The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

By themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... More

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
37 | Reunion Gone Wrong
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

43 | It's almost Time

12.3K 632 21
By themoonlightdemon

THIRD PERSON POV

"Is it difficult to walk around? Is there any alteration I need to do, my duchess?" Kathryn looks at her reflection in the mirror and tries to walk around with her wedding dress.

In the end, she ended up choosing a classic white wedding dress. There was a lot of debate among Alvia's and Kathryn's grandmothers. One side wanted to see Kathryn in a typical wedding dress while Kathryn's wanted to see her wearing a traditional Korean wedding attire altogether.

There were debates among them, but in the end, the bride's input was the ones that mean something.  

"So Alvia will be wearing a male version hanbok? So this would be like a modern-traditional wedding, huh? I like it." Her majesty commented while she looks at Alvia's unfinished hanbok.

"Make sure to make room for the Gralia crest on her dress. I love it. You once again outdid yourself." The seamstress bows to the former empress.

Kathryn agreed and once again, she looks at herself in the mirror.

"This is my wedding dress. This dress is the one," The seamstress was glad to hear it. She had spent countless hours finishing the dress, and it's always such a rewarding moment for her when her clients like her masterpiece.

"Your mother made my wedding dress. Did you know that? And you did the same for my daughter-in-law.  And who knows, you might be making my future granddaughter as well." The seamstress smiles at the former empress.

"Anyway, have you completed the other dress?" Kathryn was surprised.

"Yes, your highness. As you've requested, I made it better than the ones you had. It'll show power and sophistication as the duchess walk down the hallway towards her new throne." The seamstress went to grab a beautiful red dress complete with its cape.

"What about the crown?"

"As you requested. I've designed something different than the ones the royal gallery has. The last time I visited the royal jeweller, they put a few extra finishing touches. It will be ready before the succession." Kathryn was surprised at the revelation.

"Normally, the future empress will be the one choosing her crown, so I'm sorry for getting in your way. But, after spending some time with you, I think I know what kind of person you are and what kind of things you like." Kathryn reaches out for the dress with a smile.

"It's beautiful," Kathryn was excited when she turned to her mother and grandmothers.

"Who would've thought that my tomboyish daughter would be wearing a dress and marrying the emperor." Kathryn's eyes widened when her mother said something she told everyone from her family to keep as a secret.

"Mom!" Kathryn's mother suddenly realised what she had said, but it was too late. Both Alvia's grandmothers were listening and also her mother.

"We have a lot of things to discuss. Let's have lunch together." The former empress smiled at Kathryn's mother as she leads her out the door. Kathryn feels defeated.

"I'm screwed. My mom will tell the former empress everything!" The seamstress could only give the future empress a sympathetic smile.

***

"Is it complete?" Freida nods her head when she presents a golden box in front of the emperor.

"It is complete. The golden rose that you requested is here. It was given to me by the royal goldsmith this morning. He apologised for not be able to make it. He has a few meetings to attend to regarding the duchess's dress. He said for some reason, the seamstress needs a gold thread." Alvia raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think Kathryn would be requesting such a thing. Is my mother behind all of it?" Freida could only shrug.

"Open it. I would like to see the golden rose as well." Alvia smiled and opened the golden box. What she sees was spectacular. Even Freida was at awe of the beauty.

"You will be giving this rose on your wedding night?" Alvia shakes her head no.

"I'll give her this rose in front of everyone after we're married to each other. I want the whole world to see it." Freida was curious about something.

"What is the significance of this rose to you? To everyone? I don't recall any of the previous emperors given any golden rose to their empress," Freida question.

"This is my tradition. I was always fascinated by a golden rose. It represents undying love. Roses meant so much, and by crafting something out of gold, it means it won't rot away in time. It lives on, beautiful as ever." Freida finally understands the sentiment that the emperor wanted everyone to understand.

"And how much was it?" Freida raised an eyebrow.

"Few zeros. Maybe," Freida scoffs. Then she remembered something that she has wanted to ask the emperor.

"What about Genevieve? Will she be able to continue being the duchess advisor?" Alvia shrugs her shoulder.

"I don't know. But if Genevieve decided to leave the palace and married the captain, we should respect that. But if she still wishes to serve me, so be it." Freida tilted her head.

"How do you feel about this? I know it was hard for you when she refuses to marry you even before the Tatiana scandal. You were so heartbroken even after Tatiana was gone and she still refuses to be with you," Alvia smile.

"It's all in the past. I have someone who truly accepted me now with my flaws and all. Anyway, Been told me that some of Kathryn's family would be arriving by tomorrow. I can't believe that time is here." Freida smile.

"Are you getting cold feet now, my emperor?" Alvia shakes her head no.

"I'm not. It's just that I know I am getting married sooner or later. It's just that feeling is real now that it's almost time. Do you know what I mean by that?" Freida shakes her head no.

"Not really. I never experience romance. I was busy running someone else's life for a living," Freida chuckle.

"Hmm. About Kathryn's family. Do you want them to stay inside the palace or should I book a hotel or a villa for them? In my opinion, it's best to book a hotel for them if you wish for privacy. Most of your esteemed guests will be staying in one of the lux villas. Why not do the same?" Alvia thinks for a moment before giving her a decision.

"A villa would be nice. The palace would be too pack if we let them stay here." With that said, Freida went to make some arrangements for the royal couple's guests.

***

Kathryn watches as Genevieve shows the helpers on how to arrange the flower bouquets that will be a centrepiece on the table for the wedding reception.

"And that's, ladies and gentlemen, how to arrange a perfect bouquet. I hope you guys manage to replicate this masterpiece because I don't think I can after doing such a magnificent piece of art." Kathryn chuckles and so does the rest of the maids and butlers.

"Oh, duchess Kathryn! I didn't see you there. Is there anything you would like me to do?" Kathryn shakes her head.

"I want to see how's the preparation going. And the former empress asked me to look through the plans again if I want to change something."  Kathryn looks around, but there is nothing that needs to change at all.

Everything is in order, and there is no need to change anything.

"Are you sure?" Kathryn nods.

"Alright. That was easy. How did dinner go last night? I'm sure the emperor told you about our history in the past. Right?" Kathryn nods.

"If you're worried that I might do something crazy, I'm not. I have Geoffrey now, and he's perfect." Kathryn was surprised.

"Did you by chance ... saw him? We're you disgusted? Was that the reason?" Genevieve was bewildered by Kathryn's words.

She looked around the hall and asked if the Duchess would follow her somewhere private.

"Growing up, I was told to follow orders. We nobles mostly live by our parent's rules, and when we were old enough to make our own rules, the council replace our parents as our advisor. That's what I hate about living in court." Kathryn takes a seat on the stone bench that's overlooking the gorgeous royal garden.

"So you were told to get close to the emperor since you were little?" Genevieve nods her head.

"They told me that eventually I would be the next empress and provide an exceptional heir to the throne. As I get to know the crown prince, something always bothers me, but it's not my place to be nosy. I'm sure you know where I'm getting to." Kathryn shrugs.

"Don't you feel anything? You'll be lying if you accept him the way he is. Tell me the truth, my duchess." Kathryn thinks back the first time they see each other.

"I don't see it as a problem. Perfection is not everything while I was growing up. And because of that teaching, my mind accepted anything that comes to me. Sure, it surprised me at first, but that's about it. Physical looks don't do shit when it comes to love someone. I only see their true heart." Genevieve smiled.

"I guess I was a bad person. He must be in pain when I ran away from him that night." Kathryn raised an eyebrow.

"You ran away? Why? I thought you ..." Kathryn was about to overstep her boundary.

"I was surprised, and well, I was not sure how I reacted at that time, but he was hurt. I would've been the empress of I decided to marry him, but I didn't. I ..." Genevieve was looking for an appropriate word.

She doesn't want to hurt the duchess's feelings.

"I wanted a family of my own. Alvia couldn't fulfil that for me. I guess I use that reason to run away from the agreement. Don't you want a family of your own?" Genevieve realises that she asked something personal. Kathryn waves it off.

"I do. But even if the child is not my own, they're still my children. We raised them together. I didn't mean to offend you, but if everyone possessed the same mind as you did just then, what will become of those kids who don't have parents? Don't they deserve to have loving parents like others?" Genevieve didn't say anything because she has no idea how to retort that.

"I'm sorry for interrupting, my duchess but grand duchess Annabelle is looking for you. She is waiting for you in the lounge room." The maid bows at the duchess.

Kathryn got up from the stone bench and followed the maid to the lounge room, leaving Genevieve to her thoughts.

"Kathryn! Is it been months since we met each other? Too long." Annabelle smiled as she greets the duchess.

"What brings you here early? They told me that you wouldn't be here until next week. It is truly a surprise," Kathryn smiled as she returns the gesture.

"Oh, I am here because I seek an audience with the emperor. Something horrible happened in my duchy, you see. A few criminals escaped from my island. There's a lot of paperwork that I need to complete and meeting Alvia is one of the agenda I need to do. I guess this is what you get for having such a useless husband." Annabelle sighs heavily.

"And since I'm here, I thought that I would stay until the wedding. After making sure that my people's lives are not in danger, of course." Kathryn always wonders how the grand duchess manages to keep up with her personal and her work matter separated.

"But you suppose to make sure that the criminal is capture before celebrating my wedding. What if they went into a killing frenzy? It wouldn't be good for your image if you let that happen," Kathryn was genuinely worried, but Annabelle waves it off.

"That is why I'm here. I'm requesting to use Alvia's special police force to help me. Why do you think the capital has such a slow crime rate? It's because they work in the shadows. I guess my cousin likes to work in the shadows." Annabelle chuckles.

"Anyway, I'm not here to listen to your lectures about my decision. I'm here to propose something," Annabelle smiled.

"You want to propose something? What is it?" Kathryn is beginning to get curious.

"Hmmm ... what do you think of having a movie made about you? Because it would be such an amazing movie for commoners to watch in the cinema since it's about their lovely empress. What say you?" Kathryn was speechless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 221 42
The crazy Emperor wants to kill me because he thought I was his wife that betrayed him. *** Suddenly, he drew his sword, pointing it directly to my v...
1.4K 18 17
Cold, Ruthless, Merciless and Frightening. These are the characteristics of the Emperor that many people in the Empire of Fhorion agree on. Emperor...
14.5K 390 26
"I thought we had decided not to fall in love." A story in which a Senator married a Sith Lord, but fell in love with another man. Padmé Amidala is...
279 1 22
This is about the great empire ruled by various kings with their emperor. And one small not i myself will be a part in this story. So im so nervous c...