Last July

By AriHaruno8

"Listen Kenzy, I know I've been an ass and truthfully maybe you shouldn't even bother returning my calls. You... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three 🍷
Chapter four
Chapter Five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two.
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty one
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty two
Chapter thirty four
Chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
Chapter thirty seven
Chapter thirty eight
Chapter thirty nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty one
Chapter forty two
Chapter forty three
Chapter forty four
Chapter forty five
Chapter forty six
Chapter forty seven
Chapter Forty eight
Chapter Forty nine
Chapter fifty
Chapter fifty two
Chapter fifty three
Chapter fifty four
Chapter fifty five
Chapter fifty six
Chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
Chapter fifty nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter Sixty one
Chapter sixty two
Chapter Sixty three
Chapter Sixty four
Chapter sixty five
Chapter sixty six
Cast🗽
Chapter sixty eight
Chapter sixty nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy one
chapter Seventy two
Chapter seventy three
Chapter seventy four
Chapter seventy five
Chapter Seventy Six

Chapter fifty one

8 2 0
By AriHaruno8

I took a break at nine thirty, after unsuccessfully getting our argument off my mind. I fished my phone from the office and leaned against the desk waiting for her to pick up after dialing her number. It rang twice then went to voice mail. repeating, I got the same result as the last time, then she stopped the call. She was still pissed with me no less. But if she didn't pick up she wouldn't hear what I had to say! I started dialing blondie's number but then ended the call. There was no need to drag her into something that was between me and kendall.

I went home and headed for the shower preparing for dinner with the Henderson's. I couldn't weasel my way out of this one. It was either I went or they came and seeing the last time I spoke with the Mrs. I hadn't told her Gale was gone and I'd rather to avoid that conversation at all costs. Viewing my reflection in the mirror I realized, it had been a while since I last shaved. Great. I wasn't even acting myself now. I grabbed the gillette, after smearing the the shaving scream over my face and patiently removing the hairs. I was single not dying which was more than what I could say for some people so there was no need to let made not now anyways. No, I shook my head no ever. If still go to the gym and the stupid feeling of loneliness and loss would eventually go away, it had to even if I'd have to force it.

My first welcome was from kitty, he barked loudly at me at the door while I scrubbed my face with my hands wondering if I couldn't just walk back and forget about all this. Ofcourse, I'd have Mrs. Henderson at the house by the morning, and her husband during the day. No going to happen.

"Andrew" said Mrs. Henderson as she opened the door, shooing kitty back side from my side. "He's very excited to see you I see" she smiled radiantly tonight. I needed to bide my time wisely.

"Right" I replied stepping away from her embrace. "Hope you don't mind, I brought wine"

"No, not at all, I'll get some I've to go with it" she said as I handed it over. I walked to the dining area where her husband sat waiting on us to return. Henry was immersed in his news paper, the news section no less, he folded the sports section and handed it to me as I sat down, the terrier at my leg with its tongue hanging from his head.

"Better get comfortable" Henry warned looking at me from over his glasses, shed going to be a while, whenever she disappears into that place.

I nodded grateful for the silence none the less. I scratched the back of kitty's eat as he say watching both of us. He wasn't so bad when he wasn't taking my shoes. In fact, today was the first I'd seen him since kenzy left. He likes her alot, maybe because she played with him and spoilt him carrying him around in her hands all day.

"You need any help with that?" I asked looking up to see Sally struggling with dishes in her tray. She nodded and I moved quickly from my hair in time to catch the tray before it collapse from her hands.

" I keep telling ya, to only take what you can manage woman"

"Oh, stop being a worry watt Henry, Andrew caught it before it fell"

Her husband mumbled inaudible shaking his head as he his the newspaper from view.

Dinner was silent was we are but I could feel the tension in the room. Everything was too quiet, even for Henry. Kitty walked away to his bed spinning around a few times biting at his tail before settling to sleep. I dipped my wine slowly feeling the atmosphere under more tension from the pressure of deafening silence.

"I hear their planning on placing a fencing up around the lake" I said intersecting some form of release.

Henry nodded as he wiped his mouth preparing to speak.

"We're planning to do something but it's not a fence per say" he explain.

"What is then?" I asked spinning the liquid in the glass while covertly glancing at Sally realising that her mind was elsewhere .

"We're putting up rails around the board walk, the governor is planning to have an opening ceremony in August, their going to be having some wild life rescue and university bio kids coming in from the next town" he continued. "Something about ecological study. Supposed to put the town in the map again"

I groaned. More people during the other eight months of the year. Sally let out a light laughter and I smiled a little.

"What's wrong sally?" I asked. " the wines not good? "

The old lady looked up surprised but only shook her head pushing away her chair before quickly confiscating our empty plates. I wasn't the only one in no mood for conversation.

"Think you could spare some time to help? Kenzy can come along too"

I'm sure she would have been excited, if only I could talk to her about it. Leaving the house I attempted once again to talk to her and like before she didn't take my calls. If she was avoiding me, she'd probably not come even if I invited her, but I probably could use it as leverage to talk to her. I'll probably try that tomorrow.

"Andrew" I looked up as Sally returned with a plate filled with blueberry pie. "Where's gale? I thought you'd both come tonight is everything alright?" She asked standing by my side looking concerned.

" she's probably tired sally, you can see her in the morning " answered her husband.

Sally huffed positioning her rolled fist to her sides ignoring her husband. "I do recall asking Andrew the question, not you"

I held up my hand hoping to stop them from arguing.
"She's fine" I think.

"So where is she?"

" maybe sleeping, unlike the rest of us"

She gave her husband a searing look while he ignored her picking at his our before turning back to me. "You haven't been looking well these past few days dear" she placed a calm hand on my shoulder and I let out a deep sigh. Should I tell them? They had a right to know, Sally loved Gale as well. They did all their gardening together, exchanging recipes when we first moved here. I just hope mine of the garden homes were actually hers.

"I'm fine, working hard as usual" I said placing a fitful into my mouth hoping she'd be satisfied with my answer.

"Yes but-" Sally started again but her husband clearly disturbed by her persistent questions cut her off again.

"For the love of peace sally, sit down and stop pestering him about the woman, it's clear their both fine" he said placing down his foot. " if it makes you feel better, I spoke with her the other day"

Mrs. Henderson walked back musing to herself. "No it doesn't help. I haven't seen her, Andrew is not well" she eyes me suspiciously. "I don't believe you one but that you're alright, either of you"

I sighed. I honestly thought I'd leave tonight unscaved.

"You're right" I admitted. "But....we're Not together any more"

Mr. Henderson coughed heavily, sputtering, his glass falling to the table with a large thud. We both stop talking for a while trying to gage if he was okay. He tossed his glasses into the table, writing at his face then at the wine that was spilt along the surface of his shirt.

"I'm fine, I'm fine" he responded and I finally heard his wife breathe again. "I saw you two, two days ago, going into the truck. I thought you were taking some time together"

I laughed lightly. Some time yes, but not together. "I took her home"

"But your house is her home andrew"

I shook my head. "No, not anymore"

" I'm not understanding. She only got here, why, what's going on?"

I wasn't in the mood to get into the history of everything. They weren't clueless to our situation, but I should've known I couldn't fool them with our charade. She might've however, when she talked with Henry, but Sally wasn't as easily fooled.

"We grew apart really that's what it came down to"

"Oh my god!" Sally got up walking around pacing in shock and disbelief . Her husband's eyes followed her for a while before he moved to his drink again and everything went back to the way it was. It hurt like hell saying it out aloud-that we grew apart. It was a lie really, she left for someone else. But there was no other way I could've out it. Gale's relationship was very strong with the two elderly people that were in this room, the fact that it rocked Sally this much, if I had gone into details the amount of hurt caused would be incomprehensible.

She walked back to her husband staring at him for a while bore smoothing the wrinkles of his shirt.

"Well I'm sorry to hear that andrew" she said finally, she straightened standing straight as if a few minutes ago she hasn't been robbed of words. "But you'll be fine, you're handsome"

"Sally" groaned her husband.

"Shh" she said reprimanding him. "You have kenzy"

This time I was the one that coughed. "Pardon?"

" I mean as a friend andrew, she seems nice enough"

"Right, right" I answered.

"Do you want to stay here tonight?

" No, I'm fine thanks, I'm literally a stone's throw away"

"I know the house gets lonely sometimes, you can invite her over" I looked up at her again. "As company" she added meeting my gaze.

My gut tightened thinking of Ziploc being in my house again, oddly the thought warmed me, I enjoyed our easy conversation at breakfast and even the small trading after she got soaked by the twins but in the most of that there was also a feeling a fear that surrounded me. I could no longer deny the fact that I liked her but even that didn't stop my fury at Gale from being hurled in her direction. I hurt her and in someway, I created the fact that maybe she wouldn't give me the chance of redeeming myself. It was easy really to get comfortable with her company. She was the only woman I've met in a while that didn't seem to want to involve themselves with me sexually. No I wasn't even worth her friendship.

"I'm grown mother" I replied getting up and taking the plates to the kitchen helping her to clear the table. "I'll be fine and I'm sure she's busy likewise".

----------------------
Author's notes: still a working progress guys.

Okayyyy. Finally. Was experiencing some writers block for Andrew's section. Phew😅

Hope you guys enjoy the read.

Don't forget to vote and comment. I look forward to hearing your reviews. ❤❤❤

Toodles

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167 48 34
(under editing, interested ones may reach out to me) In the symphony of love, their melodies intertwined, yet fate's chorus whispered no promise of f...
Altered By Luella M Opal

General Fiction

169 30 30
Have you ever met someone who alters the course of your life? For good or for bad, they've come in, given and taken, and then- BOOM! Your life was...
41.3K 1.6K 40
Summary: This story is about an incredible unique autistic girl and her two equally incredible best friends. Will they ever get out of the friend zon...
1.2K 137 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...