The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

By themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... More

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
45 | The Happy Ending

44 | New Life Begins

13.1K 557 46
By themoonlightdemon

KATHRYN'S POV

"Last night bachelorette party was not what I expected at all. Thank you for inviting me to such a fantastic party. It was such a wonderful experience to see Annabelle in such dishevelled state." Madeline chuckled.

"It was her fault for bringing the keg. And it wasn't our fault that she keeps losing the game. She is just the worst player ever." I find it funny when I rethink back to what exactly happened last night.

"Have you ever heard the story about the first empress of Gralia? Did Alvia or my mother mentioned about our ancestry?" I shake my head, no.

"Our ancestor found this barren land while he was on an adventure to explore the new world. We believe that our bloodline came from France. Hence our last name, Bouvier. It occurred in history books that only the royal family has access to that the first empress was sold as a token of gratitude." How unpleasant.

"Here she is," Madeline reveals a drawn picture of a woman that looks like she's in her 20. There is no question that this woman is gorgeous.

"Empress Anastasia Bouvier." I read her name out loud.

"To be honest, I am glad that my brother chooses to marry you instead of the other nobility. I grew up in court, and I saw things that happened only in the movies. I witness our very own servant tried to poison out father after the revolution happens. I was only eight years old at the time." Is Madeline crying?

"When Alvia took the throne, I was so worried that I might lose my brother. And I was right. He began to have no time for us anymore. Every time Kennedy and I asked to see him; we were forbidden to do so because our father doesn't like the idea of having a weak emperor. For him, showing love towards others is a sign of weakness. For years we hated our father until Alvia took full control of the throne and forbade our father from telling him what to do." Way to go, Alvia.

"But by doing so doesn't change the fact that he has no time for us. Upon knowing what my brother had done, the council took action and decided to leash the emperor within their grasp. They even arranged our marriage so it can be a benefactor for our empire. Lucky for Kennedy and I, our partner, understand us." I'm glad then.

"Is there any reason why you are telling me this?" I asked when she leads me through the hallway.

"Yes. I'm walking you through this magnificent hallway because your portrait will be hanging here, on the wall for everyone to see. The future generations will know all about your greatness and history as empress of Gralia." Madeline suddenly meets me in the eye with a smile.

"I know what you've accomplished while being a duchess. You opened several orphanages, charity homes and nursing homes for the people of Gralia. My advisor told me that you even opened a shelter for homeless and single mothers that have nowhere to go. You have made a name of yourself, and I'm happy that my brother will be spending his life with you." Madeline made me blushed in a deep shade of red.

"And we hope that you will take good care of him. We know Alvia too well that whenever something bad occurs, he sometimes can't think straight and make a rash decision. I hope that as his wife, you'll be his voice of reason." I was surprised to see Kennedy suddenly appeared behind one of the sculptures.

"Have you been hiding there and wait for the perfect moment to butt in on our conversation?" I just have to ask him while Madeline chuckles beside me. I took that as a yes when he gave me his sheepish smile.

"I didn't mean to. I was just walking down this hallway towards the library when I heard Madeline's voice coming from afar. I thought that I might scare you two, but instead, I changed my mind since you two were having such a serious conversation. I didn't want to ruin the moment." At least he has a clear mind of what to do next. Unlike my own siblings, they will find a way to scare the shit out of me.

Since we're here, I thought I might just take this chance to learn more about Alvia's ancestry from both Madeline and Kennedy. There is one portrait that piques my interest every time I walk passed this hallway.

"Can anyone tell me the story behind this portrait?" I asked as I pointed at a portrait of a man holding something that looks like a human head and an axe at the other. The eeriest part about this is the man smile from ear to ear as if he is proud of himself.

"There was a time in Gralia history that our emperor was well known to be a decapitator. His name was Gregory Bouvier, and he decapitates those who oppose him. Some see him as a hero, but some see him as a killer. If you want to know our real thoughts about this, I think that he's a killer and not a hero." That's bold of Madeline to say. Kennedy seems to agree with Madeline's opinion, as well.

"Why do you think that he was a killer?" I'm curious now.

"Because it was stated in the official books that he sometimes decapitates innocent citizen of Gralia. He finds killing as a form of entertainment. Thus, there was a faction that supports his doing by kidnapping stray kids and homeless adult so that they could fulfil the emperor's desires. While we were growing up, our mother told us a story about a mad emperor that lurks in the dark for victims. She always portrays the mad emperor as a vampire." Hold on. Why did the former empress would tell her kids about such a story? That's just madness.

"It was her way to forbade us from sneaking out from the palace at night. Alvia hates ghost stories, and he finds it horrifying to walk around the dark hallways after listening to our mother's story. But hey, it did the trick. We didn't sneak our anymore after that." Did they use to sneak out from the palace? And here I thought they're all well-mannered princes and princess.

***

It's finally the day of my wedding, and I can't stop thinking that I might screw everything up. We did a lot of rehearsal, but when it comes to the day itself, it always bound to go south. It's not like I want to jinx myself but, I'm talking about myself here. I'm just that clumsy and easily distraction in every formal occasion.

Please, God, tell me. Am I going to screw everything up? If so, please. Make me a proper lady just for today. I don't think I will be able to listen to my family story about me and how I screw my own wedding up.

"Take a deep breath in and out slowly. You got this. Please don't throw up in your wedding dress. It took the seamstress days of no sleep to finish it on time." Genevieve, my maid of honour, tries to calm me, but it's not working. All she gave me was more pressured.

"That was a wrong move." Genevieve gave me a small smile.

"You think?" the seamstress shakes her head as she makes small changes on the dress for my comfort.

"I've been in this very dressing room for prince Kennedy's wedding, and princess Madeline's as well. All I can say for you is good luck because you got to need it. But remember this, once you walk down the aisle, someone is waiting for you at the altar, and you won't be alone anymore. You two shall share the hardship you're going to face together as a married couple. Starting with this long and heavy veil." The seamstress words were wise.

There was a knock on the door as they were putting the veil on me.

"Come in," Genevieve shouted as she helps the struggling seamstress.

"Is this a bad time?" I smiled at my father and mother. He cleaned up real good! I was surprised to see that he decided to remove his goatee after all. After the seamstress done with the veil, I went to hug both my parents.

"I can't believe that my little girl is all grown up. It was like just yesterday that you were born into this world." My mother patted his back as tears begin to stain his cheek.

"Your father has been compassionate nowadays. Please don't ruin your daughter's makeup!" she sighs.

"How are you, Kat? Are you doing okay?" I shake my head, no.

"Just ignore the butterflies and keep in mind that you're going to be someone's wife in a few minutes from now. Thank God someone decided to marry you." My mother chuckled when I pout at her. There has been an inside joke that my family has been telling me that I won't be able to find someone to spend my life with if I continue to act like a man. But jokes on them! Lucky for me, I found someone who accepted me even though the person I'm going to marry doesn't know my true nature yet.

I just hope my family doesn't spoil the surprise yet. Alvia will know once we said our vows. With that being said, there is no way back for her from this wedding.

"Oh, don't be such a baby. I was joking. Anyway, we're here to escort you to the throne room. All I can say now is that be a good wife for Alvia. Support him when he needed it. Be there for him when he needs someone to share his problems with. Take care of him in sickness and in health. Love him unconditionally because you won't be able to find someone as sweet as he is. He is truly a rare find." That I agree.

"Now, lead your daughter without the tears. Honestly, I feel like I have more self-control than your father." My mother shakes her head as I take my father's hand in mine.

"Daddy, I'm always going to be your little girl. Don't forget that." I smiled at him. He nodded and led me towards the throne room entrance. As we wait for the door to be open, I turn to face Genevieve.

"Did you manage to prepare the surprise for Alvia?" Genevieve gave me two thumbs up.

"Your cousin was really helpful. They will be here for the reception party. And they will perform for the royal couple as a wedding gift. I bet a thousand gralian that the emperor will sing and dance along with them." That is what I'm hoping for. She's been really busy, and she needs to let loose once in a while.

As the door was being open from the inside, my nervousness skyrocketed. Not only that, I heard my father sobs beside me. I literally face-palming myself mentally when it doesn't go as plan. It was Genevieve who has to push my father so that he would lead me along the aisle.

My heart was about to burst out from my chest as I strut towards the altar. But, the feelings simply disappear when I saw Alvia smiling from ear to ear as she waits for me at the altar. The seamstress was right, as soon as your eyes landed on the person you are going to spend your life with waiting for you at the altar, you forget the worries and nervousness instantly.

I patted my father on his hand as he gave me to Alvia.

"Take care of my daughter. Here," my tears suddenly forming up in my eyes as my father giving me away. Alvia gave him a nod and takes my hand from his. My father was trying hard to control himself, but he finally broke down when he went to my mother.

"You look dashing in that hanbok." I said to my' husband'.

"And you look so beautiful in white." Alvia smiled at me as she leads me to the altar, where the former emperor is.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Alvia and Kathryn in matrimony, which is commended for being honourable among all men. Into this holy estate, these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace."

Here we go. My life as someone's wife begins now. 

PS - To read from Alvia's perspective, please click on this link.

https://inkitt.app.link/RA_themoonlightdemon

All you have to do is download the app (don't worry it's free), follow my profile, and add my stories into your reading list.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

300 1 35
Isabella found herself being taken by the Emperor's soldiers. Her village was destroyed and she watched her friends and family either get killed or t...
619K 20.6K 57
"Are you sure you're one of the girls? You seem like a spy to me. Are you spy, Arabella?" My name rolled of his tongue perfectly and I stood complete...
2.7K 86 34
Arrogance doesn't always get you what you want. Will the emperor's son be able to handle Regina and tame her as his wife? Or will he let her go to ma...
1.4K 18 17
Cold, Ruthless, Merciless and Frightening. These are the characteristics of the Emperor that many people in the Empire of Fhorion agree on. Emperor...