NO LIMITS

By StoriesbyRJ8

"Trust is everything, respect is earned. What do you do, when the possibilities are endless to what your hear... More

o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y ( I )
f o r t y ( II )
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t

t w e n t y e i g h t

1K 36 7
By StoriesbyRJ8

James' POV

My mother answered the door with my father right behind her. "Mom, Dad." I said simply. My mother had a shocked expression on her face, my dad just smiled. "This is my fiancé Melissa, and my son Kylan" I said simply. My mom stood there speechless. "Please, come in" my dad said opening the door wider. I motioned for Mel to walk in front of me and I followed behind her into the foyer.

"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Mark" My father said shaking Melissa's hand. She smiled and shook his hand. My dad nudged my mom, she had a scowl expression on her face and stuck her hand out, "Geneva" she said simply. Mel shook her hand and bit her bottom lip out of nervousness. "Let me take your coats" my father instructed. I helped Melissa out of her coat, revealing her dress. "Ooooh" my mother said in a shady tone. My dad's eyes widened a bit. I chuckled to myself.

"Please, follow us to the living room" My mother said simply. My mom and dad headed towards the living room leaving us alone. "Babe, I'm gonna hang out here and look after Ky" Mel said feeling a bit uncomfortable. I rubbed her shoulder and kissed her cheek, "Mel it's okay, bring him back here with us. They wanna meet him" I said with reassurance. She shook her head nervously and took Kylan out of the car-seat and walked into the living room with me.

Geneva Reynolds POV

I watched as my son, and this woman with my "alleged" grandchild sit on my couch. This tight ass dress she has on, I can't believe she had the nerve to wear that hoochie shit in my house. And Mark has the nerve to invite her in here like it's okay. I will try to be a good sport, but I swear if this young hot tamale says anything out of line, I'm gonna let her have it. Naomi would NEVER!

"So.. mom, dad, this is my fiancé Melissa" my son said. "Yeah, we know" I said shrewdly. I watched as Melissa's face changed slightly. "Excuse me Geneva" my husband said. "Sweetie, it's nice to meet you. I apologize. Geneva and I just expected to see Naomi again" Mark chimed. It appeared that Melissa wanted to speak, but when Mark mentioned Naomi, she just shook her head in agreement and continued to rock her son. "James, maybe I should... uhh... give you guys a moment" Melissa said getting up. "Oh no Melissa, you're fine right here" I said simply, stopping her in her tracks. I want her to know what happened to Naomi, and I want to have this conversation in front of Melissa.

"Baby you never told me that you and Naomi had broken up." I let out. "I.... I thought.. I di-did mom" James stammered. "No" I said sitting next to him. "Are you okay? I'm sorry. Obviously, you are since you just had baby!" I spat. "GENEVA!" Mark called out angrily. I looked around the room a moment and thought to myself, "So that would mean.... You cheated on Naomi. Baby I knew that Naomi couldn't have kids and so you decided to get a spring chicken to help you out huh?! You could've adopted! Baby we would've loaned you the money" I confessed. "GENEVA, ENOUGH! YOU ARE OUT OF LINE!" My husband Mark yelled. "Apologize to Melissa this instant!" Mark commanded.

Melissa handed her son to James and got up to leave the room. "MOM!" James called out to me angrily. He handed the baby to me instantly and followed Melissa out of the room. What the hell am I supposed to do with this child made out of wedlock?!

James' POV

I followed behind Melissa and saw her face turning red as she began digging through her purse. "Baby what are you doing?" I asked. "James I need to go, I can't take anymore of this" she said as tears streamed down her face. I pulled her into a hug and held her tight. "I'm sorry. I really am, I didn't think that my mother would be like this" I said rubbing her back. "Bullshit James! You hadn't even told them that you got a divorce! You set me up to be the ass of the joke! And then you have me bring my son here! Oh I wouldn't dare leave Kylan alone with her!" she cried hysterically.

"Baby let me exp-" I started to say, she put up her index finger to silence me as she called someone on her phone. "Hello? Michael, Hey it's Mel, I'm so sorry! I know you're off today but I will personally pay you $200 right now to bring my ass back home! I think I'm an hour out from the penthouse." She said shaking. "Baby you don't have to do this" I said putting my arms around her waist.

She pulled away from me, we were interrupted by my father bringing Kylan into the foyer, "I'm sorry to disturb you two, but little man is fussy." He called out. Melissa rolled her eyes, "Michael, I'm gonna call you back. Please stay by your phone" she said before hanging up. She grabbed Kylan from my dad, "Thanks Mr. Reynolds, but I won't be staying for too much longer" she said simply. "Now Miss, don't mind my wife. She's surprised, I mean we both are. But, I think you're a nice woman and I'd hate to leave a bad taste in your mouth on account of my wife. How about you go upstairs and calm the baby down-" "His name is Kylan, he is your grandson" Melissa rudely interrupted. "Let's get Kylan calmed down, and we'll come downstairs a little later and regroup okay?" my father asked.

Melissa sighed heavily, "Aight, whatever" she said looking at me angrily. "There's a room upstairs, first door on the right. He probably needs his diaper changed" my father said. "Thanks Dad, I'll show her" I said grabbing the baby bag and taking Kylan from her. I followed Melissa upstairs to the empty guest bedroom and immediately closed the door behind us. She grabbed the donut pillow from the baby bag, placed it on the bed and laid Kylan on it.

Melissa pushed me against the door and got in my face, "You got a lot of nerve bringing me here and making me endure this shit show!" she said angrily. "Baby, I'm sorry" I said putting my hands up to surrender, "I promise, I didn't know that it would be like this". "James you knew! You know how your mom is, and the fact that you didn't defend me makes it even worse! How dare you allow your father to tell his own wife that he should apologize to me! She was wrong!" Melissa yelled at me.

I swallowed my pride and realized that she was right, I sighed. "You're right Mel" I said simply. "You're damn right, I'm right" she said walking away from me. "You're lucky that Kylan was fussy, had it not been for him I would've had Michael come and get me!" she yelled.

I ignored her and took my son off the pillow and held him as he began to squeal. I stood up with him and put him over my shoulder patting his back. Mel sat on the bed upset just looking around the lavish room. "Do you tell your parents anything at all? I mean, we just showed up on their doorstep with a baby and they didn't even know that you had gotten a divorce" Melissa said. I sighed, frustrated with Kylan who wouldn't stop crying. "I tell them need to know things Mel" I said irritated. "Don't you think that was important?! James, I don't even want my son near your mother!" she said angrily.

I scoffed and handed Kylan back to her, "He won't stop crying. I guess he's hungry." I said. She rolled her eyes at me, "Did you pack the bottles?" she questioned? I picked the bag up from the floor and began to look, to my surprise, no bottles. "No" I said lowly. Melissa sighed angrily and quickly lowered the strap on her dress exposing her breast and began feeding Kylan. I watched for a moment, she caught me staring. "Nigga, what?" she said heated.

"Nothing, damn. I'ma go back downstairs and try to straighten my mom out" I said mad that she ruined my mood. "Yeah, you do that!" she shot back as I closed the door.

Mark Reynolds POV

I watched as my son came downstairs in a huff. "Everything okay?" I asked. "Yeah" he said. "How's the baby?" I questioned. "He's fine. Do you mind if I talk to mom a moment?" he questioned. "In a moment, we need to talk" I said simply. As I walked back into the living room, I could hear James sighing under his breath.

"Son, don't you think you should've told us something before coming up here with a new woman and baby in hand?" I questioned firmly. "Dad" James said shaking his head in disbelief, "Come on, I mean I'm happy. I have a son now and you guys know Naomi couldn't have children. I was just so excited for y'all to meet Mel, didn't y'all see the ring on her finger?!" he questioned. "A ring?" Geneva said walking in with a glass of water taking her seat. "Did you propose to that young Jezebel upstairs?" my wife questioned. "Geneva let me handle this" I muttered.

"Son, don't you think you should wait and cool out on this marriage thing and see if you two are a fit for each other?! Dammit, she just had a baby!" I called out in frustration. "Mark, James made his decision while he was already married. He was fooling around on Naomi the whole time. Quite frankly, that's enough time to decide if you want to have a baby with someone. Time seems to fly when you're having fun" Geneva began to banter. I gave her a look of disgust. This woman still can't let go of what happened in the past and she always seems to find a way to bring it up. "Geneva I think you need to go upstairs and apologize to our son's fiancé. I need to have a talk with James" I said sternly. James looked at Geneva, "Please ma" he pleaded.

Geneva scoffed. "I see dogs take up for each other!" she spat before placing her glass on the table and heading upstairs.

"That woman" I sighed, "You know son, 40 years of marriage isn't easy" I said. "Yeah, I know" James said lowly. "So why'd you quit after five?!" I shouted. James looked away from me, and down at the floor. "James, you heard me" I called out. "I don't know" James said looking away. "You do know. Your mother is right, you two could've adopted! I mean, you had great money coming into the club! Naomi was smart, she was one hell of a fighter, and she was beautiful. But you threw it all away for lust!" I said hitting the nail on the head, noticing the change in my son's body language.

"I can't say I don't blame you, but do you really love her? Because lust won't keep a marriage, neither will a baby" I said simply. "I do, I love Melissa" he said. "Do you? Are you lost in those wide hips of hers that you've given her now that she's given you an heir? Come on son, I know that look. I know it all too well" I said chuckling.

"James, I want you to take a good look at yourself, and this relationship and understand that how you get them, is how you lose them. Do you really think that this woman is gonna stand by you through thick and thin like Naomi did?" I questioned. James rolled his eyes, "Here we go again with Naomi" James said nonchalantly. "James! I'm serious! Because..." my voice trailed off... "You can't get Naomi back, not after having a kid. You're stuck with this woman for life" I said. "Dad, I love Melissa, she has my son, that's all there is to it" James said sternly.

I sat back in the couch and examined my son with a smirk on his face. "How old is she James?" I questioned. "22" James said interlocking his fingers. I gasped, "You do realize that she's closer to your brother Jason's age than you are" I said. "I'm aware, and..." James shot back. "She's young, full of life, and you've ruined it for her! No 20 something year old girl wants to be married with a baby! She wants to go out and party, and not remember the night before!" I yelled. James began to feel uncomfortable with this conversation, "Dad what is the point of all of this?! I mean come on, you and mom have an age difference it's just fine!" he shouted at me.

"That's because, I left my fiancé for your mother when I found out she was pregnant with you! I had to man up and take care of my responsibilities! And you know what else?! I still cheated! Right up until she became pregnant with your brother 10 years later!" I let out. James mouth fell agape. "In the beginning, I wasn't looking for marriage, I still wanted to enjoy being single. Instead of calling off the engagement, my fiancé caught me with your mother! I wanted to do things right, so I did the right thing and married your mother. But even after we had you, I still had a wandering eye and boy did I put your mother through something! She didn't deserve it James and still doesn't. But she still took me back, regardless of what I had done wrong, she didn't want to raise two kids alone!" I shouted.

James put his face in his hands, "So you mean to tell me that I cheated on Naomi and got with Mel because of you?! By default I'm a cheater, just because you stepped out on mom?!" James questioned. I threw my hands up, "James, you did what you wanted, and I just want to make sure that you don't go down the same path that I did. You're too old for this back and forth nonsense. You just better make sure that this doesn't come back to bite you in the ass!" I urged.

Geneva Reynolds POV

Mark has some nerve thinking that I'm gonna apologize to this woman James has brought home just because I'm telling the truth. I walked upstairs to the guest bedroom and knocked on the door. I didn't hear a response, so I turned the doorknob anyway and walked in. I found her nursing Kylan.

She looked up at me and instantly fixed her dress, to cover herself. Grabbing a burping cloth next to her, she laid it across her shoulder and began to burp him. "Let me help you with that" I said walking towards her. "No thank you, I got it" she said. I smirked, "Are you sure?" I questioned.

"Just because I'm young, it doesn't mean that I'm not fit to be a parent" she snapped. "You're absolutely right, there's something about a level of maturity that one must possess before deciding to have children" I said simply. Taken aback by my comment she got up and her face turned red, "As I do recall, it takes two consenting adults to make a baby!" she shouted. "And from what I can see, my no good son has robbed the cradle! You're a baby yourself! Why couldn't you get someone your own age?! For goodness sake, I would've given you my son Jason! Why a married man?! Do you not realize you broke up a happy home?!" I shouted. She placed Kylan in the donut pillow on the bed.

"Geneva, from my understanding, it takes two people to have an affair. And from what I was told, your son James was single. I knew nothing of Naomi. Your son lied to me" she said getting in my face. "Seems to me you didn't leave him alone once you found out he was married either" I said looking at her up and down. Melissa scoffed, "I don't know what Naomi has told you, and quite frankly I don't care. At the end of the day, I'm marrying your son and there's not a damn thing that you can do about it!" she spat.

"Melissa, baby, let me tell you what I've learned about women. See, I know your type. You like to come off all innocent, like you don't know any better. And you lure men, older men, who are established so that you don't have to take care of yourself, I've seen your type. You play the fool and act as if the world is yours- yet you still want something that isn't yours; and that's a man with a ring! Once you've got this man right where you want him, you ALLOW him to impregnate you and you get half of everything he owns once you take his last name. Women like you are shallow and feel that you'll get anything out of a man based on your looks, all because the current woman isn't as pretty or her ass isn't as big as yours. Oh but honey, looks do fade, and it's only a matter of time before what my son did to Naomi, he will do to you! I don't respect women like you, nor do I have any sympathy for you!" I said harshly.

I watched as she balled her hand in a fist, she exhaled heavily, "Geneva, with all do respect you never have to worry about me, but you will respect me. Just because I'm not infertile, doesn't mean that I'm not a good person, and just because I'm young that doesn't mean that I don't deserve respect. You're inclined to feel how you do about me, but all of this is because of your son's actions, not just mine. But what you will do, is love my child because he is your grandchild. You will NOT treat Kylan Drew Reynolds any differently than you have James or Jason. You will LOVE my child and you will give him anything that his heart desires, you WILL NOT punish him because of my actions with your son, nor will you speak of any derogatory language about me or James around my son. You will abide by my request or so help me God I'll make sure you never see James or your grandson again!" she spat. "I'll be downstairs, James and I will be leaving" she said grabbing Kylan, his bag, and heading downstairs.

Melissa's POV

I placed Kylan into his car-seat, strapping him in and putting a blanket over him. I've had enough of James' family for today, this is the last time that I will ever be disrespected by them. James and his father walked out of the living room and back into the foyer, "Babe what's wrong?" he asked "I'm ready to go" I said simply. Mark looked up and saw Geneva coming downstairs and looked back at me with sorrow in his eyes. "I appreciate your hospitality Mark. But I think Kylan and I have had enough thrills for the day" I said condescendingly. "Dad, I'm sorry" James said walking over to the closet and grabbing our coats.

"We hate to see you go!" Geneva said as she walked over to stand next to Mark. I rolled my eyes. "Baby" James called out looking at me. I waved him off and opened the door. "Hey! Who is-" the voice called out noticing a familiar face. "Jason!" James said dapping him up.

"Good to see you bro!" James said pulling away, "Yeah, who's this?" Jason asked glaring at me up and down finally sticking his hand out to me. "Melissa, James' fiancé" I said simply. "What a coincidence to see you here Jason" Geneva called out. Jason rolled his eyes, "Nice to meet you Melissa, you're definitely much younger than Naomi. You're early to mid 20's I suppose right?" Jason questioned.

I scoffed, "Baby, I'm not here to play guess my age" I said to James out of frustration. "Oh no, trust me you just... You look great! I'm 30 and I feel like I'm as old as James" Jason said with a chuckle. James looked back at Mark and Mark dropped his head. "Well it was definitely nice to meet you Melissa" Jason said walking past me and noticing the car seat. Jason looked down at it and back at me, and back at James, "Do you mind?" Jason asked. I sighed heavily out of nervousness and responded, "I don't mind" I said.

Jason pulled the blanket back and stared at Kylan. He took Kylan out of the car seat and held him, "Looks just like you bro, congratulations" Jason said smiling. "I'm proud of you" he said simply. I was honestly surprised that Jason asked to hold Kylan, considering that this trip was solely focused on Kylan meeting his grandparents, it seems that the only person who's interested is his uncle. "He's handsome, thank you for giving my brother something that he's never had" Jason said to me. "Thank you" I said as I watched Jason strap Kylan back into the car seat.

"Mom I really think we should be going" James called out. "Let us know when you make it home, bye Melissa!" Geneva called out. I grabbed my purse and baby bag while James carried Kylan. I didn't say a word but Mark helped us get situated in the car. I sat in the backseat with Kylan and waited for James to get in the car.

I watched as James hugged Mark. "Remember what I said. Just, strive to be a better man, okay son?" Mark asked. "I will." James said simply.

James got in the car and took off his jacket. We headed off on the rode back home, the car ride was silent the entire ride back to the penthouse.

A/N: Do James' parents have a point? Is James and Mel moving to fast??? Let us know! Don't forget to comment, vote, and follow us!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 11.5K 52
Complete ✔️ and is edited babes ♡ "𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐦𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐧...
10.9K 276 31
𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘭𝘺 𝘒𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘈 𝘋𝘪𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘍𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 I promise it will be worth it DONT BE A GHOST READER?
9.6K 303 31
Love can be easily found, Trust can be easily broken.
624K 33.4K 63
An alluring and apathetic young man, driven by his business and success, finds himself fighting a feeling he hasn't had for several years when he cro...