The night is darkest just bef...

Galing kay Mimorimori

After getting rejected by his childhood crush, Izuku was heartbroken. On the very same day, he got attacked b... Higit pa

Chapter 1: A bad day
Chapter 2: Night mission
Chapter 3: A favour
Chapter 4: Intertwine and connecting
Chapter 4.5: Aizawa
Chapter 5: Searching for an answer
Chapter 7: Fledgling and pure blooded
Chapter 8: Fear and worry
Chapter 9: A wishful thinking
Chapter 10: Fragment of the past
Chapter 11: Hidden truth and pain
Chapter 12: Decision
Chapter 13: The targeted fledgling
Chapter 14: Spotted
Chapter 15: Hunted down
Chapter 16: Captured
Chapter 17: Trial
Chapter 18: Test
Chapter 19: A small chat
Chapter 20: What am I to you?
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Todoroki Shoto
Chapter 23: First mission (Part One)
Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)
Chapter 25: End of first mission, beginning of a storm
Chapter 26: Scars
Chapter 27: Togata Mirio
Chapter 28: Training and preparation
Chapter 29: Cargo
Chapter 30: Amajiki Tamaki
Chapter 30.5: His story
Chapter 31: Getting ready
Chapter 32: Battle
Chapter 33: Warning, danger
Chapter 34: The choice that was made
Chapter 35: Taken
Chapter 36: A small hope
Chapter 37: Bad route...?
Chapter 38: Even if it's against the order
Chapter 39: Rescue mission
Chapter 40: That's my promise to you
Chapter 41: No longer the same

Chapter 6: Bad timing

6.1K 264 72
Galing kay Mimorimori

At some point while waiting for Katsuki to return home, Izuku has fallen asleep on the sofa. When he heard the sound of the keys, Izuku rubbed his eyes and slowly sits up. Looking at the clock, he was shocked to see that there was only one hour left till midnight.

Does Katsuki end his work this late every day? If so, then this job must have be really tiring for him. It's kind of amazing that Katsuki still can study and work with little rest- oh no... come to think about it, Izuku woke Katsuki up last night because he got hungry again didn't he? Because of this, Izuku made Katsuki lose some of his precious sleep. How could he be so stupid and not think carefully before he wake Katsuki up? Just when Katsuki's nice enough to let Izuku stay with him, how could he do something so stupid and bothered-

Izuku was cut off from his thoughts when something soft hit his on the face. He grab the soft material off his face and stare at it with a confused look. It was a black hoodie and Izuku can easily tell that this is new. Nobody has worn it before.

"You're muttering too much, stupid Deku." Katsuki said, dropping his school bag on the sofa beside Izuku. The nerd was busy muttering and overthinking about pointless things that he didn't even noticed that Katsuki has entered the house. He open his school bag and took out a sunglasses and a plain white surgical mask and then pass the two items to Izuku, who tilted his head with a puzzled expression. "Put those on. We're going out."

"Eh? We're going out? Right now?"

"Yeah."

"Why?"

"Stop asking questions and just put it on!"

Izuku flinched and quickly put the clothing on. Once he was done, he finally realized why Katsuki made him wear these clothes before they went out. It was to hide his vampire traits. A sunglasses to cover his eyes, a plain white surgical mask to hide his fangs and a large hoodie with a long sleeve that almost went pass his fingertips. Izuku understand why he need to dress up like this but... to be honest, this only makes him stand out more and he look like a very suspicious person.

Katsuki stared at Izuku for a while before making a comment on Izuku's appearance. "You look like a fucking creep."

Izuku sweat dropped and lightly retorted. "You're the one who ask me wear it, Kacchan."

"Then pull the hood up and take off the mask and sunglasses. Nobody should be able to see your fangs if you didn't open your mouth. It's dark and I don't think people can see your eyes clearly. Just make sure nobody saw your claws."

The mask and sunglasses was removed and Izuku pull the hood over his head.

Okay, this is much better. At least, the nerd doesn't look like a creep now. It was almost midnight so there shouldn't be many people who is still hanging outside at this timing. They just need be careful not to run into the other hunters who is probably patrolling around the town or hungry vampires who is hiding in shadow while looking for a prey.

Turning on his heel, Katsuki signal Izuku to follow him. "Alright, let's go-"

Katsuki was cut off when he heard the sound of a stomach growling. He look over his shoulder with an annoyed expression while Izuku's blushing in embarrassment.

"I-is it okay if I eat something first?"

"...Tch, do whatever the fuck you like."

~~~

Katsuki and Izuku made their way through the street. While Izuku was silently enjoying the walk and the gentle breeze, Katsuki was keeping an eye out for people and vampires. Before they turn around the corner, Izuku pull the hood further down until half of his face cannot be seen. Katsuki find it odd but after they make their turn, he spotted two salaryman laughing and chatting with each other as they passes by.

With Izuku's sharp hearing and sense of smell, of course he'd notice that there are people close by before Katsuki can. Maybe he can relax and lower his guard a little bit for now. If there are someone or something approaching them, Izuku'll be the first one to sense it.

"Deku, if you sense that something is wrong or dangerous, make sure you alert me about it." Katsuki said.

"Okay, Kacchan." Izuku nodded.

Thankfully, they didn't ran into anyone else on the way to their destination. When they finally reach, Izuku widen his eyes in surprise when he saw the building.

"This place is..." Izuku trailed off as he stare at the apartment, the home that he hasn't return to for two weeks after he got turned into a vampire. "Why are we here, Kacchan?"

"To get the things you need of course." Katsuki replied as he made his way to the lift. Izuku follow closely behind him with a confused look.

"The things I need?"

"You can't be wearing my clothes forever. You'll need to bring the things you wanted with you as well, since you're staying with me. Surly, you have them don't you? The things that you needed by your side."

Izuku blinked as a few of the things he wanted to have with him start to pop up inside his head one by one. The irreplaceable things that holds too much memories for him to forget. Lowering his head, he gives a small nod. "Yes, there's a few of them..."

Stepping into the lift and going up to the floor where Izuku's stayed, he suddenly remembered that he lost his house key. There's no way for them to enter his house. Unless he break down the door with his vampire strength but that would be making a loud noise and he doesn't want people to misunderstand that they are breaking into someone else's house.

When Katsuki pull out the house key that Izuku lost and insert it into the keyhole, he was at loss for words. How did his missing key ended up with Katsuki? Where did he found it?

"H-how did you...?" Izuku stuttered.

"I found it at the abandoned school." Katsuki replied. Turning the door knob, he push open the door and step into the house that he has never visited for a long time. The last time he came over to hang out was when he was 10 years old. Turning on the switch, Katsuki wasn't surprise to see that almost everything is still the same. Nothing much has changed and it brings back a lot of memories.

"Go and pack your clothes, I'll wait here." Katsuki said.

"I got it."

Izuku enter his room and went to his closet. Since he can see very well in the dark, he didn't realized that he has forgotten to turn on the lights like how a normal people should. He doesn't has much clothes to begin with so it didn't take him long to finish putting away all of his clothes into a luggage bag. Turning his gaze towards his table, Izuku saw his phone and a small photo frame of his dead mother on his desk. He stare at the photo of his mother with a sorrowful look.

"If Mom is still alive, she'll definitely be shock to see what I've become..." Izuku thought.

He went to the desk and took the two items, putting it away into the bag. Just when Izuku's about to leave his room, he remembered that there's another thing that he'd like to bring with him. Opening the drawer, Izuku took out an old superhero keychain. It was a present that Katsuki gave him on his 5th birthday. Although it given to him a long time ago, he still treasure it until now.

Putting the keychain into his pockets, Izuku gives one last look at his room. Just when he's about to leave, his ear pick up the sound of a phone ringing. Soon, it was quickly followed by Katsuki cursing and shouting at the person who is calling him.

"Hah?! Emergency mission?!" Katsuki snapped, causing Izuku to flinch at his loud voice.

Making his way to the living room, Izuku watches quietly as he listen to Katsuki talking on the phone with the person who is calling him.

"What the fuck do you mean by that, shitty hair?!"

"It's exactly as what I've just said! I'm sorry for calling you but this is urgent!" Kirishima exclaimed from the other side of the phone.

"It's just one shitty vampire so deal with it with the other extras!"

"If it was a normal vampire then I wouldn't have called you! But the opponent this time is a pure blooded vampire so we need help!"

Katsuki widen his eyes in shock. Fucking shit, is this for real? A stupid pure blooded vampire decided to pop up at this timing?!

"Anyway please hurry, I'll send you the location!"

With that, the call ended. Katsuki turn around and saw that Izuku's standing behind him, giving him a worrying look. He don't have the time to explain what's going on but Izuku isn't dumb, he should be able to guess what's happening.

"Deku, some fucked up shit has happened so I'll need to go. Stay here and do not go outside!"

"But Kacchan-"

Izuku didn't get to finish his sentence when Katsuki rush out of the house. He heard what Katsuki talked about on the phone with Kirishima. From the sound of it, the vampire they are chasing after must be very powerful and dangerous.

Pure blooded vampires...

Just how strong are they compared to the normal vampires? The fact that Katsuki's heading over to fight against such opponent gives Izuku an uneasy feelings. Katsuki's a human and yet he's going to fight against such vampire. He may be a very talented vampire hunter but this is still a very dangerous job.

And Izuku hate the idea of seeing Katsuki coming back with injuries.

~~~

It would be a lie if Kaminari were to say that he's not afraid of being alone in the middle of the street. A few minutes ago, he was at the park with Kirishima and a few other hunters. Before everyone can go for the attack, the vampire throw knives at all of the streetlights around them. He couldn't see anything in the dark and that's how he got separated from the others.

To make things worse, their enemy this time is a pure blooded vampire whose special ability is unknown. A highly dangerous opponent.

Kaminari prayed that he won't run into that vampire. Facing a pure blooded vampire on your own is the same as throwing your own life away. But then again, it's not easy to run away from them.

"Um, are you alright?"

Kaminari screamed and whipped around, staring at a boy with black hair and eyes. He remembered seeing this guy with them in the park. In another words, this guy is also a vampire hunter like him. Letting out a relief sigh, Kaminari smiled nervously. "Oh, you're... Yamato from the third division right? Geez, don't scare me like that."

"Oh, Sorry about that." Yamato said.

"Did you got separated from your teammates too?"

"Yeah, it kind of suck but at least I'm not alone anymore."

"I know how you feel! It's freaking scary when you're hunting down a vampire on your own!" Kaminari nodded agreement and then he turn his back on Yamato. "Anyway, we better find the others quick."

Yamato's lips twitches upward into a creepy grin, showing off his fangs. Taking a pocket knife out from his pocket, he lift the knife above his head and swing it down, ready to stab the blond haired hunter and see blood spilling out. But...

The knife didn't reach Kaminari.

At the exact same timing, Kaminari turn around and he widen his eyes when he saw Yamato with a knife and a hooded person gripping the blade of the knife with bare hand. The hooded hissed in pain as the knife dig into his flesh and causing blood to flow from his palm and dripped onto the ground. Despite that, he refuse to let go.

Then Kaminari saw the fangs in Yamato's mouth.

This has to be some kind of a joke right? Yamato is a vampire hunter so why is he a vampire himself?

It was easy to tell that this hooded guy is a vampire as well since he has those sharp claws-like nails that can easily rip a person apart. It was really shocking to see that another vampire has shown up. But more than that, Kaminari couldn't believe what he's seeing.

A vampire just saved him from another vampire.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

165K 5.6K 14
Deku grows tired of being treated like Kacchan's enemy and decides to try his hardest to become his friend again. But, Kacchan mistakes Deku's forwa...
90.8K 2.7K 19
So izuku has a crush on Katsuki(Phyfe,obviously ),and has been meaning to tell him ,but the day when Izuku was gonna announce his feelings to katsuki...
176K 5.2K 17
Todoroki was recently turned into a vampire and is not taking the transformation well and notices that it's getting harder and harder to hide his new...
7.2K 111 16
✨ Izuku struggles to keep himself awake when reoccurring nightmares give him extreme paranoia to get the sleep he desperately needs. Katsuki took not...