A life time

By mera_gmn

The story does not follow Karasevda theme.. it's completely AU. That's why I didn't write a summary.Let it be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39

Chapter 22

459 27 0
By mera_gmn

It was 10 pm and Emir wasn't home yet. Zeynep was pacing the living room back and forth chewing on her finger nails. She tried to call him several times but his phone was turned off.

She was mad because of his behavior earlier but worried sick about him. She doesn't like it when he shut her out like that.

Suddenly her phone rang and she hurried to answer, thinking it was Emir.
Zeynep was disappointed that the call wasn't from him. It was Nihan.
Zeynep answered her immediately.

"Yes, Nihan"

"Zeynep. Aaaaaah" Nihan screamed happily, Zeynep had to pull the phone away from her ear.

"What is it Nihan? You almost ruptured my ear drum"

"Zeze. You won't believe what happened. I'm so happy "

Zeynep rolled her eyes at her sister's enthusiastic mood.

"I gathered that much. Tell me what happened?" Zeynep asked, intrigued.

"Kemal.. Asked me to marry him" Nihan replied happily.

"Shut up.. You're kidding"

"No. I'm not kidding. He asked me to marry him and he'll bring his family next week to ask for my hand officially. I can't believe it. We're getting married"

Zeynep was able to hear her sister jumping and screaming in the background.

Her happiness was contagious. Zeynep started laughing with her. Happy that at least there's something good came out of this horrible day.

"I'm so happy for you my sweetheart.. We should meet and celebrate" Zeynep suggested.

"Of course. Tell Emir, we should all hang out together sometime"

"Yeah.. I'll tell him" Zeynep said with a thick voice. That Nihan immediately noticed.

"Zeynep, what's wrong? You don't sound like yourself"

"I'm fine, Nihan. Don't worry about me"

"Well, I am worried. Tell me what happened. Did you and Emir had a fight again?"

"It's not a fight.. It's... It's a long story Nihan. I don't want to ruin your mood now. We'll talk later"

"No. Zeynep,  we'll talk now. If you won't tell me I'll come to you now"

"Alright. Alright. Don't come. It's too late. I'll tell you a summary "

Zeynep told her sister briefly about what happened. And Nihan listening intently.

"Look Zeynep, I think you're being hard on yourself and him. God knows what that man told him to make him act like that. You shouldn't pressure him more. Give him time. He'll come around"

"I'm worried about him Nihan more than I'm mad at him. He should at least tell me where he is"

"Why don't you try his apartment"

"I already called the security there. They said they haven't saw him"

"Well, maybe they're lying. You know Emir. He must have instructed them to say so"

Zeynep stopped at this thought for a second. It makes sense. Nihan is right. Emir must have known that she'll look for him there and told the security to deny his presence.

"Nihan. You're a genius. Remind me to buy you something good" Zeynep said to the phone happily.

"Well, I was thinking about this new purse D&G had launched resently...."

"Bye, sister" Zeynep cut the call, laughing at Nihan's antics.

She immediately took her coat and purse and headed out. Like a woman on mission. She'll find Emir and bring him home.

.....

Zeynep arrived at Emir's apartment. Luckily she has a key. She was one hundred percent sure now that Emir was here because she saw his car in the garage.

Zeynep opened the door and got in. The place was all dark. No sign of a life was there but she was able to see a shape of a man sitting on the chair in front of the glass wall facing the city's night lights. Zeynep knew that this is a typical Emir's behavior. He loves solitude. Specifically when he's mad or wanted to think about something.

That's why he bought this apartment in the first place. But he can't act like that anymore. He's not alone anymore. He never was. He has her. And she has him. Zeynep took a step forward. Emir hadn't made a move. He knew it was her. Zeynep came to stand right behind him.

"How did you finds me?" Emir asked. His voice a little raspy from disuse.

"That's not important. Why are you here Emir?" Zeynep asked, coming to sit on the other seat in front of him.

Emir raised his head to look at her. Their faces were laminated by the city lights.

They looked at each other for seconds. Emir's look was troubled and apologetic, while Zeynep's was one of concern and patience.
Suddenly she leaned closer to him, sitting on the edge of her chair and she took his hands in hers.

"Emir, please tell me what happened? What did that man say to put you in this state? And don't say nothing... "

"Nothing.. " They talked at the same time and Zeynep glared at him.

"Stop hiding things from me.. Stop protecting me from the truth. Tell me what happened"

Emir smiled softly and bitterly and grasped her hands tightly.

"Okay, you're right. I'll tell you"

Emir told her about Aksoy's demands and what will happen if Emir didn't comply. Of course Emir left out the part where Aksoy threatened him to tell Zeynep the truth. Emir is sure now that Aksoy knows something.

And he won't allow him to open his mouth. He doesn't want her to know like that. He wanted to tell her himself, when the time is right.

After Emir was finished telling her about Aksoy. Zeynep was silent for a few seconds.

"Wow. That man is really insane. He wants us to be his partners in his crimes and actually be a cover for his business?" Zeynep said shaking her head, horrified.

"Yeah. Pretty much that what he wants"

"And what are we going to do? " Zeynep asked.

"I'll give him what he wants" Emir answered as a matter of fact.

"What?" Zeynep replied with her eyes wide open. "Emir, you can't be serious. This is so dangerous. You may go to prison.. Please don't do this"

"Don't worry. Nothing will happen. I have a plan"

"What plan?"

"I can't tell you now Zeynep, please. Let's leave it at that"

Zeynep left both of her hand in  surrender.

"Okay.. Okay. I won't ask anything else. I don't want to be yelled at again" She said it playfully but Emir was able to detect the bitterness behind it.
He cleared his throat and took her hands in his again.

"About that.. I'm really sorry I yelled at you. I wasn't in my right mind. I'm sorry" He apologized nervously.

"It's okay..You're lucky I'm a good wife. Or else you won't be forgiven so easily "

"I'm thanking God every day" Emir replied and both laughed.

"But seriously Emir don't shut me out like that again. I was worried sick about you".

"I'm sorry, I'll try to be more open with you".

"Good.. Now it's my turn to apologize" Zeynep said nervously. Emir draw his eyebrows together. Confused about what she said.

"Apologies for what my little one? "

"For this situation. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for me. Aksoy would never approach you and put your company at risk if it wasn't..... "

"Shshsh.. " Emir shushed her by putting his finger on her lips. She stopped mid sentence. And he took her face in his hand.

"Don't ever say that again. You had nothing to do with this, okay. Besides you deserve all the risks. I would sacrifice everything I have if it means you'll be safe" Emir said it with confidant and sincerity that mad her eyes waters and her heart swells. She leaned closer and hugged him tightly,  burying her face in his neck.

"Thank you"

"What for?"

Zeynep pulled back and looked at him lovingly. Their faces were seperated by a couple of inches.

"For jumping with me"

"Always" Then his lips took her in a passionate kiss. Both were pouring all their feelings into it. Their fears and promises and hopes for tomorrow. They'll overcome everything as hard as it was.

They pulled back after a few minutes and looked into each other.
Then Zeynep smiled at him tiredly.

"Let's go home"

"Okay"

It was a long day for both of them. But the worst of it is over. Tomorrow is a new day with new challenges. But it's important. No matter how things we're hard they'll deal with it. Like the powerful couple they are.

.......

Don't forget to vote lovelies
😚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 99 37
Blue just turned 18 and he has never hated and loved his life as much as he did at this particular age. He is an Introvert, like he is full to the to...
7.9K 773 58
An internal voice told me to "call him," but I chose not to. I dismissed it once more, saying, "He never liked me anyway." I am stuck in my dilemma...
80.1K 2.6K 33
So i am again here with a new fanfiction and its on karnami i mean karan and monami from ziddi dil manee na after anuseena i am fan of this mujhe des...