The Black Hearts

By kalimasida

Bittersweet romantic fiction about Luna who is over controlled by her father and Kinta whose parents fail to... More

1 The beginning  [Luna Malik]
2 [Kinta Fujiyama]
3 [Luna Malik]
4 [Kinta Fujiyama]
5 [Luna Malik]
6 [Kinta Fujiyama]
7 [Luna Malik]
8 [Kinta Fujiyama]
9 [Luna Malik]
11 [Luna Malik]
12 [Luna Malik]
13[Kinta Fujiyama]
14 [Luna Malik]
15[Kinta Fujiyama]
16[Luna Malik]
17[Kinta Fujiyama]
18[Luna Malik]
19[Kinta Fujiyama]
20 [Luna Malik]
21[Kinta Fujiyama]
22[Luna Malik]
23[Kinta Fujiyama]
24 [Luna Malik]
25 [Kinta Fujiyama]
26 [Luna Malik]
27 [Kinta Fujiyama]
28[Luna Malik]
29[Luna Malik]
30[Kinta Fujiyama]
31[Luna Malik]
32[Luna Malik]
33[Kinta Fujiyama]
34[Kinta Fujiyama]
35[Luna Malik]
36[Kinta Fujiyama]
37[Luna Malik]
38[Kinta Fujiyama]
39[Luna Malik]
40[Kinta Fujiyama]
41[Luna Malik]

10 [Kinta Fujiyama]

183 17 10
By kalimasida

"Why were you not home for two weeks? Kinta I always tell you to act responsibly. You're the future leader, you know it don't you? You are our beloved son. Everywhere you go, they have their eyes on you. You get it ?"

As usual,Dad. Preaches to me about how I should act responsibly and be respected.

I roll my eyes and relax on the couch. I exhale and think about Luna.
I feel as though she is calling out my name. I know she would never. She hasn't even friend zoned me.

"Have you even written the trial exam for University of Tokyo I told you about?" Mom while to washing dishes asks.

"Nope" I quickly respond.
I will never write an entrance exam to that school.

"Kinta! Why don't you ? You know it's a good good School and you'll bring home an intelligent wife from there", giggling, Dad adds.

"I'm still thinking about it. I'm not ready yet" staring at the ceiling, I respond in an unserious manner.

"Kinta we don't have much time. Or you want to go study abroad? It's not a bad idea..."

"Mom!" I cut her speech off. I don't need to hear it anymore.

"Let me think! I'm still 17. The last thing I would do on Earth is to take over your business! Dad, let the world  know that your son doesn't want to be a part of Fujiyama company, who even cares? I don't want to be like  you"
I yell at them and add,
"Don't worry, I'll find my own way of getting money". 

I get up and walk to the house door.
I can't stay here for even just a night.
I'm going to have to sleep at that old apartment tonight too, as usual.

Mom runs after me.

"L-l-look son, you're an intelligent child and we believe in your ability. You've always made us proud. For the last time, please listen to us and do as we say. Please Son" She says to me from the back.  I shake my head lightly.

"Leave him. Let the young boy think the way he wants to. Afterwards he'll come home and beg us to give me a last chance"  drinking beer, Dad says to Mom.

I walk out of the house.
I can't deal with this shit anymore.

They've always talked about making me take over their business and marrying a rich woman.
Now I'm fed up.

I walk down the street and enjoy the cold breeze.
I look around. People are carelessly walking slowly.

Except for one. She is running in the mixture of these easygoing people.

I take out my phone and check the time. It is 8 o'clock. I set my eyes on the girl who looks terrified and is running while looking back as though someone is chasing her.

She.

"Luna! Luna!" I call out her name. She stops and looks around. Then I notice some black men running towards her direction. She sees them and start  running again.

I also run across the street. I am about 100 metres away from her and about 50 metres away from the guys chasing her.
I use my last strength to run to her. I grab her hand and lead her. I turn to look at her but she is turning back looking at the guys so I see the back of her head.
They are getting closer.  I pull her into a certain building and keep her in my arms.

Her head is on my chest. I am sure she hears my heartbeat. She is breathing uneasily.
I squint to see if anybody is coming closer.

Then I feel an object on my back.
Something sharp.

It is a knife. I have not yet been stabbed. I turn and see one of the guys who were chasing Luna.
He is in a black coat and sunglasses with a golden chain around his neck.
I set my eyes on the knife in his hand.

I bring Luna behind me and I face the man. He giggles and opens his mouth.

I hold Lina's hand tightly.

"She's ours bro, let us take care of her and you'll be safe. She has disgraced the family so she needs to be punished". 

I don't talk. I remain silent. He gets closer as we step back.

"Come on now brother, I don't think you'd want to be hurt. I'll spare you. I'm just obeying her father".
He has the knife facing us.

We step back slowly. All that we can do it to run. We have no weapon.
I won't waste anytime.
I firmly hold Luna's hand and begin to run again. For some reason, he's slow so we make a quicker move.

The guy chases after us.

We run to the old apartment and lock each other up in my room.
We are both running out of breath and we are also staring at each other.

Tears roll down her cheeks and she looks down. I bring her closer and hold her in my arms. I kiss her forehead and look in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Luna, I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you all this while".
She cries on me.
I see bruises on her neck. I usually don't see her neck because of her school uniform but tonight, she's in a casual dress so I could see clearly.

I gently raise her chin and slowly take off her cardigan.
She looks down and grab my arms. She doesn't want me to see them?
I whisper to her, "let me help you Luna. I care about you more than I do for myself"
She looks straight in my eyes and leaves my arms weakly.

I slowly undress her by removing her sleeve. I close my eyes out of shock and fury.
From her neck down to her shoulders,back and arms have been tattooed with horrible bruises.

She cries out and lays on me.
I become speechless and furious. How can they hurt her like this?

"It's everyday Kinta. Every night. He beats me. I run but he still catches me. He treats me like an animal but I do nothing wrong Kinta! Nothing! "
She weeps. I just embrace her and tap her back.

Afterwards I make her have a warm bath and treat her wounds.
She keeps closing her eyes and holding her phone tightly.
I prepare hot chocolate for her and we sit on the couch.

"Let me bring you something to wear"
I get up to walk to my bedroom. Then she grabs my hand and says "I'll go with you".
I carry her in my arms to the bedroom and put her down on my bed. Then I grab a small sized shirt from the closet and hand it to her.
She smiles and wears the shirt.

"It's so big on me". She says to me and I smile back.

She removes her sweatpants and I try to look away.
I smell her fragnance and the next thing I know, her arms are around my stomach. Her head on my back.

"Thank you Kinta" she murmurs while exhaling, "Now if they find me, I'm dead" she adds.

She walks to the bed and sits. I do same and place my hand on hers.
"They won't find you.  You can stay here", I tell her.

She shakes her head and stares at me.
"You have no idea" says to me and turns her face to the other side.

I hold her cheek lightly and make her face me again.

Her lonely eyes, her tiny nose and soft cheeks. Then my eyes move down to her lips.

I go closer.
She does not move back, instead closes her eyes.

I kiss her. For about 5 seconds. When I get away, she brings me closer and kisses me again. I kiss back. This time, for about 10 seconds.

She is someone I would never want to hurt. I don't wish to go further with what is already going on  here.

I lay her down on the bed and cover her body with a thick blanket so she won't feel cold. I rub her head and tap her back till she falls asleep. She sleeps in my arms all night long.

We absent from school for three days and remain indoors.
Probably out of stress, Luna spends most of the time sleeping. Once in a little while I also check outside the window to see if I find anyone suspicious. I don't see anyone, luckily.
I wish to keep her in my arms forever. She deserves to smile and be happy.

"I think I'll leave tonight"
On the third day, she says to me while I bake her pancakes. I give her a glare.

"You won't find me dead, don't worry"
saying,  she smiles and places her hand on my cheek.

She walks into the bathroom with clothes in her hand. I follow her and wrap my arms around her chest from the back. I don't want her to leave. I need her to stay with me.

"You don't need to go Luna I'm here, I'll take care of you and protect you"

She removes my hands and says
" he's my father. You don't know what he's capable of. Mom has only me. My sister is no longer there".

She gets dressed and walks out of the bathroom and even my room. Eventually, she walks out of the apartment too.

I watch her cross the street through my window.
I am desparate to follow her  home but I don't want to make her feel disturbed.  I step back and hit the table angrily.

What am I supposed to do? Is she going to be alright?
Am I even going to see her again?

The clock indicates seven thirty.

I snatch the key and and hurriedly walk out of the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272 3 12
Kyosuke, a high school student meets his love for an older woman but fate bends when a lurking shadow is enfolded that changes his life and his love.
5K 452 26
A teenaged girl struggles with the death of her best friend. When the police stop investigating the case of her friend she decides she should find t...
Who are you ? By DQ

Mystery / Thriller

2.5K 170 14
( RECONSTRUCTING ) A roller coaster ride of emotions and mystery all stirred together. A romance , yet tragedy based story . 🦋 DISCLAIMER : This s...
A Cruise To Die For By Ekon

Mystery / Thriller

29 1 1
Join a group of kids as they realize high school isn't all it's cracked up to be. See who survives in this field trip of mutual killing.