GAMES BY DIM LIGHT || Mature...

By MireyaZachani

Sixteen years ago, Melanie was supposed to be crashing a party on her birthday with her friend. It was a week... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24.
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
Author's Note
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55
CHAPTER 56
CHAPTER 57
CHAPTER 58
CHAPTER 59
CHAPTER 60
CHAPTER 61
Author's Note
CHAPTER 62
CHAPTER 63
CHAPTER 64
CHAPTER 65
CHAPTER 67
CHAPTER 68
CHAPTER 69
CHAPTER 70
Note Of Thanks

CHAPTER 66

220 39 4
By MireyaZachani

A Month Later

Derrick's POV

"I'm getting married, Derrick."
She repeated it to me. I was so stunned, I thought I didn't  hear right. But it was true.

My hearing abilities weren't playing tricks on me. She was indeed getting married.

I looked around the hall as lovers were pairing up already to dance to the new song. I remembered this was actually us few months ago when I had asked her to dance.

How could that memory be flushed out like that? What happened to it?

I didn't expect to hear this news. We had a future. Or maybe all that was just in my head.

"What?"
I asked the second time.

She sighed and looked around as if looking for a way to walk out on me. "I said I'm getting married. I've said that three time already."

"Getting married? And you get to tell me now? Wait. . . How. . .Who?"

She stared at me for what seemed to be a long time.
"Henry asked me to marry him. And I said yes."

That was the drop of the final bomb.

<<<<<< A Month Earlier  ( Before The Scandal) <<<<<<

Melanie's POV

"How were you able to plan all of this? This is beautiful."
Derrick said.

I laughed, looking around the wonder of my work with Maya. And I did get a little help from Jenna. If you would define help as following me around the malls - which I practically dragged her all the way with me - a sign of helping.

"Really? You like?"

"I love. And I can tell that she likes it too."
He nodded towards his mum.

"She helped. Of course she would like it."
I told him..

"Ah, no wonder." He grinned and looked down at my outfit. "You are beautiful, Melanie."

I felt my cheeks burn. "Thank you." I turned around in search of TJ. Wouldn't want him wandering around the beach and get lost. He was few feet away, with a little boy whom must be a child of one of the lady with Jamal. She's a single mother just like me and came for a vacation with her son. I won't be surprised if Jamal has a tryst with that lady. And she strikes me like the kind who actually knows what she's doing.

"Uh. . .I have to tell you something. Maybe later?"

I nodded. "Sure."

"And here they are!"
Jamal shouted with his arms around a young lady he just met at the beach and invited to have a party with them.

Everyone turned around to where he was pointing at. I grinned at the sight of Tammy and Lucas, making their way towards us.

I could tell from how Tammy glowed that the vacation really did her good. And as impatient as I have been since Derrick told me that Tammy has said yes to Lucas, I ran towards her and threw my arms around her in a tight hug.

"I've missed you!"
I said.

She laughed. "Me too, babe."

"You haven't missed me? I'm hurt?"
Lucas said, pouting.

I laughed and gave him a hug as well. "You are not hard to miss, Lucas."

He grinned. "How have you been, Mel?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but Maya beat me to it. Lucas walked up to her. "It is good to see you again, Mrs. Jacobs. How have you been?"

"Healthy. As always."
She said and shrugged.

My guess; Lucas doesn't know of Maya's cancer. I turned to Tammy, who held my hand and made me face her, my attention strayed from Lucas and the Jacobs.
"He proposed."
She whispered.

I looked down at her finger and smiled. I tried to act surprised even though I wasn't, just for fun. And so Derrick doesn't get tagged as the big mouth.
"Oh, my God. This is beautiful. Congratulations."
I gave her a hug.

I looked up when Jenna walked up to us and pulled Tammy in a hug that made her obviously surprised.
"Wow. Nice to meet you too, Jenna."
Tammy said. "You missed me this much and couldn't call? Typical."

Jenna shrugged. "I missed picking fights with you all the time."

Tammy turned her surprised gaze to me.

"When is the wedding?"
I asked.

"You know what? I have to say hello to Mrs. Jacobs. We will talk as much as we want. I have lots of gists for you."
Tammy said to me and ran off to see Maya.

I sighed. "Awwn. That's so romantic. I heard it happened as a big surprise. If that happened to me, I would kiss the guy silly."

"I hate surprises. I'll definitely kill him."
She said and I turned to her.

"Honestly? I don't know what planet you came from."
I told her. I stood with Jenna, watching the hugs and laughter from the Jacobs to the engaged couple.

"I'm sorry I'm late. Hope I didn't miss anything?"
I turned around to find Lala struggling to hold her hair with a rubber band, with Heart beside her trying to get the bag she was also struggling with.
"Thank you."
She said to him.

"You made it right on time. Tammy and Lucas just arrived."
I told her.

"Oh my God. Tammy is back?"

I nodded, sharing in her excitement. "And engaged."

"Say God! This is good news. Who's the lucky man?"

"Lucas. Who else?"
Jenna said and rolled her eyes.

Lala turned to give her the death stare and turned back to me. Honestly, I don't think I can ever get these two to like each other. "Oh, let  me say hello to them. I'll be right back."
She scrambled off to the others.

"Hello, Heart. Fancy seeing you here." I said.

He nodded. "Yes, I needed the air. Besides, I took a month leave from work. Lala dragged me here."

"It is worth it."
I said.

He turned to Jenna but she turned around as soon as he opened his mouth to speak, it seemed like it happen coincidentally. But I know better.

"Tammy, can I get one of those?!"
She called after Tammy.

"She's just. . ."

He nodded. "I know. Come on. No need to spoil the fun."
He said, smiling.

~•°•~

"And he took out the box, I was so stunned and so fucking excited, I wanted to fall off my chair."
Tammy explained at the table during lunch at the beach house and everyone laughed.

Lucas smiled, spinning his glass of wine and listening to how Tammy expressed her excitement. I didn't know she was this in love with him, with how excited she is right now, talking about Lucas's proposal.

"Why wasn't I there?" AJ exclaimed, buried her face in her palms and groaned. "Lucas, you have done the unthinkable to me."
She said.

"Babe, it was magical. I never knew he was going to propose. It happened so fast and all of a sudden. . .Boom! It happened."
Tammy said and everyone laughed. The doorbell rang and AJ rushed to get it as there was no butler at the beach house this time.

"Congrats, honey. You deserve to be happy, just like every other person at this table. Now, I'm happy to be witnessing two engagements at a time."
Maya said, smiling.

There was a brief silence at the table as everyone looked at one another.

"Who else is getting married?"
Lucas asked.

"Oh, they didn't tell you?" Jenna asked.

"Jenna."
I told her.

Maya laughed. She wouldn't know why I was giving Jenna the eyes. "Oh, come on, dearie. It won't hurt to tell them, so they celebrate with you too, would it?"
Maya said to me.

"Mum. . ."
Derrick began.

"I don't understand."
Tammy cut in.

AJ'S  POV

I opened the door with a smile, knowing whom it was. His face has always been on my mind for a while now. Although, I had in mind of making sure he came to this party with me, but he had work to do.

I simply waited for him to arrive, giving him the address.

"Right on time."
I said, giving him a hug.

"Really? I thought I came late." He asked while we proceeded into the house to the dinning area.

"Uh, you did. But in a way, you came in while we are having lunch, so you can join in the fun."

"Ah, I love that kind of fun." He said and I laughed.

"I don't understand." I heard Tammy say.

I turned to him and smiled. He returned the smile. "I want you to meet the entire family. My friends just returned from Abroad and their getting married."

"Wow, that's great."
He said.

I opened the door.

"Melanie and Derrick are getting married too."
Maya said.

I paused at the door as soon as we stepped in.

Uh-Oh. This isn't how I wanted it to happen.

The room went silent for a while, until everyone turned to us. They must have programmed it in their heads.

"Who is the guest?"
Maya said, smiling.

"Um, this is. . ." I began.

"Henry?"
Melanie cut in. She stood up with a shocked gaze. "What are you doing here?"

"Melanie?" He said. He looked around the room and locked gaze with Derrick. "Wait. . . Melanie and Derrick?"
He asked. Then looked up at Melanie. "You're getting married to him?"
Henry asked.

I turned to Melanie.She looked at me, confused. I didn't want to see her like this. But I have to do what I have to do.

"Henry, wait. This is all not what you think."

Henry turned to AJ. "Ann, what is going on? How do you know them?"

"Hold on. Ann?" Jenna asked. "Who the fuck is Ann? She told you her name is Ann?" Jenna said and scoffed.

"What is going on here?"
Maya asked.

"My thoughts exactly."
Tammy said.

"You're not Ann?"
Henry asked me.

Fuck the bitch!

"Henry, let me explain. . ."

"Explain what, you slimy little bitch?!"
Jenna snapped. "Look at what you're doing! You invited Henry when you're aware that he is dating Melanie. And to think that you changed your name? That's very low of you, AJ. Not your style."
Jenna said and shook her head.

"AJ?" Henry asked. "You said your name is Ann. You're related to Derrick?"

"Okay, can someone tell me what the fuck is going on?!"
Tammy exclaimed.

Melanie rushed out after Henry. I sank into my chair and sighed. It is done. I hope.

"Derrick? Upstairs."
Maya said and left the room.

"Wow, AJ. You are a certified bitch."
Lala said.

Please, don't forget to vote and leave your comments.
Love,
Mireya💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.3K 4.4K 68
She is beautiful. He is handsome. She is rich and kind. He is wealthy and arrogant. She believes in love and finding her soulmate. He hates love and...
95.5K 3.4K 21
Anna is a perfect 18 years old girl with perfect grades. She is popular in school and has many friends. She's beautiful and feisty. She lives in an a...
94.9K 2.7K 34
We all know that starting the next stage of Education is hard, things like moving to a new area and being a freshmen in college. Well, that explains...
25.7K 566 32
My life was a whirlwind of privilege and innocence until everything changed. As the only child of wealthy parents, I'd always had everything I needed...