

"Okay, put me down I feel like throwing up." I said and made a run for the bathroom.

Throwing up everyday was just so common for me, It got built into my daily routine.

.

"Have you thought of baby names yet?" I asked him as he drove us to the mall.

"I thought a little." he replied.

"What?"

"Keya if it's a girl and Kiaan if it's a boy."

"I love those names! How did you think of them?" I asked him.

"I found them on Google."

"Oh thanks, you saved my efforts." I said.

"What do you want? A boy or a girl?"

"A boy." I replied. Although they are gross, I have always wanted a boy first and then a girl so that my daughter would have a protective big brother like I did. "You?"

"I want a baby girl. Girls are cuter." He said.

Just then my phone vibrated.

Naina, you are in the third month now. You will have to visit for some scans. The clinic is open today too, visit if you are free.

-Dr. Vanessa.

I was free. After shopping.

"Hey, I have to get checked up and have some scans at the clinic. You want to come? We can go after shopping. Or we can shop after. Whatever you say."

"We can go first. Maybe if we get to know the gender, we could start the preparations." He said.

"Okay, take a turn from here." I directed him.

.

I was really nervous as we parked in front of the clinic. I stepped out and Shiv took my hand in his. It actually made me relax a bit.

We walked over to the reception and the familiar receptionist asked for my name.

"I am Naina Dixit. The doctor asked me to visit for scans." I informed her and she nodded. She picked up the phone and talked into it for a few seconds.

"You can go into Dr. Vanessa's cabin and she will direct you from there." She said with a smile which I returned and thanked her.

I knocked on her door and heard her yell 'come in.' before we walked in the cabin, hand in hand.

"Hello Naina, you look good." She said to me and then her eyes moved to Shiv. "Is he the father?"

"Yes." I said.

"Great! We can start with the scans, if the development of the baby is healthy, we are able to tell the gender in some cases. It is still early for that but there are exceptions." She explained.

"Okay. We can get started. Can he be with me?" I asked.

"Of course he can." She said and opened the door that connected her cabin to a room with all the equipments. She switched the lights on and we walked in.

She told me to change into a blue gown and connected the equipments to me.

"I have a good news for you." She smiled.

"What?" I asked her, curiously.

"You are having not just one, but two babies. they are twins." She smiled.

"What? Twins?" I was shocked. I had tears in my eyes.

I turned to Shiv and found him looking at me.

"We are having twins." I said with a smile and happy tears.

"I know. We are having twins." He said. A genuine smile rested on his perfect lips.

She moved the screen towards us and I could see the tiny forms of the babies. They were like the little plastic baby toys. They were that tiny but their body formation was clear. We could even hear the two heartbeats.

"The babies are looking healthy and are developing a little faster than normal. That might be another good news for you both." She said and then continued. "I will make a report and I will see if we can make out the genders. I will know by tonight. It will be up to you, if you want to know or not. I will leave you two alone." She said and left the room.

I tightened the grip around his hand.

"Oh my God. I still can't believe it."

"I know! Two babies!" He exclaimed.

"And double the work. Double the expenses. Shit." I said, panicking slightly.

"It will be worth it." He told me.

"Yes it will."

It will all be worth it. I will have not one, but two kids with the man I have fallen in love with. Not with a random man my parents arranged me with.

We will be a happy family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.5K 1.6K 33
Unedited! Is it wrong to have feelings towards your husband ?? Yes, it is, in Amaya's case. Amaya, a girl whose life is controlled by her parents, sh...
2.5M 39.8K 44
[Highest Rank : #1 in Romance] I love you Naina, you are my best friend....Any Guy would be lucky to have you as his life partner..... But I can't ma...
654K 28.6K 52
Meet Diya Gupta an ambitious, independent, self made party girl whose life revolves around her company and sometimes the cigarettes after sex. Arjun...
602K 34K 38
[FEATURED]Thrown together on a one month long honeymoon, Vansh and Ahaana had to live under one roof in an apartment, away from chaos, to accept each...