The Emperor's Rose (GirlxGirl...

By themoonlightdemon

How would you react when the person you had one night stand with is actually the emperor of the country and y... More

1 | The One Night Stand
2 | Imperial Family
3 | Sexret
4 | The Offer
5 | Resistance
6 | Sudden Changes
7 | The Moon, The Earth & The Sun
8 | The Palace
9 | High & Mighty
10 | Let The Best Food Wins
11 | Alvia's Decisions
12 | Gralian's Forest
13 | Zimzalabimzi
14 | Roses
15 | Freedom
16 | The Date
17 | Her Majesty
18 | Such an Honour
19 | Au Revoir, Adios
20 | The Advisor's Secret
21 | Fire
22 | Bird in a Cage
23 | Tatiana
24 | Hope Is Coming
25 | The Announcement
26 | Feel Special
27 | The Ex-Boyfriend
28 | Who dat B
29 | You Make Everything Alright
30 | Refugees
31 | Make way! Duchess Kathryn is here
32 | Trouble In Paradise
33 | Empress For A Day
34 | Reali-tea
35 | A Night to Remember
36 | Dissolution
38 | For Our Children
39 | Risks
40 | Too Easy
41 | Justice
42 | Secret from the Past
43 | It's almost Time
44 | New Life Begins
45 | The Happy Ending

37 | Reunion Gone Wrong

12.1K 643 146
By themoonlightdemon

KATHRYN'S POV

Once again I ask myself as I awkwardly make myself comfortable.

Why am I at my high school reunion? Don't they recognise who I am? I know that I swore that I won't be attending any reunion that my school ever hosts but ... I don't know. When Genevieve told me that someone from my school contacted me, I just snapped.

Maybe I realised that this is my turn to show them that I am somebody. I mean, I'm going to be their fricking empress!

My high school experience was not what everyone expected. Partly because on my first day here, I went into a brawl with one of the popular seniors. Since then they made my life a living hell.

When she graduated, it gets worse because she basically poisons the other nobles to think that I just a filthy commoner. But then again, this is where I found love. Where I found Matt. He makes every day better. Whenever I was in a slump he's there to cheer me up.

But of course, when the incident happens where Matt tried to force himself to me because I keep telling him that I want to wait for a proper time, he just snapped.

Lucky for me I have a brother who keeps looking out for me. He manages to save me before anything bad happen.

"Kathryn Park? Is that you?"

"Refrain yourself from calling the duchess by her name," I place a hand on Genevieve's shoulder when she's making my friend uncomfortable.

"She's my friend," Genevieve apologised for her action towards my friend.

"So the rumours were right after all. You actually have your own bodyguard and advisor. My friend is going to be an empress," Why is she about to cry? I chuckle before giving her a hug.

"Wait! You're pregnant?" I asked.

"For the second time, yes," oh wow!

"May I?" I asked permission to touch her belly.

"Of course. I mean that's what everyone is doing tonight," she laughs. Whoa! Who would've thought that this friend of mine manages to get knocked up before anyone else who live their high school with a boyfriend or girlfriend?

"Duchess Kathryn, it wouldn't be a good picture if you continue to molesting this poor woman," I immediately remove my hand from Jennifer's belly.

"Genevieve! That's not nice," both Jennifer and I laugh.

"Look at what the cat dragged in. Miss Kathryn Park. I heard that you lure the emperor to sleep with you. Are you knocked up? Is that why the emperor choose you to be his wife?" I place both of my hands on the bodyguard and Genevieve's shoulder when they were about to teach that wench a lesson or two.

"Guys. We talk about this. There will be a lot of people like her tonight. I told you that my reputation when I was a high schooler was all that great. Besides, this woman married my ex-boyfriend," I give the woman in front of me a smile.

Genevieve gave me a look before facing the woman who suddenly attacks me with her words.

"Please be careful with what coming out from your mouth, ma'am. You're in the presence of the duchess. One slight comment about the duchess and the emperor, action will be taken. Please refrain from making both me and the bodyguard losing our patient," I clear my throat to gain their attention.

"That's enough. We should all try to enjoy this night. Okay? So Jennifer, how far along are you?" Before Jennifer could answer me, a voice surprised me.

"So, this is a high school reunion? Not bad," my eyes widen when Alvia suddenly made an appearance together with Freida and several guards who scatter around the gym.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're attending your high school reunion without a date? I would be glad to accompany you, my empress," It wasn't my attention to not letting her know where I was going.

She seems busy and I don't want to trouble her with this petty stuff. I mean it's just a high school reunion.

"Care to introduce me to your friends?" She literally pulls my body close to her when she wraps her hand around my waist. Is this her way of telling everyone to stay back?

"This is Jennifer. And I don't think I see Ashley anywhere,"

"My emperor," Jennifer was about to bow when Alvia stop her midway.

"You don't have to do that. Take good care of yourself and the baby," as Alvia talking animatedly with Jennifer, there is something that keeps bugging me since she appeared. Where did that woman go?

I know she's here together with Matt. Where are they now? I know I shouldn't be showing my fiancée off but hey, this is my chance.

"Is there anything I can help you with, my duchess?" Genevieve asked even she notice I seem to search for someone. Maybe they got spook when they came face to face with Alvia. I mean, if I hadn't known her, I would've seen her as an intimidating man as well.

She has some sort of aura when she's out in public. It's different than the ones she had when we're alone in our bedroom.

"If you're looking for your ex-boyfriend, he is by the buffet with his wife. She did just slander you in front of all the guests. I'm sure she's avoiding you as much as she can," I feel the grip of Alvia's hand tighten. 

"Care to dance?" Alvia suddenly asked.

"Now?"

"Yes, now," she didn't wait for my response when she guides me to the dance floor.

"I'm sure you know how to dance basic step," she places both of her hand on my waist while I place mine on her shoulder.

"Just let your body sway together with the music while keeping your eyes on me. Ignore everyone around you .... just look at me. Don't be shy, you're doing great," I can feel my body is moving together with the music. I feel so calm and peaceful while listening to Alvia's voice that I even close my eyes.

"I love you," she whispers into my ear as we dance in front of all my classmates.

***

"Alvia, this is Levi, my best friend. We basically grew up together since we're both neighbours as well," Alvia smile from ear to ear as she offers her hand for Levi to shake.

"We work as maids in Le Stella. She's the one who brought me to the night club," I whispered the last part loud enough just for Alvia to listen.

"Oh. Nice to finally meet you, Levi. Thank you for everything," Levi was confused when the emperor thanking her for some unknown reason. If only she knows what exactly happened that night.

"I guess so, your highness. Is it okay if I ask me you a couple of question?" Alvia nods her head.

"Did Kathryn treated you right, my emperor? She was known to be quite aggressive when it comes to something she believes in. Oh, the embarrassing stories I could tell!" Alvia laughs while I glare at my friend.

"Do tell. This is interesting," Levi started to tell a story about me when I was a senior. This particular story was one of my darkest secrets when I was in high school. I really don't want Alvia to know about this but it's too late to back out now. So, the story goes like this.

Its tradition for seniors to prank the teachers. Usually, they would do something outrageous such as changing the speech card the principal always prepare beforehand or put animals or surprises inside one of the teacher's cars. That's normal.

But I was not a normal student, to begin with. I'm the type of student who causes a lot of trouble for the faculty. So when it was time to prank the teachers, I went overboard. Just a bit.

I decided, to get back at my principal, I manage to take some of my father's industrial glue and spread it all over his desk and chair. It was a good laugh for us student because he was stuck on his desk until the school called for the fireman to help him out.

Of course, the teachers manage to pinpoint it was me who done it and I almost didn't graduate from school. Alvia's eyes widen when Levi told her that story.

"I can't believe you've done something like that. To your own teacher?" She just doesn't understand. Alvia's probably the goody two shoes in front of her teachers. She did say she can't afford to cause any trouble for herself.

"Oh my God. Look behind you. She used to be the hottest girl in school!" Huh? When I turn around, I see the person Levi meant.

"Oh her? Yea. She told everyone in school that she was a member of a nobility family. But, I mean come on. Why would you even go to this kind of school if you're from a noble family? There's the private academy for you," Alvia turns her gaze to the woman who walks into the gym together with her date.

"Oh! She is a member of the nobility. If I recall correctly, her name is ...." before Alvia could tell us her name, the woman who we spoke off suddenly greeted us together with her date.

"Emperor Alvia! And of course, Duchess Kathryn. No wonder I thought that your name seems familiar. It is you," of course it's me. Hold on, what is up with her being all polite with me?

Is it because Alvia is here?

"Lady Eleanora. It is a pleasant surprise to see you here. And this must be your future betrothed. I received the great news from your father. I'm looking forward to the wedding. Hello," the man bows at us both.

"Oh that's too kind, my emperor. I should be the one who should be looking forward to your wedding. Who would've thought that you would choose my classmate as the future empress? What a small world this is," they laugh.

Where does this politeness coming from? I never thought that she is capable of doing such a thing in the first place.

"Is there something in your mind, my lady?" I just got goosebumps.

"I know that our last interaction was not as pleasant as it seems. But I do apologise for what I've done with you and the rest of your friends. I look down on you guys when in reality you guys were the one who completely accepted me from who I am," if only I could get even closer to Alvia, I would.

This woman ... maybe she's being sincere but who knows. After what she's done to me and the others, I don't think anyone would gladly accept her apology.

"Of course I wouldn't expect you and the others to forgive me for what I've done," Alvia suddenly pats my back. I look up to her smiling at me. I know that look. She's giving me one of her lectures right now.

I bet she's telling me that as the future empress, I should be able to forgive those who do me wrong in the past. I'm sure that is what the look is trying to tell me.

"What happened in the past, stays in the past. We're both grown up now. There is no need for us to meddle with childish things," Eleonora gave me a little bow.

"I am grateful that we have no bad blood between us, my lady. If you would excuse us, I would like to fix my past with the rest of our classmates. Excuse me," they both bows before excusing themselves.

"I need to go to the ladies after that. I can't believe she changed so much and I'm not talking about her looks!" Levi was as surprised as I am.

"Me too. Let's go. I don't think I can hold it anymore," I let go of Alvia and went to the toilet with Levi. As we were both walking towards the ladies, one of Alvia's guard decided to follow us from behind. We both stop in our track and face the guards.

"There's no need for you to follow us,"

"I have to, my lady. It's for your own safety," I literally glare at Alvia who's talking animatedly with Freida and Genevieve.

"It's fine. Besides I'm going with my friend, Levi. If you follow us, it's would make the other ladies feel uncomfortable. I mean come on, this was my school after all. And if, and only if something happens, I'm sure all of you can hear me screaming for help. Now, just wait here by the gym entrance," he seems reluctant but he agreed with my terms.

"Good. Now let's go before I make a scene," I literally grab Levi by the wrist and went to the ladies bathroom.

Surprisingly, the toilet seems empty for some reason but I don't care. I need to release whatever I need to release before it turns ugly.

"Oh my God!" I heard Levi commented.

"Shut up! I think it was something I ate from the food tasting earlier. Planning a wedding needs so much work, you know,"

"Oh, I don't know. I don't even have a boyfriend," there she goes again. I don't know why she's not searching for one. She such a beautiful woman and I'm sure she will easily land herself a responsible man.

After I'm done, I find it weird that Levi didn't reply to me when I called for her name. Don't tell me that she just ditch me here!

When I open the stool door, the first thing that my eyes landed on was Levi laying face first on the floor, bleeding from her head.

"Levi!" I called out and went to see if she's alright. It was at that moment I saw a woman standing by the door holding a bloody baseball bat. And I know who she is.

"Eleonora?! What's going on? What have you done to Levi?!" I begin to panic.

"HELP! Someone! Please help!" I try to call out from the guard from earlier but no one ever came.

"It's futile. I asked the DJ to put on some music that will drown your voice from ever be heard by your precious emperor. You're living quite the life there at the palace huh?" I knew it! It's too good to be true.

"I'm sorry if I hurt you but, Nicholas and Rebecca need to see you in person," with a grin across her face, she swings the baseball bat and hit my head hard.

"Don't worry, I didn't hit your face. Nicholas wouldn't be happy if I did," with that said, I lost my consciousness as my visions were blurred by the sight of my own blood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6K 221 42
The crazy Emperor wants to kill me because he thought I was his wife that betrayed him. *** Suddenly, he drew his sword, pointing it directly to my v...
334K 10.6K 31
Male Omegas are a rare sight and highly revered amung the nobles. It is believed that they produce superior offspring. So, when Emperor Enji Todoroki...
6.9K 238 9
(Y/N) aka you are a Blue emperor penguin, a unique species and proclaimed as the last of your kind due to there being no more Blue emperors anymore...
185 17 5
Martha amasses only one thought since she was a child.Whilist other children had dreams of becoming high standard professionals, Martha only daydream...