Luna? No sir i'm a Marine

By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

They say i'm the Beauty and he's the Beast, but my life is far from a fairy tale. I thought I had everything... More

Prologue
And the adventure begins
The wolf whisperer
My Angel
Questions but no answers
Deal?
Shopping trip
Were what?
War, What is it good for
Rogues
Meeting Damien
Blast from the past
Not quite a happy ending
Back to my roots
Training begins
Birthday bash
Turning my world upside down
Not exactly love letters
Eyes wide shut
Sink or swim
Meeting the parents
Story time
Surprise after surprise
Promise
Trick or treat
New Ink
Marine corp style
Pups gone wild
Heartbeat
Something that can wash off the pain
Did I forget to mention?
The rescue
Bumps and Bruises
Merry christmas
A little white church
Picture perfect
Suspicious behavior
Proving myself
Is this my happy ever after?
Happy New Year
To sequel or not to sequel
Sequal

Formal Event

383K 9.7K 2.3K
By NotJustAGirlWithWifi

There is nothing like waking up when you want to and not being woken up.

Somehow I always end up on top of Luke. I am completely planking him like as if I was on a surfboard. I definitely always fall asleep on the bed. Most people intertwine themselves, but no apparently that's too main stream for me. Or does he pull me on top of him? I bet he does.

Almost sensing my deadly glare his eyes snap open.
"Done checking me out princess." Normally I would've blushed but I wanted answers.
"Did you do this?"
"Oh it's too early to be blaming me for things." My stare never wavered and I pointed towards our bodies.
"I have no clue what you're talking about but it looks like you just can't resist me and your subconscious is giving into your desires." His voice getting lower and lower as he speaks.

Even though we did almost get killed by rogues i'm glad I went shopping with Bonnie. Shock I know. But it has really benefitted me. I got lovely jeans, tops, jumpers and with my trusty leather jacket I can make any outfit work. I slipped on my favourite jeans and a aztec designed top. Plain black converse, I don't do heels and my infamous leather jacket to top it off.

I plait my hair as I have every day since I could brush it. Being in the military we are not allowed to have our hair down so to me having a simple, loose side plait I feel like a rebel. It's true what they say......It's the simple things in life.

I went downstairs to inspect the damage. It was quiet. Too quiet. I ducked just in time to miss the cupcake flying at my head. The food was flying. Bonnie looked like she was going to kill Zach. From what I can see Luke and Aaron are wrestling on the couch. I am not cleaning this up.

I couldn't get their attention and there's no way in hell i'm getting caught in the crossfire here. I'm done with that shit. So I did the only thing that has worked in the past. I took a deep breath and let out a blood curdling scream. They all stopped in their tracks.

Their heads snapped towards me and they saw my head pop out from the side of the kitchen island.
"Lexi are you ok? Oh my god please tell me you're ok." Guess who. Ding ding ding we have a winner it's Bonnie.

Luke gave me no time to react. He pushed Aaron off him and wasted no time in checking to see if i'm ok. He gently lifted me off the floor and onto the kitchen counter. Looking me over for bruises, cuts any indications that i'm hurt. I grabbed his face in both my hands.
"Luke i'm fine, honestly. I just screamed because i'm not cleaning this up and I wanted to get food without being wrestled or hit with a flying cupcake. Now breathe." I looked around "all of you."
Luke kissed my neck and whispered "you sure?."
I disguised my moan with a cough and nodded. He seemed proud of himself.

After breakfast Luke pulled me to the side. Outside really. We stood in front of his car, well I sat on the hood as he held my waist.

"We have some pack business to attend to. But you're going shopping with Bonnie and my mum." He just laughed at my face.
"Well since you've accepted me as your mate which i'm very happy about." He leaned in and placed a kiss on my forehead.
"I can now officially receive the title of Alpha and introduce you to the other Alpha's as my Luna. It's a black tie formal event and I need you by my side so I don't go crazy. Plus Aaron, Bonnie and Zach are going to be there."

I simply nodded my head. I'm extremely nervous. I'm not exactly the dress formal type of girl. And a room full of Alpha's i'm sure to embarrass myself or disrespect someone with the mouth on me. But one thought stood out among the rest. Am I ready for this? I've never been in a relationship before. I don't know a thing about love, let alone being thrown into the world of the supernatural.

Luke's warm lips on my sweet spot cut off my thoughts.
"You'll be fine. You're feisty and a former marine. How can't they love you? But I have no problem killing a few males if they try to take what's mine." He nipped at my neck. I grabbed his shirt and pulled myself closer, wrapping my legs around him. I softly whispered
"once a Marine always a Marine."

It's true. You never leave. In for a penny in for a pound. It's your life. There is always certain respect between any military personal, young or old.

I kissed across his stubbled jawline. He got impatient and smashed our lips together.

He trailed his hands down my sides. Instead of stopping at my hips like I thought he would his hands carried on until they reached my bum. He squeezed which got me to open my mouth. We both pulled back to breath. "Jump" his voice was horse and in pants. I did as I was told.

Luke's now supporting my entire weight. I can feel just how excited he is.
"I love hearing you moan for me princess." I gave him a taste of his own medicine as I began grinding on his hips. He let out a small groan. I tugged on his hair
"you know we can just skip the meeting and the party. We could just head back to bed."

I leaned up and tugged on his ear.
"Ah ah ah this is a very important meeting." I stopped all movements even though my body was begging for more friction, begging to get rid of the few layers that stood in our way of pleasure. My need to tease him was greater though.

He sucked and tugged at the base of my neck. Definitely leaving a hickey. I gasped as I felt his canines graze my skin. I was too high on hormones to care.
"I'm losing control princess. See what you do to me." He ground his hips into me that earned a definite moan from me. "You're such a teas-"

"I'm glad she is. At least I know she'll make you work and not hand it to you on a silver platter. She's good for you. She'll keep you in line. I'm glad you've had your uh fun, now play time's over we've got work to do."

I froze. My face heating up faster than an open flame. I hid my face in Luke's shoulder to try and hide my embarrassment. I couldn't believe out of all the people in the world it just had to be......

I slid down Luke's body, trying to put some distance between us. He just held me close. I'm not sure whether it was his wolf or just his need to hide his hard-on.

"Come on. No time to waste. So much to do so little time."

I followed Sandra with my head down trying to hide my red cheeks. That's right. The person who caught us is Luke's mother, Sandra. HIS MOTHER.

"It's twelve now. Our Spa appointment is at 3. Our hairdresser & beautician are coming around at 5. The event's starting at 8. So we have 3 hours to find a dress for my future daughter-in-law." Sandra was giving out orders like a Sargent but her last comment caught me off guard. She gave me a knowing look, amusement dancing in her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been about 80 minutes. I'm done. I want to go back to the house and sleep. Bonnie has tried on 10-15 dresses already. That's more than i've worn in my entire life. Apparently they only want me to try on the perfect dress so I won't give up and go home. I think their plan is backfiring because I really just want to sleep.

Wait a second did I just call Luke's house home? What is wrong with me. I guess I could consider it home. I've never really had a home. I wouldn't consider the base a real home even though it's my true home. Because home is where your heart it. Before I would have said my heart lies in the military without a doubt but now. Now it's different. The pack, Bonnie, Rose, Simon and of course Luke have wormed their way into my heart.

"I'VE FOUND IT. BONNIE WHAT DO YOU THINK?"
"JESUS. THAT'S IT. YES.DEFINITELY. OHHH LEXI......" To say I was terrified would be an understatement. That voice could only mean one thing. I'm entering the gates of hell and straight into the torture chambers. Dressing rooms here I come. The sign is practically laughing at me.

After they shoved me into the small dressing room I inspected the dress. It's a crimson red, floor length dress that looks like a mermaid. That's what they're called isn't it? Yay point to me. It had a gorgeous gold belt and a sweetheart neckline. It's pretty. The only problem is I don't do dresses, but this is for Bonnie and Sandra.

I slipped off my jacket, boots and jeans. The scars from my surgery not that obvious anymore. I'm so thankful to still have my leg. Each scar a reminder of what I went through.

I slowly took off my top. Wincing at my reflection. I have what most people would consider a healthy body image. I have big-ish boobs, a small waist, a flat stomach and wide hips. Too bad my "perfect" body is covered in memories. The bullet holes and stab wounds scattering across my front. Lines coving my back from the torture I faced and the only things I like, my tattoo's. They each hold a story and helped me recover.

I snap out of my day dream and slowly put the dress on. It was soft against my skin and as cliché as this sounds it fit like a glove. It showed off my curves and covered the majority of my scars.

I heard Bonnie and Sandra gasp as I step out. I finally plucked up the courage to look them in the eye. Sandra had tears in her eyes and Bonnie was speechless.
"Go back in there and get changed." My heart dropped. Do I really look that bad? I thought I actually looked quite......nice.

"Because I need to pay for that dress. We can go the the spa early then."
"Sandra I can't allow you to buy this for me. I don't deserve it. I won't let you."
"Alexis sweetie. You're taking my son and making him happy. Keeping him away from alcohol and improving his life. It's the least I can do."

Alexis? It seems they enjoy inventing new names for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The spa treatment was oddly nice. There was not a dull moment. Between Sandra giving out to the boys staring at us and Bonnie slipping and sliding, I was in hysterics.

We're now back at the house. The hairdresser and beautician turned up about an hour ago.

There was that awkward moment when Jessica, the woman who did my make-up, asked me to take off my make-up. I had to explain that I wasn't wearing any and that I never do. She didn't believe me so scrubbed my face with a flannel. I surprised she didn't hit bone with the effort she was putting into it. After she was satisfied that I wasn't wearing any she got everyone to look at my skin. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable. She then complemented me and said that I have "great skin" she even asked what my secret was. Apparently the dry desert and a cleaning routine does wonders for your face.

I asked to keep everything simple. Black matte nails with gold designs to go with the dress. Winged eyeliner and red lipstick. But my favourite my hair. She straightened my hair so it came well beneath my boobs and braided the side of it. I put on simple black heels. That was Sandra's Idea. I tried to reason with her but she wasn't having any of it.

We're running a bit late but as they say always be fashionably late.

Bonnie's in a long pale pink flowy floor length dress that highlights her eyes and complements her completion. Her make-up is a bit more bold and glittery.
Sandra's very Audrey Hepburn with her hair in a french roll and a dress that looks like a top and skirt. The satin dress has a cream top and black mid length bottom to the skirt. With a gorgeous pearl necklace to top it off.

I really did feel like the black sheep.

I heard the car pull up outside. We made our way downstairs and into the Rolls Royce. I want to take the car home and love it.

I start to feel really nervous. It's the first time Luke's going to see me looking so girly. I wonder what the other Alpha's are going to think of me. I really hope they're not all stuck up jerkfaces.

Sandra grabbed my hand and held it in hers.
"Calm down sweety you're starting to make me nervous. You'll see Luke in a few minutes and all your worries will disappear. Believe me I know, I still get butterflies when i'm around Jack."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Overall we're only 20 minutes late. Not too bad but it's hell for me. I prefer to be too early rather than too late. I don't appreciate all these judgemental and curious stares. Mens eyes raking up and down my body, the elders sticking their noses up at us. People parted like the Red Sea.

I followed Sandra like a lost puppy but made sure I held myself well. You know when they say dogs can smell fear? Yeah well some of these people were right mutts. I won't let them know that they're getting to me. If I could do it in Afghanistan then I can do it here.
Just breathe.

We stopped in front of a group of burley penguins. I had to cover up a giggle. Bonnie looked towards me, nodded in their direction and almost as if she could read my mind she started waddling like a penguin. We both burst out laughing.

They all suddenly looked at us. There looks made us laugh even more. Thank god I was wearing waterproof mascara because I have a tendency to cry when I laugh.

When I saw Luke it was like my world stopped. It was like everyone else in the room disappeared. I sound like a complete girl but it's true. He has a weird affect on me.

He's now turned around to face me. He shamelessly checked me out. His eyes hovering over my curves. I noticed his eyes darken. I was more preoccupied with the lustful stares I was getting off of the boys around me. When it's Luke I get butterflies, hot and bothered but with them I want to throw up. Luke saw the disgusted look on my face and took his mind out of the gutter long enough to follow my gaze.

He was not a happy bunny. He let out a possessive growl. Loud enough for them to hear but not loud enough to disrupt the 'formal event'. He pulled me close and kissed me. It was brief but enough to make me weak in the knees.

Wolf whistles made us pull away. Luke kept us glued together. I saw loads of the penguins pat Luke on the back.
"Well done man."
"Jesus. She's fucking hot."
"How did you pull her?" Luke growled again and pulled me closer as if that was possible. The oldest looking penguin or Emperor penguin stepped forward.
"Relax man, we get it she's yours." He said as he slapped the guys around the head.

I just laughed and hid my head in Luke's shoulder.
"You look as beautiful as ever but I think dresses should just be kept for me yeah. Unless you want me to take you right here, right now. I don't like the unmated males looking at you like you're a piece of meat."

It was sweet in a messed up hot possessive way. Is it wrong that it turned me on? I put my hand on his chest to reassure him.
"Sorry to interrupt but i'm Callum, Alpha of the BloodStone Pack and you are?" I pushed Luke off me......well as best I could.
"I'm Alexandria Smith Sir but please call me Alex. I insist." I squeezed his hand as I said I insist. I just felt as though I had to prove something.

"My mate, Lucy, would love you. Actually I wonder where she is." I was a bit distracted by a heavily pregnant woman trying to get through the crowd. People were completely ignoring her and she looks like she's going to pop. That's when I also notice a child no older than 3 leaving go of her hand.

I quickly rush over to them, trying not to fall and ignoring the fact that I was being obscenely rude. I try to find the little girl first. She's tugging at a fake bimbo's dress. It looks like she's mistaken this barbie for the pregnant lady who was also wearing a baby blue dress.

I walked over in time to hear what the woman was saying
"go away you little pest. I said leave me alone you little shit. Get your dirty paws off me."
I walked over and put on my best fake smile.

"Hello sorry but I couldn't help but over hear." Bimbo's face paled. I leaned in
"now if I were you i'd put on a fake smile like I have now. Nod along so it looks like we're having a nice conversation and then walk away. Stay at least 5 feet away from us. That is no way to talk to a child and you're lucky i'm letting you walk away."

I picked up the little girl.
"Thank you. Will you take me to my Auntie lou-lou?"
She had big gorgeous green eyes. She reminds me of Rose. I guess that heavily pregnant woman is Lucy. Where have I heard that name before? OH CALLUM'S MATE. Aww they're such a cute couple.

I can feel eyes burrowing into the back of my head. I lifted the little girl up onto my hip and turned around. I caught Luke'e eye. He looked relieved and confused.

I just ignored him and carried on about my business. I finally found Lucy. She looked like she was about to break down.
"Lucy, hi you don't know me but i'm Alex and I want you to breath ok. Everything's fine. Let's get you back to Callum."
See she is pregnant, she needs to sit down, this would be the perfect situation for Sandra and Bonnie. This would be a stressful situation for anyone and I guess her hormones aren't helping. She grabbed onto me for dear life. The mass of people around her isn't helping and the worry of losing the little girl.
Once she saw the green eyed beauty on my hip. I saw the panic leave her face. It was replaced with a genuine smile.

When we got over to the penguin circle I had learned a bit about Lucy. She's a wolf. This is her first child. She's been with Callum for 8 years know and they have been married for 3. She's a lovely woman only a few years older than me.

Callum and Luke's heads snapped towards us. I guess they could smell us coming. Callum's fussing over Lucy and the baby as Luke wraps his arms around me and makes faces at the little girl in my arms.

"Alex thank you so much. Thank you for protecting my wife, my baby and my niece." I just smiled and acknowledged his thanks.
"Honestly I did nothing but lead the way."
"Luke you may be a friend but if you hurt her I will hunt you down. Don't think I won't. I know where you live. The only thing more dangerous than she-wolf is a pregnant, hormonal she-wolf." Luke just gulped. He's nervous.

Callum took the little girl from my grasp as I gave her a kiss on the cheek and said bye. They're going home early because they have to get their niece to bed and Lucy looks like she's also ready for bed.

"I saw what you did. You'll make a great Luna." Luke left light kisses along my neck.
"Come on man you're about to get food you can leave your girl alone." Zach just can't resist teasing Luke.

With one last growl we headed into the amazing, elegant dining room. There was a small speech thanking everyone for attending and just telling us to enjoy our night. Each Alpha stood up and introduced their "party" for lack of a better word. When it came to us my face heated up as Luke introduced us all. When he called me his mate and Luna I got that we're really serious. The pride in his eyes told me that we're in this for the long run and I don't know if he deserves someone broken like me......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note :

BIG SURPRISE NEXT CHAPTER !!

Changed William to Callum for @Katt25570

Picture of Alex's full outfit at the top.

Vote, comment, follow, eat pizza and enjoy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

728 53 37
**Sequel to 'Blonde Wolf of the Brown Haired Beauty'** **Book 2 in the Beauty Series** Normal- adj.- conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or exp...
2.3M 67K 51
Amelia Davis is 20 and she's apart of the Moonlight pack. She has already shifted and she hasn't found her mate yet. This doesn't worry her because s...
619K 20K 53
Book one in the Legendary Lunas series. Completed. ****************************************** He moved as quickly as a bolt of lightning. Suddenly he...
1.3K 11 21
The Alpha and Luna of the pack are supposed to take care of everyone and make sure we're all protected and loved.. Not in this case.. I'm about 5"8'...