Elements of Reality

By kxmtae__

(DISCONTINUED) (YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO CONTINUE MY BOOK!) There exists many galaxies, each one tentati... More

Author Note
The Elements
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
Author Note and Recap
XXXII
Announcement
QnA

X

3.4K 254 119
By kxmtae__

Peering out the front window of the cafe, Aurora let out a soft sigh. On the sidewalk outside the uneven slabs of the pavement had a rainbow sheen, a reminder of the heavy rains that had poured down not so long ago. Above the sky was dominated by tumbling greys, smoky and silver. Her eyes stayed glued to the sky as the clouds began to part, making way for the sunshine. 

Realising that both Aurora and Yoongi were no longer paying attention, Hoseok cleared his throat, pushing aside his finished cup of coffee, "I think we should be careful." the male spoke up, pulling both Aurora and Yoongi from their daze and drawing them back into the reality of the present moment, "We know that contacting an elemental is dangerous. I don't think we should rush into this anymore."

Slamming a hand firmly against the wooden table, Aurora shocked the two males beside her, "But we do need to gather them!" she exclaimed, drawing in the unwanted attention of the other customers, "We can't just sit around and wait for the universe to die, we need to act now!" she spoke, teeth clenched as she voiced her concern. 

Letting out a sigh, Yoongi crossed his arms firmly over his form, "You're right, but I think out of all people you should keep your distance, Aurora." he breathed, calming the raven haired female down with his unusually soothing tone, seemingly catching Hoseok off guard as well. "If you so much as touch them, a fight will break out."

Aurora began twirling a finger anxiously around the end of her hair, "Another fight..." she gulped, "And I'm still yet to touch Seokjin." she spoke, remembering that with each elemental would come a fight, some more outrageous then others. Her first encounter with an extraterrestrial entity was when she had only just found Yoongi... back then it was just one man. But after meeting Hoseok, it wasn't just one, but three. 

Pulling Aurora out of her thoughts, Yoongi was quick to speak up, "It'll be fine, I'm sure Seokjin will keep his distance until the time is right."

Aurora rose a brow, "What should we do until then?"

Tapping a finger against the side of his coffee mug, Hoseok turned his gaze towards Aurora, "I think Yoongi and I should try and find this new guy." he voiced, coming up with the only plan he'd managed to think up in the moment, "The both of us are living proof of elementals" he lightly chuckled, lifting a hand and creating a quick spark of light, just fast enough so no civilians could question it, "shouldn't be too hard right?"

"You've got a point." Yoongi shrugged

Hoseok smirked, "Just leave it to us okay?"

~~~~~~

"Guys look!" Aurora called from the living room, "A new page of the book has formed!"

From the small kitchen just around the corner, Hoseok emerged from the shadows, running a hand through his tousled orange locks as he stumbled into the living room. The trio had managed to safely head back to Hoseok's small apartment above the cafe. It was small and cozy, a feeling of warmth radiating from the amber coloured walls and rustic furniture. The faint aroma of fresh coffee beans hung in the air, a scent both Yoongi and Aurora had become familiar with as Hoseok's. 

The sheer curtains blew gently in the soft breeze, dim moonlight casting it's silvery light over the living room inside. Joining both Yoongi and Aurora in the living room, Hoseok leant over Aurora who was leaning over the book seated on the carpeted floor. 

He frowned, "Time?" Hoseok too took a seat on the floor beside Aurora, eyes trailing slowly over the title of the newly formed page, "It looks to be about Seokjin's ability."

Yoongi scoffed, "Why didn't Hoseok and I get a page to ourselves? Is Seokjin special or something?"

Aurora rolled her eyes, playfully slapping Yoongi against the back, "Shut up and read."

Letting out a grunt, Yoongi rubbed a hand against his back, "Fine, fine..." he muttered, letting his gaze fall over the page of the book. Sucking in a cold breath of air, Yoongi began to read aloud, "Time. Everything that exists, everything that has existed, and everything that will exist." he began, reading the first line slowly and surely as the rest listened on intrigued, "It is represented by the movement of space, the ability to fast forwards time, stop it, reverse it and manipulate it." He paused for a moment, eyes trailing down to the final sentence with astonishment, "Each element can manipulate another, in this case time directly effects reality and reality directly effects time. Without one, the other cannot function."

Hoseok rose a brow, "So the element of reality and the element of time are linked?"

Running his fingers lightly along the words on the page, Yoongi nod, "Looks like it." he breathed, withdrawing his hand before closing the book of elements. 

Reaching out, Aurora took the book back into her grasp, tightly hugging it against her chest as she sunk back into thought, "I still don't get it." she murmured, just loud enough for both Hoseok and Yoongi to hear. "The pages of the book appear so randomly, and each with something completely different from the last." her eyes flickered up to meet with the male's, "Just what is the Author trying to tell us?"

Placing his hands firmly against the floor, Hoseok rose to his feet, "As of right now I think we just need to focus on-" The male's sentence was abruptly cut short by a gust of strong wind channeling itself through the open window. As it rushed inside the temperature suddenly began to plummet, Hoseok's form being sent into a violent fit of shivers as he wrapped his arms around his body for warmth. The wind blew through the house with a powerful passion, scattering old documents as if they were the leaves of fall and banging on the doors as if they were its chaotic drum beat. 

Watching papers beginning to fly, Yoongi quickly scurried to his feet, raising a hand as he began to channel his gravitational ability through his fingertips. Within mere seconds, Yoongi had managed to freeze any objects that went flying, keeping them afloat mid air until the wind finally stopped. 

Quickly lowering the objects to the floor, Yoongi scurried over towards the open window where Hoseok stood shivering. The tanned male's lips were now blue, teeth chattering as his eyes remained glued out the window. His white cotton t-shirt hung loosely around his thin frame as he pointed a shaking finger towards the cloudless sky, "Um... guys?"

Hearing the concern laced through Hoseok's usually calm voice, Aurora too rose to her feet, shuffling over towards the window where both Yoongi and Hoseok stood. Gaze following Hoseok's guide, Aurora's eyes widened in horror at the sight before her. 

The star speckled sky she'd grown to love so much was now almost nothing but a dark blanket of black, snuffing out all but a few speckles of light that remained of the closest of stars, but what horrified her the most was the lack of moonlight, the streets darker then ever as the moon drifted further from its orbit with earth. 

Lengthy black hair blowing softly in the wind, Aurora bit down on her lower lip, "This is bad." she muttered, shaking her head in disbelief, "Very bad."

"It's unheard of." Yoongi piped up, eyes cast to the moon, "everything's speeding up... gravity and energy are literally beginning to fail." he gulped, unconsciously bringing a hand to the marking of a crescent shaped moon behind his ear. 

From beside him, Hoseok let out a frosty breath of air, rubbing his hands against his arms in an attempt to keep warm, "At this rate, earth will perish." he spoke through chattering teeth. 

Rolling his eyes, Yoongi was quick to pull Hoseok away from the window, spinning the male on his feet and giving him a slight push towards the hallway, "You'll probably die of hypothermia first if you don't hurry up and put a jacket on." he sighed, watching as Hoseok quickly stumbled away from the open window, down the hall towards his bedroom where his warmer clothing presumably was. 

Sweeping his lengthy fingers through his raven hair, Yoongi turned back towards the window, only this time, he was the one lost for words. Within a mere second of Yoongi spinning back towards the window, a figure emerged from the darkness, gracefully swinging their way in through the opening. 

As the male jumped inside, Yoongi took a hold of Aurora's hand, pulling the smaller girl behind his form protectively. He kept his footing firm against the floor, one hand raised and ready for combat, but as the unknown male took a step out from the shadows and into the light, Yoongi's stance quickly softened, arms falling back to his side, "Seokjin?"

With a hand placed against his hip, Seokjin stood just in front of the open window. He was no longer dressed in his suit and tie, but in an oversized black hoodie instead, accompanied by baggy black sweat pants. Aurora was surprised to say the least, surprised that someone so elegant and high standing was able to look so plain and casual. 

Seokjin point a finger over his shoulder, "You should really keep your windows locked at night." he suggested, letting his arm fall back to his side. The male's usually styled blonde hair was now nothing but a wind swept mess, stray strands falling softly over his forehead as he took a step towards the group. 

Hearing the ruckus, Hoseok was quick to stumble back out from the hallway, pulling his hoodie over his head before locking eyes with the blonde, "Seokjin? How the heck did you get in? I don't remember giving you a key to my-"

"-anyways..." Seokjin cut in, crossing his arms firmly over his chest, "I'm not here for some petty sleepover... we have more serious matters to attend to if you haven't already noticed." he spoke, cocking his head towards the window as he gestured towards the night sky, "We're all in serious trouble... the earth is now being specifically targeted."

Aurora froze, "Does that mean-"

"Yes." Jin piped up, adjusting the sleeves of his sweatshirt, "At this rate the earth will perish." he confirmed, voice thick and accented as he took a step back, leaning against the window frame with ease. 

Aurora couldn't comprehend it. How was Seokjin able to remain so calm in a situation so dire? His face was stoney without fear or worry, simply focused on her now shivering form. "But why?" she questioned, eyes wide and pleading. 

"The Andromedans now know for a fact that the elementals are gathering. No doubt they're afraid." Jin began to explain, earning everyone's upmost attention, "Which is why i've changed my mind. We have to gather the elements as soon as possible." he closed his eyes as he let out a breath, "we need to fight."

Taking a step forwards, Yoongi's multiple silver piercings glistened in the faint light of the moon, so ethereal as he stood before Seokjin, "Then tell us where to go."

Eyes flickering open once again, Seokjin's expression fell into one of deep seriousness, so fitting for the task at hand, "I sense one coming from downtown, the nightclub to be more specific." he began to explain, proving to be of more use then the book of elements, "Hoseok and Yoongi, you go check it out." He commanded before extending an arm. 

Seokjin caught Aurora completely off guard by taking a tight hold of her wrist, tugging the female towards his taller form. Aurora couldn't help but yelp at the electricity that ran under her skin, as if someone had attached a live wire to her wrist as a burning sensation pulsed through her veins. Eyes squinted in pain, Aurora turned her gaze up to meet with Seokjin's, but Seokjin still wore the same old expression, 

"Aurora and I will take on whatever comes for me."

(unedited)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 410 24
A world where Elementals are on it's peak. everyone has one elemental power but taehyung is different and so is Jungkook. living in a world where eve...
935 104 32
Min Yoongi, sworn protector of his found family, suddenly finds himself falling for two of the most volatile beings in the entirety of his faction, w...
5K 339 62
Not many can say they've lost the light of heaven. Mortals live out their entire life awaiting the day they will experience the light of heaven for t...
310K 10.7K 49
Y/N... A young girl. She got to know that theres a 7 prince and a Devil King who has tamed the kingdom. Only one can save the world from the devil a...