Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
Epilogue!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Part 70

9.4K 939 97
By Navya_Mishra

Manik got home that night with Nandini passed out in his arms as Nyonika rushed towards them.
Nyonika: Manik what happened??? Is she fine?

Manik: Nothing mom relax.... She just passed out!

Nyonika caressed Nandini's hair carefully only to get a foul scent of alcohol from her.
Nyonika: Was she drunk??

Manik nodded softly in answer as he walked around Nyonika and started movinv upstairs.

Nyonika: Manik...
Nyonika called him out, making him stop on the stairs. He simply stood there without turning towards her as he waited for her to complete.

Nyonika: Its been about a week.... I know something happened between the two of u, everyone can see it. U r hardly ever home!!

Manik: Mom, I-

Nyonika: Stop running away from ur problems Manik... Every couple faces trouble, u need to face urs and sort them out.
Manik sighed at her words, looking down at Nandini, taking in her sleeping form.

Nyonika: I heard her crying last night in her sleep. I don't know what it means but she kept on repeating one thing, "Its all my fault, I did that! I m sorry".

Manik was shocked at her words as he turned towards her with his eyes wide.
Nyonika: I know u are suffering from whatever this is, but its not just u alone. She is suffering too, I haven't seen her smile the entire week. Sort this out son...

Manik: I wish I could Mom!! I wish I could... Can u do me a favour?

Nyonika: Anything!

Manik: Don't tell her that I got her home. I m sure she hardly remembers anything, just make some story.
Manik asked her slowly. Nyonika gave a disapproving look to him before shaking her head in defeat as she walked off to her room.
-------------------------------------------

"Urghh!!"
Nandini exclaimed holding her head as she walked down the stairs next morning. She walked straight into the kitchen and filled up a glass of water, before taking out 2 pills for her banging headache.

Nyonika: Leave that....Here, take this!
She heard Nyonika's voice from her side as she forwarded a glass of lemon water for her.

Nandini didn't dare to look up at her as she took the glass from her and jumped up sitting on the counter. She took a few sips from the drink as Nyonika said.

Nyonika: U rn't supposed to mix ur meds up with any painkillers...

Nandini sighed at it before keeping the glass down as she sighed, and looked up.
Nandini: I m sorry Mom... I m really very sorry! I wasn't planning on this, I just wanted to go out for sometime but then i don't know what got into me. I know I was wrong, I m sorry!

Nyonika continued to look at her with a blank expression for sometime before finally giving in as she pointed towards the glass and said with a small smile.
Nyonika: Finish that up, u look like hell!

Nandini chuckled at it but then stopped holding her head from the pain and simply took a sip.
Nandini: But still... I m really very sorry for last night Mom! And u don't need to tell me how wrong I was, coz I know it very well. I was way too irresponsible last night, first I was alone and then I got drunk out of my mind, I don't even remember how I managed to get myself home! Plus this head ache...

Nyonika: U called the driver to come and pick u up but then u passed out in the car itself. Manik took u up to the room and put u to bed!
Nyonika said making Nandini jerked her head upwards as soon as she heard Manik's name.

Nandini: Manik...

Nyonika nodded at her while Nandini simply bit her lip deep in thought.
Nandini: Did he say anything? Was he angry?

Nyonika: Angry? I don't think so... But he seemed quite concerned, a bit more than required but that's just how he gets everytime when it's something related to u...
Nyonika said sounding as nonchalant as she could while Nandini simply nodded.

Nandini: Mom.... I was thinking, if I could get back to work now! I m fine now, I don't think I need to sit at home for rest anymore.

Nyonika: I don't know... Are u sure??
Nyonika asked her unsure making Nandini nod at her.

Nandini: Very sure!

Nyonika: Ohk then as u wish... But promise me that u won't take much pressure and take ur medicines on time.

Nandini smiled broadly at her, jumping off the counter as she hugged her.
Nandini: Thank u Mom!! U know that's why I love u so much...

Nyonika chuckled at her before hitting her forehead.
Nandini: Ohk now bye... I have to get ready fast or I'll be late. I hardly have an hour to reach there.
Nandini said as she ran upstairs.

Nyonika: U r still not allowed to drive lady!!!
She heard Nyonika's voice from the kitchen making her chuckle.

Nandini: Okay boss!!!
----------------------------

Cabir was sitting in his cabin exactly an hour later, attending a meeting with some agents who wanted to go through the quality checks for the raw materials and all. It was the first meeting of the day and being in his usual extra energetic yet formal self, he was giving off a perfect description to him until the door of his cabin opened up softly as Nandini entered with a broad smile.

Nandini: Guess Who is back to pavilion!!

Cabir was startled for a second before an equally broad smile came onto his face. Nandini noticed his company and straightened up professionally.
Nandini: Oh I didn't realise u had company.... (She turned towards the agents and smiled politely) Sorry to interrupt gentlemen, plz continue....

She was about to move out of his cabin but Cabir called her out,
Cabir: Wait... Come on in!

Nandini walked in towards him as Cabir smiled and nodded at her.
Cabir: Gentlemen..... I'd like u to meet Mrs. Nandini Malhotra! The Design Head of RM Heights...

The three middle aged guys straightened up and smiled at her politely, as Nandini shook hands with them.
Nandini: I m sorry I disturbed ur meeting so rudely... I'll leave u all back to it.

They nodded at her before Nandini turned around moving towards the door. She waz about to get out when cabir called her back,
Cabir: Nandini....

Nandini: Hmn??

Cabir: Its good to see u Back.
Nandini smiled at him and nodded before she walked straight out of the room. Closing the door behind her back, she glanced towards the cabin right next to Cabir's, as her feet unknowingly moved forward, stopping right before she entered the room as she shook her head and turned around making her way straight to her cabin.

She spent the next two hours getting on with the status of all her work, before moving downstairs to meet the entire team. Filling in them with the progress and checking onto the work, she arranged a meeting later that day to check onto the designs of the latest project.

By the time it was 1 in the afternoon, Nandini could feel her headache coming back, making her chuck everything else away. She got back into her cabin and locked the door behind her. She felt her feet tremble as she walked near her desk and held onto her head,
Nandini: Crap.... I missed my meds. Mom is gonna kill me!

Taking in a breath she picked up the landline and called to the canteen ordering a sandwich along with some fresh juice for herself so that she could take the medicines. Deciding to freshen up a bit to pull herself together, she entered the washroom. She freshened up soon and walked out of the washroom, holding her head to ease the pain only to hear a surprised voice.

"What are u doing here???"

Opening up her eyes, she saw Manik lying on the couch in her cabin, now looking up at her in surprise.
Nandini: Its my cabin...

Manik: I meant what are u doing at office!

Nandini: I decided to get back to work now.... But, what are u doing in my cabin?

Nandini asked him pointing towards his position as Manik stood up immediately,
Manik: I... I just... I'll see u around.
He fumbled a little before turning around and getting out of her cabin as soon as he could. He was about to walk back to his own cabin when Cabir met him on the way.

Cabir: Hey... Where is Nandini? I was thinking we could all go and have lunch together!

Manik: U knew Nandini was here today?
Manik asked him shocked while Cabir shrugged it off casually.

Cabir: Obviously.... She came to see me this morning in my cabin, but I was busy with those agents.

Manik frowned at his words clenching his fists at this. He knew that Nandini and him were not much in good talking terms, but the least she could have done was to inform him that she joined back work. Even Nyonika hadn't mentioned any such thing to him. He was busy in his thoughts when he saw the peon taking some food to the other side. Knowing that only a very few people were allowed to order lunch upstairs, he guessed who the food was for and stopped the peon.

Manik: Is that for Nandini?
Manik asked him pointing towards the sandwich and juice.

Peon: Yes sir!

Looking at his wrist watch Manik shook his head, as he muttered to himself.
Manik: Just the first day at work and she is already late for her medicines. Wow, just wow!! No wonder she looked so dreadful..

Cabir heard his self talk and smiled slowly as Manik took the tray from the peon and sent him off.
Manik: Come... Let's have lunch!

The two of them moved back towards Nandini's cabin as Manik pushed open the door without any knock what-so-ever, only to find Nandini sitting on her chair, her head resting backwards as she tried to massage her headache off.

Nandini sat up properly at the sound of the door being opened but relaxed as soon as she noticed that it was Manik and Cabir.

Nandini: Learn not to startle people guys!
She said softly, not feeling good enough to argue or put up with any conversation.

Neither Manik nor Cabir paid attention to her as they moved closer to her from either sides of her table finally standing on both her sides. Cabir picked up the sandwich from the plate and took it forward towards her mouth.
Cabir: Open up, finish this off u need to take ur medicine...

Nandini lifted up her hand to take it from him, only to have it swatted away as Cabir repeated,
Cabir: Open ur mouth...

Nandini groaned and simple took a seat, only to feel a very familiar touch on her forehead as Manik pulled her a bit backwards making her rest back on her chair as he started massaging it for her.

Nandini: Manik, u don't have to.
Nandini said only to see him roll his eyes as he continued while Cabir fed her another bite.

Soon enough her entire sandwich was finished as the two of them made her have the medicines before Manik spoke up,
Manik: Enough for the day... U should head home!

Nandini: No I m fine... I have taken up the medicine na, I can work.

Cabir: Nandini-

Nandini: I m fine guys....
She spoke up again, more firmly this time making them both sigh.

Manik: Fine atleast take a nap for a few minutes, u look exhausted. We'll both be in here only and have our lunch here....

A slight smile came onto Nandini's looking at his care. After an entire week of running away, if this was what could get him back, then she was glad for it. Cabir nodded at him and ordered something for them as the three of them sat on the sofas.

Nandini took a seat next to Manik before lying down her head on his lap. Manik stilled for a second at her action when she looked up at both of them and shrugged.
Nandini: What?? U don't expect me to take a nap without a pillow right?

Cabir chuckled at her while Manik didn't repond at all as Nandini made her comfortable and closed her eyes. She felt Manik relax a few minutes later as a small smile came onto her lips, and sleep took over her having his warmth close to her.
--------------------------------

Nyonika: Nandini.... Its too late, u need to eat something and have ur medicines. U missed dinner as well....
Nyonika said as she entered Manan's room at 10 that night.

Nandini: Its fine mom!! I m just not hungry right now. U can go to sleep, I'll eat something later and then take the meds myself.
Nandini replied looking up from her designs.

Nyonika thought about it before asking again,
Nyonika: U sure??

Nandini: Ohh definitely! U can go ahead. I'll take them myself soon...
Nandini smiled up at her genuinely.

3 Days later:

Nyonika: Ohk thats it!!! What The Hell is happening here Nandini?
Nyonika snapped at Nandini as she banged the laptop close.

Nandini looked up at her startled by her sudden outburst.
Nandini: Mom?

Nyonika: U missed the dinner.... AGAIN!!!

Nandini: Ohh I m just not feeling too-

Nyonika: Hungry?? Yes I know that! I have been hearing the same thing for the past three days. Now tell me the truth what is happening here?

Nyonika asked her sternly making Nandini sigh as she looked down. Nyonika waited for her to speak up for sometime but then snapped again,
Nyonika: Nandini.... I want an answer!

Nandini: I Don't Know.... I Really Don't Mom!!!!
Nandini said loudly to her before getting up from the bed as she walked towards the window.

Nandini: I don't know what is happening to me.... I m confused. I m angry. I m miserable and everything else u can think of....

Nyonika: Is this about whatever fight u and Manik are having?
Nyonika came to the point directly receiving plane silence from Nandini, as she was right.

Nyonika: Nandini.... U need to understand starving urself or skipping ur meds is not gonna make everything okay! What are the two of u doing? Its been 10 days now and honestly I have gone too tired of u two. U won't feel better by not eating!

Nandini: But I do Mom.... I do feel better by that! And I know its idiotic and outright stupid, but I don't want to eat the medicines or even get better. If the only time he is gonna be with me is when I m not fine, then let that be it. I don't want to get fine and face his ignorance. I would willing bear the pain and stumble into the office for him to take care of me!!

Nandini replied in frustration as tears flowed down her eyes while Nyonika pulled her into a tight hug.

Nyonika: Shh.... Relax!
Nyonika said trying to calm her down while Nandini kept on crying.

Nandini: I can't do this Mom!! I can't deal with his silence. This is all so wrong.... He can't do this, he wasn't supposed to do this. He came into my life becoming the one person who was ready to become the wall and now he is drifting apart. I can't stand anymore without having his support to lean on... I can't!!

Nyonika: Nandini..... Nandini listen to me!!
Nyonika said calming her down as she pulled away from her hug and made her sit on the bed.

Nyonika: Listen to this very very clearly Nandini.... The old rusty saying that everyone keeps shouting around, "Everything is fair in love and war!!", that is complete bullshit...... Not everything is fair in Love dear, putting ur health and life in danger is not fair. If u love someone, u fight for them. U fight for them from anything that's in front of u.... Be it a person, a feeling, a fear or any thing else in the world. Love demands effort. U need to win ur Love... I don't know what it is that is happening between u two all these days, but u can't give up! U need to fight this through and get over it. Okay?

Nandini nodded at her, letting those words seep deep into her heart as a small smile came onto her face. She knew what she had to do. She knew what she had to get over on.

Nandini: Mom... Plz don't say no, I need to go somewhere, can I plz go....

Nyonika: Of course... U can take the dr-

Nandini: No... No driver! I'll take a cab instead.
Nandini said shaking her head.

Nyonika: Cab?? Its 10:30 in the night, how will u return? U won't get any cab after 11.
Nyonika asked unsure when Nandini held her hand softly.

Nandini: I m hoping I won't need any of it to return anyway...
--------------------------------------------

And there it goes....

Another update! (Not edited, so ignore the mistakes please)

Do pour out comments on how u think this one was guys!
I will be looking forward to read it.

Love,
Navya😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
182K 11.1K 23
A love story of two friends who live together from childhood ....But in teens we all get differences ......So will their teenage become the reason of...
222K 13.9K 47
What's meant to be will be. Manik Malhotra. Nandini Murthy. Meant to be together? Maybe? Or with someone else? A story that revolves around everyday...
286K 17.4K 111
It is a Love story.. how the love track is going to manan in their life... how they are facing handling their problem together... how they are sharin...