Now Watching: Kimetsu no Yaiba

By GoldenFang17

Tanjiro, Inosuke, and Zenitsu were rescued by Shinobu and Tomioka after their mission on Mt. Natagumo. While... More

Why are we here?
Cruelty
Trainer Sakonji Urokodaki
Visit the other world.
Sabito and Makomo
My Own Steel
Swordsman Accompanying a Demon
Muzan Kibutsuji
The Smell of Enchanting Blood
Temari Demon and Arrow Demon
Together Forever
Tsuzumi Mansion
The Boar Bares Its Fangs, Zenitsu Sleeps
Something More Important than Life
The House with The Wisteria Family Crest
Mount Natagumo
Letting Someone Else Go First
You Must Learn a Single Thing
A Forged Bond
Hinokami
Pretend Family
Against Corps Rules
Master of the Mansion
Hashira Meeting
Rehabilitation Training
Tsuguko, Kanao Tsuyuri
New Mission
Memes and Fanarts Pt. 1
Memes and Fanarts Pt.2
Memes and Fanarts Pt.3
Memes and Fanarts Pt.4
Memes and Fanarts Pt.5
Kimetsu Radio Pt.1
Kimetsu Radio Pt. 2
Kimetsu Radio Pt.2 (Continuation)
Kimetsu Radio Pt.3
Warning From The Future
Infinity Train Movie: Part 1
Infinity Train Movie: Part 2
Sound Hashira Tengen Uzui
Infiltrating the Entertainment District
What Are You?
Tonight
Things Are Gonna Get Really Flashy!

Final Selection

42K 652 961
By GoldenFang17

The screen now shows the title "Final Selection."

"Final Selection? So we are going to Tanjiro in his first appearance in killing the demons for the first time?" Oyakata said when suddenly, his family shown up via portal.

"Father!" The children of Oyakata exclaimed as they see their father cured in full health.

"Izuku sama, thank you for bringing my family with us in here." Oyakata said.

"You're welcome. I want to see them how good you are in a complete health state!" Izuku replied.

"Y-You sliced that boulder?! But... you slashed Sabito's mask! What is going on?!" Zenitsu said.

"I can't explain it too in my own words as well." Tanjiro replied.

"There is something creepy about that Sabito guy! Can you tell us about some info about it Giyu?!" Sanemi asked with impatience. Giyu didn't flinched nor reacted from anyone's expression on Tanjiro slicing the boulder into two.

"Giyu might know where Sabito is... but I think he doesn't want us to know something. Is he hiding something to us?" Tokito asked.

"Izuku hates spoilers, so he doesn't want to talk. Or he is just like that." Shinobu replied.

'The reason I won was because I learned to detect the scent of the opening thread. When I'm battling someone, and I pick up this scent, then I can see the thread. The thread is connected from my blade to my opponent's opening, growing taut the instant I see it.' Tanjiro narrated as the screen shows Tanjiro with the opening thread in his blade and its connected in Sabito's mask and slashing him with it.

'My blade is drawn toward it with great force, and then I slash the opening.' Tanjiro ended and shown Sabito's mask sliced into two but in reality, it was the boulder which was sliced into two.

"I can't believe that those dead person like Sabito and Makomo taught me how to improve my mistakes in that time before. I really thank them for everything because of their teachings into me." Tanjiro whispered to Urokodaki.

"Me too. I can't utter any reactions after I saw you sliced that boulder. And it is because of those two dead children. Hope they got the peace and rest that they dream for too long." Urokodaki whispered back.

Tanjiro still looked on the boulder and can't believed that he did the task Urokodaki ordered to him. Urokodaki's footsteps can be heard as he approached the boulder that he prepared for Tanjiro.

"Mr. Urokodaki... " Tanjiro uttered.

"I have no intention of sending you to the Final Selection." Urokodaki said.

"But he managed to slice the boulder?! Why does he..." Nezuko was interrupted by Tanjiro.

"He's not yet done talking. He has a reason why he said that. Me too, I was afraid that he won't let me go to the Final Selection as well." Tanjiro replied.

"I didn't want to see children die anymore. I was sure you wouldn't be able to slice this boulder, but... Well done, my boy!" Urokodaki said while tapping Tanjiro's head.

"Oh. Forgive me, Mr. Urokodaki." Nezuko said.

"It's okay. I understand why you get all of a sudden because of that." Urokodaki replied.

"I consider him still as a weakling! Even if he sliced that boulder." Genya sputtered.

"What did Tamaboko did to you scarred dunce?! You didn't even know Monijiro well but you act like you have known him already?!" Inosuke replied back.

"Yeah! I really know that scumbag before!" Genya replied.

"When?!" Inosuke asked with frustration.

"Sanemi, you and your brother must be careful on treating others. You must be aware that we are here to change our mistakes and our wrong suspicions on Tanjiro so that we can accept him and his sister who's a demon right now into the corps. Are we clear?" Oyakata asked.

"I will, Oyakata sama! Let me handle my younger brother later." Sanemi replied as he glared Genya with a death stare and Genya's spine was shivered to death after seeing the glare from his older brother.

"Tanjiro, you're a remarkable kid!" Urokodaki added. Tanjiro started to cry and he was hugged by Urokodaki.

"Make sure you come back alive from Final Selection. Both your sister and I will be waiting for you here." Urokodaki said.

"Aaaaawww! How adorable!" Kanroji exclaimed.

"Thank you for those words Mr. Urokodaki. With those words of yours, I was motivated well in the Final Selection." Tanjiro said.

"You deserved that. Since you really worked hard for you to slice that boulder, you deserve also to be in the Final Selection as well." Urokodaki replied.

Fried Fish and a hot pot can be seen cooked on the screen as Urokodaki cooked food for themselves.

"Wow! What's the occasion? There's so much?" Tanjiro asked with amazement.

"You've completed all your training, so we're celebrating. Don't be shy. Eat up." Urokodaki said while offering Tanjiro a bowl of hot pot.

"Thank you very much!" Tanjiro replied and he started to eat.

"I miss the cooks of mom as well. Sad to say but, she died." Nezuko said.

"Hey! I almost forgot, I must bring food to you all in here! *snap!* " Izuku exclaimed as a table of food and snacks appeared in the side of the viewers and made everyone drooled into it.

"You may eat while watching. Nezuko must be really hungry for a long time, don't ya? Now go eat and enjoy!" Izuku exclaimed. Everyone rushed into the table and took some food in the table and brought it to their seats.

"Thank you, Izuku sama!!" Everyone yelled.

"Tanjiro, there's nothing more I can do for you. From here on out, you'll be going through such hardship and strife. Your training will seem like nothing in comparison. So, for now, at least, you should rest well without a care in the world.' Urokodaki thought.

Tanjiro cuts his long hair and tries to regain his old hairstyle back. Urokodaki was busy fixing Tanjiro's dress.

"Hey, Tanjiro..." Urokodaki said.

"Yes?" Tanjiro asked.

"Did you enjoy that hot pot?" Urokodaki asked.

"Yes! I haven't had such a feast in so long!" Tanjiro replied.

"Of course he can't because of thinking how to bring Nezuko back to human as well. And also, he has no time for cooking or buying themselves some delicious foods due to their situation. You should treat this as a reward for your training Tanjiro." Izuku said.

"Thank you Izuku!" Tanjiro replied.

"He and Tanjiro has the same looks with their smiles! What do you think Kocho?" Kanroji asked.

"Yes. I can see in Tanjiro's smile the shine of daylight. I hope my older sister can meet Tanjiro so that she can see how beautiful Tanjiro's personality is for everyone." Shinobu replied.

"Izuku's smile makes my heart warm!" Kanroji exclaimed.

"What?" Izuku asked while eating some rice balls.

"N-Nothing!!" Kanroji replied and started to eat her 185th bowl of Hot pot.

"A growing boy like you with a hearty appetite should get stronger the more he eats, as well as grow bigger in size. But that goes for demons, too. Remember this. Basically, a demon is as strong as the number of humans he's devoured." Urokodaki said.

"So, the more they eat, the stronger they get?" Tanjiro asked.

"That's right. There are demons who gain power, become able to transform their bodies, and even use strange spells. When your sense of smell becomes keener, you'll be able to tell how many humans a demon's consumed." Urokodaki said as he offered Tanjiro a fox mask like Sabito's mask earlier.

"What's this?" Tanjiro asked.

"It's called a warding mask. I've charged it with a spell to protect you from harm." Urokodaki said.

"Warding mask..." Tanjiro stuttered.

"That mask also was special because unlike Sabito and Makomo's masks, your mask has a special power into it." Urokodaki said.

"But, I lost it in the battle in the Final Selection. I'm sorry." Tanjiro said.

"No need to worry. For as long as you are safe, I am fine with it." Urokodaki replied.

Morning came the next day. Tanjiro wears the Kimono that Urokodaki offered to him and he approached Nezuko's room to see her condition.

"Nezuko... I'm coming back here no matter what, all right?" Tanjiro said while hugging his sister's hand.

"Don't worry about your sister. I'll take good care of her." Urokodaki said.

"All right! Thank you very much! I'll be going then, Mr. Urokodaki!" Tanjiro said and waved his hands on Urokodaki who waved back to him.

"Say hello to Sabito and Makomo for me!" Tanjiro yelled from far away.

Urokodaki stopped his waving at him after hearing those names.

"Tanjiro...How do you... know the names of those dead children?" Urokodaki asked.

"WHAAAAAAT?! THEY'RE DEAAAAAD?!" Everyone reacted except Oyakata, Tanjiro, Giyu, and Urokodaki.

"S-S-So you... t-t-trained with a GHOST?!" Zenitsu asked yellingly.

"But, his sword and Tanjiro's collided earlier! But how did that happen?! Impossible!" Sanemi yelled.

"And Makomo, so sad to see her dead. My heart..." Tokito sighed.

"You like her?" Izuku asked.

"I-I don't know." Tokito replied.

"H-How did they died?! I cannot accept this crap!" Zenitsu added.

Night time came, Tanjiro walked under the wisteria flowers. which have glowed his path towards

'Wow. Look at all these wisteria flowers. Even though they're out of season...' Tanjiro thought. He soon arrived at the meeting area of the slayers who will be trying themselves to be accepted in the final selection, Kanao, Zenitsu with some dirt and bruises in his face and Genya with his signature looks have appeared on the screen.

"Zenitsu, what happened to you may I ask? You look so beaten and down on that time?" Nezuko asked.

"Yeah, because of my training, I got those dirts and bruises. Actually I don't want to join in the Demon Slayer Corps because I'm a weakling but, my trainer boosts my confidence to join in the corps so that my hidden talent would not be put into waste. And also, he beats me on that time because I really don't want to join in the Final Selection." Zenitsu replied.

"How you can say you're a weakling? You can't say that you are weak if you passed the Final Selection. By the way, I haven't seen your forms and your way of killing demons? What it looks like?" Tanjiro asked.

"Amazing!!" Izuku exclaimed.

"Y-You know?!" Zenitsu asked.

"Like what I said, I saw already everything happened into your life until Shinobu and Giyu saved your asses from those spider family whipwracks. And also, I've peeked some things in the future which you will see later!" Izuku replied.

'Can't wait what happened to our lives in the future!' Everyone thought.

'There are so many.' Tanjiro thought while walking into the crowd of the applicants in the selection.

"Everyone... we thank you for coming here tonight. To the Demon Slayer Corps Final Selection." Hinaki and Nichika both said in Unison.

"Look, it's the daughters of Oyakata sama." Iguro said.

"They're scary when they both talk in unison. So creepy!" Zenitsu whispered to Tanjiro who just facepalmed him.

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt. Fujikasane, captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave." Hinaki said.

"That is because wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms year-around from the bottom to halfway up the mountain." Nichika said.

"However, there is no wisteria from this point on, and so demons abound." Hinaki said.

"You'll need to survive here for seven days to pass Final Selection." Nichika said.

"And now, be on your way." They both said.

"Seven days?! I thought in that time that how could you survive in seven days if you cannot eat food, take a rest? You guys are so amazing!" Izuku said.

"Thank you Izuku! Actually because of our goal to kill the demons makes us not worry on our health. But thank you for reminding us about that." Tanjiro said.

"Izuku sama, is there a swordsman in your world?" Oyakata asked.

"Uhm. How should I say this but, yeah there is, but he is an enemy of ours. He is a swordsman with a magnificent quirk on his arsenal." Izuku said.

"How can you say that with his great usage of swords, his quirk is also a magnificent one?" Shinobu asked.

"Once he gets your blood and he licks it, your body will be paralyzed and unable to move for too long. Depending on your blood type." Izuku replied.

"WHAAAAAT?!" Everyone yelled.

"Did you say... by licking his victim's blood, he can disable his enemies and kill them without effort?!" Sanemi asked.

"Such a dangerous swordsman. But if he acts like not a villain in your world, he can be a great ally actually." Urokodaki said.

"If he is in our world, maybe he can disable Muzan if he licks his blood. What can you say?" Uzui asked.

"Maybe, but me, Shoto and Iida managed to defeat him even we get paralyzed many times." Izuku replied.

"MANY TIMES?!" Everyone yelled once again.

"Good thing you didn't die! Can we see his face? That swordsman you say?" Kanroji asked.

"This is the face of the Devil." Izuku coldly said as he snapped his fingers and the screen shown Stain's face.

"His name is Chizome Akaguro. Also known as "The Hero Killer: Stain." Izuku said.

"H-Hero killer?! But why?!" Tanjiro asked.

"He hates the heroes in our society because he thinks of them as fake and using the hero name for fame and money. He considered All Might and me as the only true heroes but we still defeated him even if he will not kill us. Right now, he is in Tartarus, a prison in our world." Izuku replied.

"So he just wants to clean the society full of fake heroes according to his own view of them. Such a disgraceful act." Oyakata said.

"His face, such a creepy one!" Nezuko whined.

'Survive for seven days... That's all I'm going to think about.' Tanjiro thought while running and hides himself in the rock.

'First, I'm going to survive tonight. Once the sun comes up, the demons won't be able to do anything, so I can get some rest then. So, I'll have to head east! I'm gonna make my way to where the sunlighy will hit first!' Tanjiro thought while running.

"Tanjiro has a great thinking on how to solve the problem of surviving in seven days. He can be a Hashira like you, Giyu." Urokodaki said. Tomioka smiled and agreed with his teacher's words.

Tanjiro suddenly stopped and prepared to draw his sword when his sense of smell halted him.

'This smell... it's a demon! And it's nearby!' Tanjiro thought.

Tanjiro slowly turned his head around to find the demon that he have detected.

'Where? Where's it coming from? I can't pinpoint the direction of the scent!' Tanjiro thought when suddenly, he realized that the demon is in above him.

"From above?" Tanjiro asked as the demon quickly attacked him but Tanjiro dodged quickly from the demon. The demon shows its tongue on Tanjiro and another Demon from behind suddenly attacks Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro, behind you!!" Everyone except Tanjiro yelled.

Tanjiro realized that a demon attacked from behind and blocked his hand with his sword and was sent away due to the demon's blocked attack.

"Damn you!" The first demon yelled on the second demon who attacked Tanjiro and attacked it.

"Don't even try to grab my prey, man!" F Demon said.

"Get off my turf, dammit!" S Demon yelled back.

"What the hell? Now they're fighting because of a prey." Tokito said.

"And, they will be killed by it. Mark my words." Kanroji added.

"The hell with you! Just beat it!" F Demon said.

'Two of them right from the get go? I wonder if I can take them!' Tanjiro thought.

"That's my prey, you know!" F Demon said.

"Shut up! It's first come, first served!" S Demon replied as both of them attacked Tanjiro. Tanjiro blocked their attacks and was kicked by the demon but with his guard on.

'I'm okay! Just calm down and watch their movements! Remember the training!' Tanjiro thought.

"It's been ages since I last had human flesh!" F Demon said.

"Good thing you didn't die. Due to starving. Oh yeah, because you're demons." Izuku said.

"Even if they don't eat for too long, their life span is still longer than us humans and starving for them is nothing." Urokodaki said.

'Total Concentration! Water Breathing!' Tanjiro thought while breathing. The thread that connects to the demons' weakpoints have shown up.

'The scent of the thread! Fourth Form! Striking Tide!' Tanjiro thought as he kills the demons with the Striking Tide form of the Water Breathing style.

"See?!" Kanroji exclaimed.

"Amazing work, Tanjiro!" Zenitsu said.

"Thank you Zenitsu. Because of my training, I successfully killed them with that form of the Water Breathing." Tanjiro thought.

'I did it! I defeated demons! I've grown stronger! All that training wasn't for nothing! I've mastered it!' Tanjiro thought while crying.

"Awww. You deserve that Tanjiro, despite of all the struggles before, you now managed to defeat those demons easy as right now." Kanroji said.

"Thank you, Kanroji san!" Tanjiro replied.

'If I slash a demon with the sword Mr. Urokodaku gave me, not even the bones are left behind, huh?' Tanjiro added.

'A demon's weakspot is the neck! But you can't kill it with a nornal sword even if you slash its neck.' Urokodaki said in a flashback.

'Then, how can I take it down?' Tanjiro asked.

'The swords wielded by the Demon Slayer Corps were forged with a special kind of steel. That's the only way to kill a demon. They're called the "Nichirin Swords." Urokodaki said as the flashback ended.

Tanjiro hid his sword and folds his hands to the dead demons whose bodies have faded.

'Rest in Peace.' Tanjiro thought.

"Why are you giving those monsters those kind of thoughts?! They don't deserve such kind of an act from people like you! You should stop that!" Sanemi angrily yelled.

"But they were humans before! They deserve that even they died as demons so that they won't forget they're origins and remind them that they are now resting in peace as a respect." Tanjiro thought.

"I may agree to you kid but, Sanemi has a point. Those demons don't deserve such kind of respect from you after killing them. Unless if its a good demon who was forced to be a demon and shown you kindness after they were killed. But those two are different, they are just bunch of idiots." Iguro said.

Tanjiro stopped folding his hands when he smells a rotten smell from out of nowhere.

"What's this rotten smell?" Tanjiro asked while covering his nose when suddenly, a man's voice yelling from behind as he was chased by something.

"No one ever told me! I never signed up for this!" The man said.

"Such a crybaby! Then why you joined the Final Selection, you bastard!!" Inosuke angrily yelled.

"Final Selection is for the bravest, not for the cowards!" Sanemi added.

"And also, running from your own death is not a good reason. He should give himself a try to fight the thing that chases him." Shinobu added.

"It's not that easy to defeat if I'm gonna be asked." Tanjiro said.

"What do you mean?" Shinobu asked.

Tanjiro breathes heavily behind the tree and fear can be seen in his face after smelling the rotten smell. He glanced a little and he saw a huge demon with many hands wrapped on its body and walking heavily towards the running slayer.

'What the hell is that?' Tanjiro thought.

"Because of Sabito's death, the light in my eyes lost. I admit, he is way better than me but, he lost to a demon without me. If I were on him that time, he should not have tasted death." Giyu said.

"I see. So that's why your looks give people the aura of not liking you back." Shinobu whispered on Giyu but Giyu's aura increases as his anger starts to overwhelm him. Shinobu nervously walked away from Giyu.

"I'm sorry, Tomioka san. I should have put my words on the right timing next time.  Hope you forgive me." Shinobu said with a sincere smile but Giyu's reaction still remained.

"Hey Shinobu, do you like Giyu? It seems that you are getting close to his nerves lately. Even your real personality on him boils your soul as well." Izuku asked on Shinobu who blushed after hearing Izuku's question.

"Why would I like someone if I don't really like him? And also, we are slaying demons for good and not looking someone to marry with in the future." Shinobu replied but the blush is still reddening her face.

"Uhuh." Izuku replied with a huge grin.

'Damn! Why is this happening? I like him but his personality makes me angry. Damn it Giyu!' Shinobi thought.

"Hey, Sabito... Do you think Tanjiro can beat that one?" Makomo asked.

"I don't know. No matter how hard you try, it's never enough. You know that well yourself, don't you?" Sabito said.

"Those two again! Are they alive?!" Nezuko asked.

"Let's say that its their souls. They are waiting for someone to defeat the monster that killed them. And you may know who did that." Izuku replied.

Everyone looked on Tanjiro as they have the assumption of him, defeating the monster, even if he is still a newbie slayer of the corps.

"T-This kid... defeated that freak?" Uzui asked.

"And he is still new on killing real demons on that time? Amazing!" Kanroji said.

"This kid is not a weakling like what they say!" Rengoku added.

'Tanjiro, thank you for defeating that demon. Even if I haven't saw its death yet, I am already happy that you have killed it.' Giyu thought.

The running slayer tripped down by a tree after running from the morph demon.

"What's this morphed demon doing here anyway? They didn't tell us!" He said.

The morphed demon was holding a slayer which its victim on his hand and eats it.

'He got eaten!' Tanjiro thought.

"AAAAAAAAHHH! SO SCARRRY!!!" Zenitsu yelled.

"That monster..." Urokodaki said.

"Merciless." Oyakata said.

The slayer ran away from the monster but was caught on its legs and was pulled away. Tanjiro saw it and was hesitating if he's gonna save it or not.

'Dont wimp out! Save him! Save him! Save him! I'm not powerless anymore! Move! Water Breathing, Second Form! Water Wheel!' Tanjiro thought as he spinned vertically to slice the hand of the demon that holds the running slayer and making it free from the demon's touch.

"Another sweet little fox has come to me." The morphed demon said.

"Another?" Gyomei asked.

"That demon... he is the one responsible for killing my students way back then!" Urokodaki yelled.

"If Sabito didn't let me retreat on that time, I may have saved him on that time." Giyu muttered.

"But past is past. We should move forward and forget every sad events that occured in our lives before." Izuku said.

"Another?" Tanjiro asked.

"Little fox club, what is the year of Meiji now?" The morphed demon asked.

"It's the Taisho Period now!" Tanjiro replied.

"Taisho? RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! Holy crap!! Time has passed into a new period?! Again! Again while I've been held prisoner inside this place! AAAAAARGHHH Unforgivable! Unforgivable! Damn you, Urokodaki! Damn you, Urokodaki! Damn you, Urokodaki! Damn you, Urokodaki!" The demon whined.

"Why is he angry at you, Mr. Urokodaki?" Nezuko asked.

"I'm the one who caught that demon and sent it to Mt. Fujikasane to be used as a training mechanism in the Final Selection." Urokodaki said.

"I see. And also, his way of revenge for you is to kill and eat all of your students?" Kanroji said.

"Yes it is. But I didn't expected that demon to grow larger and more powerful than before. I caught it once before and has a form of a human before. So he really powered up and turned into a morph demon." Urokodaki said.

"If I was still strong enough, I should have killed that demon!" Giyu exclaimed.

"But Giyu, you told me that Sabito ordered you to stay away in the Final Selection since you were injured badly and also, he promised to kill that demon for the both of you. Sabito just saved you from death." Urokodaki said.

"Still not enough reason to let him die! I was a fool before! Why did I deserve this position of mine, even if I didn't save the person who motivated me to be a demon slayer?!" Giyu yelled.

"Giyu, I know it's hard for you to experience and remember those bad things in the past. But remember, Sabito just did that for your sake. And also, he also told you that if you will die for him, you and him will not be friends anymore. Am I right?" Izuku whispered on Giyu and remembered what Sabito said to him before and holds his cheeks. (I know its a spoiler but, if you don't want to spoil the chapter in manga about this statement, then this wouldn't count as a spoiler. Unless...)

"How do you know Mr. Urokodaki?" Tanjiro asked.

"I know him, all right! Because Urokodaki is the one who captured me! I'll never forget that day 47 years ago! Back when he was still hunting demons! It was the Edo Period during the Keio Era." The morphed demon replied.

"Hunting demons? Edo Period?" Tanjiro asked.

"He was hunted from a long time ago. No wonder how he got that form of his in the present by eating all of those students of Urokodaki in the Final Selection." Izuku said.

"So this demon has lived longer than us then. And the worse thing is, Urokodaki san didn't know that this demon can morph and grew large in size. So bad for those victims of that demon." Rengoku said.

"Poor kids, being eaten by that monster makes me pity of them. Namu Amida Butsu." Gyomei said.

"You're lying! No demon has ever lived that long! The only demons in here should be the one who've eaten just two or three humans! They don't live because they're killed during Final Selection, and even eat their own kind!" The coward slayer said.

"This kid must be stupid as he is. He haven't met the demons before neither his family also. So that's why he have said that." Uzui said.

"He just believed base on what he just saw before. And I can't blame him if he said that info about the demons in the Final Selection." Tanjiro added.

"Yeah, but I've survived all this time. Inside this wisteria prison, I've eaten at least fifty of you brats." The morphed demon said.

"Fifty?" Tanjiro asked.

"11, 12... 13. That makes you Number 14!" The morphed demon pointed on Tanjiro.

"What are you talking about?" Tanjiro asked.

"Hehehehe. The number of Urokdaki's disciples I've eaten, that's what. Hehehehehe. I promised myself to kill every one of his disciples. Let's see... The ones who particularly stand out to me... It's those two. Those two... That brat's hair was a unusual color. He waa the most powerful. He had pinkish hair. A scar by his mouth. The other one was a female brat in a flowery kimono. She was small and lacking in power, but she was awfully agile." The morphed demon chuckled.

"14 students of yours... have been killed by that monster? Hell no." Izuku said.

"I prayed that Tanjiro can't slice the boulder way back before to avoid being killed by that monster. But, I was wrong. Tanjiro broke my negative chain of thoughts about my students being killed by that demon. Thanks to you Tanjiro, my belief towards others have regained now as well." Urokodaki said.

"I just did what it must be done. And also, to stop the brutal fest that monster does on your students." Tanjiro replied.

'They had already been killed by this demon?! But I was with them!' Tanjiro thought.

"Yeah, that made me shock and creep as well. How could those dead children helped me to pass the test." Tanjiro said.

"And its also creepy as well!" Zenitsu added.

"That mask! I can tell you by the fox masks. I know the texture of the masks Urokodaki carved. The same style of carving he used for his own goblin mask. Warding masks, right? Everyone got eaten just because they were wearing them. They're all here inside my belly. Urokodaki might as well have killed them himself! Hehehehe!" The morphed demon laughed.

"When I said that to the girl, she was crying and fell into a rage. And right after that, she lost control of her movements. I ripped off her limbs, and then..." The morphed demon added.

"That demon! I won't forgive him!! She killed a cute girl like her just like that?!" Zenitsu exclaimed.

Giyu, Tanjiro and Urokodaki have the "anger" aura in themselves as everyone shivered seeing the three getting angry after what they have saw.

"H-Hey! These three, their aura makes me want to run!" Inosuke said.

"Their faces when they got angry is full of terror." Kanroji added while hiding herself.

'Giyu, let me help you into your problems and let me be the one to bring back the light into your eyes.' Shinobu thought while looking on Giyu with concern.

Tanjiro widened his eyes and ran towards the monster as the monster launches its hands and attacks Tanjiro but Tanjiro managed to slash the incoming hands.

"Calm down, Tanjiro. Your breathing's uneven. It's all right. Never mind us!" Sabito said.

"T-They've been looking on me fighting that monster?" Tanjiro asked.

"Yeah. And they expect that you are the one who will freed their souls on that place where they died." Izuku replied.

'Sabito... I was a useless fool on you. Hope you forgive me for not helping you on that time.' Giyu thought.

Tanjiro was punched by the morphed demon in the head and sends him away, crashing to a tree. The demon now approaches Tanjiro while the slayer who was saved by Tanjiro is about to escape.

'I'm getting out of here while the demon's taking out that guy!" The slayer thought as he ran away.

"Bastard!! If I am on that forehead kid's place, I will kill him after dealing with that demon!" Sanemi angrily said.

"Did he survived by the way?" Nezuko asked.

"I don't know. Only me, Zenitsu, Genya, and Kanao were the ones who returned from Mt. Fujikasane on that time." Tanjiro thought.

"He's dead after escaping from the demon you encountered." Izuku said.

"But how?!" Tanjiro asked.

"He was killed by a demon as usual. Those kind of people don't deserve to live. Unless, he has a major role for you in your life." Izuku replied.

Tanjiro can be seen lying down on the ground with his head with blood on it. The demon laughed on his situation.

"Another of Urokodaki's brats is dying. I wonder how he's gonna feel when another of his kids doesn't come home. I wonder what kind of look he'll have on his face. Oh man, I wish I could see it. I really do." The morphed demon said as he launched his hand on Tanjiro.

"Tanjiro!!" Everyone thought.

"Lucky for you I didn't kill you way back before! And also, I can see that you really wanted to kill me but you have no chance because you're a pathetic creature!" Urokodaki yelled.

"It's okay Mr. Urokodaki, everything's gonna be fine." Izuku replied.

'Big bro! Big bro!' Shigeru yelled on his face on his mindstate. Tanjiro woke up suddenly and dodged the hand of the demon.

"Shigeru saved you from your death, nee-chan!" Nezuko said.

"Yeah. I wish I can see him again soon in my dreams." Tanjiro replied.

'He dodged it. So, he can still move?'

"Great! I can have some fun!" The morphed demon said as he launched a barrage of hands towards Tanjiro but Tanjiro slashes the demon's hands and runs away.

'Damn! No matter how many arms I cut, they grow back in a second!' Tanjiro thought.

"You can't defeat me just by slashing off my arms. Then again, even that pink-haried brat couldn't slice off my head!" The morphed demon said as a flashback of Sabito's sword went broken after slashing the demon's head and the demon catches Sabito's head and crushes it to kill him.

Everyone cringed after what seeing Sabito's death. Tanjiro started to cry, also Urokodaki as well. Nezuko covered his mouth after seeing another brutal death by a demon slayer.

"That demon... I WON'T FORGIVE HIM!!" Giyu angrily yelled.

"Enough Giyu! He's dead already. Justice is served for Sabito, Makomo, and to my students as well. No need to get angry because of that." Urokodaki said, making Giyu calm down.

"Sabito's death makes my heart broken. Can't believe that demons like that one exists." Kanroji said.

"But the Twelve Kizuku's style of killing humans is worse than what you have saw right now." Izuku said.

"Y-You saw them how they kill?!" The Hashiras exclaimed.

"Yes I am. And don't ask me for some spoilers. I won't give you some." Izuku replied, making everyone sigh.

'I can't just let this one go! Before any more lives are sacrificed, I gotta bring him down now!' Tanjiro thought as he started to attack the demon with his remaining strength and slashed the incoming hands towards him.

'*sniff* A demon's scent coming from the ground?' Tanjiro asked as he jumped high to avoid the hands from the ground to catch him.

"Tanjiro's keen of smell makes me jealous of it. Tanjiro, can you teach us how to achieve that smelling of yours?" Shinobu asked.

Uhm... ahh... I don't know how to teach you all but, all I can suggest is, you need to have a sensitive smelling. That's all." Tanjiro nervously replied.

"I'm gonna keep note of that. Thank you Tanjiro!" Shinobu said.

'H-He jumped! Dammit, I missed him! Yeah, but no way can he dodge this attack in mid-air.' The morph demon said as a huge hand is now closer on Tanjiro's face.

"Do you think Tanjiro's going to lose, too? His neck is so tough after all." Makomo said..

"He may lose, and yet, he may win. Either way, there's one irrefutable fact. That Tanjiro... is the man who sliced the toughest, largest boulder of all." Sabito said while sitting on the boulder that Tanjiro sliced.

"But he claimed that he sliced it! What the hell?!" Inosuke asked.

"He just said that to motivate Tanjiro. But he also managed to slice a boulder but not as big as what Tanjiro sliced." Urokodaki said.

"Kamaboko Gonpachiro, I'm gonna slice 6 large boulders and I can do what you can do! Understand?!" Inosuke yelled.

"Kamaboko? Screw it." Izuku sighed.

Tanjiro dodged the hand by spinning forward and using his head to create a starting force on it.

'He deflected me!" The morphed demom thought.

Tanjiro now started to run towards to the neck of the demon but the demon's hands created a bunch of mini-hands on it and charges him.

"Defeat him for Sabito, Tanjiro!" Giyu cheered. Everyone widened their eyes for the first time after seeing Giyu cheering someone.

"That's the spirit, Tomioka san!" Shinobu added.

"Giyu really wants to see the death of that demon. He really wanted to see someone who can avenge Sabito and Makomo's death." Urokodaki said on Oyakata who nods on his statement.

'Total Concentration! Water Breathing!'

'He got too close to me! Not to worry. My neck is tough! He can't slash it!' The morph demon thought.

'First Form!'

'As soon as he fails to cut my neck, I'm going to crush his head! Just like I did to the other one!' The morph demon thought.

The opening thread suddenly appeared on Tanjiro's eyesight as his sword unleashes it's water form on it and successfully slices the demon's neck.

'Water Surface Slash!' Tanjiro narrated.

To be Continued...

Sorry for the late chapter. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and also, I want to ask you, do you want me to join the dead people/cast in this anime or manga in this book or nah? Let me know. Thank you and have a great day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

989K 26.9K 62
Escaping an arranged marriage, (Y/n) came across the famous water hashira Urokodaki. Taking her under his wing, Urokodaki decided to train her into a...
24.5K 496 31
Y/N Kocho, Shinobu's younger sister, goes off to the demon slayer test and gets lost on the way. Night fall comes and she is attacked by a demon but...
36.9K 1.5K 26
โ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐ˆ ๐–๐„๐‘๐„ ๐–๐‘๐ˆ๐“๐“๐„๐ ๐…๐Ž๐‘ ๐„๐€๐‚๐‡ ๐Ž๐“๐‡๐„๐‘ โž ใ…ค โ•ฐโ”ˆโ”€โžค in which y/n, the frost hashira, encounters tanjiro during his final s...
1.2K 29 22
The story of how Nezuko Kamado, a demon, became one of the strongest Hashira