Fading Rivers. [90s Hollywood...

By rjane_

A 1990s romance involving a young woman, two of Hollywood's famous heartthrobs, and another young soul - all... More

characters.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
seven.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
not an update, but the need to write this is very high.
fourteen.
fifteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty - two.
the chapters being out of order.

sixteen.

2.7K 133 29
By rjane_

(a/n: If you haven't seen my community post, I've been dealing with my brother's upcoming wedding that is next week. I will get back on schedule afterwards.

+ I've been thinking about switching Tony's reference photo, because I can't find more than 2 photos of that person. I don't want to, because he's perfect for what I imagine.. We will see.)

• • •

"How does that sound?" Magnolia heard River ask her.

While Keanu was asleep on the other side of her, River sung some of his lyrics to her.

"Babe? What do you think?" River asked her again, looking down at her.

"I think I'm about to cum."

"Not yet." River removed his slick fingers from her.

(A/N: 😏)

"River!"

"Shhh, you'll wake Keanu." He said, looking at the sleeping form of her other lover and his best friend.

"The lyrics, babe. What do you think?" He asked again.

"The lyrics are beautiful." Magnolia said, touching his soft hair. "It shows the side of you that only the people closest to you are able to see."

"Yeah?" He asked, reaching back down to trace circles on her bud. "Should I change anything about them?"

"Depends on what you want to convey.." She answered in a shaky voice. "I-I like some songs that are extremely vague and leave the listeners guessing and.." Magnolia stopped once he inserted his finger inside of her.

"Go on." River mumbled, kissing her neck.

"I like when songs paint a vivid scene too." She said. "You can do both."

The lamp, that was on, allowed River to see her facial expressions as he probed his long fingers deep inside of her.

Magnolia turned her head, and because she was so close to Keanu, her face was pressed into his back.

"Mm." She heard Keanu groan.

River's fingers worked furiously inside of her causing lewd sounds to fill the room.

"Is that what we're doing?" Keanu spoke, sleep and amusement coated his voice.

"Open your legs, Magnolia." River demanded.

Keanu turned into his back, being careful not to smash into Magnolia's face.

"Baby, River's been torturing me for an hour." Magnolia moaned out, pressing her head into his chest.

"He has? For an hour?" Keanu chuckled, before helping River with her legs.

"Thirty minutes tops." River said.

They watched as she twisted from the assault that River was doing to her. His one hand worked furiously at circling her clit, while his other hand curved inside of her.

"Fuck, River." Magnolia gripped his left forearm.

"Cum for me." He told her. "That's it.. just cum for me, baby."

They watched as Magnolia made her last movement of spreading her legs wider; something they noticed that she did when she was about to climax while in missionary position.

Keanu had a feeling that she was a squirter, and he planned on seeing if his theory was true.

River lowered himself to her breast and licked at her nipple, while his fingers came to a halt.

The next couple of moments were quiet, until the soft snores made them both look at Keanu.

"What the-" Magnolia started but let out a laugh that River joined in on.

River moved to the side of her and bought their blanket over them, before turning off the nightstand lamp.

• • •

"I'm so excited!" Magnolia told Tony at the airport.

Her grandparents were arriving and had plans to stay for a week and a half.

Woody wanted to come, but he was busy with a movie and couldn't get off. Tony offered to drive, not liking the possibility of Magnolia to be stuck in L.A.'s horrible airport traffic, as a new driver.

Tony shook his head as he watched her wave the sign, keeping quiet on the fact that her grandparents knew what she looked like.

"Nolia!" She heard her grandfather before she saw him. Her eyes instantly started to water as they came into contact with their faces.

(Legend Gladys Knight and her husband, William McDowell. ❤)

Magnolia choked out a sob as she flew into his arms. His familiar cologne added onto the warmth of his hug.
Her grandmother's perfume wrapped around her and she felt her kiss her head.

"It's so good to see you, my beautiful baby." Vivian said, with a smile.

Tony watched with a smile as the three wiped their tears. All he wanted was for Magnolia to be happy.

"Oh! Nana. Granddaddy. This is Tony, my boyfriend." Magnolia smiled, while she reached out for him.

"Nice to meet you, sir." Tony said shaking her grandfather's hand.

"Nice to meet you, son." Franklin responded.

"Ma'am, you're as beautiful as the pictures Magnolia showed." Tony said, turning to her grandmother and kissing her knuckles.

"He's smooth, Nana." Magnolia laughed.

"I see." Vivian said, dramatically fanning herself. "It's good to meet you, handsome."

"Alright now! Not my woman." Franklin said, taking his wife's hand.

Magnolia laughed and hooked her arm with Tony's.

__

Woody opened his front door and walked into his house, followed by Keanu and River.

Music played, along with laughter. The smell of the delicious food instantly sent him back to their constant family dinners.

"Ma? Dad?" Woody called out, while sitting his keys and work bag down.

"In here." He heard his mother's pleasant voice responded back.

Walking into the kitchen, Woody was immediately taken into a hug by his father, while his mother dried off her hands.

While the two men wanted to greet them properly, they didn't want to interrupt their reunion.

Keanu watched Magnolia with a fond smile, as she sat happily with Tony at the table.

He took in the flour on her face and moved to walk closer to her.

"Hey, babe." Magnolia absentmindedly called out, when she noticed the two.

Keanu leaned down and kissed her temple, while greeting Tony.

River took his turn kissing her on the corner of her lips.

They didn't say how they would let her grandparents now about the four of them, but he didn't want to cause any confusion for the time being.

"Hi." He whispered as he leaned back some.

"Hi." Magnolia responded, licking her lips. She noticed that he was looking worried.

"Relax, they will love you." She said, reassuringly.

"I remember telling you that.. and my mom wasn't exactly as warm to you as I thought she would be." River let out a soft chuckle.

"Hey." Magnolia spoke softly.

She didn't want to bring attention to him, even though no one would judge him.

"There's no need for you to apologize. I'm just thankful that you stood up for me." Magnolia stated seriously.

"And I always will." River said, kissing her forehead.

"Nolia?" Vivian called out. "Are you going to introduce us?"

"Sorry, Nana." Magnolia said. Tony handed her a hand towel and went back to mashing the potatoes.

"River. Keanu." She said, grabbing their arms. "These are my grandparents, Vivian and Franklin Daniels."

"It's good to finally meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Daniels." Keanu said, offering his hand.

"It certainly is. Magnolia and Woody have spoken so much about you two." River said, his voice soft.

"Please, call us Viv and Frank." Vivian said, hugging the two.

"We heard that Magnolia made some friends here. It will be good to get to know you both." Franklin said, while shaking their hands.

"Dinner will be ready after the cornbread comes out. Why don't you men grab a beer and relax?" Vivian suggested.

• • •

"Son, will you run and grab some of those flowers that your mother loves so much?" Franklin handed his son a few bills.

Woody nodded, knowing that his father needed to talk to the three men alone. He had his time to speak with them about Magnolia, and now it was his father's turn.

"I would like to tell you about Magnolia's parents." Franklin said, straight to the point. He grabbed four shotglasses from Woody's mini bar - something he was surprised to see in his son's home.

He let out a heavy sigh as he sat down on the couch, while motioning for them to have a seat.

"Our babygirl, Cynthia, had Magnolia at the age of 16... We were furious." He let out a humorless chuckle.

"We weren't ready to be such young grandparents, but turning our back on our daughter was not an option.. It helped that Stephan, Magnolia's father, treated her well. I couldn't have asked for a better man for my daughter." Franklin said, with a sad smile.

"I see how you three look at my Nolia." He said, while reaching for their glasses and pouring the bourbon into them.

"While this isn't exactly what I wanted for my granddaughter, I can't deny what I see when she looks at the three of you too."

Franklin paused and cleared his throat. "The aftermath of her parents' death is something that I would never want to see her go through again. It was like watching a ghost - so much so, that we felt it was better for her to leave."

"All I ask is for you to love my granddaughter the best way that you can, and I will live a happy man."

__

Same time.

"Come here, Nolia." Vivian said to her, as they waited for the kitchen timer to go off.

"Nana, I'm too big."

"Come." Vivian motioned towards her.

Magnolia crawled her way onto her grandmother's lap and let out an shaky breath. Vivian cradled her head as she watched Magnolia rub on her arm.

"I'm so proud of you, Magnolia.. Woody has kept me up with how well you have been doing."

"Your mother and father would be so proud of you." She said, lightly trailing her hands into Magnolia's scalp.

"I miss them so much, Nana." Magnolia let out a sob

"I know you do.. I do too. All we can do is hope that we will be able to see them again, one day. Until then, we have to live for them and keep their memories alive."

"I don't want to see you hurt, and I think it's a very taboo position that you're in.. But if these men make you happy, then I want you to live your life." Vivian told her.

"Promise me that you will protect yourself. Don't let this new world change you for the worse."

"I promise."

______

"Which dishes can River eat?" Magnolia asked.

Vivian looked at her, caught of guard.

Magnolia sighed at the look on her face. "Nana, I told you River is a vegan."

"What exactly is a vegan?" Franklin asked curiously.

Woody shook his head and sighed.

"I don't eat meat or anything that comes from animals, sir." River spoke.

"Oh.. I've never met one of your kind before." Franklin said, grabbing a roll and passing the basket to Woody.

Keanu coughed and reached for his glass as River let out a laugh, along with Tony.

"I'm sorry baby, I'm so used to my recipes that I forgot to hold off on them." Vivian said.

"Mama, I'll go ahead and take his fill." Woody reached out for the mashed potatoes.

"Just greedy." Vivian smacked his hand. "Hands off, you know we don't touch the main course until we're all ready to eat. There's enough rolls to hold you off until I come back."

The rest of the table snickered at their interaction, when Woody proceeded to eat his roll angrily.

"I'm fine with a salad, Mrs. Daniels." River told him.

"Nonsense. I have some left over roasted veggies, and call me Viv, baby." She said, from the kitchen.

"Don't argue." Magnolia told River, grabbing his attention. "Black grandmothers hate for people to go hungry."

"True." Keanu said, with a nod.

All at once, everyone -even River- turned to look at him.

"I told you before, I know things." He shrugged with a smile.

"My grandbaby must not be the first.." Franklin blurted out.

"Franklin!" Vivian screamed from the kitchen.

Woody choked on his roll, while Tony let out full out laugh. River covered his blushing smile with his drinking glass and Keanu's body rumbled with a silent laugh.

"Granddaddy.." Magnolia hissed at him. "That is offensive."

Franklin reached over to pinched his beloved granddaughter's face. "Oh hush, Nolia. I'm having harmless fun."

At the laughter died down, they conversed while they waited on River's meal to be finished.

With her leftover rice, that she hadn't add butter to yet, she made a quick garlic, rice, and mushroom dish to go with his salad, squash, sweet corn, and steamed broccoli.

"This looks amazing." River looked at the plate, after thanking Vivian.

"My pleasure, sugar." She said, patting his shoulder and making her way to her seat.

A simple grace was given, before the now-blended family got to know one another.

Tony spoke on his music store - which he, River, and Vivian bonded over their love for music. Vivian grew up singing in the church, which she still does, and at a diner as a teenager.

Keanu and Franklin bonded over motorcycles and martial arts - since Franklin used to be an amateur boxer.

Woody polished off his food and responded when needed, with Magnolia right behind him - they missed their homecooked meals dearly.

After she gave herself a moment to reflect, Magnolia looked around and just felt at peace.

Before they could noticed, she wiped away a stray tear.

• • •

After dessert and helping her grandmother pack up leftovers for the guests to take home, Magnolia made her way outside for some fresh air.

Stepping outside, she smelled cigarette smoke and knew it was River.

Hearing her yawn, River looked up and gave her a soft smile. He held out his hand to help her sit down beside him.

Magnolia watched as he took a drag from his cigarette.

Such a nasty habit, but damn he looks good. she thought.

She heard a chuckle and looked at a smiling River. "Are you okay, babe?"

"Of course, I am." She said, leaning her head onto his shoulder.

"Your grandparents are so nice." He said, after a moment of silence.

"They never meet a stranger.." Magnolia said, playing with his free hand. "I love them dearly."

"You can tell that they feel the same way about you." River butted out his cigarette and pocketed it to throw away.

"Can I get your opinion on something.."

"Of course." She said, leaning off of him to make eye contact with him.

"I'm thinking about cutting back on acting and focusing on music more." River said, uncertainly.

"I think that's great." Magnolia smiled at him, noticing his unsure facial expression and tone of voice.

"Really?"

"Yeah, why not? You are in control of your life, River, do what makes you happy."

A relieved and bright smile spread across River's face. "I love you so damn much, Mag." He said, before leaning in for a kiss.

"I love you too." Magnolia told him. Although she got on him about kissing her with cigarette breath, she didn't mind that time.

__
Unedited.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.5K 703 39
It's a BWWM novel.
5.5K 148 17
Two teenagers with a interesting love story fr🤷🏽‍♀️ + a baby later on
4.7K 228 23
"𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘕𝘪𝘯𝘦, 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨... ...𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧...
141K 5.5K 60
**** COMPLETE **** This novel centers around Faith, a young black woman in her early 20s that's given up on the thought of love. That is until she fi...