The Comeback [Completed]

By jesshawty

Bailey, 4 months pregnant, was left stranded in a foreign neighbourhood. How does she comeback from it? _____... More

Chapter 1: fate takes multiple turns.
Chapter 2: the show must go on.
Chapter 4: a peek into C's daily routine.
Chapter 5: to my rescue.
Chapter 6: we need to talk.
Chapter 7: my old man.
Chapter 8: Ace baby.
Chapter 9: a busy week later.
Chapter 10: a steamy encounter.
Chapter 11: the confession.
Chapter 12: he's back.
Chapter 13: secrets and lies.
Chapter 14: queen paranoia.
Chapter 15: masterminding revenge.
Chapter 16: doctor.
Chapter 17: hey brother.
Chapter 18: investigation part 1.
Chapter 19: investigation part 2.
Chapter 20: the big night.
Chapter 21: motherfucker.
Chapter 22: her first shot.
Chapter 23: wake up call.
Chapter 24: the way forward.
Chapter 25: the comeback.

Chapter 3: the first day.

108 10 2
By jesshawty

Bailey's Point of View:

C's brother took his aviators off and asked "Dany, right?" Dany? Who's Dany? Oh wait. My goldfish memory almost forgot I gave them a pseudo name.

"Yes," I responded nervously. He looked into my eyes at that moment and all of a sudden, a magnetic field connected our eyes together like dots. If chemistry was visible, you'd witness it now. I got lost in his dark eyes, but that was merely an understatement of what I was feeling.

"We need to be on our way." He quickly snapped. And that sentence instantly destroyed the magnetic field of chemistry.

Silence was the only sound you could hear other than the roaring engine. For the next 10 minutes, I was a stone statue sitting on the passenger seat. C's brother cleared his throat. "I'm C's older brother, uhh everyone calls me Ace. C needed to urgently run last minute errands for my dad or else one of our armed deals would be forfeited. He didn't trust the weaklings to take you so he paid me a visit and begged for a favour at fucking 7 this morning. You must be pretty special to him. Is that his child you're expecting?"

I was shook to my core. What is up with this family and being forward. Seriously, they're nosier than those tea spill channels on YouTube. But I had to respond. "No no, the baby isn't his. We met yesterday - I was stranded in your neighbourhood and your brother came to my rescue."

For the first time in 2 weeks, I actually felt ... anticipated to live. We moved here about a month ago and things just rocketed south. Well still is. It just hit me that the semester commences in 2 weeks time, I need to somehow find the equilibrium between work and class.

"So where are you from?" Ace asked me. "Venus. But I got a scholarship here. I'm enrolled into a Computer Programming and Web Designing course. I've always been intrigued by how things can literally be made of 1's and 0's." I said with enthusiasm. "I'm passionate about everything computer related. My wildest dream is to be that geek chick that everyone depends their life on. You know, like Ramsey from the Fast and Furious series. I'm probably a bit rusty with my child-like hacking capabilities. But soon enough, I'll be dominating the dark web."

I added with a dramatic wink. Ace grinned, but his grin was a 'lol-this-chick-is-mad'- type of grin. I didn't care though. It was my wild dream to pursue.

We finally arrived at the spa.

• The Tiger's Club •

If I didn't know in advance it was a spa, I would've thought it was a martial arts school or some shit. But the exterior of the premise did give off an atmosphere of comfort. I caught a whiff of the sandalwood, nectarine infused candle burning on the front desk. Ace walked me in. He was at least 6 ft tall. C was probably a 5'10.

"Good Morning Mr Ace!" An Asian girl popped up like a music box by the front desk.

"Hi. She's the new receptionist. You know what to do." Ace responded sternly with his hands in his pockets.

"Yes sir, this way please Miss Dany." And she lured me to the staff room.

"Hi! My name is Olivia. I'm here to help you at anytime. I was given orders to be a friend to you by one of the higher authorities. Don't worry, you'll be taken extra care of. The only time I won't be around will be when my special client has an appointment with me." She winked at me and added, "So doors officially open for business at 10 in the morning. But work and admin duties starts at 09:30 so that our day runs smoothly. Every Friday night, the Tigers will gather themselves here and feast together. And that's also time for us to let the stress loose!"

I was rather confused. "What do you mean? tigers?"

Olivia's laugh bursted like fireworks, "Oh my sweet girl, not the animal. Aren't you aware that the gang name is Black Tiger? The founder was Asian and obsessed with Tigers. Rumour has it that he had one as a pet." Olivia then pointed to a white towel that had "黑虎" embroidered in the corner. And that's when I realised that the entire place was filled with those two Asian characters.

"Anyway Dany, let's get back to the front desk. Here's your name tag. Oh, and most importantly, lunch is at 1!"

11:45

I glared at the time. How is it not even 12 yet! I swear I've been sitting here for at least 4 bloody hours. My morning included phone calls, phone calls and more phone calls. The only problem was that I couldn't speak the tongue most of the foreign clients communicated in. So I ended up leaving most of the work for Olivia. Maybe I should actually do a bit of research on Black Tigers, seeing that I have some time to spare. I opened up my chrome and eagerly searched them up.

Black Tigers is the biggest and most well established gang (triad) in Vice City, founded by A. Miu in 1910. They are the biggest traders in multiple industries incl. illegal substance; ammunition; property and other activities listed below. The master today is J. Miu who is succeeded by 3 sons. Black Tigers has alliances everywhere in the world - they are always among us.

Wait, 3 sons? So there's another one of them? How come he wasn't at the dinner then? Oh well, that's not my tea. I checked the time again, it was almost lunchtime. I should enter the rest of this data into Excel before then.

*knock knock* ...
*knock knock* ... *ahem*

"Hello! Sorry, Hi! How can I help?" I said hastily and in shock. Shit. I got caught off guard. It was C.

"Miss, that's bad for business."

Fuck. "I'm so sorry C, I have no excuse." My cheeks flushed, I was embarrassed.

"I'm just teasing you. Don't stress. I'm here to take you on lunch. Does sushi suit your appetite?" He was so genuine.

But I can't... "No, that's not part of my job. Besides, I don't want to leave Olivia here alo...."

However, Olivia cut me mid sentence and replied, "My man will go bananas if he knew I went on lunch with higher authority. But you must go. It's your first day! I've got you covered!" and she gave me a cheeky wink and reassuring smile.

I guess sushi it is (also my favourite dish in the entire universe). "Alright then, I'm just going to grab my stuff, give me two."

It was the longest 5 minute drive of my life. We walked inside and the fragrance of rice navigated into my body triggering all my food senses. A polite middle-aged woman took our order and my anticipation was beginning to reach its limit. Our green tea and platter for 2 finally came - the vibrant colours of sushi was always picture perfect. I'm 100% an insta food hoe, there was no way my Instagram story isn't gonna brag about this. We conversed about simple things until C suddenly enquired about my baby father. All I said in response was "I don't know who he is." And that was the second lie I told him. I need to stop doing that - he has been nothing but the most genuine stranger to me.

The foodgasm I got from earlier lingered with me for the rest of the work day. It was time for knock off and a heavy pressure ballooned inside of me. I was weighed down - I mean, I am on the way back to a life I once thought imitated bliss.

It was no surprise that a black ride stood outside waiting for the pregnant lady. Was it going to be C or Ace? ... God forbid these wild thoughts.

C stepped out the car and gestured "let's go". The ride was a replay of last night's, except there was a lot more talking going on.

"Oh Dany, I won't be able to take you in the morning for the rest of this week. I have some things to do. But I'll arrange with one of my best boys to swing by the same time tomorrow morning. And here's my number. Is that alright?" he asked with doubt.

Without hesitation I gratefully responded, "Don't sweat it. I should actually be organising my rides for work now. I can't have my boss escort me to and from work everyday - I don't think life works like that anyway. Besides, you are a man with massive responsibilities."

"A man? I'm still a boy! Are you implying I look old?" he teased. "Jokes aside though miss, your innocence is new to this sinister city. Besides, I'm fond of you. You're not like any of the girls I grew up with. They all just wanted a piece of my status and wealth."

My heart palpitations were not catching a break. Compliments are great, but compliments coming from a guy like him makes it even better.

When I arrived at my door, I mentally prepared myself for Ethan. He didn't even check up on me all day. I opened the door and Ethan was playing GTA V. I kept my mouth zipped.

"Hey, I'm hungry. Do you wanna get takeouts?" Ethan asked. I said nothing and escaped to the kitchen. "Where were you all day?" Ethan tried speaking to me again.

I gave a one worded response, "work."

"Work? Where? When? Why?" he asked anxiously.

"Well you see, I have a baby to raise. Life goes on, so must I."

"Don't give me attitude. I didn't ask for you to be so fucking irresponsible. I thought your scholarshipped ass would have gotten the hint by now, I want an abortion."

... did he just? Raindrops formed in my cloudy eyes. I can't do this anymore. I have to leave. But where can I possibly go?

______________________________
I hope you enjoyed chapter 3, please don't forget to comment, like and share this story with your friends!

Jess.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386K 9.1K 40
Hannah comes home from a business trip to find out that her husband has been sleeping around with her best friend. To make matters worse it looks li...
368K 12.3K 65
****THIS BOOK IS BEING EDITED!!! SOME CHAPTERS GOT SWITCHED AROUND AND MESSED UP THROUGHOUT THE BOOK. THE CHANGES WILL BE MADE SLOWLY BUT SURELY OVER...
8.9K 451 16
Baby I'm so sorry I can't explain why I did this. Shut up. I gave you everything. There was no need for this and yet you treated me like this. You kn...
3K 117 29
FINISHED: Sorry about the confusion and grammar errors. But please give it a read! Book ONE - Standalone. What happens when you find out your husba...