This is not our Goodbye

By rcbrie15

Friendship that has been tested by time. Will they stick to the blanket of friendship just to be safe? Or fac... More

Prologue
For Your Heart
Rekindled
Saving Your Heart
Unspoken
Earning Memories & Chances
Home Together
Riddles
Turning Point
Patriots
Almost Family
Ever After

Braving Fears

8.5K 398 56
By rcbrie15

After a week the baby is awaken from his coma. He is still weak but his vitals are all normal. Pha, Kit and Beam are so happy that he have recovered quite well. In due time he will be back to the usual naughty toddler of his age.

Forth has also visited the baby whenever Beam will check on him. He will also witness of how fond Beam of the baby. Even himself is hooked with the way the baby would stare at him. He is a shy baby and only Beam could make him smile aside from Kit who is also very bubbly when he is checking on him.

He is recovering quite fast. In no time he will be discharged also.

Its already late at night that Beam and Forth are on their way home from their dinner date when Beam received a call from the hospital.

"Lets drop by the hospital. The patient is crying endlessly!" Beam informs Forth worriedly.

"Dont worry baby, its just normal for babies to be fussy sometimes!" Forth tried to comfort him.

They hurriedly enter the room where the crying baby is being hushed by the nurses and resident doctor.

"Whats wrong little man!?" Beam immediately approached him and hold him in his arms being careful of all tubes and apparatus still attached to his body. The baby look at him and slowly stopped crying. Beam just hold him carefully while the baby is starting to drift off back to sleep.

"What happened?!" Beam softly asked the resident doctor when the baby has already stopped crying and close his eyes again.

"He is already asleep doctor, then we heard him hiccup in his sleep then he started to cry, a very painful cry Dr. Beam! A nightmare?!" the doctor has a teary eyes when he remember how the baby cried earlier.

Beam stare at the sleeping baby in his arms, with tears still in his eyes and cheeks. Beam also look up at Forth, Forth smile at him warmly in return.

He return the baby in his bed when he made sure that he is already deep in his sleep.

"Dont cry little one, you are not alone! Dr. Beam will protect you! Sleep tight baby, I love you!" Beam softly whispers in the baby's ears and give him a gentle kiss in his tears stained cheek.

He stare at the sleeping baby more before they silently went out of the room leaving the baby to the care of the nurse and the resident doctor.

They walk in complete silence towards the car. Each has something in their mind.

"Forth?!" Beam calls for Forths attention when they have settled inside the car.

"I will try my best baby, dont worry!" Forth assures Beam of the unspoken request that both their hearts knows.

Beam gave Forth a grateful smile before he peck him on the lips.

"I love you Forth! You know that right?!" Beam ask softly.

"I know that baby and I love you too so much!" Forth cupped his face and tenderly kiss him before he straighten in his seat to drive them home.

*

Three weeks have passed and the baby has fully recovered. He is ready to be discharged from the hospital. Eventhough the nurses and doctors who have taken care of him are all sad because they have already learned to love the now bubbly baby.

Beam is a little agitated to order a discharge for him. He knows that he cannot prolong the stay of the baby in the hospital. With a heavy heart he signed the discharged order in the chart.

He look at the baby who is enjoying his play with Kit. Pha is just standing beside them, smiling everytime the baby giggles. Pha look up and see the worried look of Beam. Pha knows what Beam feel, its been so obvious since the start how Beam got easily affected by the baby's condition.

"Beam?!" Pha call his attention.

"I know Pha and I understand!" Beam answered softly. Anytime from now the representative from the government will get the baby to put into their custody. Beam take a deep breath and release it with a huff to loosen the tightness in his chest.

They are preparing the baby's things and all the toys that have accumulated from his long stay in the hospital. Medical personnel, Beam and Forth, his bestfriends would bring a toy everytime they come to check on the baby.

Beam look at the baby who look so happy that he is free from all the hospital tubes and apparatus. He seems to know that he will be going home. Home?! Does he know that he dont have a home and his only family is gone forever. Beams eyes become teary again.

A knock in the door interrupted his thoughts. A middle aged woman and Forth entered the room. Forth approached Beam and kissed him in the lips. Beam is surprised that their mom and dad also entered the room after a while.

Beam hug and kiss their parents before he return in the embrace of Forth.

"Good afternoon everyone, Im from the government owned orphanage and Im here for baby Bass Suradet!" the woman with her gentle voice informed everyone in the room.

Beam tightened his hold on Forth as the woman get some documents from the envelope.

"Technically baby Bass is an orphan, but we will still verify that fact by going through different procedures and thorough investigation. There is still a missing father to consider. We will have a duration of one year to verify if baby Bass is indeed an orphan and once the timeframe lapsed and no legal family members claim their lawful right over baby Bass, the institution will file for the declaration of baby Bass's possible adoption! For the period of one year baby Bass will stay in the orphanage under the care of several foster mothers that the institution is maintaining" the woman gave them the detailed information of the situation.

Beams throat constrict while listening to the woman. He look up to Forth for strength. Forth in return tighten his hold on Beams body, hugging him close to him.

"However, the institution have given a special grant of fostering to the most eligible applicant. The institution have deemed acknowledged that baby Bass will be in good hands in this family. The institution have also justified the grant as a medical mission fostering since baby Bass has been a recipient of this family's medical assistance!" the woman warmly smiles at them.

"But may I remind the foster family that this is only a temporary adoption! Once a legal claim has been filed, baby Bass will automatically be returned to his rightful family!" the woman added.

"Baby Bass will be officially turned over today to his foster family and I as a representative from the institution will officially turn over baby Bass to the Jaturapoom family as his Foster parents!" the woman smiles warmly towards Forths parents. Beams eyes also widened in surprise as he look up to Forth who is also looking at him with his loving eyes.

" Forth!?" Beam whispers.

" Yes baby! He will be coming home with us!" Forth said tenderly to the gaping Beam. Beam turns to Forths parents and they are also looking at him with their warm smile.

"Mom! Dad!?" Beam whispers in disbelief.

"Forth tried to file on his own but he is single he is not qualified, so we have another option and here we are! You will have another brother!" Meryl  explains happily and with her teasing smile.

"So you have to take good care of your baby brother Forth, Beam! You will return home starting today to take care of him. His room has been prepared just beside your own room with a connecting door!" their dad informed the two happily.

Beam is so shocked and very happy, his two bestfriends are also smiling together with the other medical personnel inside the room.

Beam hug both of Forths parents with a teary eyes. He is so happy. This may be temporary but one year is a long time for them. They will just cross the bridge if they have arrived there. Whats important now is that they can bring baby Bass home. Home!

*
Indeed the two are excited to go home at the main house. They left baby Bass to the family and Beams bestfriends to get their personal things in their apartment.

They are back after a couple of hours with big suit cases. Baby Bass is already asleep for his afternoon nap when they arrived. Their room is indeed connected to baby Bass' room. The nurse on duty is putting the baby's things in the closet and preparing all the take home medicines. They just peak him in his crib as quite as possible before they left to join the family and their friends in the garden.

Baby Bass will have three nurses who would alternately take care of him round the clock. Beam can also closely monitor his recovery now that the baby will be living with them.

Forth and Beam sit in one chair together, Forth wrapped his arms around Beams body.

"Baby Bass is asleep?" Pha asked.

"Yes he is peacefully sleeping in his crib" Beam answered smiling.

"So what now?!" Kit ask curiously.

"I will live one day at a time, I dont want to think of things that still didnt happen! Honestly, I fear what tomorrow will bring but I cant live in fear! I have the whole family, I have Forth and I now have Bass. He needs us! I need to be strong" Beam softly explains to them while holding Forth tightly for strength.

"You also have us Beam!" Kit reminded him.

"Yes I have my two greatest bestfriends!" Beam smiling tenderly looking at his two bestfriends.

"We will make as much memories as possible with our baby, we will be happy Beam with our baby Bass!" Forth assure his lover while kissing his hair tenderly.

"Yes we will Beam, lets face tomorrow together as a family, lets be brave for baby Bass!" their mom Meryl encourages all of them.

Beam becomes teary and choose to bury his face in Forths neck for comfort. He is so afraid, but they are all have a point, they have to be brave and they have to be happy while Bass is with them. They will face the unknown together.

*

Beam is happily playing with Bass on their bed after his morning nap.

"Baby...say papa!" Beam softly ask Bass who is busy playing with the toy car.

"Papa!"

"Say daddy!"

"Da...da!"

Beam chuckles and pinch Bass's cheek.

"Papa loves you baby!" Beam softly say while caressing the tiny head of Bass.

"Wab papa!" Bass turn to Beam and gave him his gummy smile and say the words that Beam always loves to hear.

"Yes, I love you little guy!" Beam lean forward to kiss Bass's head.

"Wab wab papa!" Bass crawl towards Beam and snuggle on Beams bossom. Beam picked him and put him on his chest while he is leaning on the headboard. Bass stayed still and seems like listening to Beams heartbeat. "wab wab papa!" Bass utter softly while holding Beams chest where he heard the heartbeat.

"Yes baby, papa loves you, you heard papa's heart?!" Beam ask the little guy on his chest looking at him innocently.

"Wab wab papa!" Bass answered placing his little hand on his own tiny chest.

"You love papa?" Beam have not stopped himself from becoming teary with what Bass is trying to say to him.

"wab wab pa!" Bass says and hug Beam again.

"I love you too baby Bass! Daddy and Papa loves you!" Beam gently whisper.

"wab wab dada!" Bass did it again placing his small hand to his tiny chest.

"daddy loves you baby!" Beam kiss Bass's forehead.

"Dada! Dada!" Bass sit down on the bed looking around while shouting.

"Daddy is at work baby!" Beam explains to the innocent little guy who is looking at him with his puppy eyes.

"Dada! Dada!"

"We will go to daddy?!" Beam ask with his tender smile.

"Dada!" Bass claps his little hands happily.

******tbc*******

Please dont forget to vote!

A/N

I am not well versed about adoption procedure. Thus, I dont intend to mislead the interpretation of any adoption case, this is a fanfiction so any information written is just to supplement the characters and the situation of this story, not to validate any information about the adoption case or any aimilar incident.
Thank you for your kind understanding.

❤️rcbrie15❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

309K 13.3K 29
Time flies sure fast. The then Engineering Moon is now a father. Yes, Forth, the successful engineer is now a father of a three years old daughter. H...
8.5K 407 4
Forth beam one shot.....the type that I like to read. It is sweet and cute...for a quick #forthbeam dose Characters by chiffon_cake, together with m...
11.2K 683 6
"Just the story of two people who are so used to each other existence in their life." Credits goes to Chiffon_Cake for the 2 moons characters and the...