Our Journey From Engagement T...

By shiprasaini1

Preeti is a simple girl like every indian girl. Her parents fixed her marriage to Siddharth who lives in Amer... More

characters name
Prologue
1. The Proposal
2. Friend talk
3. Siblings talk
4. First meet
5. Decision
6. Engagement
7. Siddharth
8. Preeti
9. Phone call
10. Karwa chauth fast
11. Preparations
12. His Arrival
13. His gift
14. Mother's scolding
15. Diwali Preparations
17. A date with him
18. The Sleeping Prince
19. A Car drive with him
20. Furious Siddharth
21. The Confession Of Love
22. The Red mark
23. The friend's wedding
24. The Rajma curry
25. The Football match
26. Enjoying carnival fest with him
27. First kiss
28. Diwali celebration
29. His inspiration
30. A night with him at fields
31. The last meet with him
32. The Farewell
33. The new owner of my company
34. His Ignorance
35. Broken me
36. The humilation
37. Moving on from his memories
38. Missing her
39. My new boss
40. His possessiveness
41. Sharing my lunch with him
42. Giving me a lift to home
43. His kiss
44. The obsessive monster
45. My Savior
46. The party
47. Dance with him
48. Her Family
49. His pain
50. My birthday
51. Her pain
52. Shopping with him
53. The night under the moon
54. Pushing away her demons
55. Back to home
56. The angle of my life
57. Friend's wedding
58. His arrival
59. Taking care of her wounds
60. Dance with him
61. I don't deserve him
62. His confession
63. His Bride
64. Taking a step ahead
65. My wedding dress
66. Our Wedding
67. The First Night
68. Romance with my husband
69. EPILOGUE
New Story

16. The flying cockroach

26.8K 1.2K 85
By shiprasaini1

SID'S POINT OF VEW

The chain I gifted Preeti, it looked more beautiful on her than a showroom. Today she cooked one of my favorite Indian brunch. Keerti must be told her about that.

I know breakfast was a typical Indian and it must had increased some calories but I can manage it because I'm a fitness freak and I didn't want to leave those delicious parathas and that to be Preeti's hand.

No, not a chance.

My family never been so happy before as they are now.

heck! I had never been felt so happy like now.

I know at first I don't  want to marry but seeing Preeti's photo I want to marry her that instant. Because she is first girl I felt different after long time. At first it was her picture I fell for but when I came to India to meet her about our marriage proposal, I fell for her inner beauty. I fell for her heart.

She is the first girl I felt a urge to know her more. She is the first I want to give priority before my career. I want her beside me when I will in my way to achieve my dreams. I want to be the one with whom she can share her dreams. I want to be the reason when she can feel carefree under me. I want be the one who fill vermillion in her hair and be my wife. I want to be the father of her kids.

Our kids...

I alway want to become a pop star but when I see dad working hard to spread our business I wanted to help him. So when I was only in eleventh grade I started get training in our factories, in a very young age. I wanted to ease the burden from Dad's shoulders. I studied hard and got admission into a top business school in London.

Sure, I was a playboy in my high school and college but I never let any girl come between me and my career. I never dated anyone they were just a one night stands or holiday flings. But I always make sure not to hurt anyone's feelings. I respects women and I will always do because this is what my parents taught me.

I was so dedicated to my career that I don't want anyone's disturbance in my life. But Preeti is different. When it comes to her it felt easy to achieve my goals.

When I first saw her in a picture I was mesmerized by her beauty. I always curious how is that possible that boys didn't get into their knees to make her their girlfriend.

Hell..to them I will break their 32 teenth if someone tried to get closed to her.

I felt a ping of jealousy just a thought of her with another guy which was not me.

But I was always curious that how Preeti had not have any relationship before. It's not like that I have any problem with that but I just wonder how a girl like Preeti,who is so innocent, so pure, so naive to her own good, any boy could be had over heel for her, didn't try to get into a relationship with her.

But when she told me about her crush in school, I was shocked that how could a boy not fall for her innocence. felt anger and fisted my hand when she told me that boy made fun on her infront of whole class and embarrassed her. I wanted to beat the shit out of him if I met him in a future, not because he rejected her, because to humiliate her in front of whole class. How could her own cousin wanted to humiliate her and got her slapped with her own mother.

I want to let Preeti Know that she is the most beautiful girl in the world. I want to tell her that she is the reason behind my fasten heartbeat. Every time I saw her, my heart skipped many heartbeats, my eyes just wanted to see her and try to reach her soul. I want make her feel special and wants to show that how is she important in my life.

These are the most beautiful moments in my life. I do not want to ruin these moments. This is so pure and so innocent.

My eyes fell on her picture, hanging on the wall. She is looking  like a goddess in white saree. But I didn't ignore the hurt look on her face when she was looking at this picture. I can see she was holding her tears back like something bad memory was related to this picture and I want to know what was that.

I was laying on her bed looking at her one and only picture. There are few more pictures but they are of her family.

Her room is simple, not a girly type that anyone can adjust here without difficulty. She is evey where in the room. This room is filled with her scent that makes me helps to sleep in night. It feels like she is sleeping beside me, in my arms. I don't  know how these days passed without her and she will be finally my wife and sleeps beside me, in my arms, every night.

I took out my phone and looked at the phone background of my phone. It has her picture. It's from our engagement. She was looking adorable in golden lehenga. I got up from the bed and walked to the wall where her picture was hanging.

I turned on the camera of my phone and and clicked the photo of her picture. Now I also had this picture of her in my phone.

I know it's creepy but I can't  help it. She is looking adorable in white saree.

I was grinning looking at her picture when I saw my picture on the bedside table. I was wearing a black suit in it.

Whenever I looked at my picture there I feel so happy. She kept my picture on her bedside table means she also missed me after our engagement. When i was away from her and can't able to phone her because I don't have her contact number. Which is I still don't have.

I wanted your phone no. Preeti. I wanted to talk to you and text you at nights and this time I will get your no. anyhow tomorrow morning.

No, I can't wait for morning. I wanted to talk to her now. I wanted to see her now. I wanted to know her more.

........................................................................

Preeti's point of view

I and Keerti are in our room. I was studying for my promotion and Keerti doing some work in her laptop.

It's 11:00 P.m of night and we both are in our pj's. I wore a white crop top with spaghetti step with matching pajama and keerti wore a blue nighty. Sleep is nowhere in our eyes so I decided to study and Keerti decided to watch some web series.

"You look cute bhabhi on those spectacles." Keerti said while gesturing to my spectacles.

I gave her a smile while solving my question.

"I know..but they irritate me sometime." I said looking at her.

"Why..? You don't like them, bhabhi?" she asked me.

"I do.. but I hate when someone call me double battery or chashmish." I said with annoying face.

"Aww..That's cute.." keerti cooed.

knock..knock..

Someone knocked at the door..

"come in it's open." Keerti said.

Anshul barg into the room.

"hii..Keerti.. hii battery.." He said.

I frown and said, "Why can't you just call me by my name."

I narrowed my eyes on him.

"I just called you by your real name." he smirked.

I frown in irritation. Keerti laughed by holding her stomach.

"Watching your siblings fight, is really fun." Keerti said between her laugh.

"What do you want? " I asked him annoyingly.

"Give me your earphone, I need them." He said.

"Why do you want them?" I asked

"I need to attend online lecture of my class."he said while sitting on the bed.

"It's your holiday right.. then why are you studying." I asked while putting my hand on my waist.

"Wowowo..I become a doctor soon women. I need to study hard."  He said in a dramatic  way.

"I don't give it to you. I gave my new airpods to you last time and you didn't give them back to me. So No, a big fat no." I said.

"So you are not giving to me?" He asked.

I shake my head as "No."

"Think once again." He smirked at me

"No, I don't give them to you. What will you do huh.."

"If you don't give your earphone to me then I will tell all your funny names and all your secrets to Sid jiju" he smirked at me.

Coloured from my face is faded and I looked at him with my horrific eyes. From which life he is taking a revenge from me.

"No, you are not going to do such things." I looked at him with wide eyes.

"Watch me.."

"Hugh.. fine.." I groaned in anger.

I gave my earphone to him.

"Okay sister..bye for now..if I need anything I will annoy you again..bye keerti." he said while walking towards the door.

"You guys are such a fun." Keerti said between her laugh.

"He is annoying." I pick my book again from the table and start reading again after closing the door.

Knock...knock...

"I think he wants something again." Keerti said.

"Yeah..I think so,..Now what he want." I said while opening the door.

I was shocked to see Siddhartha standing at my room's door all fresh and handsome.

I always wonder how he always manage to look all fresh and handsome even in night.

He looked at me from head to toe. I followed his gaze. His eyes move from my eyes to my lips, followed by my bare neck, my breast and then my navel and back to my lips. I feel shy under his heated gaze and I bit my lower lip unconsciously. His eyes never leave from my lips and He gulped a lump under his throat and my eyes followed his adam apple movement. He checked my every single movement and drooling me openly.

"Hey..." I said disturbing his gaze.

"Hey.. What are you doing?" he asked me in a soft and firm voice.

"Noting.. just study."

"Sorry..for disturbing. " he said very politely.

"No..I just finished it." I lied.

He nodded. Silence crept between us. None of of us said anything for sometime.

"You want something?" I broke the silence.

"Yeah..actually I want to ask you something." He said.

"Yes.." I said.

"Actually preeti.."

"I want..I " he looked here and there try to find words to put in a sentence.

"I want.. I want your..." he hesitated.
He took a deep breath and sings deeply.

"Preeti.. can i have your contact number?" He whispered looking into my eyes.

"I could ask keerti and Maa but they teased me to death so i don't ask them." He said and looked apologetic.

I nodded my head in understanding and gave him a small smile.

He forward his mobile phone to me. I take it and type my mobile number in it and then give back to him. We both standing there looking at each other.

"Ooho... bhayi you don't have patience to see bhabhi in morning.  If you are like this before marriage then what will happen to you after marriage." Keerti teased him.

Siddharth glared at her.

"What.. why are you looking me like that?" Keerti said with confident.

"Bye the way, what are you doing here at this time." She asked putting her hand on her waist.

"Wo..Actually..I want..I want" siddharth  stammering.

"He need a mobile charger.." I cut him off in mid sentence.

Siddharth looked at me, I looked at him also.

"yeah charger....I need a charger, mine isn't working. " He said and gave me a smile.

"Oh! I don't think so.." keerti narrowed her eyes to him. Sid gave her a glare.

I went inside the room and took my charger from socket  board near the bed and walked towards  the door.

"Here.." I said while giving him to a mobile charger.

He took a charger from me and looked at me.

"I think I should go." He said while stretching his lips jn a thin line.

"Yeah.." I said looking at his beautiful  face.

"So... good night. " Siddharth said looking at me.

"Good night..." I replied and closed the door slowly.

I lean back to the door and try to calm my heart beats which is beating insanely. A smile  came on my face to recall conversation between  I and  Siddharth.  He came to my room at this time to ask my contact number. I think he is restless like me.

I don't  know  what's  this feeling  is. This is not just liking this is more than that and I really  like this feeling. I wanted to feel this feeling  every minute and every second.

After Siddharth leave I closed  my book and lay down on the bed.
........................................................................

Next day went in a blur doing all house chores. I didn't get a time to sit for a minute and didn't even realize when evening has come. Mummy gave me so much work that whole day took me to finished it.

Everyone is sitting in a lawn playing cards and caram except Siddharth and I. He is in his room doing some office work in his laptop. Who works that much in their holidays. He is in his vacations and  but it seems like he can't leave without his work. He locked himself in his room since morning. I didn't even have a single glimpse of him. Well it's not totally his fault I was also busy in my work that I also don't have a time to raise my head from work.

I took Anshul's wet shirt from the laundry bucket and spread it on the aluminum string for dry under sun. Well it's evening now but I don't get a time to do laundry before.

I picked the next shirt and it was Siddharth's. My mind automatically drifted in his thoughts.

Last night he came to my room especially asking me of my Phone number. Even at night he was looking fresh and handsome. The way he is ogling me from head to toe in my night dress, it gave a chill to my whole body. He is doing different things to me which I never felt before.

I sniffed his shirt and closed my eyes in delight when his fainted cologne hit my nostrils. Though it washed but it still have his fainted sent in it.

What are you doing to me Siddharth?

"Preeti...Preeti.." I heard mummy voice. She is calling me from downstairs.

"Yes mummy coming.." I hurriedly yet carefully spread Siddharth on aluminum string along with his others clothes and walked towards the stairs.

As I come closed to Siddharth's room, the door of the room suddenly opened and Siddharth stepped outside from the room.

I halted in my steps and looked at me. He turned his face to me and our eyes met.

I am seeing him after hours and it felt like it's been a while since we both had seen each other. Non of us said anything just keep looking each other and talked through our eyes. My heart is beating fast and I forget to take breath when he looked at me like he wanted to touch my soul.

Words are not enough to tell what I am feeling right now. I feel a different kind of attraction towards him whenever I see him. It's not physical it's a emotional feelings and his deep coffee eyes which pulls me towards him.

I didn't realize we both keep looking each other without a blink. Non of us looked away or said anything, like silence is the best way to talk to each other through our eyes.

"Preeti....Preeti.."

Our gaze broke with mummy's calling. We both looked here and there to clear our head. I felt hotness is realized from my face and it turned into red. Without saying anything I walked from there.

.......

"Preeti make evening tea for everyone with some snacks."

I and mummy standing in the hall and she is instructed me about the evening tea and snacks. I was talking to mummy and asked her what should I cooked for evening snacks when Siddharth walked inside the hall. Our eyes met again and he hold my gaze with him.

My mind blocked what mummy was saying and only focused on him but soon I broke our gaze and slowly lower my eyelids not to lost in his deep coffee brown eyes.

After getting a instruction from mummy I walked to the kitchen and pulled out a tea pan along with the coffee pan. Siddharth doesn't like tea. He likes coffee, strong one.

I took out the milk from the fridge for tea and coffee and put it on the kitchen counter. I bent down to take out the ingredients for snacks from the rack when I felt something is walking on my right leg.

I shrugged my right leg many time and rubbed it against at back of my left leg.

I took out the ingredients from the rack and put them on the counter. I took the lighter from the counter to lit the stove when feel again something is walking on my left hand. Some insect which have a slippery legs.

"Aaaaaeeee...."

As soon as my eyes fell on my left hand a scream left from my mouth.

A big maroon ugliest cockroach was sitting on my left arm and walking on my arm like he is walking in his gutter garden. I can feel his creepy slippery legs on my bare arm.

I hate cockroaches. They are the most ugliest creatures in the world and look creepy too. I am afraid of them that I can hold my pea if I have seen them in my bathroom.

"Aaaaeeeee..."

I screamed again when it fly and sit on my bare neck. I am closed to get heart attack. My heart is beating fast and adeline rushed in my blood.

I immediately shrugged it off from my neck with my hand. It fly again and this time higher and keep flying.

"Mummy...mummy.." I screamed for my mother and run towards the kitchen door.

Fear is clearly visible in my voice when it shake at the end. My eyes are fixed on the flying cockroach and I ran out from the kitchen door when I bumped into a hard chest.

I lifted my head and Siddharth was standing in front of me. He is looking at me with concern fill eyes.

"What happened..?" He asked me while cupping my face with his both palms.

"Coc..coc.." I stammered.

My heart is beating so fast and mh face is hot in fear. I immediately hugged Siddharth and hide my face in his chest while hiding my eyes behind my palm so I couldn't see anything.

Siddharth encircled his arms around me. His one hand is rubbing my back and other hand is caressing my head to calm me.

"Why are you scare. Tell me what happened?" He asked me again.

"There is cockroach in a kitchen and....and it's flying." I said while squeezing my eyes shut

I pushed myself more to Siddharth and hide my face in his chest.

I still can feel it's creepy legs on me. I am feeling like he is still sitting on my neck and hand.

"What happened to her?"

"Why is she screaming?"

"Bhabhi what happened?"

Papa, Anshul and keerti asked in unison. But I was too scared to look at them or pull away from Siddharth. I still standing there hiding my face in Siddharth's chest and his arms are around me.

"She saw a cockroach in the kitchen."
Siddharth told everyone.

I can hear the humor in his voice but I was to afraid to notice anything.

"It's not a normal one.. it's flying." I said while still hiding  myself in Siddharth's embrace.

"Every cockroach can fly Preeti. They don't fly until you don't annoy them." I heard Anshul's voice.

"This girl is 22 and still afraid of cockroaches." I heard mummy said to everyone.

"Wait..here I it shoo away." Andhul said.

"I am also coming." Keerti said.

"Just kill him Anshul don't shoo him away." I said still hiding myself in Siddharth's chest.

"If I killed him, His poor soul will haunt you in your dreams poor sissy." I heard Anshul from the kitchen.

"I can handle it in my dreams but not in real.."

Siddharth's chest vibrates when he chuckled softly.

"Preeti careful. It's flying in your direction.." Anshul said loudly from the kitchen.

"Si..Sid...Siddharth..Siddharth..Please..Please save me." I said while encircling my arms around him and hold him close to me for my dear life.

He also hugged me back tightly. I hide my face in the crook of his neck to block my surroundings.

"Shhh...he is messing with you." Siddharth whispered in my ear while caressing my back to calm me. My heart is still beating fast.

"Anshul stop scaring her..She is already afraid." I heard mummy is screaming on Anshul and he and keerti are laughing.

"Hey..Preeti..look what I have for you." I heard Anshul's voice just behind me.

When my heart is calm and I breath  nomaly I pulled off from the Siddharth and turned to Anshul to look at what he has for me.

As I turned to face Anshul he showed the same cockroach in front of my face. He is holding it from his antina and looked dead.

"Aaaaeee.." I screamed and hugged  Siddharth again for my life, like only he is the one who can save me from cockroach. Siddharth hugged me back.

"Are you planning to give her a heart attack." Mummy scold Anshul again and as much as I know mummy she probably smacked on his head.

I heard everyone's laughing including Siddharth.

"As much as I want you to hold like this, I don't want you feel embarrass later. Everyone is watching us. But if you don't want to I also won't mind to hold you." Siddharth  whispered in my ear.

As soon as I realized our position I immediately pulled back from Siddharth and looked everyone.

Indeed...everyone is looking at us. My cheeks immediately turn into beetroot shade. I looked at keerti and she is smirking on us.

I didn't say anything to anyone and walked from there. Actually more like I ran from there.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 138K 96
Reyansh had everything he wanted in his life except a family who could care for him. His world revolved around Business, money and power. Falling for...
317K 32.7K 181
Special mention in #Wattpad love awards Most impressive rankings #1 in Together-11/06/2022 #2 in Emotional-13/11/2021 #3 in Emotional-15/11/2021 #3 i...
270K 7.4K 58
This is the story of a two people who willingly married each other and make their marriage successful and beautiful. In this story you will see how t...
36.1K 1.1K 47
A story of past left incomplete. It's a story of Avantika and Karanveer. A woman With pride and self respect. A woman who knew how to break the soc...